pilgrim_pete
LondonGreen
mouldyoldgoat
Charlie Wood
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!! Empty
PostSubject: Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!!   Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:28 am

It's taken a while to get organised, but I've today been able to finalise the details of the ATD question and answer session with James Brent.

Mr Brent has agreed to meet with ATD members, chat, take questions, provide answers, in an informal meeting.

The meeting will be held at The Cherry Tree, Ham Drive, on Wednesday 2nd of May, at 7pm.

Anyone who was an active member of this Site as of the time and date of this post can attend. Please PM me to confirm your interest. I will have to compile a list of names of those attending, simply so we know the numbers.

Anyone unable to attend on that date who wants to pose a question to Mr Brent, please post your question or comment on here and I guarantee that it will be asked in the exact way it is written - no editing, no preferential treatment, regardless of topic.

This meeting is taking place just a few days before the last game of a tumultuous season. On and off the field there have been so many issues that have been debated on here, from the team's performance, to the establishment of the GAS Board, the financing of the new Grandstand, the compositon of the new Board, the club's survival and the plans for next season, so I'm sure there will be plenty to discuss. It's also a great opportunity to show Mr Brent how passionately we care about the club we all support.

So, put the date in your diary and make an effort to get along. I look forward to seeing ATD take its place in the Boardroom on the 2nd of May!!

Last edited by Andy_Symons on Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!!   Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:33 am

Good on James Brent I say, he could gain a lot of respect from this.

Well done Andy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!!   Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:46 am

Great work Andy. I won't be able to make it in person but I will send my question/questions to you.

Hopefully all of the negative threads that have been selectively chosen by Chris Webb to show James Brent, will now be balanced out with the opportunity for ATD'ers to meet the man himself and see the whites of his eyes, and Mr Brent can see for himself that we're all just disillusioned supporters who aren't happy with how the club has been run lately, and want more of an answer than "Trust James, he's a good man".

Did you have to go through James's personally secretary Mr Newell? He's always telling people he can arrange for them to meet James. Not sure how he will be feeling about the cowards and freaks being allowed anywhere near his master if he hasn't been consulted though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!!   Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 12:17 pm

Very Impressed! He's gone up again in my estimation.

Considering all other issues, I intend to come.

Thanks, Andy.

Is there a bar in the boardroom? Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!!   Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 12:19 pm

knecht wrote:
Very Impressed! He's gone up again in my estimation.

Considering all other issues, I intend to come.

Thanks, Andy.

Is there a bar in the boardroom? Wink

Yes there is, knecht. One of the reasons I suggested a meeting at the club was so the club, rather than a local pub, benefitted financially from the impressive capacity for beer that I've seen from Freak Meet attendees lol!

I've also spoken to James Greenacre, the Hospitality Manager at Argyle about possibly laying on a small buffet for people going. I'll let you know how that shapes up.

Last edited by Andy_Symons on Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!!   Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 12:27 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Great work Andy. I won't be able to make it in person but I will send my question/questions to you.

Hopefully all of the negative threads that have been selectively chosen by Chris Webb to show James Brent, will now be balanced out with the opportunity for ATD'ers to meet the man himself and see the whites of his eyes, and Mr Brent can see for himself that we're all just disillusioned supporters who aren't happy with how the club has been run lately, and want more of an answer than "Trust James, he's a good man".

Did you have to go through James's personally secretary Mr Newell? He's always telling people he can arrange for them to meet James. Not sure how he will be feeling about the cowards and freaks being allowed anywhere near his master if he hasn't been consulted though.

Jock, post your questions on here, mate, that way people who do get to the meeting will be able to confirm that they've been asked as you intended, without editing or interference from the Mod team on here.

As for Mr Brent's PA, it's not Newell, she's a delightful lady named Anne, who's been wonderfully helpful in booking the venue and arranging the meeting. Rick Cowdery at PAFC has also been a huge help in getting this organised. He'll be at the meeting, taking notes, and a transcript will be agreed after the meeting and posted on here and (I assume) the official site.

I'm not sure I would have got the same degree of help, co-operation and cheerfulness if I had approached Ian Newell for assistance lol!
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!!   Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 12:32 pm

Well done Andy, please put my name down, I'm on duty in Plymouth that day so I might have to cancel at the last minute if my presence is physically required elsewhere...hopefully not.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!!   Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 12:41 pm

Great work Andy and thanks to James Brent for allowing ATD members the opportunity to ask questions. I will be working on the 'one who must be obeyed' to see if I can come down. Oh I had better ask work as well!
If not then I will post my question on here.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!!   Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 1:44 pm

Excellent news. I think this is a great example on how this site is gradually gaining prominence amongst the wider online Argyle community. Good work Andy

I wont be able to make it either but will post a few questions. Is there a deadline for them to be submitted by?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!!   Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 2:29 pm

Excellent work from all involved in organising this sunny

I too shall be PMing Andy for my proper invite (is there a dress code?) and will be asking Mr Brent about the imposition of salsa verde on longstanding season ticket holders in blocks 3 and 4 and the risk that a lot of us won't be renewing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!!   Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 2:41 pm

With the announcement of the Argyle "Membership" packages and the Q&A session for members of this site with JB I would suggest it is a positive news day Very Happy

Well done Andy this is a real coup for ATD.

Last edited by Arch Stanton on Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!!   Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 2:41 pm

Well done Andy and well done to JB for taking this opportunity to meet real fans. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!!   Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 3:16 pm

Well done Andy Symons ... excellent work, your drive is just what ATD needs.
Barring the club going into administration before then cat , I shall be there... put me on your list please... I can't PM you yet as I don't have enough posts to my name.
James Brent needs to understand that us hard to please ATD fans are just normal everyday fans that think the club should behave decently within the community, surely that's not too much to ask.
Being a Central Park allotment holder and long time user of the Park's swimming facilities, I shall be very interested re the development plans and the juxtaposition between Club and PCC.
Back to top Go down
pilgrim_pete

PostSubject: Re: Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!!   Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 3:27 pm

Good to see you back posting Penzancepirate (well there's a sentence I'd never thought I'd say)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!!   Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 4:07 pm

pilgrim_pete wrote:
Good to see you back posting Penzancepirate (well there's a sentence I'd never thought I'd say)

I'll pretend you never said it... your secret is safe with me. Funny I've never seen you and Greensam ever post at the same time, Pete. clown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!!   Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 4:09 pm

Penz wrote:
pilgrim_pete wrote:

I'll pretend you never said it. Funny I've never seen you and Greensam ever post at the same time, Pete. clown

Ah no, Penz, they're two different people entirely. Both would be welcome at the Q&A. How about it, pete and Sam?
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!!   Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 4:45 pm

Andy i have a question for you will windsor boy sorry i mean mr president be attending?

Ps well done for getting this sorted
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!!   Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 4:46 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
Andy i have a question for you will windsor boy sorry i mean mr president be attending?

He's as welcome to attend as any other registered ATD poster. He'll have to sit with the ordinary punters on this occasion though lol!
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!!   Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 4:53 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:

He's as welcome to attend as any other registered ATD poster. He'll have to sit with the ordinary punters on this occasion though lol!

He certainly is welcome as are all ATD members but will he attend. Count me in look foward to meeting a few fellow ATDers.

Tring you coming Laughing
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!!   Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 4:57 pm

i said it would never happen, I was wrong.

andy i hope this goes the way you want it too.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!!   Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Well done Andy for arranging this - and thanks also to the club for the venue.

If James Brent is unable to attend, I hope any replacement guest speaker will be an proper representative of the club rather than the odious Newell/Jameson duo who turned up at the recent Cornish Supporters meeting.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!!   Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 4:59 pm

Good work Andy.

Who'd have thought, a year or so ago, after the dictatorship ruined the old AT site, that this site would be populated with almost 300 members and is having a face to face Q&A session with the club chairman. Pheonix from the flames and all that! Even better that the club might be prepared to support us on the official site- good free advertising!

Would it be worth for people attending/ non attending to PM their questions (to Andy?)- an order list could be drawn up (so its more organised on the day) and less chance of repeated questions/ crossover with pasoti. Those attending without questions could ask on behalf of an exile/ non-ATDer.

Another idea (just thinking allowed) would be to allow kids (e.g. Cerbs and JonB's sprogs and Cobi[ Laughing ]) to ask questions. Pasoti's Q&A was excellent, but very serious- this might give some lighter relief and a different angle? (preparing Tin hat)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!!   Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 5:04 pm

The only thing I'd say to that, CA, is that if people who can't go post their questions on this thread, then they can be confident that the questions will be asked exactly as the questioner wrote them - no editing, no agenda, no pre-selection by Mods; you know, all that stuff that marred the pasoti Q&A.

I'd love it if some of our younger contributors came along and asked questions; and I think the idea of ATD members' offspring asking questions is a good 'un.

If people do want to ask questions, it might be worth a quick gander at the official site's report of pasoti's Q&A so that duplicate questions might be avoided.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!!   Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 5:56 pm

I've now been informed that I've got to bring cake.

Can anybody make cakes?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!!   Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 5:57 pm

Yeah, Warrens make some nice ones.

Have a whip round (fnarr fnarr).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!!   Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Meet James Brent - The ATD Q&A is on!!
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next