Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Shoe E on budget Empty
PostSubject: Shoe E on budget   Shoe E on budget EmptyFri May 12, 2023 6:34 pm

FFS lol lol raised eyebrow

Steven Schumacher admits Conor Grant contract decision was especially tough
The talented 28-year-old has been released by Plymouth Argyle after injuries limited him to just three starts this season.

Grant has undoubted ability but the 28-year-old had a lot of injury issues this season, missing the start of the 2022/23 campaign and then having two other spells out of action later on.

That is what led to Schumacher reluctantly deciding to release Grant, who joined Argyle from Everton in the summer of 2018.

The Pilgrims' boss said: "This is actually the worst part of being a manager. You have got to make tough decisions. Nance (first team coach Kevin Nancekivell) said as well it's even harder when you are doing it with 16-year-olds.

"Neil (Dewsnip, Argyle's director of football) has had this through academy life all of his career, and this is my first time as a manager where I had really tough calls to make.

"It wasn't easy having them conversations, especially with Conor. That was a unique situation. We have become good friends over the years.

"Our families are close, but I just felt that my head had to sort of rule my heart on it. Conor has had a tough time over the last 12 months with injuries.

"We have to be really cautious about what we are spending our money on and where it's going next year because we know it's going to be the lowest budget in the Championship."

Grant made his 137th, and what has turned out to be his last, appearance for Argyle as a substitute in the title-clinching 3-1 win away to Port Vale on Sunday.

That was his first game since scoring one of the goals in a 2-0 victory at Accrington Stanley on March 21, after which he suffered his second thigh injury of the season the day before the Papa Johns Trophy final against Bolton Wanderers at Wembley.

Schumacher added: "I was sorry to let him go, but his talent is undoubted and I know he's fit, he proved he was fit when he came on against Port Vale. Whoever gets him next year will have a good player."

It was a similar scenario with defender James Bolton as to Grant which led to him being released by Schumacher too.

Bolton moved from Portsmouth to Argyle in the summer of 2021 but spent a lot of his time at Home Park on the injury list, which limited him to just 17 starts and five substitutes in two seasons.

Schumacher said: "I think James understood the decision (to release him). It has been frustrating for him and for me, and us as a club because whenever James has played he has been class.

"We just can't keep him on the pitch and he has got to get over them injury problems. When we are making them tough calls, having somebody who is going to be on good money for us next year in the Championship, we can't afford to waste it and have people who we can't guarantee are going to be available."

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Shoe E on budget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoe E on budget   Shoe E on budget EmptyFri May 12, 2023 6:51 pm

That should put a lot of people off getting/renewing season tickets.  Can't see Ennis signing as he can earn loads more elsewhere in the Championship.  And forget signing Whittaker and Azaz.   We've been relegated before a ball is kicked.  Hallett is really becoming a problem now.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Shoe E on budget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoe E on budget   Shoe E on budget EmptyFri May 12, 2023 7:32 pm

Freathy wrote:
That should put a lot of people off getting/renewing season tickets.  Can't see Ennis signing as he can earn loads more elsewhere in the Championship.  And forget signing Whittaker and Azaz.   We've been relegated before a ball is kicked.  Hallett is really becoming a problem now.

will it heck put people of renewing the fans will still go regardless.  

Im not angered by that comment from schuey i dont think anyone was thinking he would have treble the money to spend in the summer compared to the big teams in this league when our only objective next season is to stay up!

i'm positive there will be a bigger budget than usual available but We still got to be sensible with money, we dont want to be paying for it down the line if we blow what is in the bank on players we wont be able to afford in league one should we go straight back down. Even more so until the club has several revenue streams coming into the club that would support investments in players that would break the bank we got to do what we can and i believe schuey and the recruitment team will find the players we need.

Last edited by Angry on Fri May 12, 2023 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Shoe E on budget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoe E on budget   Shoe E on budget EmptyFri May 12, 2023 7:34 pm

Freathy wrote:

Doubt it, your average forelock tugging janner will lap it up, graiser will have a tent pitched outside the 'iconic facade' the night before early bird renewal day. Put it down to essential cloth cutting, community projects and the brickfields are where it's at. Team strengthening, stadium improvements and even bobbys cabbage patch will have to wait bhey.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Shoe E on budget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoe E on budget   Shoe E on budget EmptyFri May 12, 2023 8:05 pm

Freathy wrote:

I'll probably still get one simply because the ground won't be big enough to cater for pay on the day people for a good proportion of matches next season but must say that if the object of these statements coming from the club is to dampen expectations then they are being very fecking successful.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Shoe E on budget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoe E on budget   Shoe E on budget EmptyFri May 12, 2023 8:17 pm

Now that is typical Argyle ..Getting the excuses in early doors ffs
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Shoe E on budget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoe E on budget   Shoe E on budget EmptyFri May 12, 2023 8:21 pm

FFS, some people at Home Park wear this "we have a shyte budget" crap like a hair shirt that they think makes them superior in some way to every other team.

I can understand that teams like Blackburn Watford and West Brom can spend more as they have better crowds and may still be getting some form of parachute payment. But Rotherham? Swansea who lost £12 million last season?

We know Wigan have paid players late at least three times this past season and i suspect they aren't the only ones. And Reading have been relegated, basically because of points deductions for financial wrong doings.

I'm not asking for Argyle to sign a couple of million pound players, just that a good young manager be given the support he deserves. The Club seems more than happy to pay out millions for an athletics ground but they need to remember it's called Plymouth Argyle FOOTBALL Club. If the owners just want "safe" investments why don't they sell up to someone with a bit more enterprise and stick their money in Premium Bonds.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Shoe E on budget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoe E on budget   Shoe E on budget EmptySat May 13, 2023 1:32 pm

Feck off Hallett and feck off you apologetic "fans". Maybe we should weigh in the trophy we just won and spend the cash on the wimmins team as well? I'm not expecting a top four budget but FFS this is just taking the piss.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Shoe E on budget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoe E on budget   Shoe E on budget EmptySat May 13, 2023 1:57 pm

Freathy wrote:
The real problem is a sad cnut like you, who year after year predicts relegation worst team ever etc, why ffs what do you get our of it ? you stopped being slightly funny years ago mush, do us all a favour and fvck off, this is a argo forum not a twisted turd look at me site.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Shoe E on budget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoe E on budget   Shoe E on budget EmptySat May 13, 2023 1:59 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Feck off Hallett and feck off you apologetic "fans". Maybe we should weigh in the trophy we just won and spend the cash on the wimmins team as well? I'm not expecting a top four budget but FFS this is just taking the piss.
Fvcking ell less than a week after becoming champions, the sad and bitter squad all come out to play, its tragic really.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Shoe E on budget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoe E on budget   Shoe E on budget EmptySat May 13, 2023 2:54 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Fvcking ell less than a week after becoming champions, the sad and bitter squad all come out to play, its tragic really.

Less than a week after becoming Champions, we have an owner/Chairman stating in no uncertain terms that money is not going to be splashed and a Manager confirming he has the worst budget in the Division.

No "Well done boys, we will back you as far as we can" No "We have a great Manager, we will support him" No "We share the fans ambitions" No "It's been a great season, let's see what we can do next season"

Just "Don't expect anything then you won't be disappointed"

For a team that got a record number of points and more wins than any team in the top 4 Divisions, the celebration of that success (by the Club) has been piss poor, verging on Mc666 claiming the players shirts after winning a Wembley. The way SH has been talking, you'd think we had been relegated, not promoted!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Shoe E on budget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoe E on budget   Shoe E on budget EmptySat May 13, 2023 3:10 pm

Shuey is only being honest about the budget, he knows it will not be huge and will work with what he is given.

He will bring in players he believes will do a job at Argyle at Championship level.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Shoe E on budget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoe E on budget   Shoe E on budget EmptySat May 13, 2023 3:36 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Never had you down as a posh botty licker, that's tragic. Why don't you cnut shoey off for putting it out there? Just been promoted with an extra £8m and we have the lowest budget in the league, that is fooking tragic. Tragic as fook.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Shoe E on budget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoe E on budget   Shoe E on budget EmptySat May 13, 2023 4:16 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

It disappoints me to say I'm with you now. After learning the budget compared to turnover something ain't right, I was shocked to learn we're lower half League one budget, top 10 I could live with but not lower half, not with our turnover ratio.

Moving on to the Championship which we were promised would be sustainable with the refurb, I agree, feck off. We've been had over AGAIN.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Shoe E on budget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoe E on budget   Shoe E on budget EmptySat May 13, 2023 4:34 pm

After Home Park being sold out for the majority of matches this season, Simon Property Not Players  Hallett needs to fully explain to the fans why we will have such an unnecessarily small and completely uncompetitive budget next season.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Shoe E on budget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoe E on budget   Shoe E on budget EmptySat May 13, 2023 4:35 pm

It's always the same.

Before last season started according to the all knowing on here, most of the playing budget had been diverted to paying for the big screen and new seats. Well, last season we had just short of £4m - and won the league. This year we have £11m -£12m. That's triple what we had last year.

Schuey and his staff have proved that they can use the money they have very well.

I know we're going to have 3 months of negativity before the season starts, but give the club a chance for fecks sake.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Shoe E on budget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoe E on budget   Shoe E on budget EmptySat May 13, 2023 5:17 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
It's always the same.

Before last season started according to the all knowing on here, most of the playing budget had been diverted to paying for the big screen and new seats. Well, last season we had just short of £4m - and won the league. This year we have £11m -£12m. That's triple what we had last year.

Schuey and his staff have proved that they can use the money they have very well.

I know we're going to have 3 months of negativity before the season starts, but give the club a chance for fecks sake.

For me the biggest issue is we were promised a sustainable Championship club and the refurb would be a big part of that. The refurb part evidently wasn't true, it's nothing short of a disaster as now we're being told the corners are not affordable. We're going into the Championship with a bottom budget, how on earth is that sustainable? All credit to those who've over achieved.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Shoe E on budget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoe E on budget   Shoe E on budget EmptySat May 13, 2023 6:10 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
It's always the same.

Yep, the haters will fill their boots next season when argyle will no doubt get stuffed a few times like most newly promoted clubs do, me i prefer to judge Hallet on his record of two promotions in four years, the best owner in my fifty five years supporting the club, after eight years of dogshit under the Brentmare, with mini stands dentists and all that other fantasy bullshit you would think they would be happy sadly thats not how it works with the bitter bheys.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Shoe E on budget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoe E on budget   Shoe E on budget EmptySat May 13, 2023 6:19 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
It's always the same.

Yep, the haters will fill their boots next season when argyle will no doubt get stuffed a few times like most newly promoted clubs do, me i prefer to judge Hallet on his record of two promotions in four years, the best owner in my fifty five years supporting the club, after eight years of dogshit under the Brentmare, with mini stands dentists and all that other fantasy bullshit you would think they would be happy sadly thats not how it works with the bitter bheys.

Hallett was on the same board as Brent, remember that. Hallett has been sniffing around ever since the administration days 'anything I can do to help' springs to mind. I respect the professionalism he has brought to the club but it's built on sand and empty promises.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Shoe E on budget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoe E on budget   Shoe E on budget EmptySat May 13, 2023 6:23 pm

I remember when they were begging fan s Hallett & Parkinson to keep there season ticket money …since then with had few seasons prior which with have very good financially ..move on even further then there’s Halletts cronies just invested £4 million as well this year ..plus up to date now win the league & prize money ..there’s plenty of money sloshing about up there well enough for land deals it seems..So how about putting your hands in your pocket Mr Hallett and repaying them fans with a decent budget the fans remember them who let you keep there ST money …about time you paid there loyality back ..it works both ways
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Shoe E on budget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoe E on budget   Shoe E on budget EmptySat May 13, 2023 6:25 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
It's always the same.

Hallett was on the same board as Brent, remember that.  Hallett has been sniffing around ever since the administration days 'anything I can do to help' springs to mind.  I respect the professionalism he has brought to the club but it's built on sand and empty promises.
Two promotions, what empty promises? he building a new academy and new training ground, that is a solid foundation for any club. you cant compare Hallet with the Brentmare, he has been brilliant for this club.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Shoe E on budget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoe E on budget   Shoe E on budget EmptySat May 13, 2023 6:29 pm

RegGreen wrote:
I remember when they were begging fan s Hallett & Parkinson to keep there season ticket money …since then with had few seasons prior which with have very good financially ..move on even further then there’s Halletts cronies just invested £4 million as well this year ..plus up to date now win the league & prize money ..there’s plenty of money sloshing about up there well enough for land deals it seems..So how about putting your hands in your pocket Mr Hallett and repaying them fans with a decent budget the fans remember them who let you keep there ST money …about time you paid there loyality back ..it works both ways

The chap from Green Pilgrim stated last week they might be interested in investing more... no increase in capacity and bottom budgets is best tho, let's be grateful.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

Shoe E on budget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoe E on budget   Shoe E on budget EmptySun May 14, 2023 2:47 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

The Oracle has spoken..
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Shoe E on budget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoe E on budget   Shoe E on budget EmptySun May 14, 2023 4:21 pm

Freathy wrote:

Get your head out of your arse, can’t wait to renew mine
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Shoe E on budget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoe E on budget   Shoe E on budget EmptySun May 14, 2023 5:22 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Doubt it, your average forelock tugging janner will lap it up, graiser will have a tent pitched outside the 'iconic facade' the night before early bird renewal day. Put it down to essential cloth cutting, community projects and the brickfields are where it's at. Team strengthening, stadium improvements and even bobbys cabbage patch will have to wait bhey.

Don’t like that “iconic facade” wish it had been pulled down and then they would have had to do something with Bobby’s garden.
Use the internet old chap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shoe E on budget Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shoe E on budget   Shoe E on budget Empty

Back to top Go down

Shoe E on budget
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next