Elias
Grovehill
Freathy
Tgwu
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Burton v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burton v Plymouth Argyle    Burton v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 3:29 pm

guy branston said it brilliantly and i hope some Argyle fan not watching the funeral records what he said and sends it too Ryan. We were 1-0 and he was saying several times we should be controlling the ball and not rushing to getting forward with it as we lose the ball everytime rushing as if we got to score another one and we are 1-0 down.

That shouldn't be rocket science to Ryan he should know this and relay it to the players.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Plymouth Argyle    Burton v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 3:34 pm

This isnt right surely lol ?? BBC table showing clearly a win and 3 points as of 2 minutes ago

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Plymouth Argyle    Burton v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 4:07 pm

Angry wrote:
guy branston said it brilliantly and i hope some Argyle fan not watching the funeral records what he said and sends it too Ryan. We were 1-0 and he was saying several times we should be controlling the ball and not rushing to getting forward with it as we lose the ball everytime rushing as if we got to score another one and we are 1-0 down.

That shouldn't be rocket science to Ryan he should know this and relay it to the players.

He was very good all game, I wish Argyle had a defensive coach like him
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Plymouth Argyle    Burton v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 4:33 pm

Well I think 99% were predicting a defeat, not sure what was being expected by all, disappointed we didn’t get the win that I thought we deserved, a decent performance against L1’s in form team
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Plymouth Argyle    Burton v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 4:40 pm

Graiser wrote:
Well I think 99% were predicting a defeat, not sure what was being expected by all, disappointed we didn’t get the win that I thought we deserved, a decent performance against L1’s in form team

stats dont lie nor do eyes a draw was a fair reflection.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Plymouth Argyle    Burton v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 4:49 pm

Well at least we didn't get walloped again.

Lowe must be sacked as soon as the season ends at the very latest. Need time for a new manager to get rid of all Lowe's deadwood and get his own players in.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Plymouth Argyle    Burton v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 4:59 pm

RegGreen wrote:
But still mathematically possible I think...but we’re be alright no dramas were as good as up

Yep, we can still be caught by Rochdale who have a game in hand. We're not going to pick up any more points this season so still need all the teams below us to be as shite as we are.

LOWE OUT NOW
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Plymouth Argyle    Burton v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 5:17 pm

Did'nt get stuffed which was a shock i suppose, anyway when is the Trophy presentation to celebrate not getting dumped back into Brents league ?
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Plymouth Argyle    Burton v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 5:47 pm

Safe for another season in League One. Shame there prob wont be a lap of honour for the Green Army to show their appreciation.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Plymouth Argyle    Burton v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 7:05 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Safe for another season in League One. Shame there prob wont be a lap of honour for the Green Army to show their appreciation.

Lap of honour-you having a laugh? What's the honour in avoiding getting dumped into the fourth tier?

By the time next season starts, I hope this season's under achievers will have been moved on.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Plymouth Argyle    Burton v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 8:16 pm

Grovehill wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

Lap of honour-you having a laugh? What's the honour in avoiding getting dumped into the fourth tier?

By the time next season starts, I hope  this season's under achievers will have been moved on.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Plymouth Argyle    Burton v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 9:43 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

By the time next season starts, I hope  this season's under achievers will have been moved on.

lol!

lol lol
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Plymouth Argyle    Burton v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 10:09 pm

Grovehill wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

Cheer up Grovey, we are staying up, we are staying up, we are staying up...... laugh
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Plymouth Argyle    Burton v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 10:32 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

lol!

lol lol

D'ya know Les,sometimes i think that a good whoosh is even better than having a good shit. cheers
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Plymouth Argyle    Burton v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 11:03 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

lol!

lol lol

D'ya know Les,sometimes i think that a good whoosh is even better than having a good shit. cheers

cheers Seems to be a regular occurrence these days mate, we're all getting older I suppose Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Plymouth Argyle    Burton v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 12:11 am

I'm with the players, I can't wait for this season to peter out. Safe yes but feck me it's tiresome to watch.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Plymouth Argyle    Burton v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 12:18 am

Good point earned but it should have been 3.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Plymouth Argyle    Burton v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 12:28 am

We should be safe this season. Only Rochdale can pass us.

The best any of the bottom 4 can get is if they win all their remaining games.....

Northampton - 52.
Rochdale - 54.
Bristol Rovers - 50.
Swindon - 49.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Plymouth Argyle    Burton v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 5:15 am

Should be safe

Afraid Lowe needs to grasp he cant play this type of football with these standard of players. Yet again on the highlights we had the exact same style of error in defence passing around the box as in the recent 3-0 defeat but fortunately on this occasion Cooper saved well

Absolutely no one not under contract should be retained or offered new terms. None are worthy at this level or capable.

Offload Jepchott for whatever we can get for him as Ennis and Hardie are far better all round players. No point in having a Tynan in the box if we dont have the players to supply him

The return of George Cooper will take Mayors place sitting alongside Camera (apparently on two year contract someone dug that info out on pasoti) next season plus one new midfielder. Then complete new defence albeit we're stuck with the keeper

Up front more than happy with Ennis and Hardie

Its the defending that has let us down all season am sure no one can argue that point
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Plymouth Argyle    Burton v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 11:33 am

Cheer up Grovey, we are staying up, we are staying up, we are staying up...... laugh [/quote]

So what's the target for next season? Safe by Easter? Or mid table respectability?

Best not aim too high. It's enough that we have Community Si (who moved away at the first chance he got) and a committed Manager (committed to not living in the Westcountry, that is)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Plymouth Argyle    Burton v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 11:51 am

Grovehill wrote:

Cheer up Grovey, we are staying up, we are staying up, we are staying up...... laugh

So what's the target for next season? Safe by Easter? Or mid table respectability?

Best not aim too high. It's enough that we have Community Si (who moved away at the first chance he got) and a committed Manager (committed to not living in the Westcountry, that is)[/quote

Sounds like a bit of envy going on here, SH hasn’t lived in the UK for years and if you deem living in various countries and earning a decent bit of dosh then good for him.
As for Lowe I couldn’t give a stuff where he lives, his mate has lived here since 2019, don’t see it matters much.
As for next season’s plans, nobody can give an answer to that yet, so rather than make it up as many tend to do just chill out and wait.
Looking forward to next month when the ST’s go on sale
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Plymouth Argyle    Burton v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 3:54 pm

I'm just thinking of the patter that prospective recruits will get:

"Join PAFC, the South West is a great place to bring up a family"

"What are the schools like, Mr Lowe? Where do your kids go to school?"

"Merseyside. The owner went to school in Plymouth though"

"Aah, that's nice, the owner has always lived in Plymouth-bet he never missed a game since he was a boy"

"Er, no he left Plymouth years ago and lives in the USA. Don't think he saw a match for about 25 years. But he is a fan"

"So you don't have your family there, the owner lives thousands of miles away and you want me to move on the offer of a one year contract?"

"Sorry but I can't offer you a longer contract, we've never even seen you play! TBH, we're only asking 'cos the data says your current team gets 4% more points when you play, and we're desperate for defenders"

"I'm not a defender, I'm a box-to-box midfielder!"

"No worries, the way we defend, Ryan Clark Neal would be an improvement"

"Get lost"

"Fair enough. Now who was that reserve CB I had a pint with when I was at MK? I'll give him a call"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Plymouth Argyle    Burton v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 4:37 pm

Grovehill wrote:

"Aah, that's nice, the owner has always lived in Plymouth-bet he never missed a game since he was a boy"

"Er, no he left Plymouth years ago and lives in the USA. Don't think he saw a match for about 25 years. But he is a fan"

"So you don't have your family there, the owner lives thousands of miles away and you want me to move on the offer of a one year contract?"

"Sorry but I can't offer you a longer contract, we've never even seen you play! TBH, we're only asking 'cos the data says your current team gets 4% more points when you play, and we're desperate for defenders"

"Get lost"

"Fair enough. Now who was that reserve CB I had a pint with when I was at MK? I'll give him a call"

Took you all day to think of that, you need to get a life

But Schumacher could point them in the right direction in regards to housing and schools, so shouldn’t be a real problem
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Plymouth Argyle    Burton v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 5:02 pm

Grovehill wrote:

"Get lost"

Sleep tumbleweed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Plymouth Argyle    Burton v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 5:55 pm

Graiser wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

"Get lost"

Took you all day to think of that, you need to get a life

But Schumacher could point them in the right direction in regards to housing and schools, so shouldn’t be a real problem

it doesnt matter how many times he is told groovy refuses to accept ryan does indeed live down here and still has a house in liverpool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burton v Plymouth Argyle    Burton v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Burton v Plymouth Argyle
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next