Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)

Go down 
+13
sufferedsince 68
PlymptonPilgrim
PatDunne
Grovehill
Jethro
RegGreen
Earwegoagain
Freathy
akagreengull
harvetheslayer
Elias
Greenskin
Tgwu
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 27, 2021 6:11 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Even Danny Mayor couldn't save our blushes. You've got to laugh at the quality of punditry from some on here lmfao.

Doesn't need punditry, the facts speak for themselves.

Ohh he knows it only too well Grovey......

Mayor is a liability. Cooper is a colossal liability (seriously you simply cannot have a keeper who makes one catastrophic error every single match) and as for Jepchott well I think Ryan Lowe acted acoordingly. Fat, slow and ineffective

George Cooper in. Ennis as soon as possible. Start with Garrick in the interim

cheers You are so full of shit you are literally brimming over, like Johnson Mayor is going nowhere. There's a good reason he's going nowhere and that's because he is better than most of the team bar Broom.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 27, 2021 6:20 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Even Danny Mayor couldn't save our blushes. You've got to laugh at the quality of punditry from some on here lmfao.

Mayor is a liability. Cooper is a colossal liability (seriously you simply cannot have a keeper who makes one catastrophic error every single match) and as for Jepchott well I think Ryan Lowe acted acoordingly. Fat, slow and ineffective

cheers You are so full of shit you are literally brimming over, like Johnson Mayor is going nowhere. There's a good reason he's going nowhere and that's because he is better than most of the team bar Broom.

So what you're really saying is that if Mayor & Broom can't play in the same team, Mayor should be dropped. At least we agree on that.

As for Jephcott, if he's not fit enough, he shouldn't start. Players need to be selected on form, not reputation.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 27, 2021 6:25 pm

The excitement levels on here from a few are so predictable. There’ll be some serious stroking off tonight. Enjoy boys.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 27, 2021 6:32 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

So what you're really saying is that if Mayor & Broom can't play in the same team, Mayor should be dropped. At least we agree on that.

As for Jephcott, if he's not fit enough, he shouldn't start. Players need to be selected on form, not reputation.

Of course players should be selected on form. What you should never do is listen to Harve I don't think he's ever even watched the highlights FFS. I get that Mayor is frustrating because he should score more with the possession he gets but the same could be said for Camara. What about Grant? Lovely touch every now and then but most of the time goes missing. Hardie is another good player who has been great this season but previously was no better than Mayor and often went missing. Get rid of Mayor and Jeppers and we are forced to play Garick or Agard with Hardie and hope that we can sign Broom (lol) and play Grant all the time. Whilst Mayor isn't perfect bar Broom hes head and shoulders better than anybody else we have. I like Ennis btw but don't ever see him scoring twenty in a season.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 27, 2021 6:32 pm

Violence in the ground ?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 27, 2021 6:33 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
The excitement levels on here from a few are so predictable. There’ll be some serious stroking off tonight. Enjoy boys.

What with a new Covid variant to boot they will be literally drowning in Jizz.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 27, 2021 7:02 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
laugh
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 27, 2021 7:18 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Of course players should be selected on form. What you should never do is listen to Harve I don't think he's ever even watched the highlights FFS. I get that Mayor is frustrating because he should score more with the possession he gets but the same could be said for Camara. What about Grant? Lovely touch every now and then but most of the time goes missing. Hardie is another good player who has been great this season but previously was no better than Mayor and often went missing. Get rid of Mayor and Jeppers and we are forced to play Garick or Agard with Hardie and hope that we can sign Broom (lol) and play Grant all the time. Whilst Mayor isn't perfect bar Broom hes head and shoulders better than anybody else we have. I like Ennis btw but don't ever see him scoring twenty in a season.

The stats show that PAFC get better results when Broom starts rather than Mayor, also that despite having better possession than the opposition, Argyle have fewer shots on target (ie teams get the time to defend better)  when Mayor plays. The term "show pony" springs to mind.

I thought Argyle were into Analytics?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 27, 2021 7:59 pm

PatDunne wrote:
No doubt a few miserable posters will appear now that we've lost three in a row.

lol lol lol lol lol ..... he lives
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 27, 2021 9:16 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
No doubt a few miserable posters will appear now that we've lost three in a row.

lol lol lol lol lol   .....   he lives

Hurrah Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 27, 2021 9:37 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

or just because of the old pals act as well
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 27, 2021 10:20 pm

Another disappointing result today.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 27, 2021 10:33 pm

If i was a Wigan fan at the game today and just nipped in to take a peek at this thread and some of the opinions about Mayor then the reaction would have to be one of WTF? Mayor today was more like the player that Lowe said he was on joining Argyle-clever and imaginative, dangerous when running with the ball with a cracking goal thrown in-amazed that Lowe took him off when Argyle were doing just fine and could easily have won this game. Mayor was crunched a couple of times so he may well have been injured but if not then it was a big error in taking him off in my opinion and that of quite a few people around me. As an advocate of Agard getting some more time on the pitch, 'tis grievous to point out that it was his bad touch that led to the break for the Wigan winner but the defence was alarmingly outpaced for all of that and it would appear that the absence of Galloway is having a very detrimental effect on the goals conceded column-7 goals in 3 games is fast becoming as major a problem as the lack of conviction at the other end. In fairness it wasn't a bad game at all today in the adverse conditions but a result as bitter to accept as the bleddy weather.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 27, 2021 10:58 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Another disappointing result today.

Another league win this calendar year looks unlikely for the moment I'm afraid
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 27, 2021 11:38 pm

Something about teams that play in red, as well as a lack of ideas.

Wonder what Cooper needs to do to get a chance in midfield.
Mayor, Broom and Cooper as that 3 should create the chances and the top 2 shouldn't need to have to come back to try and get the ball all the time.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 12:34 am

Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

The stats show that PAFC get better results when Broom starts rather than Mayor, also that despite having better possession than the opposition, Argyle have fewer shots on target (ie teams get the time to defend better)  when Mayor plays. The term "show pony" springs to mind.

They are... Which is why they know Mayor has the best statistics in the division for advancing (bringing) the ball up the pitch. 'Fact' provided courtesy of SH in the ArgyleUSA Zoom room.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 12:41 am

Rickler wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

They are...  Which is why they know Mayor has the best statistics in the division for advancing (bringing) the ball up the pitch.  'Fact' provided courtesy of SH in the ArgyleUSA Zoom room.

But those are facts and he's not remotely interested in them.

I didn't go today isolating before an operation, but tuesday night you could see what Mayor brings.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 9:02 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Three losses on the bounce.  It's increasingly feeling like 20/21 again.
Yep we win in streaks and now lose in streaks, a real test of management for lowe, who though deserves decent backing in the transfer window wiith the support we get there must be money availble.

At the very least we're looking at a 5 match losing streak with away fixtures at MK Dons and Sunderland up next. Lowes stock is plummeting as fast as Argo down the table.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 9:56 am

with these 3 defeats it should be the wakeup call for some that despite the earlier good form the squad overall lacks the quality throughout to be serious promotion contenders like the other teams fighting for this have and at best a playoff bid is what our true level is and even that maybe a stretch too far unless January sees us strengthen in numbers and not weaken.

If we cant offer anything new on the pitch when our main tactic of attack attack attack doesnt work how can it be a shock to anyone if teams who clearly know how we will play exploit our weaknesses like Wycombe and open us up again. 15 attempts on goal only one on target should be the analytical prove that ryan needs to adjust his tactics against certain teams otherwise the mistakes of last season are doomed to be repeated.

yesterdays game wasnt a bad game i wouldnt say we deserved anything more than a point if we held on.

Mayor played well and scored a good goal deserved his man of the match if Ryan can find a way to play him and Broom together in the middle that would be a great partnership.
the defence missed Galloway today as Scarr had a mere today booting the ball at his teammates.
Pity we attract some dickheads supporting this club who felt it right to go try and start fights in the stands after wigan's second goal and mock charlie wyke.

overall its a 3rd straight defeat next week is the fa cup which if that game has any purpose beyond tv money we can try something new ready for the franchise scum wednesday night (or tuesday i forget)
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 2:20 pm

I thought Argyle were into Analytics?[/quote]

They are...  Which is why they know Mayor has the best statistics in the division for advancing (bringing) the ball up the pitch.  'Fact' provided courtesy of SH in the ArgyleUSA Zoom room.[/quote]

But is that what a creative midfielder should do all the time?

Mayor gives the opposition time to regroup, whereas sometimes the most effective "creative" play is the quick ball to a forward (look back at the goals we scored "on the break" during the winning run) Plenty of players look good on the ball but their final pass or cross lets them down. Mayor's final pass isn't poor, just predictable.

The only stat that really matters at the end of the season is the number of points. And we have got more points/game this season with Broom on the pitch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 3:00 pm

I don’t understand all this Mayor bashing best player on the pitch yesterday, I’d sooner focus on Jephcott in the first 3mins one on one and not even working the GK, look at their own homegrown youngster Lang in an almost identical position as Jephcott was and bang in the net, Camara losing possession and a goal, Agard losing possession and a goal, all fine margins and our quality is not quite there yet, I’m disappointed yes but not despondent, we’re on a tricky run but looking at the positives yesterday I’m convinced we’re on the right track.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 3:22 pm

Graiser wrote:
I don’t understand all this Mayor bashing best player on the pitch yesterday, I’d sooner focus on Jephcott in the first 3mins one on one and not even working the GK, look at their own homegrown youngster Lang in an almost identical position as Jephcott was and bang in the net, Camara losing possession and a goal, Agard losing possession and a goal, all fine margins and our quality is not quite there yet, I’m disappointed yes but not despondent, we’re on a tricky run but looking at the positives yesterday I’m convinced we’re on the right track.

when you see where the Mayor bashing is coming from its hard not to laugh at it in fairness cause you know full well they weren't at the game and probably too skint to pay to watch it online and going by youtube highlights that are what 1-2mins long roughly and just show the goals.
If any player deserves the bashing it would have been Jephcott and possibly Scarr at a push not the man of the match and the goal scorer himself.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 4:29 pm

I'm wondering if the lack of balls in from George Cooper is affecting Jephcott.
Something clearly isn't right with him lately
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 5:15 pm

Few too many oggies methinks
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 5:53 pm

when you see where the Mayor bashing is coming from its hard not to laugh at it in fairness cause you know full well they weren't at the game and probably too skint to pay to watch it online and going by youtube highlights that are what 1-2mins long roughly and just show the goals.
If any player deserves the bashing it would have been Jephcott and possibly Scarr at a push not the man of the match and the goal scorer himself. [/quote]

Careful, you are starting to wander into true Newell territory making baseless and untrue comments about anyone who disagrees with you.

People have different opinions-get used to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)   Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Argyle v Wigan (Lowe and Scarr Preview game)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next