Flat_Track_Bully
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Quiet January Empty
PostSubject: Quiet January   Quiet January EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 9:18 am

Expectations being managed here...

"Plymouth Argyle fans should not expect much business in the January transfer window says boss Steven Schumacher."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Angry

Angry

Quiet January Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet January   Quiet January EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 9:49 am

He's either bluffing or he's been told he's not getting much in terms of funds and if its the latter then the board have questions to answer more so if that costs a championship spot.

we need a striker, a defender and a midfielder minimum also taking into account replacing those who move on which i feel one or two will do. Yes we don't need to go mad with signings next month but we certainly need to do business more so when the teams around us will be doing buisness. We do have a loan spot open aswell on top.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Quiet January Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet January   Quiet January EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 9:55 am

No-one was expecting much but I expect there to be some business FFS. We need a striker. We're in a relegation scrap! I bet Sheff Wed now they've had the embargo lifted and QPR will be spending big. A cynic might think this is Hallett trying to reduce ticket sales so he's under no pressure to expand the stadium -not that he would ever increase capacity.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Quiet January Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet January   Quiet January EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 10:41 am

There gotta be bluffing if they think they can stay in this league without without reinforcements come Jan window there mentel we can all see that we need a couple players in ffs
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Quiet January Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet January   Quiet January EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 11:11 am

Get the feeling the only players coming in will be loanees unless someone gets sold. We have 1 loan spot left I think, plus we could always send Warrington back to free up another spot - he's not playing much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Angry

Angry

Quiet January Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet January   Quiet January EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 11:19 am

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
Get the feeling the only players coming in will be loanees unless someone gets sold. We have 1 loan spot left I think, plus we could always send Warrington back to free up another spot - he's not playing much.

Warrington hasnt made an impact here which given he's hardly played for long in games its hard to do that so i do see schuey trying to end that deal if he can find another midfielder first. if we bring in a defender on loan great but as for a striker i feel thats the one that the board will need to back with funds especially to get the striker we need as the strikers worth their salt who can produce in this league wont be available on loan and the ones who are will be in very high demand.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Quiet January Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet January   Quiet January EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 4:25 pm

Yet currently 4 down and being embarrassed by a Leicester team that are nothing special, you save your money for the 'womens' team and other 'community' nonsense down at the brickfields mr chairman. I've said it on numerous occasions, our home form will NOT be enough to keep us up, sort out the away form Shoe E ffs.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Quiet January Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet January   Quiet January EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 4:57 pm

schuey seriously needs to wake up and understand that this style and formation does not work away from home and change it up now as les said we cant rely on our home form alone to stay up we got to start get points away from home.

When we are trying to play the way we do at home we get exposed and outclassed. We are better off adopting a more savvy style of play and a formation that make us hard to beat if it means being defensive so be it.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Quiet January Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet January   Quiet January EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 5:05 pm

Sheff Wed and QPR both beginning to pick up good wins. Who's joining Argo and Rotherham in L1?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Quiet January Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet January   Quiet January EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 5:11 pm

I know Leicester are good team, buy to my mind Shoe-e went way over the top in his praise of them before the game.

It just gave every Argyle player a ready made excuse for an unacceptable performance today.

"They're a good team, we will have to play well to get a result" is the most a Manager should ever say about the opposition.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Quiet January Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet January   Quiet January EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 5:29 pm

Resurgent QPR will hammer us on Wednesday
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Quiet January Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet January   Quiet January EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 5:30 pm

what was his thinking behind that team selection today has he explained it yet?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Quiet January Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet January   Quiet January EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 12:15 am

They can soon find 11 million for the brickfields project
But they can’t find couple of hundred grand for players to keep us in this league don’t make sense sort out the team first then all that other stuff follows when you have decent & successful team on the pitch
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Quiet January Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet January   Quiet January EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 12:27 am

Angry wrote:
gawd knows what he was thinking 6 changes plus playing certain players not in there proper positions…that alone shows how sort we are on bodies ffs
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Quiet January Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet January   Quiet January EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 11:27 am

RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
gawd knows what he was thinking 6 changes plus playing certain players not in there proper positions…that alone shows how sort we are on bodies ffs

You see this all the time with Managers playing people out of position or lots of changes. Usually it means he is trying hard to fail/ piss off fans/ get the sack. Maybe he has another job lined up.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Quiet January Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet January   Quiet January Empty

Back to top Go down

Quiet January
Page 1 of 1