Jethro
Greenskin
Earwegoagain
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Football programs on the way out? Empty
PostSubject: Football programs on the way out?   Football programs on the way out? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 10:47 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Funny that I came across this story this morning, whilst at the Oxford match with one of my bheys he asked where the program sellers were, I hadn't thought about it before but I haven't seen one since before Covid. Used to have to buy one for the bhey every single game, he has boxes of them in my loft, all through the Luggy days up until after when Brent spoilt our club. Must have cost me thousands. I think clubs have gone to digital content but I can't see anybody selling an online version in twenty years time.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Football programs on the way out?   Football programs on the way out? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 11:36 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Funny that I came across this story this morning, whilst at the Oxford match with one of my bheys he asked where the program sellers were, I hadn't thought about it before but I haven't seen one since before Covid. Used to have to buy one for the bhey every single game, he has boxes of them in my loft, all through the Luggy days up until after when Brent spoilt our club. Must have cost me thousands. I think clubs have gone to digital content but I can't see anybody selling an online version in twenty years time.

They're there, usually on the corner outside the Devonport and Lyndy where the kids play football and further on after you get frisked and where the first steps are. Only bought one for a couple of games this season, used to be a regular and have thousands here somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Football programs on the way out?   Football programs on the way out? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 3:16 pm

Always one level with the memorials bricks on the left or half way down back of the Lyndhurst
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football programs on the way out?   Football programs on the way out? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 4:26 pm

Always a kiddie behind the Lyndhurst top of the steps flogging them
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Football programs on the way out?   Football programs on the way out? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 4:34 pm

Walked up through Barn Park and up the steps didn't see any. From what the article says it's Prem and CCC clubs are going virtual.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Football programs on the way out?   Football programs on the way out? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 5:34 pm

stopped buying them years ago and more so when plebb and friends got peggy kicked off it.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Football programs on the way out?   Football programs on the way out? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 8:28 am

I ended up with boxes of them also, quite good to read them on the train back to Newton post match, I always thought the Argo programmes were pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Football programs on the way out?   Football programs on the way out? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 9:09 am

They are still selling them corner of Demport/Lyndy and Mayflower/Life Centre but I would imagine since smart phones there is less requirement for half time reading material or team line ups. Other than the FA cup games I haven't bought on in years. I do have the Stourbridge one lying about somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Football programs on the way out?   Football programs on the way out? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 10:32 am

It just shows how the internet has changed football news content. Like I said before I would always buy a program for the bhey and before that for myself, Rub of the green was must have reading at a certain time as well. Back in the day news was gleaned from Sunday Independent to read match reports then Western morning news on Monday morning, WMN was the go to place for Argyle news generally where as now it's this place, PAFC itself and the biggest improvement being the sky video highlights viewed on the PC. It's changed a hell of a lot in the last twenty years.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Football programs on the way out?   Football programs on the way out? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 12:50 pm

Same with anything really. How many people under 50 still buy newspapers any more?

Pointless really paying out to read 24hr-old news, when there is instantaneous news available everywhere for free.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Football programs on the way out?   Football programs on the way out? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 9:47 pm

I stop buying em when jimmy took the reins
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Football programs on the way out?   Football programs on the way out? EmptySat Apr 09, 2022 5:47 am

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
They are still selling them corner of Demport/Lyndy and Mayflower/Life Centre but I would imagine since smart phones there is less requirement for half time reading material or team line ups. Other than the FA cup games I haven't bought on in years. I do have the Stourbridge one lying about somewhere.

That's if you can get any signal in the ground.
Very poor on 02 at least
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Football programs on the way out?   Football programs on the way out? EmptySat Apr 09, 2022 11:55 am

Jethro wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:

Very poor on 02 at least

EE isnt much better
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Football programs on the way out?   Football programs on the way out? EmptySat Apr 09, 2022 12:47 pm

Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:

Very poor on 02 at least

EE isnt much better
yeah I second that About EE to absolutely useless the signal
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Football programs on the way out?   Football programs on the way out? EmptySat Apr 09, 2022 1:11 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:

Very poor on 02 at least

EE isnt much better

outside it works fine for me but inside the stadium its dreadful yet their are kids livestreaming with no issues around me lol
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Football programs on the way out?   Football programs on the way out? EmptySat Apr 09, 2022 1:12 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:

Very poor on 02 at least

EE isnt much better

Not sure if it's bad signal or ten thousand people on their phones at once that's the problem? When I left the game last week I tried checking the other scores and it took ages to load, looked about and every other person was doing the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Football programs on the way out?   Football programs on the way out? EmptySat Apr 09, 2022 1:19 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:

Very poor on 02 at least

EE isnt much better

Not sure if it's bad signal or ten thousand people on their phones at once that's the problem? When I left the game last week I tried checking the other scores and it took ages to load, looked about and every other person was doing the same thing.

thar would play apart but other networks work fine in there as i said already some kids live stream near me and dont suffer like those on o2 and ee.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Football programs on the way out?   Football programs on the way out? Empty

Back to top Go down

Football programs on the way out?
Page 1 of 1