Go down 
+2
Czarcasm
Tgwu
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

A NEW VISION on Football League 3pm blackout  Empty
PostSubject: A NEW VISION on Football League 3pm blackout    A NEW VISION on Football League 3pm blackout  EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 11:03 am

THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE’S 3pm television broadcast blackout could soon be axed.

The long-standing ruling has been in place since the 1960s and prohibits live football from being shown in England between 2.45pm and 5.15pm on Saturday afternoons.

EFL chair Rick Parry has hinted a major change to the 3pm blackout rule could be happening

It was brought in and continued over fears that screening top-flight matches would lead to smaller crowds further down the pyramid.

Uefa gave the green light for all nations to do this but just England, Scotland and Montenegro continue to do so.

However, EFL chair Rick Parry has announced that he is open to ending the 3pm blackout in this country.

But any change will not occur until 2024 when the next TV rights cycles begin.

Speaking to PA, Parry said: “I don’t see (an end to the blackout) as being essential. Having said that, I don’t necessarily rule it out.

“We are almost unique in Europe now in having a blackout period. I’m not presuming that it goes, but equally, if we’re looking at streaming, at new technologies and new broadcasters, we will probably have to be open-minded in terms of scheduling.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A NEW VISION on Football League 3pm blackout    A NEW VISION on Football League 3pm blackout  EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 12:55 pm

cant see it affecting attendances if they do it its not like you cant access games at 3 via the internet.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: A NEW VISION on Football League 3pm blackout    A NEW VISION on Football League 3pm blackout  EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 2:53 pm

Angry wrote:
cant see it affecting attendances if they do it its not like you cant access games at 3 via the internet.

I think you underestimate the number of Plymothians whose first love is tragically for Liverpool, Man United etc etc.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: A NEW VISION on Football League 3pm blackout    A NEW VISION on Football League 3pm blackout  EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 3:14 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:

I think you underestimate the number of Plymothians whose first love is tragically for Liverpool, Man United etc etc.

And the sofa in the warm with a cold beer and a big bowl of cheesy wotsits with your fluffy socks on!
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: A NEW VISION on Football League 3pm blackout    A NEW VISION on Football League 3pm blackout  EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 7:04 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:

count at least 10 premiership shirts at the ground during the Burton game.

We're doing well so of course, the glory hunters are out.
if you support more then one team you are a cnut plain and simple.

What do they do when liverpool lose , get the manchester club shirt out its pathetic.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: A NEW VISION on Football League 3pm blackout    A NEW VISION on Football League 3pm blackout  EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 7:06 pm

Also I expect there is more then a few out there with a vpn claiming to be from abroad to take advantage of £10 for every game.

You can't stop it you might as well embrace it.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: A NEW VISION on Football League 3pm blackout    A NEW VISION on Football League 3pm blackout  EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 7:59 pm

Glory hunters in Div 3 lol, nothing like accepting the attendances you deserve eh?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: A NEW VISION on Football League 3pm blackout    A NEW VISION on Football League 3pm blackout  EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 10:22 pm

Where were they , when we were shite?
They are only here for the glory.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: A NEW VISION on Football League 3pm blackout    A NEW VISION on Football League 3pm blackout  EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 12:10 pm

It is a wierd one I have several mates born in Plymouth and surrounding areas that have been Manyoo fans since a very early age I just don't get it. Bradley Walsh cracked me up when talking to a chase contestant from London the other day, Bradley "who do you support?" contestant "United" Bradley "didn't realise there was a London United?".
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: A NEW VISION on Football League 3pm blackout    A NEW VISION on Football League 3pm blackout  EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 12:15 pm

Jethro wrote:
Where were they , when we were shite?
They are only here for the glory.

Give it another 25 years and you too could be in the same group mate, seeing successive owners sell the team out from under us never mind non developing property developers like Brent do take the gloss off it somewhat. I hardly missed a game from the age of about thirteen until half way through Brent's tenure but after suffering through evil Dan and then Brent plus finding it hard to sit in a plastic seat for the four hours required by the club nowadays I really can't be arsed other than for an occasional game. Argyle will always be my team, that will never change.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A NEW VISION on Football League 3pm blackout    A NEW VISION on Football League 3pm blackout  Empty

Back to top Go down

A NEW VISION on Football League 3pm blackout
Page 1 of 1