Mock Cuncher
Elias
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Elias

Elias

Vital game tonight  Empty
PostSubject: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 1:08 am

Daggers V Northampton

Think this one will be an away win. Draw would be best result for us i reckon.
Also AFC Wimbledon (phoney club) v Bradford looks an important game too.

Studying the league table makes for grim reading at the moment.
Macclesfield no wins in 10 ??? Dagenham v Macc on saturday affraid

Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 1:11 am

We could really do with two of them being deducted some points.

I have commissioned a photograph of our big flag to be sent to FA HQ in order to bolster our case.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:23 am

I reckon Northants will get out of the mire regardless of tonight's result, so rather than a draw I'd like to see them stuff Daggers. Saturday's Dag v Macc game is arguably more important to us, what with Macc's woeful form - if we avoid the drop it's likely to be because Macc or A.N. Other were even more dire than us in the relegation run-in. A draw there would be best I reckons.

Jeez, relying on Macclesfield Town to be more shite than us. To coin a phrase, look how far we've come...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:32 am

Statistically, the best results would be nil nil draws all round, or the impossible - all of them losing!

We really need to start playing like we did against Northampton and Bristol Rovers every minute of every game from now on. If we do, then we have a chance.

Sadly I fear the worst.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:24 am

Apparently if we all grow bigger conkers we will be fine, maybe we could commission a massive flag with massive conkers on it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 10:42 am

Northampton win, as they wont be near the bottom come the end of the season.

Dagenham will go down, then it will be one of Us, Hereford or Macclesfield.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 10:49 am

monti wrote:

As Freathy predicted, Northampton have a manager now. We have Fletch and flags. Rolling Eyes

Now watch Argyle go on a winning streak and the Cobblers plummet lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 11:35 am

Tringreen wrote:
monti wrote:

As Freathy predicted, Northampton have a manager now. We have Fletch and flags. Rolling Eyes

I don't think you can raise Freathy as the next messiah when it comes to predictions. I bet you he got Wimbledon wrong and indeed any other game we've not lost.

Having said that I agree with a few of the posters above. Northampton win tonight for me followed by Dagenham not losing on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 11:43 am

Whatever the result tonight, our fate is still in our own hands. Win our home games, a point or two away and we'll be ok. Ready for a promotion push next year funded by the philanthropic James Brent.

Today, I'm mostly in an optimistic mood.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 12:02 pm

Nick Wall wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
monti wrote:

I don't think you can raise Freathy as the next messiah when it comes to predictions. I bet you he got Wimbledon wrong and indeed any other game we've not lost.

Having said that I agree with a few of the posters above. Northampton win tonight for me followed by Dagenham not losing on Saturday.

I think you'll find that despite his constant predictions of doom being somewhat of an attempt at simply getting a reaction from those too blind to see the bigger picture, his views have been vindicated for several years now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 12:25 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Nick Wall wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
monti wrote:

I think you'll find that despite his constant predictions of doom being somewhat of an attempt at simply getting a reaction from those too blind to see the bigger picture, his views have been vindicated for several years now.

And before that.....?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 12:41 pm

No idea. Why not ask him ?

Personally, I've written to the club and had letters published in the Herald as far back as after the Wembley play-off victory, basically pleading for an owner to recognise the particular challenges facing a club which could be so much more successful.
Peter Jones seemed to recognise the situation post Holloway and Brent's comments concerning how to proceed if and when the club ever returns to the second tier, would seem to be based on advice from such an individual.
Argyle is now unique as a large city/catchment area never to have seen top flight football and as a result there is no cemented 20k fanbase as at other clubs like Norwich, Ipswich and Southampton................................... but there could be.
Small minded parochiality blew it with the Waiters era, Warnock could have got us on a roll and Holloway certainly needed backing , not shafting !
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 1:30 pm

Tringreen wrote:

Personally, I've written to the club and had letters published in the Herald as far back as after the Wembley play-off victory, basically pleading for an owner to recognise the particular challenges facing a club which could be so much more successful.
Peter Jones seemed to recognise the situation post Holloway and Brent's comments concerning how to proceed if and when the club ever returns to the second tier, would seem to be based on advice from such an individual.
Argyle is now unique as a large city/catchment area never to have seen top flight football and as a result there is no cemented 20k fanbase as at other clubs like Norwich, Ipswich and Southampton................................... but there could be.
Small minded parochiality blew it with the Waiters era, Warnock could have got us on a roll and Holloway certainly needed backing , not shafting !

Still, there is always the prospect of Braintree away next season. Chin up son!! clown
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 1:46 pm

LondonGreen wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Still, there is always the prospect of Braintree away next season. Chin up son!! clown

Yeah......... enjoy the ride Tringy lol!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 2:15 pm

Absolute win win for me tonight, Dags turn it on and you guys are pinned to the bottom, a draw and at least two of your rivals take a point out of you, Northampton win and another club waves you goodbye.

My preference is a Dags win, I get over there half a dozen times a season and have some affection for a nice little club, hey, thinking on, away to Dagenham might look like a big game to you boys next season.

'fud away to AFC (the real) Wimbledon is a bit of a game as well, a 'fud victory would see them way clear of trouble.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 4:22 pm

A home win for Daggers, and a point a piece for AFC Wombledon & Bradfud is on the cards tonight bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:47 pm

0-0 half-time. Torquay going like a train. Bradford drawing away 1-1.

Bradford now losing. Cobblers 1 up.!!!!

AFC WOMBLES 3-1 UP, Torquay still winning and that nice manager from Crawley is watching his team lose 1-2.

Merv P.

Last edited by pafcineurope on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:05 pm

AFC 2-1

That's good for us, I think!!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:07 pm

Daggers 0-1 N'ton
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:12 pm

Should have had a chatroom!!

Merv P.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:12 pm

As it stands we are second bottom above the Daggers on goal difference.

Cobblers 3 points ahead with a game in hand and everyone else at least 3 points ahead with same number of games left as us.

This doesn't bode well.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:14 pm

Fletch is still the right man for the job- he has green blood jocolor
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:28 pm

Northampton are serious about league survival which is why they sacked a failing manager and appointed Boothroyd. Meanwhile we're told to trust in the non-investing speccy b(w)anker and get behind fletcher the clueless. We're being thrown out of the football league in May for being too shit FFS! Where's the f***ing anger from the fans!???!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:32 pm

Freathy wrote:
Northampton are serious about league survival which is why they sacked a failing manager and appointed Boothroyd. Meanwhile we're told to trust in the non-investing speccy b(w)anker and get behind fletcher the clueless. We're being thrown out of the football league in May for being too shit FFS! Where's the f***ing anger from the fans!???!!!!

So, so true.

I'm angry. I get angry at every home game, that I have spent MY money and apparently our owner hasn't. What I am expected to watch and be 'entertained' is laughable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:36 pm

Freathy I showed your post to my (scottish) wife(!!) and she said.
Quote - He's right. Where is the anger from the fans. Less tweeting more training. unquote.

I think the anger is on the rise now, but too little too late.

Edit - BBC site just shown Cobblers win, Torquay also (good luck to them), Crawley 2-2 and Wombles 3-1.
Not looking forward to Saturday evening if results go t*ts up, although don't have to stay up for the FL Show. A consolation.

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vital game tonight    Vital game tonight  Empty

Back to top Go down

Vital game tonight
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next