akagreengull
Tgwu
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Pre-season games - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 10:00 am

Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Not sure budget will be a major issue with the £2m insurance payout for last season? No one would argue that we are crying out for defensive additions but we need at least four strikers to have any chance of changing things up from the bench we were sadly lacking for strength in depth last season.

If you paid any attention to what Hallett has said the last couple of years...  Then you would know, there is not a snowball in hells chance of much, if any, of that £2m going to increase the playing budget.  It will go toward club infrastructure.

I know I was being sarcastic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 12:05 pm

we will be playing brizzle citeh at home on the 27th July.

thats going to give ryan's new defence the tests it needs ready for the new season Smile
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 1:34 pm

Angry wrote:
we will be playing brizzle citeh at home on the 27th July.

thats going to give ryan's new defence the tests it needs ready for the new season Smile

Much more like it. Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 4:37 pm

Make sure you all come and watch my Saltash Side take on Argyle - No ex argyle Chairman in charge at salatsh [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Tickets HERE
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 4:57 pm

We don't stand a chance Saltash 7 Argyle 0.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 5:02 pm

How are things going for you at Saltash Dane?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 5:17 pm

Dane wrote:
Make sure you all come and watch my Saltash Side take on Argyle - No ex argyle Chairman in charge at salatsh  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Tickets HERE

dane as your here

i see you got your dream match against man utd legends coming up but i would like to know seeing as your a fan and ive seen him play many times how is David May classed as a man utd Legend? genuine question hope the game is a sell out for your club as im sure you will attract a crowd.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2021 11:10 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
How are things going for you at Saltash Dane?

Really well thanks. Had a good FA Cup run last season and then got promoted based on our performances over the last 2 seasons. So new challenge for us in the western league next season. Looking forward to playing argyle, I’m sure we will give them a good workout.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2021 11:13 pm

Angry wrote:
Dane wrote:
Make sure you all come and watch my Saltash Side take on Argyle - No ex argyle Chairman in charge at salatsh  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Tickets HERE

dane as your here

i see you got your dream match against man utd legends coming up but i would like to know seeing as your a fan and ive seen him play many times how is David May classed as a man utd Legend? genuine question  hope the game is a sell out for your club as im sure you will attract a crowd.

I know what your saying but he was as part of the treble winning side. I know it’s not Beckham Keane Scholes etc. But still an ex man United player and team coming to play against saltash United.

Those who are local should consider non-league when argyle away next season. Saltash in particular are a lovely friendly club. Never know you might get hooked.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 05, 2021 12:32 am

Dane wrote:
Angry wrote:
Dane wrote:

dane as your here

i see you got your dream match against man utd legends coming up but i would like to know seeing as your a fan and ive seen him play many times how is David May classed as a man utd Legend? genuine question  hope the game is a sell out for your club as im sure you will attract a crowd.

I know what your saying but he was as part of the treble winning side. I know it’s not Beckham Keane Scholes etc. But still an ex man United player and team coming to play against saltash United.

Those who are local should consider non-league when argyle away next season. Saltash in particular are a lovely friendly club.  Never know you might get hooked.

Very true Dane I've been to Saltash a couple of times and do Tavvy a few times a season, cheap afternoon out, you can have a beer and the football is pretty entertaining. Best of luck.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 6:59 am

Two weeks two days time preseason begins

One new player signed up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 8:57 am

Tgwu wrote:

One new player signed up

no rush at all.

rather ryan took it right too deadline day and got the right players in over rushing just to get all his business done by 2 weeks and 2 days.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 11:00 am

Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

One new player signed up

no rush at all.

rather ryan took it right too deadline day and got the right players in over rushing just to get all his business done by 2 weeks and 2 days.

He's had all season to recognise the weaknesses in the squad and you'd hope that by now he'd know who he wanted. I think the last minute scramble for players is far from ideal you want them all in for pre season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 11:40 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

One new player signed up

no rush at all.

He's had all season to recognise the weaknesses in the squad and you'd hope that by now he'd know who he wanted. I think the last minute scramble for players is far from ideal you want them all in for pre season.

its very rare for any manager to have all his signings done and dusted before pre season starts. Lets not forget one obvious thing that is getting overlooked by some. Alot of players are still on holiday atm same with some club officials and managers.
I have no doubt the club is talking to players via agents despite this and when we start nearing the start of pre season when holidays start to end probably tomorrow if some have fled to Portugal we will start seeing more frequent signings incoming as the players will be here to be presented to media and do the usual bs about this being a big club and great fans and its a dream to play here while holding up a scarf etc etc etc.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 3:05 pm

Look on league one news now and see all the signing going on.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 3:46 pm

Can't be everybody is on holiday. Lol. It's never stopped our rivals doing it and last minute.com just looks like bargain hunting to me and it's held us back the last few years.
As I mentioned recently if we signed a decent striker the season ticket sales would take a good leap. I know a few ST holders that are waiting to see who we sign as they weren't impressed with the collapse at the end of the season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 11:13 am

Got another home game against Swansea to add to the list..
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2021 8:50 am

Good to see pre season now includes three fixtures with Championship teams. cheers
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2021 9:50 am

What about Torquay?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2021 5:57 pm

Tgwu wrote:
What about Torquay?

they haven't finished their season yet and by the time they do we come back for pre season they wont have the time to play us unless they do go up and got to rush a pre season with very little downtime for the players in that case im sure thy will turn to us for a game at the last minute.

fwiw its Absolutely mickey mouse crazy from the vanarama premiership officials to do the playoffs like this, why they couldn't have speeded them up and get it done and dusted by now so the players could have a break before starting up again.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pre-season games
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2