HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who do you keep hold off?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry

Who do you keep hold off? Empty
PostSubject: Who do you keep hold off?   Who do you keep hold off? EmptySat Jan 28, 2023 6:00 pm

its dead on here atm due to no game this week so i thought i would ask this question now as the window will close on Tuesday at 23:00.

Take into account both possible scenarios at the end of the season either promotion or god forbid after all of this staying put in league one who do you keep hold off offer a new contract out of the players whos deals expire soon (as of today 28/1 if anyone signs a new deal or leaves after this) in the squad the list is below. I've taken out those under contract and the loan players.

James Bolton
Jordan Houghton
James Wilson (vice-captain)
Dan Scarr
Ryan Hardie
Danny Mayor
Niall Ennis
Conor Grant
Brendan Galloway
Ryan Law
Luke Jephcott
Adam Parkes
Finley Craske
Brandon Pursall

For me for both going up and staying put I can only really justify offering new deals too Houghton, Hardie, Scarr, Ennis. I would possibly offer one to Grant if he makes a return before the end of the season and does well in that time same with Mayor if he can chip in with some more assists and i would save money on signing a 3rd choice goalie and keep Parkes.

As for the others Galloway great defender not going to stay fit unfortunately to justify a new deal here  same for Bolton. i'm Not a fan of Wilson hes far too slow and costs us goals as a result too many times so i wouldnt offer him one, Law would be a shame to let go but i dont see him breaking into the first team next season hes better off finding a new club,  Jephcott just isnt going to cut it and hasnt taken this opportunity at swindon to change the clubs minds on his future here by upping his game and i doubt Swindon will sign him in the summer fwiw.  craske and pursall i dont know much about if we have a reserve team next season perhaps keep hold of them and loan them out to league clubs if not what would be the point in keeping them and sending them to teams like tavistock?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Who do you keep hold off?   Who do you keep hold off? EmptySat Jan 28, 2023 6:16 pm

Can't see Mayor, Wilson, Bolton, Grant, Law, Jephcott or the younger lads being regular picks if/when we go up. Which ones you keep depends on budgets and who else you can get in.

if the rumours are true about some of the fees paid out in this window, it looks like the new boys will be the core of the team next season.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Who do you keep hold off?   Who do you keep hold off? EmptySat Jan 28, 2023 6:24 pm

Cooper

Edwards New signing, Scarr, Gillesphy, Eardly
Houghton Randell
Wright Waine Wright

Subs Burton, Bolton, Wilson, Galloway, Grant Butcher, Matete? Ennis, Hardy looks like a good squad for next season.

I think PAFC have a good reputation for developing players (like Whittaker) so the new signings could be loanees from the Premiership.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Who do you keep hold off?   Who do you keep hold off? EmptySat Jan 28, 2023 6:54 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Can't see Mayor, Wilson, Bolton, Grant, Law, Jephcott or the younger lads being regular picks if/when we go up. Which ones you keep depends on budgets and who else you can get in.

if the rumours are true about some of the fees paid out in this window, it looks like the new boys will be the core of the team next season.

we will need a squad so that would play into aswell, Mayor if he could score and assist would be playing in the championship now. There is a piece in the local rag this week from dewsnip saying the budget is good next season regardless of the league obviously increased for the championship. We will need to be very smart transfer wise make sure we get the platers needed to give us a fighting chance.
Grovehill wrote:
Cooper

Edwards  New signing, Scarr, Gillesphy, Eardly
 Houghton Randell
Wright Waine Wright

Subs Burton, Bolton, Wilson, Galloway, Grant Butcher,  Matete?  Ennis, Hardy looks like a good squad for next season.

I think PAFC have a good reputation for developing players (like Whittaker) so the new signings could be loanees from the Premiership.

i do believe we will sign up another 5 on loan again next season from the prem on top of a few perms and if we are smart we wont agree to a recall clause without justification this time around. As for developing other teams players i would sooner the club found away of developing our young players in the same way persinally so we benefit from that more than another team but that wont come anytime soon its got to be worked on.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Who do you keep hold off?   Who do you keep hold off? EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 3:42 pm

Hardie and Ennis 2 year contract plus option
Dan Scarr same
Wilson 1 year
Mayor 1 year plus option
Houghton 1 year plus option
Bolton 6 months with a review

The rest move on
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Who do you keep hold off?   Who do you keep hold off? EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 4:55 pm

Mayor has to go, absolutely zero end product.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Who do you keep hold off?   Who do you keep hold off? EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 5:01 pm

I'd keep Mayor still better than a lot of what we have and it's not always about goals. As for the rest if they are good keep them if they are shite let them go. Randall is probably the only home grown player I would keep. And move Wilson on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who do you keep hold off?   Who do you keep hold off? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who do you keep hold off?
Page 1 of 1