Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred.

Go down 
+13
Freathy
Mook
Angry
Greenskin
VillageGreen
Les Miserable
PlymptonPilgrim
sufferedsince 68
akagreengull
Grovehill
RegGreen
Dog Bone Malone
Earwegoagain
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred. Empty
PostSubject: Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred.   Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred. EmptySat Apr 30, 2022 12:27 pm

Well it's the big one here at last, they don't make days like these, jumpers for goalposts ECT. ECT. Is this going to be the day the dribbling avivas come good with their wild optimism or will Freathy be celebrating in his cliff top shed with an extra sugar in his Ovaltine sipping smugly? Time will tell.
Starting with Garrick and Jeppers with Broom back Next to Sessegnon where I thought they looked good v Sunderland. Edwards on the bench along with Hardie and Enniss looks more like an impact bench although I'm sure injuries play a part in Shoey thinking.
Franchise scum will be up for this but will so will we so I am going for a cagey 2 1 with Jeppers and Hardie bagging the goals. COYG.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred.   Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred. EmptySat Apr 30, 2022 12:56 pm

Well they have their goal Argo down to seventh.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred.   Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred. EmptySat Apr 30, 2022 1:15 pm

That'll be that then! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred.   Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred. EmptySat Apr 30, 2022 1:15 pm

Well that’s F#%King that then 😡
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred.   Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred. EmptySat Apr 30, 2022 1:19 pm

0-3, Houghton sent off, Freathy must be in Heaven
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred.   Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred. EmptySat Apr 30, 2022 1:20 pm

FFS.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred.   Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred. EmptySat Apr 30, 2022 1:22 pm

Even Wycombe winning in fact top six all winning.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred.   Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred. EmptySat Apr 30, 2022 1:54 pm

I think Freathy just had another orgasam 0 - 4
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred.   Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred. EmptySat Apr 30, 2022 2:44 pm

Fookin pathetic Shoeman, if thats the best you can do then i fear for us next season,
Argo should have made the playoffs and you blew it.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred.   Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred. EmptySat Apr 30, 2022 2:49 pm

Oh well, that's that then. Hugely disappointing end to what has been a terrific season, but fair play to MK, who were the best side we've seen down here all season. You had the feeling that all wasn't right when Jephcott missed two open goals before they scored their first, and how costly did that prove to be.

The sending off was stupid, firstly Houghton getting caught in possession, then the ref having his mind changed by their players. One of a number of odd decisions by another ref who didn't understand the word advantage. That killed the game, they just kept the ball and we didn't threaten at all second half.

I'm sure there will be a few saying 'told you so' on here, but that doesn't distract from what has been a brilliant season for Argyle, and for a team to get 80 points and not get into the play offs at least is virtually unheard of.

Great effort all season long and it has been the most enjoyable one for many years.

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred.   Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred. EmptySat Apr 30, 2022 2:55 pm

The fans applaud the players, the players applaud the fans, blah blah blah. Cooper still got helluva lot to learn, Houghton out, never been a fan and he's got worse as the season has gone on, his set pieces are some of the worst I've ever seen. Gillesphey struggled with their pace today, jephers got into some decent places early on but wasn't his day. Terrible overall team performance, Shoe E did very well until his award and then ut went tits up, he's no Lowe that's for sure when it comes to getting the players up and at it and us ripping other teams apart, but I'd stick with him for next season.

Not even freathys pessimistic half brother tregantle would've predicted that shitshow.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred.   Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred. EmptySat Apr 30, 2022 2:56 pm

Ps ... that is my synopsis up until the 4th went in, couldn't tell you what happened after that.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred.   Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred. EmptySat Apr 30, 2022 3:01 pm

For most of the Argyle team, this was the biggest game they've ever played in.

That was the difference today.

Come to think of it, the same applies to the management team.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred.   Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred. EmptySat Apr 30, 2022 3:16 pm

It was not meant to be Sad . Bit of an anti-climax but, in general it has been a good season considering.

Let's hope that the club can push on next season and not have a ''after the Lord mayor's show''.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred.   Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred. EmptySat Apr 30, 2022 3:25 pm

Beaten by a better team but after being in the top six pretty well all season must be seen as falling short, I mean FFS one game away from playoffs. We have a lot to learn and Hallett needs to get his cheque book out if we have any chance to become a team like MK I know we were missing key players through injury but that's why you have a squad and we don't have a squad. Need a good clear out in the summer get rid of the crocks and the nearly men and add some more quality.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred.   Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred. EmptySat Apr 30, 2022 3:37 pm

Freathy must have come at least 5 times this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred.   Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred. EmptySat Apr 30, 2022 4:26 pm

Well that was a fecking trauma. Funnily enough, Argyle started the game really well and were as fluent going forwards as they have been in ages. But the finishing...you have to say that Jeffers had a mare and Mr Twine didn't do him any favours in comparison by the clinical way in which he buried the ball in the net four times. Naivety in giving away free kicks in dangerous positions, bad marking from corners allied to the misses and sending off of Houghton made it an utter disaster, can't remember everything going as badly in a big game even for Argyle. Left after the fourth goal, completely predictable what would happen and couldn't stomach any more of their poxy fans partying in our backyard. No excuses because Argyle dug their own grave but that referee was a total shithouse-the sign of a decent official who has sound knowledge of the game as well as the laws is the ability to know how to use the advantage rule and this bloke was a complete ignoramus at least twice when Argyle had decent breaks but instead were given free kicks in poor positions, thought Houghton's misdemeanours were innocuous at worst too.

Difficult to rationalise things at the moment but clearly the loss of Edwards, Camara, Grant and Hardie at a crucial stage of the season were hugely detrimental to Argyle's chances and must be food for thought when planning for both squad quality and numbers start for next season. Schuey made a point of saying in the press that MKD strengthened in the January window and that has obviously benefitted them-with the income generated from the cup run and the live games this season allied to the much vaunted corporate facilities money, you would hope that Argyle will be in a position to recruit some genuine quality and depth during the summer because it will be needed to support a more sustained push next year. Ultimately it was a valiant [and very unlucky bearing in mind the 80 points garnered] effort this season and congratulations rather than condemnation are due in spite of todays awful anticlimax.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred.   Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred. EmptySat Apr 30, 2022 4:41 pm

i walked out after the 5th goal i was embarrassed too much to stay till the end.

Absolute feckin shit from the team today and dam right insulting that they cant be motivated to be up for a match like today and instead acted as if they were relegated bottom of the league and they were there just to fulfil the fixture ready to go on there holidays. The only two players who tried were Mayor and Randall when he came on.

Jephcott i truly hope the club move him on as he isnt getting any better he peaked two seasons ago with that purple patch. too slow uninterested and unfit all season not the attitude of a player i want at the club next season. If at his age you cant last a whole game despite doing sod all but jog i would question whether you want to be a professional footballer.

I can accept losing to the better team and to give the franchise credit they where light years ahead of us all over the pitch they wanted this win and it meant something to them to get it,  that belief was missing from our players who again acted like a relegated team and to me thats what makes me so pissed off with the result.
Not to mention the singing of going to forest green and blaming the ref for the result, which yeah that ref was shit but we where playing poorly without his help regardless, Houghton deserved his sending off for two stupid challenges in front of him so he will be missing for our opening match next season. Apparently there where fights in the stands between fans and outside the ground. Looked at my phone to see Simon Hallet's wife was criticsing the fans on twitter for leaving early during that shit show on display and thankfully there are some sensible argyle fans who told her to piss off and not agree with her.

a shit way to end what overall was a very good season indeed and totally achieved more than what was expected, the fact we didnt strengthen in January killed any hope we had of being in the playoffs or promotion sadly as this squad was shot as we approached the final 10 games we had nothing new to offer or anyone fresh to add to the mix where our rivals did. Maybe the janner mentality at the club might address this jan 2023 i pray so. I do see us losing one or two key players but we need to keep hold of the core as much as possible no breaking it up. We need a proper squad with real cover, depth and competition and introduction of reserve football so players not playing in the side have somewhere to get game time as away of keeping match fit and catch the managers eye or injured players can build up fitness rather than just thrown into the fire as soon as they pass the basic fitness test.

Its Very clear we have the foundation of a good squad right now we need to add to it well over the summer and up to the deadline day and if we dont after the club stating the raise in ticket prices and new sponsorship deal was to increase the transfer budget more so then i think the honeymoon period for Simon Hallett may be over in the eyes of fans if his wife hasn't done that for him with her stupid tweets.

One thing concerns me slightly is the fans and schuey and really hope next season they dont make him a carl fletcher mark 2 if things aren't going well as today singing happy birthday to a manager who did nothing to try and salvage a trashing was almost like hearing the old "we're plymouth argyle we're trying our best" shit and taking the shoes off and other chants was good in one way to shoew support but in other ways worrying hes getting a free ride and if we dont start off well next season the fans will back him more than they will the team ala carl fletcher because they like him.

overall shit end to a great season and no tgwu dont bother with the highlights today there were none lol.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred.   Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred. EmptySat Apr 30, 2022 4:51 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Well that was a fecking trauma. Funnily enough, Argyle started the game really well and were as fluent going forwards as they have been in ages. But the finishing...you have to say that Jeffers had a mare and Mr Twine didn't do him any favours in comparison by the clinical way in which he buried the ball in the net four times. Naivety in giving away free kicks in dangerous positions, bad marking from corners allied to the misses and sending off of Houghton made it an utter disaster, can't remember everything going as badly in a big game even for Argyle. Left after the fourth goal, completely predictable what would happen and couldn't stomach any more of their poxy fans partying in our backyard. No excuses because Argyle dug their own grave but that referee was a total shithouse-the sign of a decent official who has sound knowledge of the game as well as the laws is the ability to know how to use the advantage rule and this bloke was a complete ignoramus at least twice when Argyle had decent breaks but instead were given free kicks in poor positions, thought Houghton's misdemeanours were innocuous at worst too.

Difficult to rationalise things at the moment but clearly the loss of Edwards, Camara, Grant and Hardie at a crucial stage of the season were hugely detrimental to Argyle's chances and must  be food for thought when planning for both squad quality and numbers start for next season. Schuey made a point of saying in the press that MKD strengthened in the January window and that has obviously benefitted them-with the income generated from the cup run and the live games this season allied to the much vaunted corporate facilities money, you would hope that Argyle will be in a position to recruit some genuine quality and depth during the summer because it will be needed to support a more sustained push next year. Ultimately it was a valiant and very unlucky bearing in mind the 80 points garnered] effort this season and congratulations rather than condemnation are due in spite of todays awful anticlimax.

Can't complain with that.

I just hope that next season does not see Argyle struggling at the wrong end of the table in a ''after the Lord Mayor's show'' scenario - i look forward to the opinions of Freathy on that one
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred.   Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred. EmptySat Apr 30, 2022 4:59 pm

At least Sumerzett are on the vergé of winning today. Had a great day at Taunton on Thursday.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred.   Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred. EmptySat Apr 30, 2022 5:20 pm

akagreengull wrote:
At least Sumerzett are on the vergé of winning today. Had a great day at Taunton on Thursday.

They won. Did you know that all of their matches are streamed on youtube now? Watched the last couple of wickets go after getting home today. Coverage isn't in the Sky class or anything but it's good enough.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred.   Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred. EmptySat Apr 30, 2022 5:46 pm

Thanks mate, for reminding me of the livestream. Hopefully the cidermen get the season going now. Love it up there as a days top flight sport.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred.   Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred. EmptySat Apr 30, 2022 6:06 pm

wish i knew of that earlier i would have watched.
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred.   Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred. EmptySat Apr 30, 2022 6:25 pm

Feckin typical Argo. All you can say really
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred.   Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred. EmptySat Apr 30, 2022 6:31 pm

Expected a defeat but never thought we'd be quite as bad as that today. Even though key players are out injured there is absolutely no excuse for that pathetic 'performance'. Wycombe fully deserve their place in the play-offs as they will at least be able to compete against the other teams.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred.   Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred. Empty

Back to top Go down

Ooo the fookin ell are yoo? Argo v Scum massive match day Fred.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next