akagreengull
Tgwu
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Pre-season games Empty
PostSubject: Pre-season games   Pre-season games EmptyThu May 13, 2021 7:47 pm

Preseason will start in six weeks' time.

Ryan Lowe and his coaching staff will begin preseason training on Wednesday, June 23.

Games pencil in are

Plymouth Parkway Date TBC

Saltash United v Argyle XI at Kimberley Stadium on Wednesday, July 14, with a 6pm kick-off

Tavistock at Langsford Park on Wednesday, July 14, Time TBC

Middlesbrough at Home Park on Friday, July 23 for a 7pm kick-off.

Argyle will have at least three home games in pre-season

Away tour may take place but we have got to look at it because of the restrictions.

Fixtures for LEAGUE 1 new season will be announced on Thursday, June 24

2021/22 League One campaign which will begin on Saturday, August 7

Back to top Go down

Pre-season games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games EmptyThu May 13, 2021 9:19 pm

once again mainly pub teams ffs and Middlesbrough isnt a coup warnock always has his teams down here for pre season so it was bound to happen.

we need testing games so i trust the 2 other home games and the tour wherever it may happen if at all provides them.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Pre-season games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games EmptyThu May 13, 2021 9:20 pm

Usual fare, local teams plus whatever team Neil Warnock is managing at the time. laugh
Back to top Go down

Pre-season games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games EmptyThu May 13, 2021 9:30 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Usual fare, local teams plus whatever team Neil Warnock is managing at the time. laugh
Bound to have the traditional truro and torquay games thrown in lol
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

Pre-season games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games EmptyThu May 13, 2021 10:41 pm

Angry wrote:
once again mainly pub teams ffs and Middlesbrough isnt a coup warnock always has his teams down here for pre season so it was bound to happen.

we need testing games so i trust the 2 other home games and the tour wherever it may happen if at all provides them.

Steady on
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Pre-season games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games EmptyFri May 14, 2021 7:10 am

Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Truro will be playing at Bolitho Park next season, a lot of work is taking place there at the moment.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Pre-season games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games EmptyFri May 14, 2021 8:29 am

Was hoping there may be a pre season at Buckland Athletic this season, given I live nearby, think the last one was three seasons ago? It's a good ground and pitch at that level.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Pre-season games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games EmptyFri May 14, 2021 8:33 am

First win of the season for Parkway
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Pre-season games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games EmptyFri May 14, 2021 9:20 am

Ooos goin saltaaash away jocolor
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Pre-season games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games EmptyFri May 14, 2021 10:21 am

I think playing Saltash, Parkway and Tavistock is fine and we should play the local sides, I would also like a few testing games against higher opposition leading up to the first match of the season.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Pre-season games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games EmptyFri May 14, 2021 10:32 am

Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Torquay? Are you mad? They could be a L2 team next season, far too challenging!! More likely Weymouth
Back to top Go down

Pre-season games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games EmptyFri May 14, 2021 10:36 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
I think playing Saltash, Parkway and Tavistock is fine and we should play the local sides, I would also like a few testing games against higher opposition leading up to the first match of the season.
that would be fine with me too if we sent makeshift 11 to them made with yts, trialists and some first teamers with at least one of them being the first game for the first team before we moved on to a team in a higher league and so and so forth finishing with a prem club hopefully. 

The way its setting up looks like we are playing nothing but local teams in devon and cornwall and thats not going to be the tests we need to see how the team is coming along and what we need to work on. I'm sure we could learn more from a 3-0 defeat to a Middlesbrough for example then we ever will for a 12-0 win against saltash or tavistock.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

Pre-season games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games EmptyFri May 14, 2021 11:52 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Ooos goin saltaaash away jocolor

I’ll be there
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Pre-season games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games EmptySun May 30, 2021 4:54 am

Only four weeks to preseason. not much news on the signing front. Squad looking a bit thin.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Pre-season games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games EmptySun May 30, 2021 6:04 am

Tgwu wrote:
Only four weeks to preseason. not much news on the signing front. Squad looking a bit thin.

Season hasn't even ended yet...
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Pre-season games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games EmptySun May 30, 2021 7:12 am

Most new contracts start on 1st July, I expect players and Clubs will wait till nearer then for final offers and decisions from current players who got offered new contracts.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Pre-season games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games EmptySun May 30, 2021 7:43 am

Grovehill wrote:
Most new contracts start on 1st July, I expect players and Clubs will wait till nearer then for final offers and decisions from current players who got offered new contracts.

What about Grant and Mayor? if players contracts ends at the end of June and have not been offer a new contract I thought they be rushing to sign for a big forward think club.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Pre-season games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games EmptySun May 30, 2021 9:59 am

Tgwu wrote:

Got a sneaking feeling half our signings will be loans made in the last week before the new season starts. Funny that this season not being finished hasn't hampered Rovers with their signings.
Back to top Go down

Pre-season games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games EmptySun May 30, 2021 10:04 am

Rickler wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Season hasn't even ended yet...

exactly why the rush we have until august 31st to sign players
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Pre-season games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games EmptySun May 30, 2021 11:46 am

And blameing the bad start because we hae not click yet or we still trying to find our best starting eleven.

We need every one in preseaon
Back to top Go down

Pre-season games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games EmptySun May 30, 2021 12:03 pm

Tgwu wrote:
And blameing the bad start because we hae not click yet or we still trying to find our best starting eleven.

We need every one in preseaon

It would be ideal to have every signing in before pre season starts but its never happened once at any club and when they did changethe window to close before the season started there was uproar over it. I'm sure Ryan is going to bring in a few loanees hopefully not too many and they wont become available till their club starts pre season.
Also, with the amount of new players that will be coming in whether we got them all in now or right up to 31st August it wouldn't make a difference on the gelling and clicking phase of the squad.
There will be too many new faces getting to know the old faces for there to be immediate cohesion and relationships developed which is why i trust Ryan has booked a a good pre season with some testing games where the players have to be playing at a higher standard each game that comes till you finish with Middlesbrough or another higher league team and not just have us playing local pub sides. That's the only way you can speed up the blooding in period and hope it doesnt drag too much into the new season because the players would have to work with one another under a bit of pressure.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Pre-season games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games EmptySun May 30, 2021 12:43 pm

Still after a forward you said we do not need. see (Transfer Rumors thread)
Back to top Go down

Pre-season games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games EmptySun May 30, 2021 1:23 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Still after a forward you said we do not need. see (Transfer Rumors thread)

I've never said that.

All i have said repeatedly is we need defenders which we do over a striker as the defence is a bigger priority atm especially when finances are concerned as we were terrible at defending last season and we leaked 80 odd goals and currently we only have only have 2 in new signing Wilson and Tomlinson.
We do have first year pro Purcell also however wont be featuring much if at all and probably be loaned out next season before that gets brought up.

You will also see on the subject of strikers even before Mullin was dreamt up that i said we should indeed bring in a striker. However ive said stated that this striker should be a different kind of striker to the 3 we have now a target man if you will who can change games when he comes on which is what we need rather than another striker who is the same ilk as the 3 we have in the way he plays.
Nouble during his short stay here was that guy and Jephcott actually benefitted from him at times. Worth mentioning  also as its lost on some we just invested funds and long term contracts in Hardie and Ennis they arent going anywhere atm who do you think is going to be moved on who only has 12 months left on his deal to give those two and mullin regular football cause no manager will keep 4 strikers all promised regular first team football happy especially at this level?

It just doesnt make sense at this time financial or logical to me to blow a sizeable proportion of a transfer budget on a striker when the defence is the area needs the investment.
Also on the flipside of that unless Ryan address the creativity in the team especially from the wing backs and in the middle and not run everything through Mayor that mullin or whoever wouldn't score 10 let alone 30+
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Pre-season games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games EmptySun May 30, 2021 3:56 pm

Not sure budget will be a major issue with the £2m insurance payout for last season? No one would argue that we are crying out for defensive additions but we need at least four strikers to have any chance of changing things up from the bench we were sadly lacking for strength in depth last season.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Pre-season games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games EmptyMon May 31, 2021 10:02 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Not sure budget will be a major issue with the £2m insurance payout for last season? No one would argue that we are crying out for defensive additions but we need at least four strikers to have any chance of changing things up from the bench we were sadly lacking for strength in depth last season.

If you paid any attention to what Hallett has said the last couple of years... Then you would know, there is not a snowball in hells chance of much, if any, of that £2m going to increase the playing budget. It will go toward club infrastructure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pre-season games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games Empty

Back to top Go down

Pre-season games
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next