mouldyoldgoat
Les Miserable
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

And then there were 7 ... match fred Empty
PostSubject: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 11:15 am

Squeaky bum time, any slip ups now could be catastrophic

2-1 COYG
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 11:34 am

scd

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 11:48 am

Think we'll struggle badly today against a very good and very organised Lincoln City side.  Imps will take the lead and silence an already nervous crowd leaving us with the proverbial mountain to climb.  Schuey will have to become the master of the tactical substitutions yet again to salvage a very hard earned but barely deserved point. 

1-1
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 12:54 pm

Nah were be fine today …and expecting buisness as usual 3-1 specially being at home but knowing us wouldn’t surprise me we made hard work of the 3points though …come on you greens !!!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 1:00 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Nah were be fine today …and expecting buisness as usual 3-1 specially being at home but knowing us wouldn’t surprise me we made hard work of the 3points though …come on you greens !!!

Spot on I'm going for a 3 1 as well. We aren't top of the league by luck, bheys will be up for it COYG.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 2:03 pm

Must win game in the scheme of things. Ipswich, Wednesday and Barnsley all having winnable fixtures.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 3:04 pm

Watching via argo TV didn't realise we could get video today.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 3:29 pm

FFS punished for not taking our chances, Wednesday 1 up as well.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 3:50 pm

Her we are one nil Thumbnsdown down at HTas usual, Argo should go on to win this easily now. Fooking Burton is rubbish. Change it up Shoey.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 4:02 pm

I'm starting to lose faith in Shoe E, same old defensive starting 11, 7 defenders and the average hardie. Not started a game well for 6 months, always playing catch up, I keep saying it but he's obviously not reading my posts. Sort it out Shoe E ... NOT GOOD ENOUGH
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 4:15 pm

Is he waiting for us to go 3 down before subs? Not working so change it FFS.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 5:25 pm

That's it season is most definitely over.  As expected Argo have blown it yet again. Simply had to win today.  We're not going up nor does this pathetic 'team' deserve to.  Diabolical performance! Lincoln totally outplayed us all over the pitch and should have scored 4 or 5.  In the season post mortem, after we fail miserably in the play-of semis, not strengthening the defence in January should be the No1 reason.  Both Exeter and Shrewsbury will completely annihilate piss poor Argo in the next two games.  We've turned ultra shit again and poor old Schuey simply hasn't got a clue what to do.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 5:30 pm

Freathy wrote:
That's it season is most definitely over.  As expected Argo have blown it yet again. Simply had to win today.  We're not going up nor does this pathetic 'team' deserve to.  Diabolical performance! Lincoln totally outplayed us all over the pitch and should have scored 4 or 5.  In the season post mortem, after we fail miserably in the play-of semis, not strengthening the defence in January should be the No1 reason.  Both Exeter and Shrewsbury will completely annihilate piss poor Argo in the next two games.  We've turned ultra shit again and poor old Schuey simply hasn't got a clue what to do.
Boring now mate, same script every post, no wonder the forums dead if this is all there is.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 5:35 pm

It was a piss poor performance tbf. Ipswich did us a favour and dropped two points and we still have a game in hand on stuttering Wednesday but Lincoln could have easily scored 4 and these performances sre a worry, top of the league played off the park by a mid table side mmmm. Luckily the season isn't over, win at City and all this is behind us. Shoey needs to wise up and quick, maybe start with our best eleven?
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 6:56 pm

i would like to rehash my comments from last sunday and put it here. No interest from some players they clearly have decided they are off and in that case dont play them anymore if they cant be professional till the end of the season Ie Ryan Hardie.

Utter shambles of a performance brought back memories of the Fletcher era at times. Burton would get absolutely annihilated in the championship which is just aswell as the players dont want to go up it seems.
Something is a miss in that dressing room no idea what but clearly something is going down as there is no other justification for a team in a promotion hunt with 6 games left playing like they have been lately. It has been like watching sunday league football and the players are clueless on what to do. Lincoln should have won this by more.

Schuey is too nice to these players he needs to be a manager and call them out especially now as they are running the risk of feckin this season up royally, they pretty much got away with it from him for wembley showing this cant go unexcused or relying on all methods of demanding the fans backing while turfing out the players to tweet their generic sorry posts that they dont mean. That will only go so far and i think its starting to loose its appeal with some fans.

I maintain my comment from last sunday that if we fail to go up this season the hour glass will be turned against schuey and his time will be be running out whether he leaves or the club sack him if he doesnt hit the ground hard and fast next season with some marquee signings as there is no way the board will be happy that they gave him backing this season regardless to whether we think it was enough they still provided funds and he spent them in january and still didn't bring in a defender and still we where fooled into thinking we had depth in the squad now when in truth we spent a bunch of money on players we hope come good in a few years time and not keeping an eye on the present which is costing us dear now, it was him who didnt want to not bring in another experienced coach like downing who could have been vital to him at this stage of the season.

things are going wrong and i cant see how they are going to be put right, will the fans still be singing schueys name like they did today and stupidly after ipswich went ahead in there game.

6 GAMES LEFT we are now 3rd We play exeter on saturday i cant help but feel dread as if the players arent interested now why would they be against our biggest rivals at their crapshaq?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 7:16 pm

Erm we are actually 2nd because Ipswich drew.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 7:20 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

Well that changes everything, That makes that pile of shite we saw today andd recent form and problems worth it as someone else's failure masks ours. silly me.

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 7:36 pm

Argyle actually started the game quite well, only one team in it for the first 20 minutes-Hardie missed a couple of chances early on, Wright looked lively playing as a central striker in a rather strange sort of 3-4-3 formation. One thing that has characterised Argyle this season is the absolute crapness of their set pieces and for the second time in a week the opposition scored direct from an Argyle corner. It was a good break to be fair, some precision passing and a good finish but you should never be caught in that way especially when keeping the back door shut is so important at this stage of the season. After that there was only one team going to win the game and it wasn't Argyle-reminded me a bit of the MK Dons game last season when Jephcott missed those chances and Argyle were like a pricked balloon afterwards, Lincoln could have had a Boltonesque hatful but had to be content with one more when Wilson let his man turn like the QE2 to fire home. There was a distinct lack of craft and composure to play any passes of vision and accuracy to unlock the opposition-Steve McCall was the half time guest and must admit that i wished it was 30 years ago and he was in Argyle's midfield for the second half. Bad day and could have been even worse if Alfie hadn't done his stuff again but the situation is still in Argyle's hands even after that debacle. Now we'll see if the team and management have what it takes to overcome today and get positive results from the next two difficult looking games-ATM must admit to not feeling optimistic, here's hoping they can prove me and others wrong
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 8:03 pm

Well well Well I didn’t see that coming today 3 points should have been nailed on
Schuey can take partly blame …keep making so changes every game and he came unstuck today by thinking we’re still beat em with a weaker side or maybe rest a couple as well thinking were still good enough to beat certain side but as I said we came unstuck today
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 8:06 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Her we are one nil Thumbnsdown down at HTas usual, Argo should go on to win this easily now. Fooking Burton is rubbish. Change it up Shoey.
absolute shocker for 2nd how did he not save it
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 8:09 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Well that changes everything, That makes that pile of shite we saw today andd recent form and  problems worth it as someone else's failure masks ours.  silly me.

No need to be a dick, you said we were third, we aren't. Like it or not still in autos with a game in hand on the leader, today wasn't great, it was crap but we are still in the race.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 8:33 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Well that changes everything, That makes that pile of shite we saw today andd recent form and  problems worth it as someone else's failure masks ours.  silly me.

No need to be a dick, you said we were third, we aren't. Like it or not still in autos with a game in hand on the leader, today wasn't great, it was crap but we are still in the race.

i accept that i was corrected nothing wrong with that. my point was whether we are 2nd or 3rd it doesnt change the fact today was fecking awful there are issues behind the scenes im sensing as something is a miss with this squad and if that doesnt get resolved and fast we will be walking into the playoffs as the other teams are not going to keep messing up themselves they want out of this league too and we cant keep being bailed out it will be a repeat of the league 2 season we scraped promotion under del bhey and still had a shot at the title and blew it on the last day.given our form i wouldnt bank on us winning the playoffs or even reaching wembley again.

i am not confident against exeter at all as this team isnt playing like a team or even individuals that want to be here.

Last edited by Angry on Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 8:38 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Argyle actually started the game quite well, only one team in it for the first 20 minutes-Hardie missed a couple of chances early on, Wright looked lively playing as a central striker in a rather strange sort of 3-4-3  formation. One thing that has characterised Argyle this season is the absolute crapness of their set pieces and for the second time in a week the opposition scored direct from an Argyle corner. It was a good break to be fair, some precision passing and a good finish but you should never be caught in that way especially when keeping the back door shut is so important at this stage of the season. After that there was only one team going to win the game and it wasn't Argyle-reminded me a bit of the MK Dons game last season when Jephcott missed those chances and Argyle were like a pricked balloon afterwards, Lincoln could have had a Boltonesque hatful but had to be content with one more when Wilson let his man turn like the QE2 to fire home. There was a distinct lack of craft and composure to play any passes of vision and accuracy to unlock the opposition-Steve McCall was the half time guest and must admit that i wished it was 30 years ago and he was in Argyle's midfield for the second half. Bad day and could have been even worse if Alfie hadn't done his stuff again but the situation is still in Argyle's hands even after that debacle. Now we'll see if the team and management have what it takes to overcome today and get positive results from the next two difficult looking games-ATM must admit to not feeling optimistic, here's hoping they can prove me and others wrong
you can only have so many debacles & fiascos before it goes tits up and I don’t think we can afford many more
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 8:44 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Some reasons why:

a. Wilson let his man have an ocean of space to turn

b. The shot went through Scarr's legs

c. The shot was reasonably powerful and well placed, virtually right in the corner in fact where it's doubtful that any keeper would have saved it

He isn't the greatest keeper to play for Argyle by any means but that defeat was bugger all to do with him and everything to do with people in front of him not doing their jobs properly.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 8:54 pm

Greenskin wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Some reasons why:

a. Wilson let his man have an ocean of space to turn

b. The shot went through Scarr's legs

c. The shot was reasonably powerful and well placed, virtually right in the corner in fact where it's doubtful that any keeper would have saved it

He isn't the greatest keeper to play for Argyle by any means but that defeat was bugger all to do with him and everything to do with people in front of him not doing their jobs properly.

and the other 2 goals being offside helped aswell, Wilson has been a liability all season in that defence and its madness hes even selected if it werent for our defenders all being injury prone and therefore there is no one else to swa him with longterm. I truly hope hes gone at the end of the season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And then there were 7 ... match fred   And then there were 7 ... match fred Empty

Back to top Go down

And then there were 7 ... match fred
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next