Richard Blight
argyl3
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
argyl3

argyl3

Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built Empty
PostSubject: Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built   Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 10:10 pm

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/James-Brent-Plymouth-Pavilions-redeveloped-new/story-29028126-detail/story.html

So he is attempting blackmail of the council now to get his ice rink built?

I do get the feeling he is trying to hold up the millbay development possibly until the council agrees to help fund his develpment at HHP?
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built   Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 9:57 pm

I think part of the original agreement was that the Pavilions could not be redeveloped until a new ice rink is built. I seem to remember the phrase " continuous ice must be provided". So this is another non story. Nothing new here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built   Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 11:16 pm

No the story is that Brent is preventing development of every single development project he's involved with, Argyle, Ice Rink, Civic Centre (lost it due to doing feck all) Oldway and Pavillions Vis the ice rink. The guy is a serial non achiever. I can't believe that apart from a little flak from local news there are still people defending the feckless fool.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built   Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 10:37 am

I'm not defending him. Just pointing out the original agreement states he can't develop the Pavilions until a replacement ice rink is built somewhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built   Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 10:45 am

I wasn't including you in the defence league RB.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built   Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built EmptySat Feb 04, 2017 9:52 pm

WTF is going on with the Pavilions?

The former three year old (now the nine year old) was performing there this evening. I hadn't been there in a couple of years and the state of the place is shocking. The carpet in the passage into the main arena is virtually threadbare and the whole place looks tatty and worn.

People pay good money to go to gigs and events there (nearly £40 to see Elbow next month, for example). The owner could at least keep it in decent condition.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built   Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built EmptySat Feb 04, 2017 11:37 pm

Pavillions should never have been sold to him and i feel the council realise that now.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built   Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 12:26 am

Angry wrote:
Pavillions should never have been sold to him and i feel the council realise that now.

The Council must have nightmares after ever getting involved with the Guy
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built   Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 1:09 am

Angry wrote:

The council realised ages this ago but they realised too late and we're now lumbered until he clears off.

Brent completely obliterated the relationship with PCC back when it was Labour controlled. At one stage PCC was ready and willing to part-fund a new grandstand. £5m was on the table if Brent could match it. He couldn't, or wouldn't, and wanted more. There was huge row and that was that.

Quite what our current Bluekip council makes of him I don't know. Not much is my guess because they are far less likely to be sympathetic to public support along the lines of anything he might require.

PCC, under both Viv Pengelley and Tudor Evans, basically bent over backwards to help Argyle out of the shit and did as much as they could. PCC kept their end up. It was Brent who screwed it all up.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built   Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 1:31 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Angry wrote:

The council realised ages this ago but they realised too late and we're now lumbered until he clears off.

Surely the contract would have 'performance' clauses?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built   Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built EmptyTue Oct 03, 2017 3:16 pm

How's the carpet in the Pavillions bearing Up? Razz I'll be amazed if my grandchildren get to see anything Brent actually builds, and I haven't got any grandchildren yet.
With Brent having apparently sold the Pavillions the pressure is on the planners now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built   Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built EmptyTue Oct 03, 2017 4:49 pm

I can see the whole Pavillion/HHP thing being another Brent/local council stand off. Even when he gets his permissions, at some stage he'll do an Oldway manor, and try and prise extra bunce from public coffers.As the Liverpool/player sale money has proved, he has no shame.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built   Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built EmptyTue Oct 03, 2017 5:42 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
How's the carpet in the Pavillions bearing Up? Razz I'll be amazed if my grandchildren get to see anything Brent actually builds, and I haven't got any grandchildren yet.
With Brent having apparently sold the Pavillions the pressure is on the planners now.

Didn't notice the carpet but I was in there last Friday and the chairs are in the sort of condition you'd expect to find in your average crack den. Not enough staff to man both entrances so the walk-through from the ToysRUs car park was shut, meaning you had one huge queue at the main entrance in the feckin pissing down rain.

Bravo James. xxx
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built   Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built EmptyTue Oct 03, 2017 5:44 pm

Who is/was the guest?
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built   Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built EmptyTue Oct 03, 2017 6:57 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Didn't notice the carpet but I was in there last Friday and the chairs are in the sort of condition you'd expect to find in your average crack den. Not enough staff to man both entrances so the walk-through from the ToysRUs car park was shut, meaning you had one huge queue at the main entrance in the feckin pissing down rain.

Bravo James. xxx

Same when I took the nine year old to perform there in February. Result: a long queue of kids whose excitement was dulled by getting soaked on the way in, and lots of peed off parents who'd paid £6 or so to watch their poppets perform.

I also discovered that the toilets in the concourse bit are now those vandal proof ones where everything's stainless steel, like the ones you get in rural carparks (and up Tavvy). Not what you expect to find in a major concert venue. No wonder they were able to accommodate a schools thing on a Saturday night.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built   Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built EmptyTue Oct 03, 2017 7:30 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Who is/was the guest?

Some freak who likes a flounce or two, probably one of mine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built   Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built EmptyTue Oct 03, 2017 7:55 pm

Peggy wrote:

I also discovered that the toilets in the concourse bit are now those vandal proof ones where everything's stainless steel, like the ones you get in rural carparks (and up Tavvy). Not what you expect to find in a major concert venue. No wonder they were able to accommodate a schools thing on a Saturday night.

Continuous city entertainment, Brent style. The finger on the pulse.
Can't wait for the new ice rink.....ahem....arena.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built   Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built EmptyTue Oct 03, 2017 8:09 pm

beesrus wrote:
Peggy wrote:

Continuous city entertainment, Brent style. The finger on the pulse.
Can't wait for the new ice rink.....ahem....arena.

It's further reaching than Plymouth. Dartmouth which for most of the year is the preserve of yachties and posh Matelots from the academy puts on a really decent music festival, Tavvy has the Tavistock "Edge" festival, edgy it ain't. Four hours of choral music followed by local college band playing Rage against the Machine covers band (they were great btw) followed by a good local ska band who had to finish at seven o'clock prompt when everything was packed away. Why the feck do the old farts try and do this stuff?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built   Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 6:45 pm

My partner saw the libertines there last Monday,  although she thought the gig was good, apparently the sound was absolutely shit.
No surprise there the building was flawed from day one. Bit like the Mayflower it needs raising to the ground and rebuilding.
Oh I forgot Brents involved say no more.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built   Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 8:05 pm

akagreengull wrote:
My partner saw the libertines there last Monday,  although she thought the gig was good, apparently the sound was absolutely shit.
No surprise there the building was flawed from day one. Bit like the Mayflower it needs raising to the ground and rebuilding.
Oh I forgot Brents involved say no more.

The Pavs is awful for sound.

I'm quite a keen Jethro Tull fan and went to see them there, must have been 20 years ago now, and the sound was totally shocking; it ruined the gig completely.

So I agree it is a problem but it is not one I'd lay at Brent's door.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built   Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 8:12 pm

Mind you the Tull aren't renowned for their sound quality to be fair and I've seen them a few times. I've not been o the Pavillions btw its always been known for shit sound.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built   Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 8:16 pm

No its to do with the original PCC decision to build such a crap design thirty years ago.
The point I'm making is that with him owning it, it will remain crap.
The only thing I enjoyed there in recent times was the CAMRA beer/cider festival which is now defunct
Unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built   Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 9:59 pm

The beer festival was at Albion earlier in year.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built   Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 10:03 pm

Yes I didn't go but a mate said it wasn't so good, in the Pavilions the festival used to average seventy odd ciders!
I don't drink beer anymore.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built   Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 8:17 am

Rumour has it, and I stress rumour, that the Pavilions site has been sold for £5.5 million subject to planning permission for the new ice rink at HHP, so that continuous ice can provided.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built   Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built Empty

Back to top Go down

Pavilions not to be developed until ice rink is built
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next