Graiser
Angry
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry

hallet increases his stake Empty
PostSubject: hallet increases his stake   hallet increases his stake EmptyFri Jul 07, 2023 5:20 pm

Plymouth Argyle Chairman and majority shareholder Simon Hallett has agreed to purchase 3.3 million A Shares from outgoing investors in Argyle Green, LLC, raising his ownership stake in Plymouth Argyle to 87%.

Among the outgoing investors are Argyle Green managing members Michael and David Mincberg, the former of which will also withdraw from the Plymouth Argyle Board of Directors as part of the transaction. Nick Giannotti will remain as a director and become the sole managing member of Argyle Green.

Upon the announcement, Hallett commented: “I would like to thank Michael, David, and the other outgoing investors for their efforts and support of the club last season. The 2022/23 campaign was a tremendous success, and we look forward to building upon it as we turn our focus to achieving our objective of becoming a sustainable Sky Bet Championship club.”

Michael Mincberg added: “We would like to thank Simon Hallett, the club, and the entire Plymouth community for the warm welcome we experienced during our time as investors. The club’s success on and off the pitch is a direct result of Simon’s leadership, commitment, and vision – he is an excellent chairman and we enjoyed partnering with and learning from him. While we are moving on to other projects, we look forward to cheering on the club’s continued success from afar.”

As previously announced, the club is raising £11million by way of a rights issue. It will be taken up in the next eight months by the main shareholders, Simon Hallett and Argyle Green, in proportion to their existing holdings. The funds will be used for the Brickfields project that will provide a new permanent home for the Academy and our Women’s team.

Hallett continued: “I have spoken continually about our need to be a sustainable business doing things differently and our belief is that an £11million investment in Brickfields and the Academy is our best way of future proofing the football club.

“The region of Devon and Cornwall is so important to Argyle, where we have an array of talent for whom we can provide opportunities and a pathway to professional football. The investment in Brickfields is integral to producing the homegrown talents that we will see run out at Home Park for many a year to come.

“Your support of me, the board and the team on the pitch is unrivalled, and I look forward to seeing you all back at Home Park in August when we take the next step on our path to becoming a sustainable Championship club.”

on the os
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: hallet increases his stake   hallet increases his stake EmptyFri Jul 07, 2023 6:10 pm

Wonder what brought that about
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: hallet increases his stake   hallet increases his stake EmptyFri Jul 07, 2023 6:44 pm

The yanks are all bailing out
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: hallet increases his stake   hallet increases his stake EmptyFri Jul 07, 2023 7:01 pm

Freathy wrote:

3 of them i get as one is new a director at leeds and the brothers mentioned completed their purchase of the Israeli club but who are the others leaving i wonder!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jambo Pasty

PostSubject: Re: hallet increases his stake   hallet increases his stake EmptyFri Jul 07, 2023 7:19 pm

It doesn’t state the % of shareholding they have sold to Hallett but they’ve cashed in some. They’ll have a pretty decent return on investment for them. They still have a director involved to oversee their remaining interests in Argyle. They are investing more money into the Academy so they’re still hoping for some decent returns should Argyle maintain in the Championship.
Exciting news re the Academy & Brickfields development
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hallet increases his stake   hallet increases his stake EmptyFri Jul 07, 2023 10:09 pm

Do any of you dim janners, Know what the shift key does and punctuation?

feck sake what kind of dim cnut are you , feck me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hallet increases his stake   hallet increases his stake EmptyFri Jul 07, 2023 10:11 pm

Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:

3 of them i get as one is new a director at leeds and the brothers mentioned completed their purchase of the Israeli club but who are the others leaving i wonder!!!!

Are you retarded? 38 years old and you don't know how to spell, use capitals, or proper punctuation.

Stick to road sweeping you dim bastard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hallet increases his stake   hallet increases his stake EmptyFri Jul 07, 2023 10:12 pm

Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:

spastic cnut, learn to spell you feckin retard.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: hallet increases his stake   hallet increases his stake EmptyFri Jul 07, 2023 10:47 pm

KS6920 wrote:
Do any of you dim janners, Know what the shift key does and punctuation?

feck sake what kind of dim cnut are you , feck me.

Maybe the same school you went to, when you understand how to start a sentence, follow a comma and insert a comma then perhaps you can point out the lack of comprehension to some posters, until then just piss off.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: hallet increases his stake   hallet increases his stake EmptyFri Jul 07, 2023 11:55 pm

KS6920 wrote:
Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Are you retarded?  38 years old and you don't know how to spell, use capitals, or proper punctuation.

Stick to road sweeping you dim bastard.

Posters on here tend not to get marked on their punctuation or grammar, as long as they get their point across, then pretty much anything goes. We certainly don't insult them if their English doesn't meet certain standards.

If you can't accept that then perhaps this is not the forum for you.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: hallet increases his stake   hallet increases his stake EmptySat Jul 08, 2023 8:43 am

Guest wrote:
Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:

spastic cnut, learn to spell you feckin retard.
Reminds me of my old school report
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: hallet increases his stake   hallet increases his stake EmptySat Jul 08, 2023 8:52 am

Jambo Pasty wrote:
It doesn’t state the % of shareholding they have sold to Hallett but they’ve cashed in some. They’ll have a pretty decent return on investment for them. They still have a director involved to oversee their remaining interests in Argyle. They are investing more money into the Academy so they’re still hoping for some decent returns should Argyle maintain in the Championship.
Exciting news re the Academy & Brickfields development
It does appear to the outsider like the beginning of an exodus of investors
Back to top Go down
Jambo Pasty

PostSubject: Re: hallet increases his stake   hallet increases his stake EmptySat Jul 08, 2023 2:20 pm

I wouldn’t call it an exodus at all. Yes they have sold some of their shares. When they originally invested they would have agreed the principles/prices/trigger-points at which point they’d sell some of their shares to Hallett. They will have received a healthy profit for that element of their investment, which is only right. They still own a % of shares and will be investing more money for Brickfields so they intend to be around for some time at Argyle. It provides good medium term stability for the club and Hallett.

A question for all - was there any intention for the fans to invest in owning shares in the club?
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: hallet increases his stake   hallet increases his stake EmptySat Jul 08, 2023 2:31 pm

harve is back i see lol.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: hallet increases his stake   hallet increases his stake EmptySat Jul 08, 2023 3:45 pm

Jambo Pasty wrote:
I wouldn’t call it an exodus at all. Yes they have sold some of their shares. When they originally invested they would have agreed the principles/prices/trigger-points at which point they’d sell some of their shares to Hallett.  They will have received a healthy profit for that element of their investment, which is only right. They still own a % of shares and will be investing more money for Brickfields so they intend to be around for some time at Argyle. It provides good medium term stability for the club and Hallett.

A question for all - was there any intention for the fans to invest in owning shares in the club?
no not really but brent did try or wanted to sell argyle trust some shares for extortionate price with no voting rights on the board ..basically just handing over money for F#%k all never came to fruition in the end
Back to top Go down
Jambo Pasty

PostSubject: Re: hallet increases his stake   hallet increases his stake EmptySat Jul 08, 2023 5:14 pm

That’s a shame RegGreen that there was no sensible vehicle for the fans to regularly contribute to owning the club.
What happens when Hallett sells - new owner could be a nightmare and you’re back into trouble again? All the hard work undone.
After I bought tickets for the Wembley playoff final I got a call from the club asking if I’d like to setup a monthly DD for some initiative (I forget which Argyle initiative it was for now). But when I discussed things with the caller it was evident that I would have been part funding it and there would be no material financial benefits to fans - rather the owner who’d receive a larger offer when they sold it. We pay for it and they get the value of it.
When Hearts went into Admin there were core investors to buy the club from the bank, fund the initial operating costs and an agreed framework where the fans would contribute monthly and at certain stages the initial debt paid back to the owner & and the owner would issue the fans some shares. We now own roughly 80% of the shares, we delayed paying back the owner and invested in building a new Main Stand BUT the fans decided to continue the monthly payments - nearly 9k fans Pledge for Life meaning we now give the club £140k per month. Thankfully we are fan owned but not fan run - we have an independent management and 2 Foundation of Hearts members on the Board.
When we started we had roughly £7m revenues - last year would be approx £20m, 15000 season ticket holders with over 5000 on the ST waiting list, 18500 average attendance. We have made some chuff ups on the playing side over the last few seasons but we’ve bounced back again even more determined.
It’s something you guys should look into with Hallett.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: hallet increases his stake   hallet increases his stake EmptySat Jul 08, 2023 6:50 pm

Sounds a good set up.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: hallet increases his stake   hallet increases his stake EmptySat Jul 08, 2023 6:55 pm

KS various numbers has fooked off.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: hallet increases his stake   hallet increases his stake EmptySat Jul 08, 2023 8:18 pm

seadog wrote:

Good he’s a cretin
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: hallet increases his stake   hallet increases his stake EmptySat Jul 08, 2023 8:43 pm

Graiser wrote:
seadog wrote:

Good he’s a cretin

he's back already, cant keep him away Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: hallet increases his stake   hallet increases his stake EmptySat Jul 08, 2023 8:47 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
seadog wrote:

Good he’s a cretin

Not sure that “new” member is not a wind up, if it is real and it’s him then he’s some sad dude
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: hallet increases his stake   hallet increases his stake EmptySat Jul 08, 2023 8:53 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
seadog wrote:

Good he’s a cretin

Not sure that “new” member is not a wind up, if it is real and it’s him then he’s some sad dude

Perhaps i should retire the Angry name and let him have it he seems touched by something on here and his inability to write a sentence in english while complaining about others lol
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: hallet increases his stake   hallet increases his stake EmptySat Jul 08, 2023 9:07 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
seadog wrote:

Good he’s a cretin

Perhaps i should retire the Angry name and let him have it he seems touched by something on here and his inability to write a sentence in english while complaining about others lol

Yeh I think you should change it to “ Peace and Love man” d1
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: hallet increases his stake   hallet increases his stake EmptySun Jul 09, 2023 12:33 pm

Thirteen US investors departed Argo according the thread on Pasoti.  Clearly Argo not a viable option for investment with Hallett's long term 'sustainability' route.  Hallett I'm sure will be looking for other investors but will probably have problems attracting them for the same reason the others all bailed.  Definitely can see it affecting transfers this window.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: hallet increases his stake   hallet increases his stake EmptySun Jul 09, 2023 2:01 pm

Freathy wrote:
Thirteen US investors departed Argo according the thread on Pasoti.  Clearly Argo not a viable option for investment with Hallett's long term 'sustainability' route.  Hallett I'm sure will be looking for other investors but will probably have problems attracting them for the same reason the others all bailed.  Definitely can see it affecting transfers this window.

most investors dont tend to hang around in those sort of groups. They are seen as a quick return for your buck and usually replaced by others and so on and so forth. Sure there are ones who stay longer but before that angry pleb interrupted on a rant 3 of the known investors left cause they couldnt be involved anymore due to either being appointed a director of a club or now owning and operating their own club in another country.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hallet increases his stake   hallet increases his stake Empty

Back to top Go down

hallet increases his stake
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next