Adam Randall

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry

Adam Randall Empty
PostSubject: Adam Randall   Adam Randall EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 8:07 pm

Has signed a new contract with the club till 2024.

good news

Adam pens new deal

the link wrote:
Academy graduate Adam Randell has penned a new two and a half year contract at Argyle, keeping him at Home Park until the summer of 2024.

The midfielder, who has been at the club since the age of nine, has emerged as a key member of Steven Schumacher’s first team this season.

Having made his debut against Newport County in the Papa John’s Trophy back in 2018, Adam has gone on to make 31 appearances for his boyhood club, scoring one goal in the process.

That goal came against Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough and saw Adam curl a free kick past Northern Ireland international goalkeeper, Bailey Peacock-Farrell.

Adam spent the entirety of the 2020/21 season on loan at Vanarama National League side Torquay United and was an almost ever present as the Gulls reached the play off final.

Gaining valuable first team experience, Adam won Torquay’s Young Player of the Year award, scoring three goals in 50 appearances.

Those performances at Plainmoor were enough for the former Stoke Damerel pupil to force his way into the Argyle first team.

He made his full league debut for the Greens in a 2-1 win over Ipswich Town, which also saw Adam claim the Player of the Match award.

His performances for Argyle led to the 21 year old winning the club’s January Player of the Month award.

He is the third Academy graduate after Mike Cooper and Luke Jephcott to sign long terms deals at the club, further underlining the work the Academy is doing.

On signing his new deal, Adam said, “I am really pleased and hugely proud to have signed a new contract.

"I’m looking forward to continuing the hard work and contributing as much as I can to the success of the team.

"I grew up wanting to be here and play at Home Park, so to commit to doing that for another two and a half years means I get to continue living my dream."

Steven Schumacher added, “We are delighted that Adam has signed a new contract at Argyle.

“He has shown, this season, that he is ready to make that step up and become a regular member of the first team.

“It’s fantastic that one of our own players has progressed through the Academy system and I am sure he will become an important part of our team going forward.

“The challenge for Adam now, is to continue his development and make a starting place in our midfield his own.”

While Director of Football, Neil Dewsnip said, “It is a really positive sign from all senior staff at the club to say that we want local talent to be a big part of our first team going forward.

“Adam’s new deal reinforces our desire to get more local lads playing in our squad and underlines the progress made in producing local talent.

“We want Adam to go on and do what Mike Cooper and Luke Jephcott have done and become a role model for all young players at the club.

“Adam has definitely earned this new deal with his top quality performances in recent matches.”

Congratulations Adam!
Back to top Go down

Adam Randall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Randall   Adam Randall EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 8:39 pm

Angry wrote:

good news

Adam pens new deal

the link wrote:
Academy graduate Adam Randell has penned a new two and a half year contract at Argyle, keeping him at Home Park until the summer of 2024.

The midfielder, who has been at the club since the age of nine, has emerged as a key member of Steven Schumacher’s first team this season.

Having made his debut against Newport County in the Papa John’s Trophy back in 2018, Adam has gone on to make 31 appearances for his boyhood club, scoring one goal in the process.

That goal came against Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough and saw Adam curl a free kick past Northern Ireland international goalkeeper, Bailey Peacock-Farrell.

Adam spent the entirety of the 2020/21 season on loan at Vanarama National League side Torquay United and was an almost ever present as the Gulls reached the play off final.

Gaining valuable first team experience, Adam won Torquay’s Young Player of the Year award, scoring three goals in 50 appearances.

Those performances at Plainmoor were enough for the former Stoke Damerel pupil to force his way into the Argyle first team.

He made his full league debut for the Greens in a 2-1 win over Ipswich Town, which also saw Adam claim the Player of the Match award.

His performances for Argyle led to the 21 year old winning the club’s January Player of the Month award.

He is the third Academy graduate after Mike Cooper and Luke Jephcott to sign long terms deals at the club, further underlining the work the Academy is doing.

On signing his new deal, Adam said, “I am really pleased and hugely proud to have signed a new contract.

"I’m looking forward to continuing the hard work and contributing as much as I can to the success of the team.

"I grew up wanting to be here and play at Home Park, so to commit to doing that for another two and a half years means I get to continue living my dream."

Steven Schumacher added, “We are delighted that Adam has signed a new contract at Argyle.

“He has shown, this season, that he is ready to make that step up and become a regular member of the first team.

“It’s fantastic that one of our own players has progressed through the Academy system and I am sure he will become an important part of our team going forward.

“The challenge for Adam now, is to continue his development and make a starting place in our midfield his own.”

While Director of Football, Neil Dewsnip said, “It is a really positive sign from all senior staff at the club to say that we want local talent to be a big part of our first team going forward.

“Adam’s new deal reinforces our desire to get more local lads playing in our squad and underlines the progress made in producing local talent.

“We want Adam to go on and do what Mike Cooper and Luke Jephcott have done and become a role model for all young players at the club.

“Adam has definitely earned this new deal with his top quality performances in recent matches.”

Congratulations Adam!

Very good news.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Adam Randall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Randall   Adam Randall EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 10:21 pm

Excellent news having said that if anyone offered us a tenner for him I'd bite their hand off. Next January obvs.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Adam Randall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Randall   Adam Randall EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 10:35 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:

good news

Adam pens new deal

the link wrote:

Congratulations Adam!

Very good news.

hopefully more to come in the not too distant future
Back to top Go down

Adam Randall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Randall   Adam Randall EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 11:24 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:

good news

Adam pens new deal

the link wrote:

Congratulations Adam!

Very good news.

hopefully more to come in the not too distant future

I’m sure there will be, can’t remember when we had so many of our youth players establishing themselves in the first team.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Adam Randall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Randall   Adam Randall EmptySat Feb 19, 2022 12:51 am

On to a winner with rands this season not seen him as a kid hes got a good mind on him houghtons gonna have a tough job keeping his shirt
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Adam Randall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Randall   Adam Randall EmptySat Feb 19, 2022 11:45 am

Great news!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Adam Randall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adam Randall   Adam Randall Empty

Back to top Go down

Adam Randall
Page 1 of 1