Savageandstrand
Les Miserable
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

WBA in for Shoe E? Empty
PostSubject: WBA in for Shoe E?   WBA in for Shoe E? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2022 10:56 am

Just a rumour, to be expected though I suppose with him doing so well. Think this could have some legs, would be the kind of step up to suit both parties, hope not.
Back to top Go down
Savageandstrand

Savageandstrand

WBA in for Shoe E? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WBA in for Shoe E?   WBA in for Shoe E? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2022 11:04 am

Danger of course is its not just Shuey
The whole back up team from top to bottom will go if he does

Hallett needs to step up as in immediately and double his salary before the likes of WBA enter the picture and treble it
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

WBA in for Shoe E? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WBA in for Shoe E?   WBA in for Shoe E? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2022 11:05 am

I'm just really hoping that the promotion side doesn't get broken up until the seasons end, it is inevitable but we usually manage to get promoted before doing so. It's feckin lethal nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

WBA in for Shoe E? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WBA in for Shoe E?   WBA in for Shoe E? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2022 11:07 am

Savageandstrand wrote:
Danger of course is its not just Shuey
The whole back up team from top to bottom will go if he does

Hallett needs to step up as in immediately and double his salary before the likes of WBA enter the picture and treble it

Lol. I thought everyone else was all for a bit of business? Trouble is I bet they have posh toilets oop north.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

WBA in for Shoe E? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WBA in for Shoe E?   WBA in for Shoe E? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2022 11:21 am

Shoey didn't make the odds list and Keane has just gone from 25/1 to 4/1 so someone has layer large on that.
All I could think I'd regarding Shoey was this on Baggies unofficial.
"It's time for a younger man at the helm with fresh, modern ideas and methods. No more dinosaurs. I also want someone who could be successful but would also grow with the club and so remain onboard longer than managers would typically. On that basis, I wouldn't want Dyche and probably not Carrick (who would use us as a stepping stone). I wouldn't expect Dyche to come anyway. I think Parker would be wary of coming here as he'll want to be as certain as he can be of his next job being a success, and he doesn't seem to like not having money to spend. I don't like managers who wear suits on the touchline anyway! Big Grin

Edwards would be risky but interesting and I wouldn't be averse. Jokanovic is in work at Dynamo Moscow, so we can forget him. Wilder wouldn't come as he knows he was deffed out by Lai previously. Corberan might be a good shout too. I wouldn't want Keane or Terry and absolutely no to Hughton and O'Neill.

If course, it all depends on how much money we have for the new incumbent and his choice of staff. If paying compensation is a possibility, I think we should be looking at the likes of Schumacher at Plymouth and Martin at Swansea."
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

WBA in for Shoe E? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WBA in for Shoe E?   WBA in for Shoe E? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2022 12:11 pm

Any manager at the top of a League one down from a Club with a vacancy will be looked at.

However, I think WBA regard themselves as too big a Club for a Manager with no Premiership experience or who has got promotion into the Premiership.

I can never understand why anyone would go for Roy Keane though, his managerial record isn't that special.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

WBA in for Shoe E? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WBA in for Shoe E?   WBA in for Shoe E? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2022 2:20 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Any manager at the top of a League one down from a Club with a vacancy will be looked at.

However, I think WBA regard themselves as too big a Club for a Manager with no Premiership experience or who has got promotion into the Premiership.

I can never understand why anyone would go for Roy Keane though, his  managerial record isn't that special.

Has freinds in the media I guess however Very doubtful with any one out of Wilder, Parker and Dyche out of work.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

WBA in for Shoe E? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WBA in for Shoe E?   WBA in for Shoe E? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2022 3:53 pm

i wouldnt see WBA gambling on him just yet. Mind you the way they disgard managers like watford i guess the have run out of candidates willing to go there.

Schuey is doing fantastic and im sure the longer that continues here the more likely a team in the championship with a higher profile is going to take notice and approach us for him and i for one wouldnt begrudge him that opportunity providing he goes about it the right way and unlike Lowe doesnt walk at the first opportuniy cause he got caught cleaning his office too often or like luggy leave at a critical moment in the season that could damage our postition like luggy going to southampton almost did.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

WBA in for Shoe E? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WBA in for Shoe E?   WBA in for Shoe E? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2022 8:39 pm

WBA have gone down the old and tired 'big name' route with Steve Bruce and it has failed spectacularly.  I think they would want an exciting up and coming young manager who has propelled a very modestly funded (compared to Ipswich, Sheff Wed, Pompey, Posh, Bolton, Derby, Barnsley) team right to the top of the table.  Yes, West Brom fans would clearly love Sean Dyche but you can bet he'll be holding out for a Premier League club vacancy to materialise.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if Schuey was given permission to speak to WBA this week.  And we won't see him for dust when he is offered the job.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

WBA in for Shoe E? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WBA in for Shoe E?   WBA in for Shoe E? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2022 10:12 pm

Freathy wrote:
WBA have gone down the old and tired 'big name' route with Steve Bruce and it has failed spectacularly.  I think they would want an exciting up and coming young manager who has propelled a very modestly funded (compared to Ipswich, Sheff Wed, Pompey, Posh, Bolton, Derby, Barnsley) team right to the top of the table.  Yes, West Brom fans would clearly love Sean Dyche but you can bet he'll be holding out for a Premier League club vacancy to materialise.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if Schuey was given permission to speak to WBA this week.  And we won't see him for dust when he is offered the job.

Pure speculation.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

WBA in for Shoe E? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WBA in for Shoe E?   WBA in for Shoe E? EmptyTue Oct 11, 2022 9:09 am

akagreengull wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Pure speculation.

Obviously but what Freathy says will come true if the team keep it up this season. Argyle fans need to wake up to the fact that teams like these don't come about that often and IMO we have to keep the whole squad together, strengthen in January if needed (we have plenty of money in the bank after all thanks to the support of fans) and stay where we are in the table. Next summer will be carnage with a complete rebuild and Schuey will be gone foreshore.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

WBA in for Shoe E? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WBA in for Shoe E?   WBA in for Shoe E? EmptyTue Oct 11, 2022 10:27 am

Of course he'll go at some point if he keeps this up. It's the way of the football food chain and we're not as far up it as we'd like yet.

And gawd knows, the last club I'd want to compare us with is Luton, but like Nathan Jones who went off to to Stoke when his stock was high but wasn't gone that long before he toddled back Kenilworth Road way and pretty much continued on as before.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

WBA in for Shoe E? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WBA in for Shoe E?   WBA in for Shoe E? EmptyTue Oct 11, 2022 4:03 pm

Greenlander wrote:
Of course he'll go at some point if he keeps this up. It's the way of the football food chain and we're not as far up it as we'd like yet.

And gawd knows, the last club I'd want to compare us with is Luton, but like Nathan Jones who went off to to Stoke when his stock was high but wasn't gone that long before he toddled back Kenilworth Road way and pretty much continued on as before.

It’s funny how managers careers can be a bit like snakes and ladders. Jones was pipped to the Argyle job by Del Boy…but has since gone on and trumped him with his successes at Luton, while Del is staring either relegation or the sack squarely in the face at Morecambe.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

WBA in for Shoe E? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WBA in for Shoe E?   WBA in for Shoe E? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 11:48 am

I think it's safe to say that Shoey isn't going to be a Baggy any time soon.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

WBA in for Shoe E? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WBA in for Shoe E?   WBA in for Shoe E? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 12:10 pm

Latest WBA possible manager  list

Leam Richardson 2/1  
Roy Keane           3/1  
Sean Dyche   4/1  
Chris Wilder   4/1  
Gary O'Neil   6/1  
Scott Parker   7/1  
Carlos Corberan   9/1  
Rob Edwards   11/1  
Sam Allardyce   14/1  
Michael Carrick   16/1  
Chris Hughton   16/1  
Michael O'Neill   18/1  
Claudio Ranieri   30/1  
Roy Hodgson   33/1
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer   33/1

Latest Middlesbrough possible manger list

Lee Cattermole
8/15
Michael Carrick
9/4
Rob Edwards
10/1
Leo Percovich
14/1
Carlos Corberan
16/1
Sean Dyche
18/1
Gary O'Neil
20/1
Scott Parker
22/1
Steve Cooper
22/1
Hannes Wolf
25/1
Mark Robins
25/1
Anthony Barry
28/1
Daniel Farke
28/1
Kieran McKenna
28/1
Michael Reiziger
28/1
Nigel Pearson
33/1
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
33/1
Wayne Rooney
33/1
Andre Villas-Boas
40/1
David Wagner
40/1
Duncan Ferguson
40/1
Graeme Jones
40/1
John Terry
40/1
Liam Rosenior
40/1
Marcelo Bielsa
40/1
Mark Bonner
40/1
Mark Warburton
40/1
Michael Laudrup
40/1
Roy Keane
40/1
Sol Bamba
40/1
Steve Bruce
40/1
Steve McClaren
40/1
Aitor Karanka
50/1
Brendan Rodgers
50/1
Gary Rowett
50/1
Jonathan Woodgate
50/1
Nathan Jones
50/1
Robbie Neilson
50/1
Sam Allardyce
50/1
Liam Manning
80/1
Robbie Fowler
80/1
Ryan Lowe
80/1
Shota Arveladze
80/1
Veljko Paunovic
80/1

Both clubs will want an experienced manager who can get them back into the PL sooner, rather than later.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:32 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Lee Cattermole 8/15 Michael Carrick 9/4 Rob Edwards 10/1 Leo Percovich 14/1 Carlos Corberan 16/1 Sean Dyche 18/1 Gary O'Neil 20/1 Scott Parker 22/1 Steve Cooper 22/1 Hannes Wolf 25/1 Mark Robins 25/1 Anthony Barry 28/1 Daniel Farke 28/1 Kieran McKenna 28)
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

WBA in for Shoe E? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WBA in for Shoe E?   WBA in for Shoe E? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 1:10 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Latest WBA possible manager  list

Leam Richardson 2/1  
Roy Keane           3/1  
Sean Dyche   4/1  
Chris Wilder   4/1  
Gary O'Neil   6/1  
Scott Parker   7/1  
Carlos Corberan   9/1  
Rob Edwards   11/1  
Sam Allardyce   14/1  
Michael Carrick   16/1  
Chris Hughton   16/1  
Michael O'Neill   18/1  
Claudio Ranieri   30/1  
Roy Hodgson   33/1
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer   33/1

Latest Middlesbrough possible manger list

Lee Cattermole
8/15
Michael Carrick
9/4
Rob Edwards
10/1
Leo Percovich
14/1
Carlos Corberan
16/1
Sean Dyche
18/1
Gary O'Neil
20/1
Scott Parker
22/1
Steve Cooper
22/1
Hannes Wolf
25/1
Mark Robins
25/1
Anthony Barry
28/1
Daniel Farke
28/1
Kieran McKenna
28/1
Michael Reiziger
28/1
Nigel Pearson
33/1
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
33/1
Wayne Rooney
33/1
Andre Villas-Boas
40/1
David Wagner
40/1
Duncan Ferguson
40/1
Graeme Jones
40/1
John Terry
40/1
Liam Rosenior
40/1
Marcelo Bielsa
40/1
Mark Bonner
40/1
Mark Warburton
40/1
Michael Laudrup
40/1
Roy Keane
40/1
Sol Bamba
40/1
Steve Bruce
40/1
Steve McClaren
40/1
Aitor Karanka
50/1
Brendan Rodgers
50/1
Gary Rowett
50/1
Jonathan Woodgate
50/1
Nathan Jones
50/1
Robbie Neilson
50/1
Sam Allardyce
50/1
Liam Manning
80/1
Robbie Fowler
80/1
Ryan Lowe
80/1
Shota Arveladze
80/1
Veljko Paunovic
80/1

Both clubs will want an experienced manager who can get them back into the PL sooner, rather than later.

By all accounts Shuey has let it be known that he won’t be considering any Championship positions. This stemmed from his dismissal of the Huddersfield job (despite Freathy’s assertion that he’d be off like a shot).

If he were at all a ‘Ryan Lowe’ type wantaway, he’d deffo be in the running looking at the calibre of the candidates for the two jobs above.

Al in all, very good news.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

WBA in for Shoe E? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WBA in for Shoe E?   WBA in for Shoe E? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 2:21 pm

I will take what Schuey says about leaving Argyle with pinch of salt like not selling Pan for less than £27m. He wont go to either of the two above because they will want someone with prem or promotion to the prem experience, we will need to be worried if a team like Ipswich, Wednesday or Pompey become managerless. Personally I think that it is next summer we need to worry about especially if we get promoted. At the end of the day one decent move to a bigger club would set his family up forever and he'd be nuts to keep turning down offers, if he was even offered the Huddersfield job?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

WBA in for Shoe E? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WBA in for Shoe E?   WBA in for Shoe E? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 3:39 pm

Lets not forget Shue E has only been a Manager for less than a year at one Club.

Shithouse Lowe had been a Manager for 3 or 4 years and had two promotions at different Clubs under his belt before being offered a job with a Championship Club whose realistic ambitions are limited to finishing in the top half of the Division. Without the personal reasons-location and lust- I doubt he would have left for such a relatively short "step up"

If Schue E gets us promoted and into the top 6 of the Championship (as Holloway did) then Premiership Clubs will sit up and take notice.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

WBA in for Shoe E? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WBA in for Shoe E?   WBA in for Shoe E? EmptySun Oct 16, 2022 2:33 pm

One or two worrying whispers regarding the WBA vacancy. If ever a big pay rise and contract extension offer was in order, rather than throw it at a player, it really ought to be thrown at Shuey in our current situation.

Hopefully there’s nothing in it.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

WBA in for Shoe E? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WBA in for Shoe E?   WBA in for Shoe E? EmptySun Oct 16, 2022 2:39 pm

Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside
Oh, I do like to be beside the sea
Oh, I do like to stroll along the prom, prom, prom
Where the brass bands play 'feck off West Brom'
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

WBA in for Shoe E? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WBA in for Shoe E?   WBA in for Shoe E? EmptySun Oct 16, 2022 3:15 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
One or two worrying whispers regarding the WBA vacancy. If ever a big pay rise and contract extension offer was in order, rather than throw it at a player, it really ought to be thrown at Shuey in our current situation.

Lol. What's the point if he doesn't want to be here, plenty more fish in the sea, no manager bigger than the club, trust in Sigh ECT, ECT....
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

WBA in for Shoe E? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WBA in for Shoe E?   WBA in for Shoe E? EmptySun Oct 16, 2022 3:42 pm

Well if WBA have made an approach, which is highly likely, then realistically Hallett will allow them to speak to Schuey.  And Schuey will of course definitely accept the job as it's probably 3 or 4 times his current salary at a far bigger club than Argo.  He's as good as gone.  Apparently Darren Ferguson was sat with the Argo directors yesterday at MK.  Possible replacement?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

WBA in for Shoe E? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WBA in for Shoe E?   WBA in for Shoe E? EmptySun Oct 16, 2022 4:21 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Lol. What's the point if he doesn't want to be here, plenty more fish in the sea, no manager bigger than the club, trust in Sigh  ECT, ECT....

Geez Ears, try to engage your brain and think for a minute….The fact you are laughably trying to draw parallels between the effect of Camara leaving (yes, with Argyle top of the league LOL) with the potential loss of the manager and what that could entail for our season, demonstrates how worthless your opinions really are.
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

WBA in for Shoe E? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WBA in for Shoe E?   WBA in for Shoe E? EmptySun Oct 16, 2022 5:07 pm

He'd be mental to leave us for them at this time.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

WBA in for Shoe E? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WBA in for Shoe E?   WBA in for Shoe E? EmptySun Oct 16, 2022 5:11 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Lol. What's the point if he doesn't want to be here, plenty more fish in the sea, no manager bigger than the club, trust in Sigh  ECT, ECT....

Geez Ears, try to engage your brain and think for a minute….The fact you are laughably trying to draw parallels between the effect of Camara leaving (yes, with Argyle top of the league LOL) with the potential loss of the manager and what that could entail for our season, demonstrates how worthless your opinions really are.

Worthless? Time will tell but your flip flopping does amuse me mate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WBA in for Shoe E? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WBA in for Shoe E?   WBA in for Shoe E? Empty

Back to top Go down

WBA in for Shoe E?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next