VillageGreen
akagreengull
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Freathy

Freathy

Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic   Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 8:56 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
The Gods are not smiling on Argo, Lewis hits the post, let's just write this one off. Hoping the ref blows up early.
Too many games this season have been written off by fans accepting shite, i keep hereing how great a manager Lowe is, when is he going to start proving it ?

We've been shite all season. We were bang average last season and would not have finished anywhere near the top 3 if the season had gone to 46 games. Lowe is a piss poor manager. Hallett won't sack him but I hope Lowe takes some job up north in the summer.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic   Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 8:56 pm

Shocking
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic   Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 8:57 pm

Well I am a fan of Lowe but here and now I would say this is simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH, ok we hit the woodwork three times, but that is no consolation for losing 0 - 2 to yet another relegation team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic   Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 9:00 pm

We could play for another 2 hours and won’t score - so fcukin predictable!!
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic   Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 9:27 pm

Yet again 2 crosses lead to 2 goals with the forwards getting in front of defenders, it's happening every week, we get caught out down the sides. Aimson is proving a liability, his distribution is dreadful, the midfield is great going forward but leaves the defence exposed too often.

We carved out chances but didn't take them, thought Ennis was the pick of the forwards, non stop running and caused them problems all night. Time for him and Hardie up front, Jephcott leading the line isn't working the ball is bouncing off him.

Losing 3 on the bounce isn't great, hard one to come on Saturday. Need to start winning again before too long, but despite the doom merchants on here we've got more than enough to stay up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic   Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 9:29 pm

its amazing our form is matching liverpools atm as we match our style of play on them. who is going to break first and change things up i wonder jurgen or ryan?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic   Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 10:01 pm

Particularly annoying that this slump has come just as Pompey are having one just as alarming and a play off challenge was there to be made but the plain truth is that if 2 and 3 goals are conceded virtually every game then it ain't going to happen.Not sure why Argyle should have gone from a team which was starting to look a solid outfit into one that leaks like a sieve,something for Lowe to sort out and it needs to happen very quickly. Certainly isn't panic stations yet and i don't believe for one moment that relegation is an issue but i kept saying that during the last disastrous months under Adams........
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic   Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 11:14 pm

Keep Mayor out of the game and job done apart from that we just don't have the quality at the back we can't defend or score from set pieces. Like I say take Mayors attacks out and we have feck all to score from.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic   Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 3:12 am

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic   Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 5:33 am

Until we sign a decent keeper who can command his box we're going absolutely nowhere
Too much on the board already to get sucked into a relegation battle but Lowe seems to have no plan B time and time again
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic   Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 7:11 am

Tgwu wrote:

Sadly running out of superlatives? Even poor sides make us look inept!!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic   Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 8:00 am

No shame in losing to a team that not so long ago were lifting the FA Cup.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic   Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 8:22 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Until we sign a decent keeper who can command his box we're going absolutely nowhere
Too much on the board already to get sucked into a relegation battle but Lowe seems to have no plan B time and time again

There's always one muppet who blames Cooper. He had no chance with the goals last night, nor did he for the last few games, it's the defence in front of him that's the problem. When the stats are worked out, I think you'll find Cooper has earned the side as many points as the goalscorers over the season.

He's a very good young keeper and he's getting better all the time.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic   Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 8:45 am

Our biggest problem is the manager. Time for a change.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic   Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 9:10 am

Greenskin wrote:
Particularly annoying that this slump has come just as Pompey are having one just as alarming and a play off challenge was there to be made but the plain truth is that if 2 and 3 goals are conceded virtually every game then it ain't going to happen.Not sure why Argyle should have gone from a team which was starting to look a solid outfit into one that leaks like a sieve,something for Lowe to sort out and it needs to happen very quickly. Certainly isn't panic stations yet and i don't believe for one moment that relegation is an issue but i kept saying that during the last disastrous months under Adams........

Starting to look at results more at the bottom now and hoping our relegation rivals drop as many points in the run-in as we clearly will.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic   Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 9:43 am

harvetheslayer wrote:

You must have a very wide ranging definition of "commanding his box" to think that any goalkeeper had a cat in hells chance of stopping those goals last night.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic   Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 10:55 am

Greenskin wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

You must have a very wide ranging definition of "commanding his box" to think that any goalkeeper had a cat in hells chance of stopping those goals last night.

Tbf I accept both points made here, whilst Cooper didn't have a chance last night he is not commanding his box and you rarely see him marshalling the defence unless there is a free kick and wall situation, I wonder if some it stems from being a junior squad member but "commanding" he isn't. I'm really not convinced by him.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic   Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 11:14 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Tbf I accept both points made here, whilst Cooper didn't have a chance last night he is not commanding his box and you rarely see him marshalling the defence unless there is a free kick and wall situation, I wonder if some it stems from being a junior squad member but "commanding" he isn't. I'm really not convinced by him.

There's different types of keepers though.Someone on PASOTI the other day singled out Rhys Wilmot as being a "come for everything,get out of the way" type of keeper which in fact was the polar opposite of what he was-Wilmot was a line goalkeeper if ever there was one,maybe his coaching has been influential in Coopers case.I did think that Cooper could have done better for Doncasters second goal on Saturday but by and large he's done OK,there are far greater problems of concentration and consistency in front of him.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic   Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 11:25 am

Greenskin wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

There's different types of keepers though.Someone on PASOTI the other day singled out Rhys Wilmot as being a "come for everything,get out of the way" type of keeper which in fact was the polar opposite of what he was-Wilmot was a line goalkeeper if ever there was one,maybe his coaching has been influential in Coopers case.I did think that Cooper could have done better for Doncasters second goal on Saturday but by and large he's done OK,there are far greater problems of concentration and consistency in front of him.

We were both saying in the summer this defence wouldn't cut it and we have been proved right, I'm really not arguing about the defence on the whole they need to go ASAP, time will tell over Cooper but I think this will be his level at best. Larrieu, Mc Cormick and Palmer were all better keepers IMO.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic   Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 11:29 am

It’s pretty clear to me that Lowe/Schumacher/The Dairy Farmer simply do not have the knowledge between them to coach a defensive unit. Players come in and out of the team, but the defensive frailties remain the same. We desperately need a dedicated competent defensive coach.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic   Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 12:58 pm

Les Miserable wrote:

So how many of yesterday's team played in the Cup Final?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic   Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 1:24 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Fore
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic   Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 1:25 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic   Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 1:27 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

lol!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic   Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 9:11 am

BBC Sport 'Ryan Lowe: Plymouth Argyle boss considers tactics to make side 'more solid and resolute'
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic   Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Argyle 19:00 Wigan Athletic
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next