HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Introducing...Forever Green

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry

Introducing...Forever Green Empty
PostSubject: Introducing...Forever Green   Introducing...Forever Green EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 8:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

from the link wrote:
Introducing: Forever Green, a new venture which will celebrate the players who have pulled on the Argyle jersey throughout our club’s storied history.

There have been 1,179 players to represent Argyle, since our first ever professional game, on 1 September, 1903. Every single one of them is Forever Green.

Forever Green is a natural successor to Argyle Legends, which has been run by Paul Hart and others for many years. Paul will be a part of the Forever Green team, employed by the football club, as we build the biggest ever community for former Pilgrims.

"I am honoured to have been invited to be part of this exciting new venture," said Paul. "Forever Green will ensure the wellbeing of all former players for many years to come.

"I am delighted to be playing a part in ensuring the history of our great football club will be available for future generations of fans to read about."

Every player to play for us has been assigned a Forever Green number and will receive a presentation gift set decorated with their unique number.

Each year, a series of events will take place, taking the form of friendly matches, entertainment evenings, fun days, competitions and more. These will celebrate the achievements and contributions of all of our ex-players, and will also generate funds to assist with the running of Forever Green.

The intention is to maintain a fund which will be available to assist with the pastoral care of all Forever Green members. We want to make sure that everyone who has worn the green and white have access to care, training and support should they need it. We intend to help out in any way we are able.

As mentioned, every former player immediately becomes a Forever Green Member. Some, via the poll below, will become our first class of Forever Green Icons.

A team from Forever Green, chaired by first-team coach Kevin Nancekivell, have curated a number of shortlists of players from different eras. We would like supporters to nominate their first, second, third and fourth choice in order of preference, in each.

The winners of the polls will be announced on Saturday, 20 January, at Home Park. This is the day that Argyle host Cardiff City in the Sky Bet Championship, and will serve as the official launch date of Forever Green.

The first class of poll-winners will be formally given their Icon status at a Forever Green event later in the year.

You can participate in the vote at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] The nominees are below. Voting closes at midday on Monday, 8 January.

FOREVER GREEN ICONS NOMINEES

Group A
Sammy Black
Jack Chisholm
Bob Jack
Jack Leslie

Group B
Mike Bickle
Wilf Carter
Steve Davey
John Hore

Group C
Mickey Evans
Kevin Hodges
Paul Mariner
Tommy Tynan

Group D
David Friio
Romain Larrieu
Ronnie Mauge
Paul Wotton

Group E
Paul Connolly
Carl Fletcher
David Fox
Gary Sawyer

Nancekivell – who is player number 815 on the Forever Green list – said: “I’m honoured to play a part in the launch of Forever Green. Our club is a very special one, and ventures like these underline the feeling of family that we have at Argyle.

“So many players who have pulled on the green-and-white shirt retain their fondness for our club. Forever Green will be an excellent way for them to stay in touch, and vice versa.

“I’m really pleased that Paul Hart will be part of the new venture. Like all of us, Paul loves Argyle, and has dedicated much time and effort into keeping in touch with lots of former players. His work with Argyle Legends will be highly valued in Forever Green.”

Group A we all know who will win that even though the other 3 deserve recognition as much as Jack does.  Group E WTF is Carl Fletcher doing there that guy deserves nothing from this club after two relegations as a player and almost taking us out of the football league twice with one of the worst squads and playing the worse football in our entire history and thats not just down to the budget and the reluctant one he was just as responsible for doing a che Guevara and over throwing the manager to takeover and bombed. He wasnt that good for us as a player either and the fact he stuck his thumbs up at the staplewallets after there poor judged celebration against their own team due to our player their son in law scoring against us doesnt make him a legend in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Introducing...Forever Green   Introducing...Forever Green EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 12:07 am

Fletcher can go and feck him self for all the reasons above!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Introducing...Forever Green   Introducing...Forever Green EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 9:35 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Fletcher can go and feck him self for all the reasons above!
yeah absolutely I agree with you there mouldy fletcher can go F#%K himself for the above
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Introducing...Forever Green   Introducing...Forever Green EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 1:54 pm

Best thing Argyle did was sack him then make him do an after match interview.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Introducing...Forever Green   Introducing...Forever Green EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 6:33 pm

so the winners where announced today to no fanfare or pre warning as i only got wind as to what the video they where playing almost died a slow death as it was all done during halftime and no one really cares what the MC is spouting during that time they should have done this before kick off.

Winners where.

group a Jack Leslie

group b Mike Bickle

group c Tommy Tynan

group d David Friio (represented by Larrieu who was also in the running for this)

group e Gary Sawyer

im sure those who didnt win in their groups will be winning there spot in there special yearly class at somepoints in future (hopefully never fletcher)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introducing...Forever Green   Introducing...Forever Green Empty

Back to top Go down

Introducing...Forever Green
Page 1 of 1