Freathy
sufferedsince 68
Greenskin
harvetheslayer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Tony Pulis sacked after 45 days Empty
PostSubject: Tony Pulis sacked after 45 days   Tony Pulis sacked after 45 days EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 4:27 am

From Sheffield Wednesday
Top performance just exceeding Brian Cloughs 44 day debacle at Leeds...

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1377532/Tony-Pulis-sacked-Sheffield-Wednesday-45-days-Championship-news
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Tony Pulis sacked after 45 days   Tony Pulis sacked after 45 days EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 12:07 pm

Odd-Wednesday had just started to pick up a result or two.Maybe something behind the scenes,Pulis was never one to hold back if something was not to his liking.Don't think the supporters were all that enamoured with him though,more of a necessary evil than anything else.No doubt he'll soon get another job at a crisis club.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Tony Pulis sacked after 45 days   Tony Pulis sacked after 45 days EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 12:13 pm

Pulis is a quality manager, Sheff Wed obviously want to get relegated.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Tony Pulis sacked after 45 days   Tony Pulis sacked after 45 days EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 6:09 pm

Probably too many fans moaning about his "anti-football" like Argo fans did when he was saving us from certain relegation after Bobby Williamson's disasterous tenure. Triffic Tone is a great fire fighter with loads of experience and has never been relegated. He'll be back managing somewhere soon. Anymore runs like we had recently and we may need his services.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Tony Pulis sacked after 45 days   Tony Pulis sacked after 45 days EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 6:45 pm

Maybe he's had his day now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tony Pulis sacked after 45 days   Tony Pulis sacked after 45 days EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 7:56 pm

he had a falling out with the chairman concerning the fact wednesday are/were being faced with a transfer embargo in january due to a debt not being paid. A strange sacking i have to say as he was just starting to get his philosophy across to the squad he took over.

Pulis's style of football is boring as shit to watch but it works and effective and with him as manager your pretty much guaranteed to be a safe mid table side nothing more nothing less.
The job he did here in the short time he was here was phenomenal considering the basketcase of the side he inherited and a dickhead chairman in charge more interested in curry nights and taking the opinion of luggy over his own managers concerning football matters. The groundwork he put down was the nucleus for ollie to work apon in the same way del bhey was able to move the team forward after sheridan's reign.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Tony Pulis sacked after 45 days   Tony Pulis sacked after 45 days EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 8:44 pm

Freathy wrote:
Probably too many fans moaning about his "anti-football" like Argo fans did when he was saving us from certain relegation after Bobby Williamson's disasterous tenure.  Triffic Tone is a great fire fighter with loads of experience and has never been relegated.  He'll be back managing somewhere soon.  Anymore runs like we had recently and we may need his services.

I did wonder when someone would start talking about Pullis and Argyle and it was you. How predictable!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Tony Pulis sacked after 45 days   Tony Pulis sacked after 45 days EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 8:26 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Probably too many fans moaning about his "anti-football" like Argo fans did when he was saving us from certain relegation after Bobby Williamson's disasterous tenure.  Triffic Tone is a great fire fighter with loads of experience and has never been relegated.  He'll be back managing somewhere soon.  Anymore runs like we had recently and we may need his services.

I did wonder when someone would start talking about Pullis and Argyle and it was you. How predictable!

.........and how totally predictable it was you that reacted to it

The long winter nights must utterly fly by.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Tony Pulis sacked after 45 days   Tony Pulis sacked after 45 days EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 3:41 pm

Get back to posting your lies ccc.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Tony Pulis sacked after 45 days   Tony Pulis sacked after 45 days EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 4:02 pm

I get why people shout for Pulis as soon as it starts going tits, but FFS. Why do we always look backwards. Gotta be a as capable, hungry young-ish managers out there..

I’m amazed Sturrock hasn’t been mentioned!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Tony Pulis sacked after 45 days   Tony Pulis sacked after 45 days EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 4:14 pm

POI wrote:
I get why people shout for Pulis as soon as it starts going tits, but FFS. Why do we always look backwards. Gotta be a as capable, hungry young-ish managers out there..

Trouble is bhey all the new young managers want to be seen as stylish and progressive, Tone, Holloway etc are not afraid to send out teams to dig in and defend and keep a clean sheet, while the style boys like Ryan would rather pass the ball twenty times and get nowhere.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Tony Pulis sacked after 45 days   Tony Pulis sacked after 45 days EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 8:25 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
POI wrote:

Trouble is bhey all the new young managers want to be seen as stylish and progressive, Tone, Holloway etc are not afraid to send out teams to dig in and defend and keep a clean sheet, while the style boys like Ryan would rather pass the ball twenty times and get nowhere.

Personally I am a fan of a hungry young manager and whilst a massive fan of Pulis and what he did for us I was unfortunate enough to be a season ticket holder throughout his tenure and fook me but it was boring, the whole point of going is to he entertained and I know that free flowing attacking football isn't so great when you are repeatedly getting spanked but I would like somewhere in between the two or even better a Lowe that isn't afraid to admit he's wrong and fix the defensive issues he's inherited and hasn't addressed. New manager would come behind new defence in the shopping list. As for Sturrock I expect we could afford to sign Elliot Ward, Timar and maybe Nalis but what would be the point?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Tony Pulis sacked after 45 days   Tony Pulis sacked after 45 days EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 6:33 pm

Chairman didn't like his tactics
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Tony Pulis sacked after 45 days   Tony Pulis sacked after 45 days EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 11:48 pm

Don't agree that the football at HP was entirely mind numbing under TP. There were some good matches and performances-distinctly remember great wins against Wolves,QPR,Palace [a classic Pulis job],Coventry,Ipswich etc-what would we give for a similar scenario now. Will admit it was turgid to the point of desperation away from though,certainly in the matches that i went to which always seemed to see Argyle lose 1-0 and not have a shot in the entire 90 minutes.Made some good signings in Nalis,Jarrett and Ward which steadied the ship,quality players up to championship standard.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Tony Pulis sacked after 45 days   Tony Pulis sacked after 45 days EmptyFri Jan 01, 2021 9:56 am

Greenskin wrote:
Don't agree that the football at HP was entirely mind numbing under TP. There were some good matches and performances-distinctly remember great wins against Wolves,QPR,Palace [a classic Pulis job],Coventry,Ipswich etc-what would we give for a similar scenario now. Will admit it was turgid to the point of desperation away from though,certainly in the matches that i went to which always seemed to see Argyle lose 1-0 and not have a shot in the entire 90 minutes.Made some good signings in Nalis,Jarrett and Ward which steadied the ship,quality players up to championship standard.
I enjoyed going to matches under pulis and being a season ticket holder them i saw most of them, he sent out eleven battlers to win and i much prefer argo winning one nill than playing tippy tappy shite and losing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tony Pulis sacked after 45 days   Tony Pulis sacked after 45 days Empty

Back to top Go down

Tony Pulis sacked after 45 days
Page 1 of 1