RegGreen
Les Miserable
sufferedsince 68
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
RegGreen

Argo v Shit and no fans match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans match thread   Argo v Shit and no fans match thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2022 10:18 pm

4 points clear at the top a great win …is it to early to believe this could possibly happen ???
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans match thread   Argo v Shit and no fans match thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2022 10:32 pm

RegGreen wrote:
4 points clear at the top a great win …is it to early to believe this could possibly happen ???

Get through January without having the team dismantled and I think it will. Some team this is.
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans match thread   Argo v Shit and no fans match thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2022 10:38 pm

feckin get in!

They were the better side for an hour or so but schuey got the subs right yet again.

We could do this lads Smile
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans match thread   Argo v Shit and no fans match thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2022 10:43 pm

Terrific game for the Sky cameras, our quality won it in the end, great goals from Whittaker and Mumba, two clinical finishes from Hardie. Exeter were decent, quick and dangerous up front, but we were better.

Sky were very complimentary, Jobi Macanuff called us the best side in the league, Whittaker got their man of the match which was fair enough.

Great night and another 3 points. First time ever we've won 9 in a row at home.

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans match thread   Argo v Shit and no fans match thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2022 10:44 pm

Just got back soaked to the bone but very happy with the win and the manner in which we got it.

two defensive errors gifted them lot the goals they took them well but they never shoould have been presented with those gifts it was like watching the defence of old when wootton and canavan where our two defenders. scrappy first half for us took awhile to find our feet but when we clicked we showed why we are top of the league. What a goal from mumba thats one of the best ive seen at home park in a while.

Hardie needs a new contract now he made the big difference when he came on.

to be fair to them lot up the road they got somne good players especially that caprice fella they should be comfortable staying in league one this season if all goes to plan with their new boss i wouldnt rule out a push for the playoffs. We had to work for this win and that was great to see as it shows we got that never give up attitude and ability to change a game around.

very happy Smile
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans match thread   Argo v Shit and no fans match thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2022 10:56 pm

Angry wrote:
Just got back soaked to the bone but very happy with the win and the manner in which we got it.

two defensive errors gifted them lot the goals they took them well but they never shoould have been presented with those gifts it was like watching the defence of old when wootton and canavan where our two defenders. scrappy first half for us took awhile to find our feet but when we clicked we showed why we are top of the league. What a goal from mumba thats one of the best ive seen at home park in a while.

Hardie needs a new contract now he made the big difference when he came on.

to be fair to them lot up the road they got somne good players especially that caprice fella they should be comfortable staying in league one this season if all goes to plan with their new boss i wouldnt rule out a push for the playoffs. We had to work for this win and that was great to see as it shows we got that never give up attitude and ability to change a game around.

very happy Smile
thought the kite lad had a good game for em as well angers
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans match thread   Argo v Shit and no fans match thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2022 11:24 pm

Really glad I got a ticket for this one! Apart from the result and 4 superb finishes, it just was really good game of football played at a fast pace and a fantastic atmosphere. I know Schuey is a master tactician when it comes to changes at the right time but being able to bring on Hardie is real luxury the like of which we've never had at Argo before. Exeter fans very loud to begin with but not a peep out of them after we drew level for the second time and then went on to show them what real class is about. Mumba was the stand out player for me and thoroughly deserved MoM!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans match thread   Argo v Shit and no fans match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 6:54 am

Well after the euphoria dies down…

I thought we were 2nd best for most of the game tbh. Came on strong and the quality up front shone through in the end. But that was one of the most error-strewn performances we’ve had all season, gifting them the two chances they took. Not playing particularly well and winning is a great trait, but we need to get back to the kind of performances that we showed in beating the top teams in August and September.

Teams are clearly raising their game when they play us. Rovers Shrewsbury and City’s manager tonight have all lauded their team’s performance against us. Azaz was a big miss for us with his energy so hopefully he ain’t missing for too long.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans match thread   Argo v Shit and no fans match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 7:29 am

Very Happy Some sort of personality swap going on in the last two posts?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans match thread   Argo v Shit and no fans match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 8:07 am

I watched it on the radio, but must admit when we went 1 -2 down I started to feel pessimistic about getting something out of the game. But the crucial factor is our depth of the squad, we won because we had a better-quality squad and could plan in a quality substitution like Hardie.
Credit to Exeter though they have also recruited well, Caldwell is an experienced manager I suspect they may be lurking around the playoffs. But still a long way off for both teams.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans match thread   Argo v Shit and no fans match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 8:11 am

Greenskin wrote:
There were plenty of mistakes and poor passing like at the last match I managed to get to v Accrington.  And not dominating teams is getting a worry and we will come unstuck sooner or later even against much lower placed opposition.  But the finishing is on a different level to most teams in this division.  Have to say Mumba looks like he certainly wouldn't look out of place in the Championship and Norwich will clearly be monitoring his performances.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans match thread   Argo v Shit and no fans match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 8:12 am

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans match thread   Argo v Shit and no fans match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 8:35 am

Greenskin wrote:

Very Happy

I’ll always try and be objective! The draw at Rover was the most we deserved after getting mullered in the 2nd half, and we limped over the line against the mighty Shrewsbury. I’ll watch the game back on telly today, but watching it at the ground you’d have been hard pressed to see it was 1st v 10th for the first hour. I thought they more than matched us.

What is so pleasing though is the quality we have in abundance up top, and that turned out to be the difference last night.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans match thread   Argo v Shit and no fans match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 8:36 am

Fantastic game but once again sloppy passing and defending and getting out of jail due to some well taken goals and quality up top at the right moments.

City are a useful side, maybe they were pumped up for this in front of the best away support from them I can remember.

That said whilst they've got goals in them and Stansfield I felt was one of the best players on the pitch, their defence and Goalkeeper are useless and that's what cost them the game.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans match thread   Argo v Shit and no fans match thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 9:50 am

We've certainly not been at our best since the first half against brizzle rovers but as has been said, still managing to grind out wins. Was never going to be easy against them lot, it's their cup final and they are certainly good enough to avoid relegation. Defencively we need to get back to the drawing board organisation wise, the players are good enough although mumba can be a liability, as good as he is going forward. A word for hardie who I've been a bit critical of recently, thought he's looked a bit lost up top alone at times and lethargic at others but last night he took his 2 goals superbly and looked back to his best, form is temporary class is permanent and all that. A great night despite only being able to get a ticket for the demport and thus being virtually surrounded by foul mouthed pre pubescent cretins Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argo v Shit and no fans match thread   Argo v Shit and no fans match thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argo v Shit and no fans match thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3