Angry
Les Miserable
Greenskin
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Grovehill

Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 2:48 pm

More than one bookie now has Schu as odds-on for the Stoke job.

Quite a surprise as I thought they would go for a "name"

Be sad to see him go but I do believe there are several managers about who could get more out of the current Argyle squad.

I'd be surprised if Hallett and Co. don't already have a replacement lined up as they did when Lowe departed.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 3:36 pm

Grovehill wrote:
More than one bookie now has Schu as odds-on for the Stoke job.

Quite a surprise as I thought they would go for a "name"

Be sad to see him go but I do believe there are several managers about who could get more out of the current Argyle squad.

I'd be surprised if Hallett and Co. don't already have a replacement lined up as they did when Lowe departed.

The ‘good’ thing, (if you can call it that) about having your manager constantly linked with other jobs, is that Dewsnip and the Board are having ample time to do their reconnaissance missions and lining up who they would consider as a good replacement. The way we look at things regarding player data, would no doubt play a part. I’d like to think we are scouring the European markets as well as domestically.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 3:37 pm

If SS has gone/is about to leave, then who next for the managerial hot seat?

I'd go for Pearson, knows the Division and how to get out of it --the right way.

Internal appointment? Chris Morris

But I think we should also see if Harry Kane wants a player-manager job.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 3:40 pm

Yes, given the amount of sources saying Stoke and Argo/Schumacher have had talks and he is due to be installed as Stoke manager I think it's safe to assume he's now gone.  Hallett needs to act fast to bring someone in who can work with the players we have and who is prepared to go into January with all strikers out injured and no transfer budget.  Good luck Hallett!

Last edited by Freathy on Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 3:41 pm

Just hope our US based Owner go for Jesse Marsch
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 3:47 pm

Colin is a regular at Home Park so I can see him being asked to fill the post as an interim appointment.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 3:54 pm

I bet that within an hour of Schue's departure being confirmed, some idiot will propose one of:
Wotton
Coughlan
Lowe
Adams
Warnock
Kevin Hodges
Joey Barton
Danny Mayor
Johnson (father)
Johnson (son)
Frank Lampard
Stevie Gerrard
David Frio
Micky Evans
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 3:59 pm

Freathy wrote:
Colin is a regular at Home Park so I can see him being asked to fill the post as an interim appointment.

Laughing Laughing Laughing every single time the job comes up his name gets brought up as a temp option. He hasnt shined in the last few temp jobs he needs to be left to enjoy retirement.

i also wish to state a big fat NO to Paul Sturrock for a 3rd run and Gary Johnson before they get mentioned too as they always do.

There are some good managers out there looking for work Nathan Jones, Tony Mowbray, Nigel Pearson etc to name a few and some clubs with decent managers we could approach like the Pompey boss John Mousinho. However, as stated before Hallett and the board need to act fast and cut no corners also finding the right guy and back him.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:15 pm

John Eustice for me but might be a bit to ambitious for property not players Si the American investment company guy !
Plus hope warnock comes nowhere near the gaff be jizzer feckin heaven fook that nonsense
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:33 pm

[quote="Angry"]
Freathy wrote:
we could approach like the Pompey boss John Mousinho.

Not a snowball's chance in hell he would leave Pompey for Argo. Pompey will be in the Championship next season for sure plus he probably has a bigger salary and a bigger xfer budget than Argo while still in L1.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 5:07 pm

With the results PNE have been getting, Stoke might end up with Steve S as Manager and Lowe as first team coach!
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 5:16 pm

RegGreen wrote:
John Eustice for me but might be a bit to ambitious for property not players Si the American investment company guy !
Plus hope warnock comes nowhere near the gaff  be jizzer feckin heaven fook that nonsense

he would be someone i hope the club go for he did an outstanding job under difficult circumstances with birmingham and was rather unjustly fired for rooney who has done next to jack all since.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 5:42 pm

the local rag confirmed that schuey has indeed been talking to Stoke.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 5:43 pm

I'd be happy with Eustace. Birmingham were in 6th Place when Eustace was replaced by Rooney. Hallett is the big problem why we couldn't attract a manager with any sort of real Championship success track record.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 5:59 pm

Freathy wrote:
I'd be happy with Eustace. Birmingham were in 6th Place when Eustace was replaced by Rooney. Hallett is the big problem why we couldn't attract a manager with any sort of real Championship success track record.  

well there is one thing he cant do again and thats appoint schuey's assistnat as manager and hope it works. Lightning wont strike twice on that front and this time he and the board will have to look and realise no one cares about a state of the art astro pitch for the womens team and the millions its costing when it comes to the first team and their fortunes and fund that more.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 6:13 pm

Well Hallett had better pull his finger out because all the indications are that Schumacher has been appointed Stoke manager and will be announced by tomorrow morning.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 6:17 pm

Freathy wrote:
Well Hallett had better pull his finger out because all the indications are that Schumacher has been appointed Stoke manager and will be announced by tomorrow morning.

he best get on the first flight back to blightly after christmas cause this appointment wont wait till march/april time nor can you really get a feel for a new manager over teams.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 7:39 pm

Although I had a lot of time for Schoe-e, we should bear in mind:

We have had some terrible results this season-several games lost after taking the lead.

Bristol City

Players not used in their best position, eg MW out wide where he sees less of the ball and fails to cover his full back, Scarr in a back 4.

SS has, at times, seemed to be determined to play a certain way- back 4, inverted fullbacks-when it clearly doesn't  suit the players.

I'm hoping a new manager (possibly with more experience) with a fresh set of eyes and a more pragmatic attitude gets the best out of the players available.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 7:46 pm

I wish schumacher has as much success at Stoke as Holloway had at Leicester
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 8:02 pm

Freathy wrote:
I wish schumacher has as much success at Stoke as Holloway had at Leicester

cheers Different type of challenge for Schumacher for sure. Stoke will expect rapid progress and if it doesn't happen then he'll go the way of Neil, O'Neill and the rest of them who've tried and failed there.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 9:29 pm

Disappointed with Schuey over this. If the rumours are to be believed he's fallen out with the board over the budget and threatened to leave, to which the board, quite rightly, said fine, off you go.

He knew the budget at the start, every manager at every club wants more, but in our position, he has to work with what he's got.

The fact that it's Stoke, a middling Championship club, below us in the table, with a Chairman not known for splashing the cash, speaks volumes. He could have done much better than that, but it seems he's got his arse in his hand and he's off.

No blame attached to Hallett or the board, a manager can't be allowed to hold a club to ransom for the sake of a few extra quid in the budget.
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 9:34 pm

Well feck my arse I never thought he'd leave for a club like Stoke fekkin City.

Gobsmacked, i thought he was genuine. Granted he was always going in the future to a bigger, better, brighter club but that was a few years away. But now, and Stoke feckin City?

Rats bollocks.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 12:13 pm

This does feel similar to the Holloway departure. Manager seemingly falling out with the Board over player budget and suddenly leaving for a wealthier, bigger club in the same division but below Argo. If that is the case with Schumacher then Hallett had better have a plan to bring in more investment for players and not just property. But will it end the same way for Schumacher as it did for Holloway? Holloway only lasted 6 months or so before being sacked by Leicester.
Back to top Go down
Jambo Pasty

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 2:37 pm

Still in a state of shock as is everyone - Stoke City ffs !!!
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2023 2:50 pm

Freathy wrote:
This does feel similar to the Holloway departure.  Manager seemingly falling out with the Board over player budget and suddenly leaving for a wealthier, bigger club in the same division but below Argo. If that is the case with Schumacher then Hallett had better have a plan to bring in more investment for players and not just property. But will it end the same way for Schumacher as it did for Holloway? Holloway only lasted 6 months or so before being sacked by Leicester.

I dont buy the falling out rumour myself. The board has broken the transfer record twice for him in the summer and allowed him to pretty much have whatever he wanted in terms of players coming in and staff oh and contract offers etc. The fact that its very clear we need a striker and a defender in January i believe he would have been able to do that along with another loan signing.

I think its more a case like many managers we have had over the years Sturrock, Pulis, Holloway, Sheridan and Adams in some cases and certainly Lowe use this club as a stepping stone to progress there careers or wait for the more plush jobs with the higher profile clubs and look to move on as soon as they can. Schumacher is no different and he clearly sees going to Stoke as the next level up on the career ladder and took the gamble leaving us.

i am confident whoever replaces schuey will be planning on doing the same if he does well and the cycle continues.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next