Go down 
+3
seadog
Rickler
Czarcasm
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread Empty
PostSubject: Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread   Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 12:39 am

Hoping this is the team

Cole

Berry, Purse, Blanchard, Williams

Young, Wotton, Walton, Hemmings

Fletcher, Macdonald

Their a very weak side at the moment and have players all over the place, mind you gillingham had 5 player out and they still beat us so we have to be careful.

Argyle 2 Bradford 1

COYG
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread   Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 6:34 am

Two things.

It's 'they're'.

Secondly, no Dick Blight??? WTF is going on? Serious lack of respect here.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread   Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 7:51 am

Czarcasm wrote:

... no Dick Blight??? WTF is going on? Serious lack of respect here.

MODS!!!

Jeez, Cobi!

If you can't say Dick? Say Rick Wink But always, always say Blight in the match title thread!

Thank God you are not on the farm - you'd be gone for another day or two!

Respect!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread   Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 8:11 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread   Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 8:45 am

Thread title amended as per forum rules. lol!

Cobi, if you don't want to go the same way you went on pasoti, please stick to the rules. Richard Blight HAS to be part of every matchday thread. End of. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread   Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 9:09 am

I'm going for The Nearly Men 1 Bradford Brawlers 1, a case of same old Argo, hope I'm wrong.
I will put this in the forecasting thread Pete.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread   Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 9:28 am

So having recruited several Bradford bulls players, city are ready to come out fighting, scrap for every ball and fight tooth and nail to get something from today's game.

No ex argyle players with a grudge is a big thumbs up for us. And with sprightly Steve Fletcher revitalized by his weekly sanatogen injection, it's looking good for a home win.

Steve's son Carl Fletcher has denied any nepotism, and says Paul McKenna was just swinging his watch in front of the team's eyes to remind them that the game starts at 3pm. Reports that Simon Walton has suddenly starting acting like a chicken are completely unfounded, and an unnamed club insider says he's always been a bit of a cock. Unfortunately were playing the bantams so keep your eyes peeled for Walton passes going astray, nothing new there then.

Halftime entertainment is provided by the brighouse and rastrick brass band with their rendition of the hovis advert music, to make our visitors feel at home, and the club shop are selling flat caps and braces for their day out.

The fanfest will be selling flat beer and tripe for any visitors venturing in, but they will have to shower first to avoid being called dirty northern bastards.

In honour of our visiting team, this thread should be renamed t'richard blight thread, and for any Bradford fans with a stammer, it will be t t t t t'richard blight match thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread   Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 10:02 am

Neatly done Jock.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread   Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 10:38 am

Sorry for the biggie Razz

Woke up feeling positive, COYG
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread   Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 11:56 am

May I say,in actual fact some parts of oop North are very nice. Lake District,Yorkshire Dales,Northumberland and Scotland.

The cities are generally dire in the extreme,very very grim. Not like dear old Jannerland.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread   Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 12:20 pm

Annoyingly, I'm unavoidably going to be in a place other than Home Park at 3pm this avo. Crying or Very sad

I will be relying on you good chaps (and chapess) to keep me informed of just how dire we are. Very Happy

Any techie Mod type (Nick?) know if it's possible to log in to 'chat' via Iphone? Not tried before...Ta in advance
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread   Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 12:36 pm

Seems we have a top class ref today - Mr. D'Urso!!

Merv Plummer

Last edited by pafcineurope on Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread   Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 12:44 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Annoyingly, I'm unavoidably going to be in a place other than Home Park at 3pm this avo. Crying or Very sad

I will be relying on you good chaps (and chapess) to keep me informed of just how dire we are. Very Happy

Any techie Mod type (Nick?) know if it's possible to log in to 'chat' via Iphone? Not tried before...Ta in advance

Chat can be used on the IPhone
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread   Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 12:46 pm

Pete1886 wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Chat can be used on the IPhone

Cheers Pete.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread   Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 5:06 pm

Brilliant result. Bloody nerve-wracking though. Why can't we score a second to give us breathing space once we've gone in front?

Long trek back for the foreigners, with their tails between their legs and dragged right into the dogfight by us. Apart from Daggers winning it was a pretty good set of results. I still think a win against Hereford would see us safe. Not mathematically but can't see us going down if we beat the Bulls.

Have only got Sparksy's commentary to go by but Macdonald sounded awesome, Cole made important saves again, and Tsoumou scored and was dangerous. Still want Fletcher out at the end of the season but I'm feeling pretty optimistic again now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread   Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 5:07 pm

Rode our luck a little due to Chadders missing a couple of sitters same for Sumo. End of the day a win is a win, first time we have won 2 back to back? First time we have won a 6 pointer at home this season, good day at the office. cheers
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread   Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 7:41 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Brilliant result. Bloody nerve-wracking though. Why can't we score a second to give us breathing space once we've gone in front?

Long trek back for the foreigners, with their tails between their legs and dragged right into the dogfight by us. Apart from Daggers winning it was a pretty good set of results. I still think a win against Hereford would see us safe. Not mathematically but can't see us going down if we beat the Bulls.

Have only got Sparksy's commentary to go by but Macdonald sounded awesome, Cole made important saves again, and Tsoumou scored and was dangerous. Still want Fletcher out at the end of the season but I'm feeling pretty optimistic again now.

MacDonald WAS awesome,best individual performance from an Argyle for quite some time IMHO,not just his attacking forays but also getting back to help out in defence .Cole made some cracking saves towards the end as Bradford pressed desperately for the draw,they had a goal disallowed,scrambles,you name it,it happened.Wotts had a thunderbolt brilliantly saved,one or two instances where Argyle's decision making let them down,real squeaky arse time but a great win and now a four point gap from the second bottom club.A couple of wins should do it but still work to do yet-golden opportunity now though.Thought the crowd were great again today,both in terms of numbers and vocal support.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread   Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 8:09 pm

Have to agree the crowd was quite impressive in number.

The virtually unanimous chant of 'sit down, shut up' after they 'scored' was quite uplifting. Consistent 'Green and white barmy army' rattled from the Demport right down the Lyndhurst on occasion too. Plus our flag was much better than their poor efforts.

Sorry, came over all Aviva for a moment.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread   Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 8:19 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Have to agree the crowd was quite impressive in number.

The virtually unanimous chant of 'sit down, shut up' after they 'scored' was quite uplifting. Consistent 'Green and white barmy army' rattled from the Demport right down the Lyndhurst on occasion too. Plus our flag was much better than their poor efforts.

Sorry, came over all Aviva for a moment.

You're just sooo ripe for grooming pig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread   Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 8:22 pm

Shhhhh!

I'm deep undercover. If Ricks or Tringy pick up on that it could set all the hard work back months! pig pig lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread   Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 9:05 pm

First thing wrong was that I had to endure a fecking flag passing over my head totally uninvited. Secondly the "top class ref" was crap as usual.

We rode our luck on numerous occasions and anyone who thinks this was a good performance is sadly barking and not just up the wrong tree. After taking the lead we were abject and should have burried this lot. 3 points is 3 points and not to be sniffed at in our position. 4 points clear of the relegation slots is about as good as it gets. Why oh why do Argyle make such hard work of things. Bradford were unlucky to lose today but thank christ they did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread   Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 9:08 pm

I think we used our get out of jaol free card today.Every point is a prisoner though and today we took three good ones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread   Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 9:32 pm

Nobody has mentioned the drum!!! lol!

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread   Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 9:43 pm

oddball wrote:
I think we used our get out of jaol free card today.Every point is a prisoner though and today we took three good ones.

From now on, its about getting the points, not playing the pretty stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread   Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 10:00 pm

Block4Green it is always about getting points wherever you are in the table but that does not detract from the fact that Argyle were a nervous wreck today and fortunate to end up with the 3 points. I may be a green through and through but it doesn't make my eyes and brain turn to jelly where I can't recognise poor performances when I see it. I'd take nervous wreck and 3 points till the end of the season although it would probably turn me into a nervous wreck by then. It doesn't make me like what I see albeit I will still go and put myself through the wringer every home match.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread   Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Richard Blight says: It's Grim Oop North. The Bradford Match thread
Page 1 of 1