Czarcasm
VillageGreen
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley   The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 7:30 pm

Freathy wrote:
I think today's horror show puts a whole new slant on things.  We may not have the toughest run-in but that doesn't matter as we are clearly the worst team in the top 6 by miles.  In fact we're probably by far the worst team in the top half of the division.   Crashing out in the play-off semis is how the season will end for this pathetic team.

Best thing that could have happened really, we will now stuff Morecombe and all this can be put in the past.
Bet it's fooking great on the Black Pasty! The Cornish Mancunian will be giving any dissenters a pretty short sharp holiday via his iphone foreshore.
Still chuckling thinking about my neighbour and his nine year old son wending their way home on the National Express, If Im still up at 2.45 am I may cheer them into their house, they will deserve it poor Southampton supporting feckers.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley   The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2023 1:04 am

If Argyle do not get a result at Morecambe then it's game over I'm afraid. It will be Play-Off heartbreak and horrific end to the season. And it was looking so easy not too long ago.

Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley   The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2023 7:50 am

VillageGreen wrote:
If Argyle do not get a result at Morecambe then it's game over I'm afraid. It will be Play-Off heartbreak and horrific end to the season. And it was looking so easy not too long ago.

Come on, VG. It's the Argo way, init mheeeeeeeet.

'If' it all goes swimmingly as expected, i,e a right royal capitulation, I'm going to perma-flounce. I can't take it no more. So much more to be doing, i,e doomsday prepping than follow this shite. Decades of shithousery have damaged me beyond repair.

Adios.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley   The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2023 8:06 am

Even if we did win at Morecambe, a team that incredibly could actually be worse than us, we are simply not going to get anything at Exeter, Shrewsbury or Port Vale.  It's now beginning to feel like the end of last season or the 18/19 season.  Barnsley, Bolton, Posh or whoever it may be will be hoping like hell it's us they face in the play-off semis.  It's looking like it's going to be a thoroughly miserable end to the season.  Next season Hallett and the yanks either need to put up and get proper investment in for players and not property or put Argo up for sale and piss off out of the club otherwise the only way we'll get out of L1 is downwards.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley   The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2023 7:12 pm

Freathy wrote:
Even if we did win at Morecambe, a team that incredibly could actually be worse than us, we are simply not going to get anything at Exeter, Shrewsbury or Port Vale.  It's now beginning to feel like the end of last season or the 18/19 season.  Barnsley, Bolton, Posh or whoever it may be will be hoping like hell it's us they face in the play-off semis.  It's looking like it's going to be a thoroughly miserable end to the season.  Next season Hallett and the yanks either need to put up and get proper investment in for players and not property or put Argo up for sale and piss off out of the club otherwise the only way we'll get out of L1 is downwards.

Let's  just get Morecambe and Lincoln out of the way first and see we are after that. If Argyle can get six points from those two then that leaves six games to go.

Got to be looking at winniing the final three homes and that can be done.

Exeter, Shrewsbury and Port Vale will tough ones. Having said that, if Argyle can get seven from nine that will go along way.

At the moment I am still optimistic that promotion could be secured.

22 points should be enough ?

Last edited by VillageGreen on Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley   The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2023 7:56 pm

A realistic prediction of our remaining games is

Morecambe A -Win 
Lincoln H -Draw
Exeter A- Lose
Shrewsbury A - Lose
Cambridge H - Win
Bristol Rovers H - Draw
Burton H- Win
Port Vale A - Draw

12 Points

Total 92 points - not enough
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley   The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2023 8:08 pm

Freathy wrote:
A realistic prediction of our remaining games is

Morecambe A -Win 
Lincoln H -Draw
Exeter A- Lose
Shrewsbury A - Lose
Cambridge H - Win
Bristol Rovers H - Draw
Burton H- Win
Port Vale A - Draw

12 Points

Total 92 points - not enough

Well beat Lincoln at home and I reckon we will do City away as well but just beat either and we are on 95 and that should see us over the line.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley   The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2023 9:12 pm

I was basing mine on Barnsley and Ipswich drawing with each other and winning the rest. They both have to play Posh.

Argyle 102
Ipswich 100
Barnsley 97

Argyle will go up with less than that should the other two drop points.

Gee, we can sit and work out points gained and where it leaves everyone. Football is a funny old game though and anything can happen.

The side know what they have got to do and it's  down to them to up their game. Make up for the pizza cup dross !!

If it goes down to Port Vale and needing somewhere, I hope Port Vale give us a full away end, which is around 4,000 I heard yesterday. Paint Stoke green and white.

The club actually do want to go up now so was told yesterday. Dewnip likes his ale by all acconts and has told folk how he sees things at Home Park when he has had a few.

Also heard that the Swansea lad was in tears when he had to leave and only said a short goodbye. He also told Swansea he was not interested in going to rival League One clubs as he did want not to shit on Argyle. Swansea owe Ipswich a million by all accounts. It would be great if Shuey could get him back in the summer as not alot is going on for the Swansea lad as yet and Rangers have cooled their interest in him.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley   The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2023 10:29 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
I was basing mine on Barnsley and Ipswich drawing with each other and winning the rest. They both have to play Posh.

Argyle 102
Ipswich 100
Barnsley 97

Argyle will go up with less than that should the other two drop points.

Gee, we can sit and work out points gained and where it leaves everyone. Football is a funny old game though and anything can happen.

The side know what they have got to do and it's  down to them to up their game. Make up for the pizza cup dross !!

If it goes down to Port Vale and needing something there, I hope Port Vale give us a full away end, which is around 4,000 I heard yesterday. Paint Stoke green and white.

The club actually do want to go up now so was told yesterday. Dewsnip likes his ale by all acconts and has told folk how he sees things at Home Park when he has had a few.

Also heard that the Swansea lad was in tears when he had to leave and only said a short goodbye. He also told Swansea he was not interested in going to rival League One clubs as he did want not to shit on Argyle. Swansea owe Ipswich a million by all accounts. It would be great if Shuey could get him back in the summer as not alot is going on for the Swansea lad as yet and Rangers have cooled their interest in him.
Back to top Go down
Boy D

Boy D

PostSubject: Re: The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley   The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 8:22 am

Freathy wrote:
I think today's horror show puts a whole new slant on things.  We may not have the toughest run-in but that doesn't matter as we are clearly the worst team in the top 6 by miles.  In fact we're probably by far the worst team in the top half of the division.   Crashing out in the play-off semis is how the season will end for this pathetic team.

What an utter dick you are.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley   The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 10:02 am

With Sheffield Wednesday and Ipswich having easy home games (for them at least) today against Oxford and Wycombe respectively this could well be the day we drop out of the top two.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley   The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 10:06 am

Wednesday are away
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley   The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 11:06 am

Freathy wrote:

No doubt Sunday was a debacle of humongous proportions and I’ve been trying not to bite but I’m a bit curious how you arrive at that assessment, we’re a team that have won the most games so far and we’re in 3rd place in losing games, so how does that in your opinion make us the worse team in the top half of the division?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley   The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 2:32 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Wednesday are away

And Wycombe are never easy to play agaisnt.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley   The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 2:51 pm

Boy D wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Utter. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Boy D

Boy D

PostSubject: Re: The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley   The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 7:39 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Boy D wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Utter. Lol.

Utter ……absolutely.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley   The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 8:00 pm

3 horse race now.
Plymouth Argyle
39 25 8 6 83 70 42 28 WinWinWinLossWin

Ipswich Town
39 23 12 4 81 78 31 47 WinWinWinWinWin

Sheffield Wednesday
40 23 12 5 81 68 32 36 DrawDrawDrawLossLoss

Barnsley
39 23 6 10 75 67 36 31 LossWinLossWinWin

Barnsley are 8 points behind with seven games to go, possible to catch us but very unlikely, Wednesday are really going to shite and long may it last. Must win at home to Lincoln on Monday hopefully we start playing the first half.

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley   The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2023 9:14 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
3 horse race now.
Plymouth Argyle
39 25 8 6 83 70 42 28 WinWinWinLossWin

Ipswich Town
39 23 12 4 81 78 31 47 WinWinWinWinWin

Sheffield Wednesday
40 23 12 5 81 68 32 36 DrawDrawDrawLossLoss

Barnsley
39 23 6 10 75 67 36 31 LossWinLossWinWin

Barnsley are 8 points behind with seven games to go, possible to catch us but very unlikely, Wednesday are really going to shite and long may it last. Must win at home to Lincoln on Monday hopefully we start playing the first half.

as stated before our fate is solely in our own hands if we do what we need to do it matters not what the others do as we go up. If either of those teams catch us up its because we screwed up.
7 games left.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley   The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 9:15 am

It’s nice that Yorkshire is having a collective bottle job so we don’t have to be perfect

Forget Ipswich unless league are going to take FFP seriously.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley   The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 9:52 am

It's the two nightmarish away games at Exeter and Shrewsbury that will decide whether we have a real chance at the autos or will be condemned to play-off misery.  I am not confident we'll get a single point from those two games combined.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley   The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 9:59 am

Freathy wrote:
It's the two nightmarish away games at Exeter and Shrewsbury that will decide whether we have a real chance at the autos or will be condemned to play-off misery.  I am not confident we'll get a single point from those two games combined.

'tis indeed similar to playing at Bayern Munich or Barcelona. Record low points total next season even if Argyle do go up, so what's the point of it all anyway? In fact, is there any point at all in being alive? Question
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley   The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 10:20 am

Greenskin wrote:
Freathy wrote:

'tis indeed similar to playing at Bayern Munich or Barcelona. Record low points total next season even if Argyle do go up, so what's the point of it all anyway? In fact, is there any point at all in being alive? Question

lol lol lol cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley   The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 10:27 am

Greenskin wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Being dead is difficult to reverse......so just give living a little longer.

Maybe you should stop playing golf.....as they say... golf is a good walk spoilt.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley   The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 10:55 am

If we had a full squad of players to select from then wouldn't be so worried.  But the list of seemingly long term injured is now becoming ridiculous.  Mumba, Grant, Cooper, Randell, Ennis, Bolton et al most, if not all, of whom are out for the season.  Exeter and Shrewsbury won't let us get away with yesterday's performance quite so lightly.  Home games not quite so concerned about but still all of them will be very tough especially with such a massively depleted squad.  There really does need to be an investigation why so many Argo players suffer long term injuries.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley   The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 12:02 pm

Freathy wrote:

I am not that worried about those two games, I reckon Argyle will win both.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley   The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Run-In For Sheffield, Ipswich And Barnsley
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3