Yea Man
jabba the gut ecfc
Dougie
Dick Trickle
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dick Trickle

Thank You James Brent Empty
PostSubject: Thank You James Brent   Thank You James Brent EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 6:11 am

Some on this thread are even saying that they prefer league two football anyway.... pig jocolor jocolor jocolor

Aviva Alert
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank You James Brent   Thank You James Brent EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 6:23 am

that poster over there screams bacon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank You James Brent   Thank You James Brent EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 6:32 am

To be fair though, there's a number of posters who are beginning to show signs of developing a backbone. I don't think the Aviva Massive are going to be having it all their own way from now on. And we'd better start next season reasonably well or the current trickle (sorry Dick) could become a torrent.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Thank You James Brent   Thank You James Brent EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 7:01 am

James Brent has established us as a League Two club. Half the league in terms of numbers have now been promoted since our first season back in League Two and we are not one of them.

The big clubs that have beaten us to it are Swindon Town Shrewsbury Town Crawley Town Crewe Alexandra Gillingham Rotherham United Port Vale Bradford City Chesterfield Scunthorpe United Rochdale Fleetwood Town Burton Albion Shrewsbury Town Bury Southend United Northampton Town Oxford United Bristol Rovers AFC Wimbledon.

Has the Chairman spoken since the defeat. Or will we hear via his bits of rough on the side.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Thank You James Brent   Thank You James Brent EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 7:35 am

Homeslice wrote:
To be fair though, there's a number of posters who are beginning to show signs of developing a backbone. I don't think the Aviva Massive are going to be having it all their own way from now on. And we'd better start next season reasonably well or the current trickle (sorry Dick) could become a torrent.

I don't expect you to see it this way, but that would be a good thing for those who want the fanbase to ask questions of the owners and their Kapos. The playoff final may well prove to be a blessing in disguise for similar reasons - getting out from under Brent and his cronies will be a million times harder if the cracks can be successfully papered over with confetti.

The Hereford sceptics have a phrase for their compadres who are being easily duped by their own shyster owners - their version of Avivas I suppose. They use the pejorative " I Just Wanna Watch Football". Most fans are like that unfortunately - give them short or medium term success & it's very difficult to get them to worry about the rotten foundations.

Of course it's ingrained to want your team to do well (although the way some of our anti-Tisdale fanatics carry on I sometimes wonder about that) but it really would be better for you in the long-term if that didn't happen in the short-term.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank You James Brent   Thank You James Brent EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 7:42 am

jabba the gut ecfc wrote:
Homeslice wrote:

I don't expect you to see it this way, but that would be a good thing for those who   want the fanbase to ask questions of the owners and their Kapos. The playoff final may well prove to be a blessing in disguise for similar reasons - getting out from under Brent and his cronies will be a million times harder if the cracks can be successfully papered over with confetti.

The Hereford sceptics have a phrase for their compadres who are being easily duped by their own shyster owners - their version of Avivas I suppose. They use the pejorative " I Just Wanna Watch Football". Most fans are like that unfortunately - give them short or medium term success & it's very difficult to get them to worry about the rotten foundations.

Of course it's ingrained to want your team to do well (although the way some of our anti-Tisdale fanatics carry on I sometimes wonder about that) but it really would be better for you in the long-term if that didn't happen in the short-term.
In fairness Jabba, I agree. Another positive is that if we'd gone up, Brent could have bought the freehold without much in the way of concerted opposition. Sure, a few of us on here would have kicked up a stink but the consensus view would have been as acquiescent as always. Now, if money gets spent on e freehold instead of going into the playing budget, there will be a lot more questions asked.

The Brent love-in is showing signs of coming to an end.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Thank You James Brent   Thank You James Brent EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 9:03 am

Yes thank you James Brent.

Thank you for yet another season languished in the basement of the football league. Thank you for leaving Adams with a thread bare squad. Thank you for still failing to build the grandstand. Thank you for everything.

Most importantly though, thank you for Wembley. Because "wemblee iz juz speshul innit".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank You James Brent   Thank You James Brent EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 9:08 am

On the plus side........Brent the opportunist would have certainly used the inevitable open bus ride outside the parlour to reference private ownership of the stadium to move Argyle forward. He probably will still, though, regardless of the Wembley crap.

Conversely................ there will sadly be young Argyle supporters growing up that will have never known Argyle as a Third Division club .  jocolor jocolor jocolor

daddy daddy, can you tell us that story again when we played Fleetwood up at their place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank You James Brent   Thank You James Brent EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 9:51 am

Homeslice wrote:

I don't expect you to see it this way, but that would be a good thing for those who   want the fanbase to ask questions of the owners and their Kapos. The playoff final may well prove to be a blessing in disguise for similar reasons - getting out from under Brent and his cronies will be a million times harder if the cracks can be successfully papered over with confetti.

I do completely. We are quite clearly not a good enough team for promotion and I would think any of the playoff teams bar Accrington perhaps would have struggled next year. I would have hated to have seen the budget for next season with everyone expecting a pay increase! lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Thank You James Brent   Thank You James Brent EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 11:10 am

Homeslice wrote:

Civil ceremony for these Windsor Boys ? photo 25 lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Thank You James Brent   Thank You James Brent EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 11:38 am

Tringreen wrote:
Homeslice wrote:

talk about noses in the trough..hmmm wonder who payed for them bastard suits there wearing aint they same the players were kitted out in as well
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Thank You James Brent   Thank You James Brent EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 11:46 am

Tringreen wrote:
Homeslice wrote:

Is he not capable of wearing glasses properly?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank You James Brent   Thank You James Brent EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 11:53 am

Tringreen wrote:
Homeslice wrote:

It's like evolution never happened
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Thank You James Brent   Thank You James Brent EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 11:59 am

Tringreen wrote:
Homeslice wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank You James Brent   Thank You James Brent EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 12:08 pm

Ian Newell. A man so sartorially challenged even his ties don't fit him.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Thank You James Brent   Thank You James Brent EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 5:49 pm

Gawd Bless the Posh Squire!! uz Aviva's prefers league 2 it bee miles better than the Championship geek [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank You James Brent   Thank You James Brent EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 3:21 pm

The first line of that post is where it goes wrong, "after Heaney nearly finished this club!" Must be a pork bearing animal, Heaney paid for Brent to carry out all the groundwork to the tune of £300k or there abouts, probably more money than our glorious leader has ever put in in hard cash. Wasn't it said at the time that Heaney was working for someobody else as he had very visible cash worries himself at the time. Luckily well never know who the person Heaney was fronting for thanks to the pigs of wor and I expect all they wanted to do was build a cinema in the park.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Thank You James Brent   Thank You James Brent EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 4:30 pm

Homeslice wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Homeslice wrote:

It's like evolution never happened

I prefer to know them as the keep argyle crap movement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank You James Brent   Thank You James Brent EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 5:02 pm

Dougie wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Homeslice wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

which corporate wannabe is wearing the flower on the wrongside?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank You James Brent   Thank You James Brent EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 8:32 pm

If there is one thing I despise it's a social climber, they always talk about their roots but try soooo hard to not to be like one of the boys yet they will never be the social equal to the bosses they strive to be either, sort of social limbo. What a wierd place to want to live.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Thank You James Brent   Thank You James Brent EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 10:37 pm

To think that I got banned for saying Nool is fat, I mean, I wasn't lying was I.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thank You James Brent   Thank You James Brent EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 11:29 pm

PatDunne wrote:
To think that I got banned for saying Nool is fat, I mean, I wasn't lying was I.

the picture in this thread would say you were on the money.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Thank You James Brent   Thank You James Brent EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 6:25 am

Seeing Newell with the bag if flowers......always the flower girl never the bride.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thank You James Brent   Thank You James Brent Empty

Back to top Go down

Thank You James Brent
Page 1 of 1