Dog Bone Malone
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

Ukraine Empty
PostSubject: Ukraine   Ukraine EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 11:18 am

I keep hearing old Vlad's invasion is imminent. According to the press's war machine propaganda unit, it's been imminent for about 6 weeks now. I mean How imminent is imminent?

The scummy media are desperate for a war, so it seems. I think old Vlad's on a massive wind up to test NATO's sketchy resolve.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Ukraine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 12:47 pm

Imminent as in the threats to sue ATD means feck all happens.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Ukraine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 12:59 pm

I do hope that you are both right but I think if Putin is determined to invade he will because he knows the west won't go to war against Russia to protect Ukraine and nor do I think we should.
Johnson should shut the fook up and worry about sorting our problems not trying to be some kind of global leader.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

Ukraine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 2:28 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
I do hope that you are both right but I think if Putin is determined to invade he will because he knows the west won't go to war against Russia to protect Ukraine and nor do I think we should.
Johnson should shut the fook up and worry about sorting our problems not trying to be some kind of global leader.

A convenient distraction for Johnson. Why is it everything these politicians do or get up to is glaringly obvious? They must hold us all in more contempt than we think. Koonts.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Rant
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Ukraine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 3:24 pm

His argument for invading doesn’t add up ie he doesn’t want a nato country bordering Russia if they join nato but Estonia and Latvia are members and they share borders. So why no threats to invade them?

If they do take over the Ukraine then they would have Romania, Slovakia, Hungary and Poland next to them as well as Estonia and Latvia.

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Ukraine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 4:05 pm

The only light at the end of the tunnel is that there is not a lot of support from the Russian public for invasion. Hopefully just gesture politics.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Ukraine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 4:17 pm

Ukraine joining NATO does seem to be a step too far for Putin.  Yes, other NATO countries border Russia - Estonia, Latvia and Norway with it's short northern border. Maybe it's because Ukraine was once a large important Soviet Republic back in the USSR days and Estonia and Latvia were only minor ones.  Maybe Russia aren't planning a full scale invasion resulting in many civilian and indeed Russian troop deaths but targeted strikes against selected military sites as a demonstration of power.  Or maybe he's just putting on a show to wind up NATO.  But who knows what is going on in Putin's head.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Ukraine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 5:24 pm

Maybe Ukraine should sign up to NATO right now and call Putin's bluff? At the end of the day Ukraine isn't Russia anymore and Putin can like it or lump it he is the agressor.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

Ukraine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 5:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Ukraine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 6:36 pm

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Ukraine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 6:43 pm

putin will do what he likes biden too weak and incompetent to even try going up against him and when he has china as an allie he could reform the soviet union without so much as a bullet fired.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Ukraine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 6:58 pm

Don't write ✍ off sleepy Joe he's got a fooking massive Army and Navy and he will be dead before it's all over so probably doesn't give a fcuk what happens long term.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Ukraine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 7:14 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Don't write ✍ off sleepy Joe he's got a fooking massive Army and Navy and he will be dead before it's all over so probably doesn't give a fcuk what happens long term.

America had a large Army/Navy and Air force and invested more than all of its allies combined in them and still managed too loose in Korea, Vietnam, Lebanon, Afghanistan, Iraq (recent), Libya and Somalia. Size isnt everything when it comes to war its how you use your forces.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

Ukraine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 8:44 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

America had a large Army/Navy and Air force and invested more than all of its allies combined in them and still managed too loose in Korea, Vietnam, Lebanon, Afghanistan, Iraq (recent), Libya and Somalia. Size isnt everything when it comes to war its how you use your forces.

Ideal. At least we'll be aright then with our 125 troops, two corrugated iron armoured Landover's and one Torpoint ferry armed with local sheep farmers brandishing their shotguns. laugh
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Ukraine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 9:42 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

confused
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

Ukraine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 10:00 pm

The mood music being played, and the rhetoric being used on sites like Sky and the BBC is nothing short of actual and utter desperation to see something happen. Quite unbelievable behaviour. The mono-celled mogadons' among us will be shitting bricks whilst stocking up at Lidl's and then speeding of home to build their fall-out shelter.

Has anyone on this forum ever lived in such tempestuous times? fascinating, interesting and terrifying times to boot. You'd think by 2022, humans would have moved on a bit! As a species, I'm certain we're set, in time, to self destruct. Who could argue with that given the current global cuntfuckeryness?
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

Ukraine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 8:42 am

Growing murmurs of all this being media driven theatre. There is a conflation between Russian troops that have been near the border for year's Vs just arrived. Typically, the media are ignorant of this - conveniently!

The media are desperate for conflict. So, as it seems, is Biden and his lap dog Johnson. Is Putin really the aggressor here?
Back to top Go down

Ukraine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 11:42 am

POI wrote:
Growing murmurs of all this being media driven theatre. There is a conflation between Russian troops that have been near the border for year's Vs just arrived. Typically, the media are ignorant of this - conveniently!

The media are desperate for conflict. So, as it seems, is Biden and his lap dog Johnson. Is Putin really the aggressor here?

Without wanting to start another Brexitathon, I think Putin is just testing the West to see how far he can push them.

Regardless of whether it has been Russia sponsored, Trump and Brexit has made the West weaker because of the political instability.

Russia has far more to lose in this conflict. Unless it gets a bit nukey they won’t win a military conflict and ultimately, they need to sell their oil and gas to the west.

I think the concession will be that Ukraine doesn’t join NATO or the EU and it will become a neutral borderland.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Ukraine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 12:00 pm

I'm sure the pair of b52s that passed over head the past couple nights weren't out for any particular reason....
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Ukraine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 12:02 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
POI wrote:

Without wanting to start another Brexitathon, I think Putin is just testing the West to see how far he can push them.

Regardless of whether it has been Russia sponsored, Trump and Brexit has made the West weaker because of the political instability.

Russia has far more to lose in this conflict. Unless it gets a bit nukey they won’t win a military conflict and ultimately, they need to sell their oil and gas to the west.

I think the concession will be that Ukraine doesn’t join NATO or the EU and it will become a neutral borderland.

Thats the thing piss him off he switches off the taps and we are fecked.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Ukraine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 12:58 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
POI wrote:

Yep Frank, thought that from the start. Muscle-Flexing and posturing by Vlad just to remind the West that he could obliterate Ukraines infrastructure within a matter of days, if he so wished. But as happened in Chechnya that wouldn’t be the end of it. You’d have years of Ukrainian resistance and thousands of pointless deaths, along with crippling sanctions which make an invasion totally non-sensical. It’s just a reminder to the West that Ukraine joining NATO would probably be more trouble than it’s worth.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Ukraine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 4:25 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
POI wrote:

Yep Frank, thought that from the start. Muscle-Flexing and posturing by Vlad just to remind the West that he could obliterate Ukraines infrastructure within a matter of days, if he so wished. But as happened in Chechnya that wouldn’t be the end of it. You’d have years of Ukrainian resistance and thousands of pointless deaths, along with crippling sanctions which make an invasion totally non-sensical. It’s just a reminder to the West that Ukraine joining NATO would probably be more trouble than it’s worth.

Vlad wants the gas pipeline to Europe to boot which won't happen if he invades. As for the EU being weaker because of our leaving it's been weakened way more by France and Germany doubling their order of Russian gas whilst the EU is trying to negotiate their way out of it pretending they are united which they aren't, like us individual rights always trump any and all alliances.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Ukraine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 7:53 pm

This has certainly shown Bozo and the UK are no longer taken at all seriously internationally.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Ukraine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine EmptyWed Feb 16, 2022 10:27 am

Freathy wrote:
This has certainly shown Bozo and the UK are no longer taken at all seriously internationally.

lol! lol! lol! Of course Cameron or May would have sent Vlad packing immediately. That must be a wind up shorely? We should keep our noses firmly out of all this shite no way do I want anyone volunteering my boys to go and sort out any problems caused by war mongering wanker like Putin.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Ukraine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine EmptyWed Feb 16, 2022 1:34 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Freathy wrote:

lol! lol! lol! Of course Cameron or May would have sent Vlad packing immediately. That must be a wind up shorely? We should keep our noses firmly out of all this shite no way do I want anyone volunteering my boys to go and sort out any problems caused by war mongering wanker like Putin.
That's what I mean.  We are not a world power and should not be strutting around the international stage making absolute dicks of ourselves.  We should keep out of crap like this. Shame no-ones told Bozo and those very low grade defence and foreign secretaries of his who are laughably trying act all tough with Putin.  Putin has played the west like an absolute violin and that includes Dementia Joe in the Whitehouse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ukraine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine Empty

Back to top Go down

Ukraine
Page 1 of 21Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next