Les Miserable
Greenskin
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc Empty
PostSubject: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc EmptyTue Dec 05, 2023 3:31 pm

Managerial merry go round has gone mental today-Mogga, Duff and Heckinbottom all receiving the boot. Usual speculation to follow no doubt.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc EmptyTue Dec 05, 2023 4:12 pm

He'll be gone before the Chrimbo turkey, sad times.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc EmptyTue Dec 05, 2023 5:04 pm

sunderland i do see them being interested in Schuey and he in them whether they go for him remains to be seen but i think the only stumbling block for them to go after schuey would be his and whoever he wants to take with him's compensation fees.

i believe paul heckingbottom is the front runner for that job in anycase.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc EmptyTue Dec 05, 2023 6:04 pm

Sunderland think they are still a Premiership team.

They'll go for someone with experience and a "name"

Potter Lampard Dean Smith, someone like that, not a lower League manager with less than 2 years experience.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc EmptyTue Dec 05, 2023 7:37 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Sunderland think they are still a Premiership team.

They'll go for someone with experience and a "name"

Potter Lampard Dean Smith, someone like that, not a lower League manager with less than 2 years experience.

reading some reports they are planning an ambitious approach for ipswich boss and the guy at reims is also now in contention.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc EmptyTue Dec 05, 2023 8:29 pm

A usual whenever a Championship manager is sacked Schuey's name automatically appears among the bookies favourites to replace said manager. Sunderland fans would be horrified if a manager from a relegation side 7 places below them was appointed.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc EmptyWed Dec 06, 2023 11:40 am

Freathy wrote:
A usual whenever a Championship manager is sacked Schuey's name automatically appears among the bookies favourites to replace said manager.  Sunderland fans would be horrified if a manager from a relegation side 7 places below them was appointed.

I dont think they would in schuey's case, that job might be a tad too much for him in his young years being a manager despite the successes he's had and how he's coping at this level so far which their fans would appreciate especially how we play but on the flipside we have seen so manytimes when Young and up and coming managers having success at a club and they step up to a Bigger stage they dont get given time to make a mark and are cast aside quickly.

But again while he might be a fave its apparent they are going to go for the belgian-english guy managing in france atm Will Still (great name lol). Another young up and coming manager who is probably alot cheaper to prize away from his club compo wise than schuey and mckenna would be from theirs and he would be a bigger gamble to hire than schuey in the eyes of their fans seeing hes never managed at championship level.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 9:12 am

Following yesterdays result, coupled with Shueys first blatant “come and get me, I’m available, Sunderland” comments in the week, it is clear to me he will now jump at any perceived ‘step up’ that comes in the future.

Our Championship honeymoon is over, and it’s now a battle. Shuey will know that were he to relegate Argyle, his chances of a Sunderland-level job will diminish instantly, so his gushing about the flattery of being linked to Sunderland marks the turning point for me from the loyalty he’s shown in the past when he could have gone to Huddersfield or Swansea.

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 9:57 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Following yesterdays result, coupled with Shueys first blatant “come and get me, I’m available, Sunderland” comments in the week, it is clear to me he will now jump at any perceived ‘step up’ that comes in the future.

Our Championship honeymoon is over, and it’s now a battle. Shuey will know that were he to relegate Argyle, his chances of a Sunderland-level job will diminish instantly, so his gushing about the flattery of being linked to Sunderland marks the turning point for me from the loyalty he’s shown in the past when he could have gone to Huddersfield or Swansea.

if he wants out then fair enough do it the right way and go to a club like Sunderland if that's what he wants we will be compensated and after all only the fans are here for life not staff and players.
Just aslong as the argyle board start the process of bringing in the right man to replace him and not just give the job to mark Hughes like they did with schuey when lowe left as that's not always going to pay off.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 11:29 am

I can see him leaving.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 12:53 pm

Last season was a long time ago and his stock is now diminishing so I agree it does look like he is interested in the Sunderland job or indeed any other job just to leave the sinking ship.  But will Sunderland be interested in him?  After yesterday I'm not so sure.

Edited to add Schuey's comments about not being able to make any January signings also sounds like a blatant come and get me. Argo going into the business end of the season deep in a relegation scrap will reduce his stock even more. Simon 'property not players' Hallett will be largely to blame for that.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 1:05 pm

I have to agree with you there Freathy.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 5:18 pm

may aswell add stoke to the list aswell as they have just sacked their manager
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 5:22 pm

I don't think he's going anywhere yet
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc EmptyFri Dec 15, 2023 3:01 pm

we can remove Sunderland from the jobs schuey is deffinately getting as they went left field and hired michael beale the ex QPR and Rangers boss.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc EmptyFri Dec 15, 2023 8:23 pm

SS hasn’t proved himself yet
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc EmptySun Dec 17, 2023 9:50 am

Schuey to Stoke City now. Quite a strong sounding rumour this one. He could be off. He obviously can't take Argo any further with Simon 'Property not Players' Hallett but he'll have a budget he could never have dreamt of at Stoke. First on his shopping list in January will be Morgs.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc EmptySun Dec 17, 2023 1:50 pm

Can't see anyone taking a risk with him atm-barely 2 years as Manager and has been slow to get the team to adapt to the Championship.

Also why would he leave? He's well thought of at Home Park and very unlikely to lose his job even if we get relegated.

He just needs to look at Lowe who is perhaps only a couple of bad results away from getting the sack to appreciate when he's well off.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc EmptySun Dec 17, 2023 2:39 pm

Freathy wrote:
Schuey to Stoke City now.  Quite a strong sounding rumour this one. He could be off.   He obviously can't take Argo any further with Simon 'Property not Players' Hallett but he'll have a budget he could never have dreamt of at Stoke.  First on his shopping list in January will be Morgs.

i cant see stoke interesting schuey to be honest. The dont suit his style of football, they arent a club that is interested in developing young talent and the sort of manager that finds Stoke appealing is a Tony Pulis and that says it all.
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 8:25 am

Why would he go to another relegation threatened club? Go down with us and his job is safe. If he goes to Stoke and they go down that's a sacking.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 8:53 am

Shuey now odds-on at 1/2. In from 2/1 last night.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 9:27 am

Don't go much by betting odds but I do think Schuey is interested in the job and will take it if offered. Stoke are a far better proposition for a up and coming young manager than very limited Argo. He'll be thinking if he can achieve what he has with Argo with no budget imagine what he can do with proper Championship resources at his disposal. All this "I'm going nowhere" stuff he comes out with is total nonsense. We need to slap a £30 million price tag on Whittaker.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 9:54 am

Freathy wrote:
We need to slap a £30 million price tag on Whittaker.  

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 1:54 pm

Sounds like he's gone.

Merry xmas everyone
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 2:43 pm

Well i thought the rumour was BS when i saw it posted somewhere as only one source was stating that stoke approached us to speak to Schuey but more and more are starting to say the samething now so this may have legs.

It would be a real shame if he decides to go to Stoke crazy one at that as they are not a well run club at all if they appeal more than staying here if he wants that but no manager, player, director, chairman is 100% loyal and dedicated to a football club and will always come and go no matter what the only consistent that will always be there is the fans.
Hallet needs to fly back asap as if schuey does go we cant wait around to find his replacement especially with the transfer window opening in january.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc   Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc Empty

Back to top Go down

Schuey for Sunderland,Swansea,Sheffield etc etc
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next