Les Miserable
harvetheslayer
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Freathy

Freathy

Argyle V Gillingham - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Gillingham   Argyle V Gillingham - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 8:38 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Pasoti pretty scathing of Cooper in goal despite not conceding
Either get a keeper in Ryan or put Luke in. This is pro football and its no good people saying he's got to have game time to improve... He wont he's not good enough simple as that and proven match after match

Luke in next match in the interim. We must keep put of the bottom 4 at all times because as the Gull said the season quite liable to end early again

It's inevitable we'll fall into the bottom 4 soon so in all likelihood we will be in the drop zone when the axe falls on this season. Especially as the weighted average points per game will apply again.

I'd say we are definitely relegated
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Gillingham   Argyle V Gillingham - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 11:00 am

Though we got the 3points yesterday i didn’t think we were all that tbh and if gillinghams finishing was better they would have walked away with the points instead as it was they were at least worthy of a draw .
More concerns about the defence but was more visible to see yesterday with Cooper dreadful how many times did he flap at corners and crosses I stopped counting after 5 that he flapped at or he didn’t get nowhere near at all other teams coaches have noticed this as there putting 3or 4 men on him at corners to crowd him out and unsettle him he don’t command his own 6 yard box enough for my liking plus with wooden wooton & static caravan in front of him as well what chance has he got little if any
The only really shinning star his McCleod in front of the defence and look better with him in the side in front of Defence but now could be out with injury again after coming off yesterday
I’d start by putting LMC back in goal vastly expirenced and knows how to control his own 6 yard box for starters
And here’s the problem do we wait till they off load Laurel & hardy first before we get a couple of new centre backs in or get 2 in and worry about off loading them later...the latter for me but either way it needs sorting out a bit sharpo that’s foreshore
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Gillingham   Argyle V Gillingham - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 11:32 am

I listened to the game, agree Cooper had a poor game but kept a clean sheet, Evan's game plan was to put long balls into the box and intimidate a young less imposing keeper, and it worked to some extent.
I also thought Canavan had a decent game, both comments reflected in the Herald ratings.
I'm more concerned about the strikers fading again and the team playing deeper as each game progresses. I really cant see Lowe changing things much particularly keeper selection and I don't think he should.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Gillingham   Argyle V Gillingham - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 11:32 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Either get a keeper in Ryan or put Luke in. This is pro football and its no good people saying he's got to have game time to improve... He wont he's not good enough simple as that and proven match after match

Luke in next match in the interim. We must keep put of the bottom 4 at all times because as the Gull said the season quite liable to end early again

Cooper would have benefited alot from a season out on loan to a club like Torquay for example where he could have gotten the experience and the game time to better aid him with his push to be number one here i feel. Probably last season was the perfect time to have done that.

Mccormick is past it and should never have been re signed.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Gillingham   Argyle V Gillingham - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 11:35 am

harvetheslayer wrote:

Pasoti !lol!  its only Nipples Nool and Dildo left. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Gillingham   Argyle V Gillingham - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 11:44 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Pasoti !lol!  its only Nipples Nool and Dildo left. Laughing Laughing
yeah only fatty pig & Pissy Pants 🐩 and there 200 multi’s left lol!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Gillingham   Argyle V Gillingham - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 11:52 am

If Palmer was still in goal argo would have ten more points, Cooper may well turn out to be a decent keeper one day but he should be learning on loan somewhere else. The club went cheap and now its costing points.     same old argo. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Gillingham   Argyle V Gillingham - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 12:09 pm

Angry wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Cooper would have benefited alot from a season out on loan to a club like Torquay for example where he could have gotten the experience and the game time to better aid him with his push to be number one here i feel. Probably last season was the perfect time to have done that.

keepers get better with age plus if his fit his good enough vastly expirenced keeper plus very vocal at organising the defence in front of him which we could do with right now don’t think he is past it ..didn’t he turn down a 2yr deal from Swindon to re-sign for us so they thought he could do a job
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Gillingham   Argyle V Gillingham - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 12:25 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

keepers get better with age plus if his fit his good enough vastly expirenced keeper plus very vocal at organising the defence in front of him which we could do with right now don’t think he is past it ..didn’t he turn down a 2yr deal from Swindon to re-sign for us so they thought he could do a job

he is here as backup only not to compete as number 1 he was doing the same job at swindon he has past his best but he has a couple of games left in him a season at best he certainly would have been put in goal sooner if he was able to be a fulltime number 1. If ryan had planned to give Cooper competition he would have either pushed harder to re sign Palmer or brought in another.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Gillingham   Argyle V Gillingham - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 1:11 pm

Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

he is here as backup only not to compete as number 1 he was doing the same job at swindon he has past his best but he has a couple of games left in him a season at best he certainly would have been put in goal sooner if he was able to be a fulltime number 1. If ryan had planned to give Cooper competition he would have either pushed harder to re sign Palmer or brought in another.
In my opinion I think LMC Was signed as first choice with Cooper learning under his tutorage with the long term goal of leaning his trade and eventually edging himself in the team
But that went all tits up when LMC Got injured in pre season was worse than they thought it was unfortunately otherwise why would you sling in a rookie keeper that has no league experience whatsoever then just sling him in at L1 level don’t make sense & in fact what don’t make sense is going with the same defence that got relegated from L1 conceding 72 goals is mentel in its own right
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Gillingham   Argyle V Gillingham - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 3:45 pm

The argyle way Reg! scratch confused

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Gillingham   Argyle V Gillingham - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 4:40 pm

Angry wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

"Mccormick is past it and should never have been re signed."
Agree.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Gillingham   Argyle V Gillingham - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 5:24 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Angry wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

"Mccormick is past it and should never have been re signed."
Agree.

I've never rated Cooper and still don't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Gillingham   Argyle V Gillingham - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 5:39 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

In my opinion I think LMC Was signed as first choice with Cooper learning under his tutorage with the long term goal of leaning his trade and eventually edging himself in the team
But that went all tits up when LMC Got injured in pre season was worse than they thought it was unfortunately otherwise why would you sling in a rookie keeper that has no league experience whatsoever then just sling him in at L1 level don’t make sense & in fact what don’t make sense is going with the same defence that got relegated from L1 conceding 72 goals is mentel in its own right

Luke hasn't been a first choice keeper in 3 seasons I cant see how Ryan would have thought he would have been a first choice keeper here to keep Cooper out and do the tutorage as you say bearing in mind he has been suffering injuries that keep him out for long periods for a number of years.

More he was a cheap backup option as lets face it he is on less money now than he was the 2nd time here to spending money on another first choice keeper when he wanted to make Cooper undisputed number one. I don't agree with just one keeper as number one as there should always be another keeper breathing down the number one neck in order to have healthy cover and competition.

I personally would have only brought Luke back to be the 3rd choice to two keepers competing for the spot but had him mainly learning his coaching badges in the youth academy working with the keepers learning the trade under Rhys Wilmott ready to take over should he be any good that is.
Back to top Go down
pafcineurope

pafcineurope

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Gillingham   Argyle V Gillingham - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 11:23 pm

We appear to be a team with not many options. Not a lot of £s, not many players will want to come to the deepest SW! I am not too positive for the end result of this season. Can RL turn it around... not convinced. However when I posted that earlier on PASOTI Mr Newell shot me down. IJN -- N0 I do0n't think they moon landings happened... remember??
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Gillingham   Argyle V Gillingham - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2021 6:15 am

pafcineurope wrote:
We appear to be a team with not many options. Not a lot of £s, not many players will want to come to the deepest SW! I am not too positive for the end result of this season.  Can RL turn it around... not convinced.  However when I posted that earlier on PASOTI  Mr Newell shot me down.  IJN -- N0 I do0n't think they moon landings happened... remember??

lol there are still plenty around that believe the Americans blew up the twin towers let alone some stunt on the moon.

I'm bemused with the constant criticism of Luke as not good enough. He's a sight better option as opposed to Cooper and someone mentioned above he was offered new contract by Swindon

Lowe continues wih Cooper and as Freathy says every chance we'll be bottom 4
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Gillingham   Argyle V Gillingham - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2021 1:15 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
pafcineurope wrote:
We appear to be a team with not many options. Not a lot of £s, not many players will want to come to the deepest SW! I am not too positive for the end result of this season.  Can RL turn it around... not convinced.  However when I posted that earlier on PASOTI  Mr Newell shot me down.  IJN -- N0 I do0n't think they moon landings happened... remember??

lol there are still plenty around that believe the Americans blew up the twin towers let alone some stunt on the moon.

I'm bemused with the constant criticism of Luke as not good enough. He's a sight better option as opposed to Cooper and someone mentioned above he was offered new contract by Swindon

yeah to sit on the bench as backup not as first choice .
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Gillingham   Argyle V Gillingham - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2021 1:56 pm

What's happened to Ruddy? Or was that another signing to help a mate out?

Like Luke Mc, if he's on the payroll, he should be able to play in the first team.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Gillingham   Argyle V Gillingham - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2021 5:20 pm

Grovehill wrote:
What's happened to Ruddy? Or was that another signing to help a mate out?

Like Luke Mc, if he's on the payroll, he should be able to play in the first team.

Ruddy was brought in as emergency cover for Cooper when Luck Mc was injured.

...and no doubt he could play in the first team if needed.

Next...

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Gillingham   Argyle V Gillingham - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2021 7:22 pm

Yes I thought Ruddy was no 2 as Rickler says.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Gillingham   Argyle V Gillingham - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2021 9:29 pm

Ruddy has left now i believe as Rickler says he was brought in to cover Cooper as McCormick was out for a while and only signed till January.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Gillingham   Argyle V Gillingham - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2021 9:43 pm

Angry wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
pafcineurope wrote:

yeah to sit on the bench as backup not as first choice .

Not true Swindon aren’t happy with their GK situation, tried to bring in Joe Day, probably sending their Man U loanee keeper back, so McCormick would have been contesting the first team spot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle V Gillingham   Argyle V Gillingham - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle V Gillingham
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3