harvetheslayer
Earwegoagain
mouldyoldgoat
Tgwu
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions Empty
PostSubject: Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions   Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 6:00 pm

The future of Plymouth Raiders is looking decidedly bleak with the situation over their residency at the Pavilions still unresolved and at deadlock, which is threatening the very existence of the club.

Despite the Raiders enjoying one of its most successful seasons ever in 2020/21, it is becoming increasingly likely that it could be their last in the BBL as the dispute over increased costs to hire the Pavilions continues.

Pavilions are refusing to budge on their alleged 200 per cent increase, while the new cost is too expensive for the Raiders to pay, according to sources close to the club.

The Pavilions, Raiders’ home for the past 25 years and now in the ownership of former Plymouth Argyle chairman, James Brent, claim that they cannot continue to financially support the club on the deal agreed and they have no option but to put Raiders on the same tariff as some of their other acts, which is believed to be around £8,000-9,000.

However, the club would only be able to get a fraction of the people in for basketball games, compared to what the venue could hold for something like a high-profile band, musician or comedian, while ticket prices are also cheaper for basketball fans, who typically attend every fortnight for home fixtures.

In order for the rental cost to be covered, the club would have to get three times the attendances they get now, which is impossible due to its limited capacity, or triple the cost of a ticket price, which would make it unaffordable for fans to go and watch.

However, the Pavilions insist they have gone to ‘considerable lengths’ to support the club.

When contacted by PlymouthLive's sister newspaper The Herald, Sarah Phillips, chief executive of Plymouth Pavilions, said: “The Pavilions has been a long standing supporter of the Raiders, both financially and in kind, and we have gone to considerable lengths over many years to assist in helping to secure the future of the club and of professional basketball in Plymouth.

"We would be extremely disappointed to see the Raiders leave Plymouth, but we would absolutely refute any claims made by the club and its current owners that Plymouth Pavilions has been unsupportive of Plymouth Raiders."

Ms Phillips continued: "Despite numerous other commercial pressures on the Pavilions, including closure during the lockdowns, we provided the facility at zero rent during the pandemic, with the club asked only to pay the minimum amount required to cover our direct match day costs.

"Supporters of the club, and all those in Plymouth who value the Pavilions as an entertainment resource and events venue, may well share our disappointment that despite numerous assurances, the Raiders and their owners have failed to reimburse us for the much-reduced match day costs, leaving the Pavilions exposed to further losses.

“In addition to this, over the last eight years we estimate to have provided the equivalent of £2m of support to the Raiders, taking into account reduced rent and loss of revenue, with our staff consistently going above-and-beyond to help the club and successive owners and management teams.

"The Pavilions cannot continue to support this professional sports club at such loss-making levels, potentially putting the venue’s future as Plymouth’s only indoor large-scale events arena into jeopardy.

“The rent we charge users of the Pavilions is fair, in line with similar venues, and at the minimum level required to open and maintain the facility, pay staff and meet running costs.

"The suggested tariff figures provided to The Herald are incorrect, as is a suggestion that rental costs for the Raiders have increased ‘excessively’.

"On the contrary, we have worked hard to offer a significantly reduced venue hire fee to the Raiders of more than 50 per cent discounted rate, and savings of a further 10 per cent per game offered if the season was paid up front.

"The team has offered other material concessions to support the Raiders in continuing to use the Pavilions, whilst attempting to ensure the rent would be commercially sustainable to enable the Pavilions to remain operating for the benefit of the city, the wider region and its people.

"We are saddened that despite our repeated attempts to discuss rent costs, the Raiders and their owners have refused to enter any meaningful negotiations with us."
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions   Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 7:21 pm

I really don’t believe a word of that statement. We all know what a shister brent is, only interested in what he can get for himself and feck everyone else.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions   Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 11:03 pm

raiders should just tell brent to do one they arent funding any of his pipe dreams and go play at the life centre till they can find a decent home
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions   Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 11:42 pm

I think JB may have another deal on and doesn't want them there.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions   Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions EmptyWed Jul 07, 2021 2:55 am

How is the brick laying situation Brent by the way
Shyster central and as Mouldy says what a crock of shit in that statement
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions   Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 12:06 pm

well that money grabbing c.u.n.t. has forced Plymouth Raiders to withdraw from the BBL next season.

https://www.plymouthraiders.com/news/article/Plymouth%20Raiders%20withdraw%20from%20the%20forthcoming%20BBL%20Competition

the link wrote:
Plymouth Raiders announce that the club will withdraw from the forthcoming 21/22 BBL Season.

Ongoing difficulties surrounding a suitable playing venue continue to hamper all preparations which, at this moment, cannot be resolved within the City of Plymouth in time for the new season. This situation is very disappointing for all of us as it follows a season where the club achieved its highest BBL finish and reached the Trophy Final.

All local venues have been considered but ruled out due to their inability to provide the facilities necessary for Raiders to play in front of spectators at a price that is sustainable for the club.

This decision has been a very difficult one for the Board, and we will continue to work with Plymouth City Council and the BBL to identify feasible solutions for the longer-term.

Our sincerest thanks go to our fans, volunteers, and sponsors for all their support.

In a way im glad Raiders didnt bow to brent's wishes and paid well over the odds for rent in a run down arena thats suppose to be rebuilt or as we call it mankovered. Now is the time for the council to act and get that Ice arena built.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions   Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 1:02 pm

How does the greedy cnut sleep at night knowing how his greed has affected so many people.
Should be an enquiry as to how he obtained the Pavilions.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions   Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 1:45 pm

Should be an inquiry into how he ended up at Argyle as well, how he didn't finish the club once and for all Ill never know.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions   Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 2:07 pm

Shocking,
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions   Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 6:39 pm

Argyle survived the Brentmare, it looks like Raiders wont be so lucky.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions   Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 11:11 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Argyle survived the Brentmare, it looks like Raiders wont be so lucky.

Its so sad and it wouldnt be because the dont have the money to go on anymore... the council need to act and fast cause im sure if there is no solution forthcomingg in regards to a venue they can play at exeter will be more than happy to give the raiders a home.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions   Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions EmptyFri Jul 09, 2021 10:35 am

Funny that I don't think Brent's name was mentioned on BBC Spotlight when they ran the story last night just known as "The Pavillions".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions   Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions EmptyFri Jul 09, 2021 3:36 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Funny that I don't think Brent's name was mentioned on BBC Spotlight when they ran the story last night just known as "The Pavillions".

doesnt shock me them and the herald are still up his arse despite all hes not done. Has napoleon defend him yet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions   Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions EmptyFri Jul 09, 2021 7:21 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

doesnt shock me them and the herald are still up his arse despite all hes not done. Has napoleon defend him yet?

just to update this the herald are removing any and all posts on their article that even hint towards James Brent Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing so i guess they are still paid up members of the reluctant ones kiss my arse club.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions   Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 10:41 am

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Yep, One top business man to another Nipples, will be fully supportive of little Jimmy. lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions   Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 11:07 am

Angry wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

just to update this the herald are removing any and all posts on their article that even hint towards James Brent Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing so i guess they are still paid up members of the reluctant ones kiss my arse club.

Arse licking social climbing cnuts they have a lot to answer for after ignoring all Brent's shenanigans whilst he was trying to assert strip the club for his own gain. As for Nipples real fans never forget.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions   Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 6:09 pm

Angry wrote:
so i guess they are still paid up members of the reluctant ones kiss my arse club.

Nobody may criticise the Worshipful Grand Master.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions   Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 6:46 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
Angry wrote:
so i guess they are still paid up members of the reluctant ones kiss my arse club.

Nobody may criticise the Worshipful Grand Master.

i saw there is a fanboy in the comment section defending brent lol
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions   Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions EmptyFri Jul 16, 2021 10:22 am

Still trying to F#%K The Raiders over
The slimey piece of Shit…and as for nipples his on call 24hrs when it comes noshing off the speccytwat still
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions   Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions EmptySat Jul 24, 2021 11:26 pm

Bent by name, Bent by nature.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions   Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions EmptySun Jul 25, 2021 2:23 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Should be an inquiry into how he ended up at Argyle as well, how he didn't finish the club once and for all Ill never know.

People
Already
Sure
Of
That
Information

Wasn't
Everyone
Befuddled
By Lies ?

Nearly
Everyone
Was
Enticed by
Lie after
Lie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions   Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions EmptySun Jul 25, 2021 10:27 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

People
Already
Sure
Of
That
Information

Wasn't
Everyone
Befuddled
By Lies ?

Nearly
Everyone
Was
Enticed by
Lie after
Lie

very articulated of you there groovy lol
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions   Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions EmptySun Jul 25, 2021 11:12 pm

Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

People
Already
Sure
Of
That
Information

Wasn't
Everyone
Befuddled
By Lies ?

Nearly
Everyone
Was
Enticed by
Lie after
Lie

very articulated of you there groovy lol

Suspect

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions   Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions Empty

Back to top Go down

Deadlock' with Plymouth Pavilions
Page 1 of 1