Greenskin
Angry
sufferedsince 68
10 posters
AuthorMessage
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Well done to everyone at the club. Empty
PostSubject: Well done to everyone at the club.   Well done to everyone at the club. EmptySat Apr 29, 2023 5:19 pm

After the dark days of the Brentmare, its been a truly brilliant last couple of years for greens everwhere, delighted. cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Well done to everyone at the club.   Well done to everyone at the club. EmptySat Apr 29, 2023 7:07 pm

look how far we've come Very Happy

probably could have got back into the championship sooner had brent pissed off sooner but we are back. Lets hope and pray the club have learnt the lessons of the past and we are more equipped for life in the championship and not firefighting with money with no income revenues to stay here
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Well done to everyone at the club.   Well done to everyone at the club. EmptySat Apr 29, 2023 7:19 pm

Yep, great achievement and well done especially to Simon Hallett for getting the managerial appointments right. Whatever you may think of Lowe, he did bring the nucleus of the promotion winning team to the club and Schuey [must admit i had severe doubts about his suitability bearing in mind previous managers appointed from within] carried it on and improved it to the extent of a possible championship winning side. Remarkable stuff and long may it continue, starting at Port vale next week.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Well done to everyone at the club.   Well done to everyone at the club. EmptySat Apr 29, 2023 7:26 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Yep, great achievement and well done especially to Simon Hallett for getting the managerial appointments right. Whatever you may think of Lowe, he did bring the nucleus of the promotion winning team to the club and Schuey [must admit i had severe doubts about his suitability bearing in mind previous managers appointed from within] carried it on and improved it to the extent of a possible championship winning side. Remarkable stuff and long may it continue, starting at Port vale next week.

i agree with your comment about Lowe. Yes he left at the first opportunity but his ground work has aided Schuey a great deal and that shouldnt go un noticed. Schuey will be entering a whole new world next season as will the coaching staff. I hope that he adds someone who knows this league well to his backroom staff to help him so he can adapt to the demands quicker.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Well done to everyone at the club.   Well done to everyone at the club. EmptySat Apr 29, 2023 8:05 pm

A momentous achievement given how strong L1 is this season. The top 6 is packed with big spending ex Premier league clubs and Championship regulars. Schuey will be hard to keep hold of.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Well done to everyone at the club.   Well done to everyone at the club. EmptySat Apr 29, 2023 8:22 pm

Hear hear, was saying to mates at the game how I thought Schuey was going to be a Fletcher mk 2, just looked like a cheap appointment and tbf the club took a gamble that paid off but Schuey has picked up the baton and run with it, fair play to the board who have actually backed the manager especially in January.
Strongest league 1 any of us have ever seen really is something to get promoted against Peterborough, Derby, Pompey, Ipswich, Barnsley, Wednesday lol.
Congratulations well in order.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Well done to everyone at the club.   Well done to everyone at the club. EmptySat Apr 29, 2023 9:32 pm

Fantastic achievement, some great football played in the first half of the season and hard fought wins in the second half. Incredible win percentage and points total accumulated in, as has been said, a very strong league with some big hitters/spenders. The team and those running the club should be proud of themselves and they fully deserve all the plaudits, my only gripe would be the somewhat tinpot stadium and capacity issues that remain from the brentmare era and hopefully these can be addressed in the not too distant but it would be unfair to bang that drum too loudly on such a great day for the club.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Well done to everyone at the club.   Well done to everyone at the club. EmptyMon May 01, 2023 12:11 pm

The last two seasons have been incredible and have shown what Argyle are capable of.

This season though has been tip top and to get promoted the way Argyle have will live long in the memory of one and all. It's even more better considering the sides in the top end of L1. To finish above the likes of Wednesday, Barnsley, Bolton, Derby, Posh and Pompey is as sweet as sweet can be.

Argyle could be crowned as Champions next Sunday and finish above Ipswich. What a way to end the 2022-2023 campaign.

Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Well done to everyone at the club.   Well done to everyone at the club. EmptyMon May 01, 2023 6:05 pm

Well done to Hallett for bringing Lowe and Schumacher to the club, little did I know that when I first met Schuy as he was moving in next door we would achieve what we have.
Excellent recruitment all round including the back room staff and Dewsnip
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Well done to everyone at the club.   Well done to everyone at the club. EmptyMon May 01, 2023 6:15 pm

Is he still your next door neighbour?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Well done to everyone at the club.   Well done to everyone at the club. EmptyMon May 01, 2023 6:18 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Is he still your next door neighbour?

No he moved out about 12 or so months ago, he was renting a house at Mannamead but I believe he’s now bought one, don’t
know where he is now.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Well done to everyone at the club.   Well done to everyone at the club. EmptyMon May 01, 2023 6:23 pm

Thanks/OK

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Well done to everyone at the club.   Well done to everyone at the club. EmptyMon May 01, 2023 7:10 pm

Two day hangover is just about beginning to ease. drunken

Echo most of the above. I don’t think any of us could have expected Shuey to do what he has. Alarm bells were starting to ring after the 5-1 dicking at Charlton in August. But those fears were quite swiftly allayed.

Camara going to Ipswich. Whittaker going back to Swansea. Cooper getting crocked. All could have proven pivotal in a negative way - but they weren’t, and the 5 year plan was achieved in 4.

Top work by all concerned. Geddon.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Well done to everyone at the club.   Well done to everyone at the club. EmptyMon May 01, 2023 8:14 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Echo most of the above. I don’t think any of us could have expected Shuey to do what he has. Alarm bells were starting to ring after the 5-1 dicking at Charlton in August. But those fears were quite swiftly allayed.

Camara going to Ipswich. Whittaker going back to Swansea. Cooper getting crocked. All could have proven pivotal in a negative way - but they weren’t, and the 5 year plan was achieved in 4.

£500,000 for a guy who played less then 8 times this season was a brilliant bit of business from the club.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Well done to everyone at the club.   Well done to everyone at the club. EmptyMon May 01, 2023 8:40 pm

Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

£500,000 for a guy who played less then 8 times this season was a brilliant bit of business from the club.

With your hindsight you should be on the board, except hindsight is only useful to look smart retrospectively
Shame we didn't use your wonderful gift when we signed Galloway, Miller, Bolton and Grant to name just a few.. in fact there's your half a mill gone right there.
There's also a very good chance he ends up back at Argyle with an injury record like he's built up.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Well done to everyone at the club.   Well done to everyone at the club. EmptyMon May 01, 2023 10:24 pm

No hindsight at all, read the Camara thread
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Well done to everyone at the club.   Well done to everyone at the club. EmptyTue May 02, 2023 11:00 am

Graiser wrote:
No hindsight at all, read the Camara thread

Read a dictionary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well done to everyone at the club.   Well done to everyone at the club. Empty

Back to top Go down

Well done to everyone at the club.
Page 1 of 1