Freathy
Tgwu
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jethro

Jethro

PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC    PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 6:29 pm

Angry wrote:
a good win for us. Very lively in the first half took our foot of the gas somewhat in the second but never looked too bothered by Barnsley. Very impressed by the new Mayor role that works a treat for him and Azaz is going to be a cult hero here he is really good and took his goal very well. Hardie worked hard in his new role with Mayor and Azaz alongside him still needs to take his chances better as again he had a clear shot on goal and took too long and too many touches to have a crack allowing the goalie and the defender chasing him down to intervene. If that trio clicks and Hardie takes his gifted chances more scoring goals wont be a problem for us. Not convinced if anything happens to Hardie Jephcott or Ennis would be able to score the goals to make good on mayor and Azaz ground work so come January one i feel will be moved on to bring in another striker.

Mumba looked great playing at LWB but i think hes going to be a target this season as he gives me the impression he will react too much if he gets leaned on by the other team looking for freekicks or his sending off. Butcher played well alongside Randall leaving it a task for Camara to get back in that team now should he still be here after the window closes, Houghton too will have to step it up.

Defence had a few iffy moments due to communication between each other and getting caught out few tiomes due to barnsley attacks when they ran at them but that aside they still did the job needed.

overall good start to the season, clean sheet and 3 points cant go wrong with and as a bonus 14000 plus in attendance and blocks 3-4 and 17 didnt let me down and still cant sing anything new to save theirs lives lol.

also having seen the frame work where the new tv screen based on first impressions that seems too small to be showing footage that everyone will clearly see if the tv they arent using zoom in features on key moments. But we shall see when its up and running.

Your arse must be jealous of your mouth the amount of shit you chat.

What new songs did the Devonport sing then ?

Sounded like the same old back catalogue to me.

I'l answer myself cause you are blind as well as stupid.

Yeah Jethro they didn't sing anything new either.

Looks like a one way ticket to the moanflower for angry the ****.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC    PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 7:02 pm

Jethro wrote:
Angry wrote:
a good win for us. Very lively in the first half took our foot of the gas somewhat in the second but never looked too bothered by Barnsley. Very impressed by the new Mayor role that works a treat for him and Azaz is going to be a cult hero here he is really good and took his goal very well. Hardie worked hard in his new role with Mayor and Azaz alongside him still needs to take his chances better as again he had a clear shot on goal and took too long and too many touches to have a crack allowing the goalie and the defender chasing him down to intervene. If that trio clicks and Hardie takes his gifted chances more scoring goals wont be a problem for us. Not convinced if anything happens to Hardie Jephcott or Ennis would be able to score the goals to make good on mayor and Azaz ground work so come January one i feel will be moved on to bring in another striker.

Mumba looked great playing at LWB but i think hes going to be a target this season as he gives me the impression he will react too much if he gets leaned on by the other team looking for freekicks or his sending off. Butcher played well alongside Randall leaving it a task for Camara to get back in that team now should he still be here after the window closes, Houghton too will have to step it up.

Defence had a few iffy moments due to communication between each other and getting caught out few tiomes due to barnsley attacks when they ran at them but that aside they still did the job needed.

overall good start to the season, clean sheet and 3 points cant go wrong with and as a bonus 14000 plus in attendance and blocks 3-4 and 17 didnt let me down and still cant sing anything new to save theirs lives lol.

also having seen the frame work where the new tv screen based on first impressions that seems too small to be showing footage that everyone will clearly see if the tv they arent using zoom in features on key moments. But we shall see when its up and running.

Spectacular own goal there Jeffers Angry was saying the Devonport DIDN'T sing any new songs. lol!

Anyway great result, always good to start the season that way. Got the monkey off our backs.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC    PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 7:03 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Good win, we have borrowed some quality players.

yeap it will be sad to see them go in May alongside most of the squad at the moment as their contracts are up too.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC    PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 7:06 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Angry wrote:

Spectacular own goal there Jeffers Angry was saying the Devonport DIDN'T sing any new songs. lol!

Anyway great result, always good to start the season that way. Got the monkey off our backs.

rolllaugh rolllaugh rolllaugh rolllaugh rolllaugh rolllaugh and the best thing is you quoting him so he cant change his post that he twatted himself in lol nice one ears
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC    PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 7:06 pm

Quite an impressive start- Barnsley were surprisingly poor or did Argyle make them look that way, time will tell. All of the newbies impressed at different times, fantastic strike from Azaz who could easily have had a couple more, he certainly looks to be a major asset. Defence was only troubled a few times but the underside of the bar, a superb goal line clearance from Gilesphey and a decent save from Coops ensured that the points deservedly went Argyle's way. Bit of a scare towards the end when they claimed that the ball was over the line but the attack shouldn't have been taking place anyway due to a shocking throw in decision from the linesman on the Lyndhurst side and there were certainly grounds for an Argyle penalty in the first half for a shove on Mayor, so maybe things evened themselves out and justice was done. All good today and onwards and upwards.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC    PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 8:37 pm

Jethro wrote:
Angry wrote:

Enough Jethro!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC    PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 9:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

i am surprised a little they didnt included Hardie's one on one chance he ballsed up taking too long to shoot but never mind its not important.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC    PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 10:28 pm

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC    PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 10:49 pm

Should have been penalties for both teams-is shoving someone in the back [the one on Mayor's not in these highlights but Scarr clearly pushes their bloke when Cooper made that one on one save] a legal part of the game now? I suppose a case could vaguely be made for advantage being played as both players got their shots in but being shoved in the back is not really ideal to get a balanced strike. Puzzling.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC    PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2022 8:40 am

Greenskin wrote:
Should have been penalties for both teams-is shoving someone in the back [the one on Mayor's not in these highlights but Scarr clearly pushes their bloke when Cooper made that one on one save] a legal part of the game now? I suppose a case could vaguely be made for advantage being played as both players got their shots in but being shoved in the back is not really ideal to get a balanced strike. Puzzling.

I agree. From my angle where i was sat i saw the Scarr push he was very lucky not to give Barnsley a penalty as it was blatant and not even an attempt to tackle him and if he did that would have been another strong call for a pen. Very lucky.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC    PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2022 8:57 am

Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

I agree. From my angle where i was sat  i saw the Scarr push he was very lucky not to give Barnsley a penalty as it was blatant and not even an attempt to tackle him and if he did that would have been another strong call for a pen. Very lucky.

Evens itself, Mayor’s shove in the back should also have been a penalty
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC    PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2022 9:17 am

Excellent goal. Blmey some big misses there also.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC    PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2022 9:31 am

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

I agree. From my angle where i was sat  i saw the Scarr push he was very lucky not to give Barnsley a penalty as it was blatant and not even an attempt to tackle him and if he did that would have been another strong call for a pen. Very lucky.

I stated that in my post but the point is why aren't referees giving these obvious decisions? A friend of mine was a local referee for many years, not an Argyle fan but who watched the televised match against Sunderland last season and was amazed that Argyle didn't get a penalty for a push as blatant as the two yesterday. Shoulder to shoulder is fine but these are just clear fouls unless i've missed something about reinterpreting the definition of a foul.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC    PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2022 10:18 am

If Scarr's push is not a penalty I don't know what is a penalty.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC    PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2022 10:22 am

Thing is if the ref doesn't blow for the first obvious penalty how does he know he will get another one to even things up anyway?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC    PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2022 11:18 am

Freathy wrote:
Going to be an extremely tough afternoon but Argo have just about enough to force a very hard earned 0-0.

Got that one wrong Freathy, I must say though that I did not know what to expect from Barnsley having just come down with comings and goings during the summer.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC    PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2022 11:24 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Thought that was pretty good overall. We looked confident on the ball and caused them all sorts of problems with Mayor and Azaz coming from deeper. Mumba looks a real find and a word for Gillesphey who came up with a couple of great blocks at crucial times.

Yes, we should have won more comfortably, but a couple of the best chances fell to Edwards, and on a different day may have gone in.

3 points, clean sheet, can't ask for much more.

Argyle never really looked troubled by Barnsley. OK performance and three points. Good crowd for the opening game, despite the rail strike.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC    PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2022 11:49 am

Talking about crowds,Yesterday attendance at Home Park was 14,624 including 932 from Barnsley.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC    PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2022 12:01 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

I stated that in my post but the point is why aren't referees giving these obvious decisions? A friend of mine was a local referee for many years, not an Argyle fan but who watched the televised match against Sunderland last season and was amazed that Argyle didn't get a penalty for a push as blatant as the two yesterday. Shoulder to shoulder is fine but these are just clear fouls unless i've missed something about reinterpreting the definition of a foul.

I used to referee up to the old western league level and as far as I can tell it’s to do with the refs position, he’s looking from a different perspective than us, as for levelling out, the refs not looking to even it out but it’s these types of issues that tend to even out by chance
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC    PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2022 12:04 pm

Watched the high lights and goal on the new ITV show which was ok. Watched the charity shield game and Liverpool were very good City not so good but played well. Some very useful new players for both sides but the commentary team of matterface and carney was just shit. Far too much chit chat on subjects about the game and not enough on what was happening on the pitch. Usual ITV fare.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC    PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2022 12:29 pm

Graiser wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

I used to referee up to the old western league level and as far as I can tell it’s to do with the refs position, he’s looking from a different perspective than us, as for levelling out, the refs not looking to even it out but it’s these types of issues that tend to even out by chance

We see these things from about 150m away from us and the ref sees them from 10 to 20m away, fair enough they won't get them all but they miss, or bottle more likely, loads of pens that would be given instantly in the prem because they know if they give them VAR will over rule them.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC    PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2022 12:36 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Watched the high lights and goal on the new ITV show which was ok. Watched the charity shield game and Liverpool were very good City not so good but played well. Some very useful new players for both sides but the commentary team of matterface and carney was just shit. Far too much chit chat on subjects about the game and not enough on what was happening on the pitch. Usual ITV fare.
They are all shit these days, where's Alan Green?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC    PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2022 12:40 pm

[quote="akagreengull"]
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
They are all shit these days, where's Alan Green?
Oh yes BBC thought he was a bit old school.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC    PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2022 2:22 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Excellent goal. Blmey some big misses there also.

Cracking goal. Some decent chances created and those should have been put away.

Long way to go yet, plenty of time for improvement.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC    PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 31, 2022 2:29 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

The Cardiff City V Norwich City game was a tad feisty, ref there had plenty to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC    PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

PLYMOUTH ARGYLE V BARNSLEY FC
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next