The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share
 

 THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
pepsipete

pepsipete

Posts : 14772
Join date : 2011-05-11
Age : 80
Location : Ivybridge

THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! Empty
PostSubject: THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE!   THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 9:26 am

Remarkably quiet on the farm lately, IJN has little to say, and former top poster Barbracuddadadda seem to have disappeared.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE!   THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 12:10 pm

IJN, like all good little managers, has to manage the situation and has promised to 'deliver' a quietened Farm in the interests of gawd knows what ? .. himself, I would imagine. He even asked me to lay off my postings as we were liable to be singing from the same hymnbook soon .... and he thought I'd fall for that old trick after the way he's treated me for years Laughing

And as for Barracuda, he's back on the modding team and has been for some time. They all seem to think it's bad form to post so profusely after being asked upstairs to the big boys dorm. Obviously these folk seem to think the occasional grunt or three words implies wisdom and status... quite funny really. Mind you, poor old Roger's derranged support for all things property !property ! property ! in the park has left him with little to say.

Oh ! it's all gone quiet over there !
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

Posts : 14772
Join date : 2011-05-11
Age : 80
Location : Ivybridge

THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE!   THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 12:16 pm

Think a lot of it has to do with yourself and Posty coming over here. The pair of you have definately contributed to this site.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE!   THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 12:28 pm

Thanks Pepsi.

The posters on this website are more to my way of thinking. Why shouldn't issues at the club and the admin process be questioned? We should learn some lessons from the past and continue to ask questions of whoever the new owner is.
Many posters on this website were right about a lot of things.

After a poor start and backing the wrong man in James Brent the Trust, under Chris Webb, have finally started to move into action and it's clear that Chris is not in cahoots with anyone at the club.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Posts : 10810
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 69
Location : Larnaca, Cyprus

THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE!   THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 12:38 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
IJN, like all good little managers, has to manage the situation and has promised to 'deliver' a quietened Farm in the interests of gawd knows what ? .. himself, I would imagine. He even asked me to lay off my postings as we were liable to be singing from the same hymnbook soon .... and he thought I'd fall for that old trick after the way he's treated me for years Laughing

And as for Barracuda, he's back on the modding team and has been for some time. They all seem to think it's bad form to post so profusely after being asked upstairs to the big boys dorm. Obviously these folk seem to think the occasional grunt or three words implies wisdom and status... quite funny really. Mind you, poor old Roger's derranged support for all things property !property ! property ! in the park has left him with little to say.

Oh ! it's all gone quiet over there !

'The occasional grunt or three words implies wisdom and status'............... that will have gone straight over Ponty's head lol!

Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

Frank Bullitt

Posts : 6358
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Right in front of you....

THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE!   THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 5:16 pm

It may just be that it is the close season and there is nothing to talk about.

But it is also interesting that there is a bit of support for Buttivant now. Only a few weeks ago he was the devil.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE!   THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 6:39 pm

The thing that’s head doing about pasoti, and without dragging our online cynicisms to the forefront, is that it’s impossible to question anything that doesn’t “go with the flow” without the person that asked the question being hounded by the pack mentality of those that oppose the questioners view. If the questioner then continues to ask questions he is picked on until he retaliates and is then banned, slurred or given a status such as the COTW. It’s an insane situation that has ruined a good site and played its part in our clubs position today.

I’m not sure I want Buttivant, but I’m also not sure if I want Brent or the Irish or anyone else that puts their head above the parapet. But I do want them all to have a fair and equal say and chance. What pisses me off is when one of these potential owners is pissed on simply because someone in the “in the know” gang has taken a shine to a potential bidder just because he was the first one to buy him a G & T in the business lounge or had a wink from Ridsdale whilst lapping up his bullshit in a star struck vomit inducing frenzy.

I remember one poster (guess who!) telling Buttivant to “f u ck off”. Why FFS? I mean WHY?

It never has been and never will be about the bull shit you hear from these potential owners/chairman, so fans can attend as many meetings as they want and listen to as much bull shit as they want, it will never make an ounce of difference. What makes the differences are the actions, not the bull shit!

Our little mob, no matter what site we are using are outspoken and to the point. I don’t always agree and I find it bloody frustrating at times, but I know the mob that I want to socialise with when it comes to my Argyle interest and I know whose judgement I would want to take on board.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE!   THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 8:13 pm

GOB wrote:


I remember one poster (guess who!) telling Buttivant to “f u ck off”. Why FFS? I mean WHY?


Would that be the Rapson bloke? His lack of intelligence is startling.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 5490
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE!   THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 8:42 pm

PL2 3DQ wrote:
GOB wrote:


I remember one poster (guess who!) telling Buttivant to “f u ck off”. Why FFS? I mean WHY?


Would that be the Rapson bloke? His lack of intelligence is startling.

I wouldn't be surprised, but I'm betting on the "mental midget".
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE!   THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 9:02 pm

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE!   THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 9:18 pm

Bingo !
LOL Gob, you've got search algorithms Google would die for.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE!   THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 9:21 pm

naaa, i have a dossier! lol!
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

Posts : 422
Join date : 2011-06-05

THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE!   THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:18 pm

Rapson is my new favourite on Pasoti, his absolute belief that what he has to say is in some way insightful and important is amazing. He obviously sees himself as one of the Pasoti hierarchy and anyone who happens to disagree with him is met with abuse. On the latest thread about Buttivant he uses a very cleaver play on Buttivant's name. Definately someone with small man syndrome.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE!   THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:46 pm

Pete1886 wrote:
Rapson is my new favourite on Pasoti, his absolute belief that what he has to say is in some way insightful and important is amazing. He obviously sees himself as one of the Pasoti hierarchy and anyone who happens to disagree with him is met with abuse. On the latest thread about Buttivant he uses a very cleaver play on Buttivant's name. Definately someone with small man syndrome.

Ha, it's not only me who's noticed it then. Laughing

His signature has a stench of self-importance - "Unless stated otherwise all my posts reflect my own opinion and not that of the Green Taverners"

You'd think he was 8 years old. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

Posts : 422
Join date : 2011-06-05

THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE!   THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:02 am

I was gonna mention that but was afraid he might organise a march against me.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 5490
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE!   THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 3:15 am

Ahem... June 1st...

Rickler wrote:
I also notice that a certain mrrapson seems more 'confident' these days taking to task anyone who doesn't seem to want to tow the Pasoti and GT 'party doctrine'. Something tells me he is a Taverner... How long before he is a Pasoti mod - if he's not already?

Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

Posts : 422
Join date : 2011-06-05

THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE!   THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 7:38 am

Fair play and good shout.

As I didn't join until about 5 days after that, obviously all opinions and posts before that date wil be classed as null and void. lol!
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

Frank Bullitt

Posts : 6358
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Right in front of you....

THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE!   THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 8:23 am

I find it interesting that a lot of the posters worth listening to (for whatever reason), no longer post on Pasoti. Is this because we are all jaded with Argyle or is it because it has become an online social club? Pasoti always used to be about exiles having a forum to talk about the club. Of course locals were welcome (I was one myself for 10 years), but it was about people wanting to talk about Argyle online. But over the last few years it has become a social club for a clique of "mates" who don't appear to be the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Pasoti has had many debates over the years about seeking to become an official supporters club. It has always be rubbished as an idea because it should be a forum for discussion, not a group of people seeking to provide a united front in support of their club. And there are plenty of established supporters clubs you could join anyway. But how long will it be before Pasoti does become an official supporters club with IJN as the leader? I don't think it will be too much longer. The online Q&A's with Todd/Campbell/Ridsdale are fair enough and a good idea. But now they are having face to face meetings at HP with Ridders. WTF? Plymouth Argyle Supporters ON THE INTERNET.

Then of course they have a poll (only for those who attended) whether they thought Ridsdale was a good guy or not. Anyone who did not go and had a differing opinion is shot down in flames for not "being a proper fan" by not attending. No one had the wit to realise that PR is a magician in person and would convince even the most cynical that everything is going to be ok. Meanwhile, the staff outside have to walk home because they cannot afford the petrol to drive to work everyday. But hey, if you point that out then "YOU ARE NOT A PROPER FAN".

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE!   THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 8:25 am

I love Rapson's 'Charity begins at Home Park' signature. Watch out if you have the timerity to question that one and not bow to the Taverner affiliate salesmen.
Having spotted a ne'er do well, this protege of the Farm's original deep thinking Mr Angry, Andy S' decided to step up his abuse of me after apparently I 'blew him out'. Obviously finds rejection a problem. Laughing

Anybody know of a welcoming battered posters' refuge. cat
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

Posts : 422
Join date : 2011-06-05

THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE!   THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 8:49 am

One of the reasons that I have never joined or posted on PASOTI is the whole "I'm right and you're wrong because obviously I'm a better fan" game they like to play. Why the club has allowed them to get their foot in the door is beyond me, sometimes I think that the clique firmly believe that one day they will take their rightful place in the boardroom.

The PASOTI agreement is an interesting thing, the mods regularly break this with personal abuse to numerous posters or with curt or downright rude replies to queries. On a board that claims to be all about opinions, it is strange that anything which deviates from the party line is immediately shot downwith the aforementioned abuse. PASOTI is declining because debate and discussion have been effectively banned because of this.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE!   THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 8:58 am

I needed to look at the Pasoti agreement this week after Graham Clark posted in public some information I sent to him by Private Message (I've learned my lesson with him - a user and networker) and there's nothing in that agreement about posting PM's.
I'm sure there was because I did have a hand in writing some of it a long time ago when I was a Mod.
Having looked at the agreement again it does need to be updated.

I should add that Rapson recently insulted Smiffy/X Isle but got away with it.


Last edited by PL2 3DQ on Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

Frank Bullitt

Posts : 6358
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Right in front of you....

THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE!   THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 8:59 am

Pete1886 wrote:
One of the reasons that I have never joined or posted on PASOTI is the whole "I'm right and you're wrong because obviously I'm a better fan" game they like to play. Why the club has allowed them to get their foot in the door is beyond me, sometimes I think that the clique firmly believe that one day they will take their rightful place in the boardroom.

The PASOTI agreement is an interesting thing, the mods regularly break this with personal abuse to numerous posters or with curt or downright rude replies to queries. On a board that claims to be all about opinions, it is strange that anything which deviates from the party line is immediately shot downwith the aforementioned abuse. PASOTI is declining because debate and discussion have been effectively banned because of this.

That is the crux of the matter.

IF the new owners offer the Trust a place on the board there will be a lot of Pasoti noses out of joint. I also think that is why there is a lot of cosying up to the GT's. There are some big hitters in there and there are some that hope they get involved with the club on a more official footing. Everyone wants to be the next Bathing Ape.

Of course they ignore the fact that one of the GT's was the despicable Cockney Green.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali



Posts : 6931
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 42
Location : Plymouth

THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE!   THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 9:26 am

I think Rapson is a self important, odious turd (almost reaching Daz's levels). If you read the Trust board he demands information from other people (twice recently) and even when the 'mates club' have questioned why he needs to know he gives a reply that it is important for him to know (I see the threads with the arguments between the GT's and Plymouth branch have been deleted). Rapson is allowed to tell posters to 'Shut Up' and generally act like a cock.

I also noticed his need to answer everyone of the pirates' posts- probably to try and make himself a hero amongst the Aviva boys.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE!   THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:20 pm

PL2 3DQ wrote:
After a poor start and backing the wrong man in James Brent the Trust, under Chris Webb, have finally started to move into action and it's clear that Chris is not in cahoots with anyone at the club.

I have been impressed with Chris Webb's start, but it's early days. Someone like me should be a natural bedfellow of a democratic supporters' trust, but I also thought Graham and others were far too close to Ridsdale ...I still haven't joined the Trust because of that.
For me, there are too reasons only for a Supporters' Trust seperate from Fans' clubs etc. ..... to be ready to own and run the club should it be affordable, or to be outside putting credible pressure on the owners.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 5490
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE!   THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 5:56 pm

PL2 3DQ wrote:
I needed to look at the Pasoti agreement this week after Graham Clark posted in public some information I sent to him by Private Message (I've learned my lesson with him - a user and networker) and there's nothing in that agreement about posting PM's.
I'm sure there was because I did have a hand in writing some of it a long time ago when I was a Mod.
Having looked at the agreement again it does need to be updated.

I should add that Rapson recently insulted Smiffy/X Isle but got away with it.

I saw what Graham wrote - but couldn't find it later... Did it get deleted?

To be fair... You can't have a ban on PM's! In effect... someone could stop you 'publishing' something, just by sending you the info and then claiming it is in confidence - the reverse of what happened to Posty...

What if someone threatens you by PM, are you saying you shouldn't be allowed to disclose it?

Personally... I shall be writing to whoever becomes Chairman at Argle and giving him my thoughts on Pasoti and several of its leading figures.

Which reminds me... Quite often I see the name 'Keith Bulley' listed as one of those who is often invited to attend these little soirees with the Argyle Brass. Who is he and why is he there?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE!   THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE! Empty

Back to top Go down
 
THEY'VE ALL GONE QUIET OVER THERE!
Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Home Park :: Zoo Corner-
Jump to: