Earwegoagain
Les Miserable
Tgwu
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued Empty
PostSubject: Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued   Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued EmptyMon Sep 06, 2021 3:57 pm

The club has issued a four-year stadium ban to an individual for violent and threatening behaviour towards a member of staff during the EURO 2020 screenings at Home Park earlier this year.

The club’s Standards Panel met and reviewed the offence, before writing to the individual to offer right to appeal. An appeal was submitted, but there was significant enough evidence to uphold the decision.

The club holds a zero-tolerance policy towards all abuse of players, coaches, staff and fellow supporters - whether online, or in person.

The Standards Panel exists to ensure that the Argyle community is an inclusive and pleasant environment, and that supporters and staff alike feel comfortable and safe engaging with the club that we all love.

We are committed to inclusion, and strive to eliminate intimidation, victimisation, and discrimination from our football club, so that supporting Argyle can remain an environment accessible to all.

Consisting of members of Argyle’s senior management team, the Standards Panel convenes to discuss significant breaches of various policies relating to supporter behaviour – whether in person, or online.

The Standards Panel serves to ensure that policies are upheld. In serious cases, the Standards Panel may decide to issue a warning, time-limited stadium ban, or permanent stadium ban for breaches of the club’s Code of Conduct.

Each case will be carefully considered, and the Panel will always act in the best interest of the broader Argyle community when taking a decision, and bans will not be issued lightly.

In all cases where the Standards Panel is required to issue a sanction to a supporter, they will communicate with the individual in question, and offer right to reply.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued   Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued EmptyMon Sep 06, 2021 6:21 pm

Is booing the taking of the knee considered a capital offence?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued   Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued EmptyMon Sep 06, 2021 7:30 pm

Is that what it's about? Clear as mud as usual, if the club are taking a hard line stance against booing the knee they should say so.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued   Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued EmptyMon Sep 06, 2021 7:48 pm

The way we’re going there’ll be a two-year ban for farting in the vomitory before long. Mark my words.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued   Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued EmptyMon Sep 06, 2021 8:30 pm

is that why he was banned? ffs
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued   Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued EmptyMon Sep 06, 2021 9:44 pm

No idea lads, I'm just asking for Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued   Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued EmptyTue Sep 07, 2021 5:56 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Is that what it's about? Clear as mud as usual, if the club are taking a hard line stance against booing the knee they should say so.

FFS.  Can't you read?

Tgwu wrote:
The club has issued a four-year stadium ban to an individual for violent and threatening behaviour towards a member of staff during the EURO 2020 screenings at Home Park earlier this year.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued   Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued EmptyTue Sep 07, 2021 10:46 am

Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

FFS.  Can't you read?

Tgwu wrote:

Sorry Rickler but another poor attempt at showing me up, my reply was to Les who posted about booing the taking of the knee and whats more I remember hearing about some curfuffle about it at the time. It's quite possible that the abusive behaviour towards the staff was in result of being pulled up about Booing the knee, that's how I read it anyway.
Maybe you should read the whole thread before wading in?
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued   Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued EmptyTue Sep 07, 2021 6:14 pm

Or maybe some knobhead was being abusive and threatening. So he gets a ban, quite rightly.

No mention of taking the knee in the article, not sure why you want to politicise quite a clear statement from the club.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued   Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued EmptyTue Sep 07, 2021 6:23 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

FFS.  Can't you read?

Tgwu wrote:

Sorry Rickler but another poor attempt at showing me up, my reply was to Les who posted about booing the taking of the knee and whats more I remember hearing about some curfuffle about it at the time. It's quite possible that the abusive behaviour towards the staff was in result of being pulled up about Booing the knee, that's how I read it anyway.
Maybe you should read the whole thread before wading in?

LOl. The hypocrisy of that statement considering you just completely got the wrong end of the stick as PP pointed out.

Still.... Any chance to have a dig at the club and you're going to take it.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued   Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued EmptyTue Sep 07, 2021 8:02 pm

It was Les that made the statement that I was referring to so have a go at him you feckin arse licker. If I want to criticise tue club on here I will and no Jamboys will stop me Capiche?
I still think it is about the guy that got in trouble for booing the knee, it was talked about at the time.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued   Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued EmptyTue Sep 07, 2021 8:05 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Or maybe some knobhead was being abusive and threatening. So he gets a ban, quite rightly.

No mention of taking the knee in the article, not sure why you want to politicise quite a clear statement from the club.

It was Les that said it was taking the knee FFS! Are you all Harve in disguise?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued   Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued EmptyTue Sep 07, 2021 8:44 pm

I did enquire about the required etiquette of voicing displeasure at the seemingly never ending requirement of taking the knee and any potential draconian punishment meted out by the godfathers(lol) of the club for those wishing to do so. It was not my intention to link it to the incident in the article, but as ears says, it could well be the cause of the kerfuffle which led to the supposed offence. Doesn't take much to start a war on here these days cheers
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued   Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 1:50 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
It was Les that made the statement that I was referring to so have a go at him you feckin arse licker. If I want to criticise tue club on here I will and no Jamboys will stop me Capiche?
I still think it is about the guy that got in trouble for booing the knee, it was talked about at the time.

Les was obviously taking the piss about a different subject.  Duh! 

Think about it for a second - difficult for you I know.  

Surely you're not suggesting the players would be at Home Park taking the knee during a screening of the Euros, are you?

Just admit you were wrong for once...  Blunder after blunder after blunder you make, and you never ever cop to any of them.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued   Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 5:18 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

It was Les that said it was taking the knee FFS! Are you all Harve in disguise?

You really are getting desperate fella.....getting your arse handed to you daily is clearly taking its toll.

PP was perfectly correct out of interest as well.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued   Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 2:21 pm

The club statement looks fairly clear to me, yep as P.P. said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued   Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 3:15 pm

4 years is too extreme if all he did was threaten imo wouldn't get that length anywhere else
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued   Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 8:52 pm

Just don’t be a tosspot and there’s no issue is there ?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued   Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 9:04 pm

Graiser wrote:

On the whole you are correct, however the same applies to the stewards, most of whom are probably ok but a sizeable percentage are either power hungry wannabe doormen or over efficious jobsworths.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued   Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 9:44 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Graiser wrote:

On the whole you are correct, however the same applies to the stewards, most of whom are probably ok but a sizeable percentage are either power hungry wannabe doormen or over efficious jobsworths.

There are a few I expect but I’ve got to say the stewards I’ve encountered at the Lyndhurst have been pretty good so far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued   Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 10:12 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Graiser wrote:

agreed only apply the rules when it suits them
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued   Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued EmptyThu Sep 09, 2021 8:47 am

If you get a ban of that length just for threatening behaviour, what happens if an actual altercation occurs? Life ban and a Taliban-style public flogging for you and your entire family? They are setting the bar rediculously high by way of punishments there. I get the ‘don’t be a dick and there won’t be a problem’ adage, but the club are making a rod for their own back here I think.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued   Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued EmptyThu Sep 09, 2021 8:50 am

Graiser wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Graiser wrote:

There are a few I expect but I’ve got to say the stewards I’ve encountered at the Lyndhurst have been pretty good so far.

That’s hardly surprising as I’m not sure you fit the criteria to become a prime target of knobhead stewardship, tbf.

Last edited by Czarcasm on Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued   Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued EmptyThu Sep 09, 2021 8:50 am

Czarcasm wrote:
If you get a ban of that length just for threatening behaviour, what happens if an actual altercation occurs? Life ban and a Taliban-style public flogging for you and your entire family? They are setting the bar rediculously high by way of punishments there. I get the ‘don’t be a dick and there won’t be a problem’ adage, but the club are making a rod for their own back here I think.

Or they’re making a statement of intent that this is what knobheads can expect.
Back to top Go down

Czarcasm wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Graiser wrote:

I’m not sure you fit the criteria to become a prime target of knobhead stewardship, tbf.

How’s that then ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued   Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued Empty

Back to top Go down

Standards Panel Stadium Ban Issued
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next