mouldyoldgoat
Dog Bone Malone
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

European Super League Set To Be Announced  Empty
PostSubject: European Super League Set To Be Announced    European Super League Set To Be Announced  EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 4:09 pm

If true, it was only a matter of time until the cream of this countries clubs succumbed to the lure of mega bucks.

6 English team involved. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: European Super League Set To Be Announced    European Super League Set To Be Announced  EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 4:12 pm

hopefully FIFA veto that stupid idea that will flop majorly after a few seasons when the novelty of those teams playing each other so often is lost and fans cant afford to travel around Europe for games..

i am very happy to see French and German clubs say no to it for now at least.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: European Super League Set To Be Announced    European Super League Set To Be Announced  EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 4:37 pm

Let them do it and take the top 6 English clubs with them but ban them from all domestic competitions including leagues so no B teams.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: European Super League Set To Be Announced    European Super League Set To Be Announced  EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 5:12 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Let them do it and take the top 6 English clubs with them but ban them from all domestic competitions including leagues so no B teams.

UEFA put out a statement
its quoted

UEFA wrote:
UEFA, the English Football Association and the Premier League, the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) and LaLiga, and the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) and Lega Serie A have learned that a few English, Spanish and Italian clubs may be planning to announce their creation of a closed, so-called Super League.

If this were to happen, we wish to reiterate that we – UEFA, the English FA, RFEF, FIGC, the Premier League, LaLiga, Lega Serie A, but also FIFA and all our member associations – will remain united in our efforts to stop this cynical project, a project that is founded on the self-interest of a few clubs at a time when society needs solidarity more than ever.

We will consider all measures available to us, at all levels, both judicial and sporting in order to prevent this happening. Football is based on open competitions and sporting merit; it cannot be any other way.

As previously announced by FIFA and the six Federations, the clubs concerned will be banned from playing in any other competition at domestic, European or world level, and their players could be denied the opportunity to represent their national teams.

We thank those clubs in other countries, especially the French and German clubs, who have refused to sign up to this. We call on all lovers of football, supporters and politicians, to join us in fighting against such a project if it were to be announced. This persistent self-interest of a few has been going on for too long. Enough is enough.

I'd dock them points if they come out with that statement of intention this season and next. Might mean West Ham win the premiership but a stand needs to be taken.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: European Super League Set To Be Announced    European Super League Set To Be Announced  EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 10:29 pm

Can you imagine how boring watching football in that league would be? Closed shop with no relegation, or promotion into it, no Champions league, same teams playing each other multiple times in a season. It's cynical beyond belief and is purely aimed at global TV deals and global marketing. Because it's such a shite idea it will obviously go ahead despite protestations from EUFA, EPL Seria A and La Liga as the clubs involved hold all the cards and money is the driver.

It will happen so the EPL may as be dissolved and the former EPL clubs come back into the Football League.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: European Super League Set To Be Announced    European Super League Set To Be Announced  EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 11:48 pm

i truly hope fans boycott this and refuse to watch the games much like they did when the premiership tried doing ppv games earlier this season cause that is the only way fans are going to get the message accross to those dicks that this isnt wanted nor needed other than to fleece fans of more money and they have the cheek to cite the covid crisis as a reason to do this to bring about security in football lol.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: European Super League Set To Be Announced    European Super League Set To Be Announced  EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 6:47 am

Even after seeing all the articles am still not sure if this is a league in itself or a group to replace the Champions league ??
Cup competition or a league...or both ??
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: European Super League Set To Be Announced    European Super League Set To Be Announced  EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 7:49 am

Having watched Sky/ITV since 6am I'm none the wiser

Appears to me its an outright "league" and nothing to do with replacing the Champions league but purely guessing
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: European Super League Set To Be Announced    European Super League Set To Be Announced  EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 8:01 am

Fans actually hold all the aces here. There is a multi-billion pound pot that would be shared out between the breakaways. That pot would ultimately be recouped by broadcasting and advertising revenue from worldwide tv rights.

If fans in the first instance shun attendance at these games, imagine how embarrassing that would be.

And secondly, if fans refuse en masse to subscribe to the pay channels broadcasting it, then it literally falls on its arse instantly.

Simple as that.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: European Super League Set To Be Announced    European Super League Set To Be Announced  EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 8:11 am

I think it's being spun as merely a replacement for the Champions League but in reality it's a breakaway league and the clubs involved will no longer compete in their own domestic leagues. Hopefully Manu U fans will now support FC United of Manchester and Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City and Spurs fans will start their own replacement clubs. It'll be a boring closed shop league that the remaining fans of those clubs will mostly only get to watch on TV. Players won't care about threat of being banned from representing their countries either as the moolah waved in front of them will outweigh that. Plus it's an empty threat anyway.

This will be the final straw for a lot of EFL clubs with many going out of business or having to go semi-professional.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: European Super League Set To Be Announced    European Super League Set To Be Announced  EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 8:30 am

Or the fans of those clubs will go out to other local clubs to get their live football fix. Clubs like Burnley, Blackburn and Wigan could see an increase in attendances.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: European Super League Set To Be Announced    European Super League Set To Be Announced  EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 10:58 am

From what I understood its an addition the the existing structure not a replacement, the lucky six would play midweek games in the new league as well as their league and champions league fixtures.
They have been proposing this for the prem for a while now and it's as ridiculous as making exceptions for Celtic and Rangers to become "English" clubs. Without competition how is it classed as competition?
We need more sportsmen running sport and tell the money men to feck off.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: European Super League Set To Be Announced    European Super League Set To Be Announced  EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 11:01 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Fans actually hold all the aces here. There is a multi-billion pound pot that would be shared out between the breakaways. That pot would ultimately be recouped by broadcasting and advertising revenue from worldwide tv rights.

If fans in the first instance shun attendance at these games, imagine how embarrassing that would be.

And secondly, if fans refuse en masse to subscribe to the pay channels broadcasting it, then it literally falls on its arse instantly.

Simple as that.

Nice idea except most people have no principles whatsoever and also the games will be bought by BT and Sky then all the Arse and Manyoo fans will watch it as they already have subscriptions. Maybe enough fans will veto it to make it unviable we live in hope.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: European Super League Set To Be Announced    European Super League Set To Be Announced  EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 11:01 am

What about all the moaning they do about too many games?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: European Super League Set To Be Announced    European Super League Set To Be Announced  EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 12:00 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
From what I understood its an addition the the existing structure not a replacement, the lucky six would play midweek games in the new league as well as their league and champions league fixtures.
They have been proposing this for the prem for a while now and it's as ridiculous as making exceptions for Celtic and Rangers to become "English" clubs. Without competition how is it classed as competition?
We need more sportsmen running sport and tell the money men to feck off.

They think that but in truth they will be kicked out of all competitions and its even in the rule books they signed up too.  

As for the old firm i never want those clubs anywhere near english football given how mentally disturbed their fans are and how both clubs used religious hatred to profit.

I have to say why real madrid, barcelona and Atletico madrid signed up to it when they haven't put this to vote as is a requirement in Spanish football is more than likely the reason why this league will be cancelled cause i cant see their fans being happy about this well maybe Barcelona. Thank goodness the Germans lead the way in football and how it should be run in their country.

Last edited by Angry on Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: European Super League Set To Be Announced    European Super League Set To Be Announced  EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 12:02 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

exactly
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: European Super League Set To Be Announced    European Super League Set To Be Announced  EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 12:08 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

The mega wages will miraculously make those woes disappear. Funny uh?
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: European Super League Set To Be Announced    European Super League Set To Be Announced  EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 12:29 pm

And of course. The timing is impeccable, with no fans inside grounds to remonstrate their frustration and no large crowds allowed to gather re Covid rules.

These feckers have planned this to the tea.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: European Super League Set To Be Announced    European Super League Set To Be Announced  EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 2:15 pm

Be interesting to hear what the players in the 'big 6' think about it, particularly if the threat to ban them from other domestic competitions and from playing for their countries comes to fruition - which I hope it does.

It won't matter to some players who will just follow the money, but what about players like Harry Kane, captain of England and who has always struck me as a decent bloke. I can't honestly see him giving up the captaincy and not playing in a World Cup. Rashford is another one, Sterling also.

Given the outcry from all quarters, I'd be surprised to see it happen but money talks especially if the TV companies are behind it.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: European Super League Set To Be Announced    European Super League Set To Be Announced  EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 2:16 pm

I don't think it's intended as an additional competition at all. I think the greedy 6 and their counterparts in Spain and Italy fully expect not to take part in any domestic or other European competitions. But that will not bother them one bit, they know their 'fans' will huff and puff but will all subscribe to the TV/streaming services in the end. Players won't care about domestic and international bans as all they see is £££s. The idea is for a total break away closed shop league for the mega rich of Europe.

It is the end of football as we know it.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: European Super League Set To Be Announced    European Super League Set To Be Announced  EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 2:17 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Be interesting to hear what the players in the 'big 6' think about it, particularly if the threat to ban them from other domestic competitions and from playing for their countries comes to fruition - which I hope it does

It just has....
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: European Super League Set To Be Announced    European Super League Set To Be Announced  EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 4:53 pm

laugh laugh After the Spurs debacle gotta get our own back......

European Super League Set To Be Announced  Screen36
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: European Super League Set To Be Announced    European Super League Set To Be Announced  EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 6:03 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
laugh laugh  After the Spurs debacle gotta get our own back......

European Super League Set To Be Announced  Screen36

yet still won more than those yids lol
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: European Super League Set To Be Announced    European Super League Set To Be Announced  EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 6:55 pm

Someone who is a Manyoo Plymothian scummer told me earlier that Jose was sacked because he refused to let his players train in protest over the super league.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: European Super League Set To Be Announced    European Super League Set To Be Announced  EmptyMon Apr 19, 2021 6:58 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Someone who is a Manyoo Plymothian scummer told me earlier that Jose was sacked because he refused to let his players train in protest over the super league.

and another says its because Levy want to get rid of Jose and has a target in mind and didnt want him to win the league cup as it would have muddied the waters getting shot of him.

Last edited by Angry on Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: European Super League Set To Be Announced    European Super League Set To Be Announced  Empty

Back to top Go down

European Super League Set To Be Announced
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next