Tringreen
Nick
Mock Cuncher
Elias
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Vital game tonight  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:49 pm

Tonight's results give Northampton a bit of breathing space and leave Argyle,Daggers,Hereford and Macclesfield firmly in the mix.Meanwhile Argyle players Twatter on about Liverpool FFS,makes me wanna puke.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:58 pm

pafcineurope wrote:
Freathy I showed your post to my (scottish) wife(!!) and she said.
Quote - He's right. Where is the anger from the fans. Less tweeting more training. unquote.

I think the anger is on the rise now, but too little too late.

Edit - BBC site just shown Cobblers win, Torquay also (good luck to them), Crawley 2-2 and Wombles 3-1.
Not looking forward to Saturday evening if results go t*ts up, although don't have to stay up for the FL Show. A consolation.

Merv Plummer

The anger from the "real" fans who matter, is being reserved for anyone who shaved last year, or didn't take part in a dirty protest in their own bedroom. At the moment it's just simmering under the surface with a few silly games being played again, but rest assured if the unthinkable happens and we are relegated, this site and the few who dare ask questions on Pasoti will come under attack like never before cheers
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 10:06 pm

Hereford v Us on Good Friday is looking more like a cup final every day.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 10:16 pm

Maybe Argyle would lay on free coaches to Edgar Street.They wouldn't would they?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 10:18 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

It's what we've waited for all these years cheers

"Saved" with minutes to spare for a 3rd worst team in the country play-off. And some people thought Neil Warnock might have been on his way after QPR lol!
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 10:42 pm

Good result for us, Daggers losing, as I said this morning. Jumping up and down with joy I am.

Jock - for a minute, I really did think Warnock might come along and take us to the Promised Land of continued League Two football next year. Oh what might have been.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 10:55 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

I seem to remember Brighton winning at Hereford a few years ago to stay in the league and send Hereford down.So,inevitably once we've got this formality of a game out of the way,a brand new stadium and at least second tier football beckon in a few years time,with a pillaging of the best players from stricken clubs a tasty morsel to be enjoyed on the way -fret not, fellow Pilgrims,the future is bright,the future is green.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 11:38 pm

oh how we laughed when northampton got thrashed at Home Park in November.
now theyre sitting pretty - well compared to us they are

a forward on loan from liverpool works wonders it seems.........

the game against us at sixfields for them has become 'dont lose a draw will do' for us its fast becoming

'COME ON ARGYLE WE GOTTA WIN!!!'

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 7:56 am

Grim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 8:06 am

Freathy wrote:
Grim

Certainly no fairy tale.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 8:09 am

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:

the game against us at sixfields for them has become 'dont lose a draw will do' for us its fast becoming

There was also a fair amount of derision, shall we say, aimed towards Akinfenwa. His weight, pace and ability all questioned by terrace experts. I bet those same terrace experts now wish we'd got a forward who's scored the goals he has over the last half dozen or so games.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 8:19 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
GregCampbellFanClub wrote:

There was also a fair amount of derision, shall we say, aimed towards Akinfenwa. His weight, pace and ability all questioned by terrace experts. I bet those same terrace experts now wish we'd got a forward who's scored the goals he has over the last half dozen or so games.

Must be the same ones who called Mackie a "headless chicken"
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 8:31 am

Boothroyd would have been perfect for us but no, we have Errrrrrrrm y'know FFS !

Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 9:33 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
There was also a fair amount of derision, shall we say, aimed towards Akinfenwa. His weight, pace and ability all questioned by terrace experts

And rightly so, four extra minutes at 'nam last night, three and a half of them for how long it took Ade to walk off when he was subbed.

That was one dull game of football between two pretty inept teams, I guess that is par for the course, plenty of effort on show though, the worrying thing is I can see us having to compete with however is left there next season and we just don't work that hard.

Last night I heard the faithful suggesting John Still should have been dumped at Christmas, first time I have come across that over 'nam, people look at Northampton, Yeovil and Tranny and think just changing the manager is a panacea, they could well be right.

The result done you no favours except it leaves 'nam looking v vulnerable and with Maccies running on empty you boys must be rubbing your little six fingered hands together, only gotta beat two to register your dream finish to the season, 90th out of 92.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 9:35 am

Freathy wrote:
Must be the same ones who called Mackie a "headless chicken"

You had some of them as well did you ?

I'll bet they were the ones with the loudest keyboards and the smallest brains, despite having played the game themselves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 9:40 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:

The result done you no favours except it leaves 'nam looking v vulnerable and with Maccies running on empty you boys must be rubbing your little six fingered hands together, only gotta beat two to register your dream finish to the season, 90th out of 92.

Ooh if that happens we could have a joint celebration with Exeter, 'We Both Beat The Drop' except of course you guys would have to, er, beat the drop to be invited. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 10:04 am

Isn't it wonderful to be wise after the event?! I wonder how many players have been trumpeted as the new wunderkind only to slip into lower league obscurity. When I saw Mackie play, there were occasions that he looked a superb prospect. There were also occasions that he did look like a headless chicken. But he did look a promising player. If things went the right way then his promise would be realised. And it seems as though it is being realised. He won't become a star Premier standard but he will do reasonably OK.

Of the current crop, I think Young looks a good prospect in the lower leagues. I don't think he would be picked up by a top club and succeed. But he is a good, intelligent and hard-working player. I think Lecointe could do better, though I have seen him less. Nelson looked promising - especially when he had an experienced supportive mentor playing alongside him - but, again, I don't think he will become a top player. It's a pity for the development of his career that, unless Blanchard gets injured, he won't get the opportunity to play with the vastly experienced Purse who I think has more to offer the youngster in terms of support on the pitch. Nelson will have to move elsewhere for his full potential to be realised. I think those three have the potential to play in a moderately good team at perhaps Championship level but no higher. There you go - my views recorded for posterity - wise before the event. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:53 am

oddball wrote:
Tonight's results give Northampton a bit of breathing space and leave Argyle,Daggers,Hereford and Macclesfield firmly in the mix.Meanwhile Argyle players Twatter on about Liverpool FFS,makes me wanna puke.

Oddball,
I thought I was on a different planet last night watching all the interest on the EPL and nothing about how results affect their futures.
(Flicking between BBC Site/PASOTI/ATD).
The Rotherham manager was surprised by the lack of commitment on Saturday and even CF had a go after the match.
They don't care 'cos (many of them) won't be there next year.
You can't blame the supporters who travel and watch at HP. They have given their all, mainly in financial terms.
It is solely with the Board(s), past and present, and their decisions.

60 years of support is rapidly disappearing down the plughole. Sad

(Anger dissipated slightly - shopping now!! Will continue to fume - anger that is not smoke)

Merv Plummer

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Vital game tonight
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2