Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ??

Go down 
+7
Les Miserable
Lord Melbury
Freathy
Earwegoagain
seadog
Dog Bone Malone
harvetheslayer
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ?? Empty
PostSubject: Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ??   Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ?? EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 6:47 am

Assuming sanctioned/approved if your age group came up "tomorrow" would you be in the queue the same day ??
No waiting around to see if others get sick first no waiting for 6 months etc etc.....yes or no

Made my feelings clear before. Jab me tomorrow no problem

Last edited by harvetheslayer on Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ??   Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ?? EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 7:19 am

Yes, of course. Anything to get back to something resembling normality.

Quite hilarious reading the the anit-vaxers, flat-earthers and the Janner Illuminati's comments on these new mind-bending, brain-conditioning vaccines across social media. Laughing

On a serious note, I think everyone has a duty of care to the rest of us to have the vaccine - if only so PhE and the NHS can then get to grips with the oncoming cancer backlog tsunami - and other ailments that people haven't been able to get treatment for.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ??   Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ?? EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 7:35 am

Oh yes, stick it in me big boy.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ??   Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ?? EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 10:57 am

The impact of the first Covid vaccine will kick in significantly over summer and life should be back to normal by next winter, its creator has said.
Prof Ugur Sahin, co-founder of BioNTech, said this winter would still be hard as the vaccine would not have a big impact on infection numbers.

My big worry is that people think because we have a vaccine we can carry on as normal now. Realistically as a 57 yr old male I wouldn't have thought I would even get a dose by the early summer. It's one thing for the vaccine to be available but quite another for this Governemnt to administer in an efficient manner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ??   Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ?? EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 11:13 am

no i want to be 100% sure its safe and actually works against catching it.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ??   Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ?? EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 12:01 pm

The mass vaccination programme is bound to be one big cluster f*** going by everything useless government has cocked up. So not convinced every one who wants it is going to get it.

On the actual vaccine itself I'd have it tomorrow. I've had vaccines for just about everything over the years so I've no problem at all with the Covid vaccine. Not worried about minor 'side effects' like soreness or a mild fever for 24 hours. Nothing could be as bad as the typhoid vaccine I had once. I thought they'd given me typhoid.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ??   Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ?? EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 12:57 pm

I'd agree with the Typhoid comment Freathy, I've had all sorts of jabs to travel, Tetanus, Hep, Polio as a Kid but the Typhoid one is a bastard. It's the most innocuous little dose then about eight hours later my arm felt like it had been kicked by a horse and I felt really ill for a week. I sure wouldn't want to get the real thing.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ??   Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ?? EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 1:09 pm

No overly bothered by a rushed vaccine but I’ll prefer to take my chances with my body’s own antibodies for the time being having already had CV19.
As Freathy said it’s bound to be a mass fuckup in some way. Incompetence abounds throughout the UK’s suited class.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ??   Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ?? EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 1:39 pm

Christ LM, did you test positive?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ??   Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ?? EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 2:05 pm

Having got used to dealing with big and little pricks I say bring it on
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ??   Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ?? EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 2:28 pm

Copy and pasted....

"Head of Oxford vaccine (Astrazeneca) team Professor Andrew Pollard, says the team is 'optimistic' about getting the go-ahead for the 'miracle' vaccine by Christmas time. And their vaccine is stored at 'fridge temperature' and is very close to demonstrating 'efficacy', and Tens of million doses are already being manufactured and ten times cheaper than the Pfizer"

I don't think they are manufacturing these if the results are bad, so fingers crossed that the "results" are imminent
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ??   Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ?? EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 3:12 pm

This is the danger, the race is on to outdo and undercut their competitors, tis an accident waiting to happen. They should be working together to find the safest and most efficient/affordable option for all countries. They could share the profits, there'll be plenty to go around.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ??   Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ?? EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 5:32 pm

seadog wrote:
Indeed SD. Mild symptoms though thankfully, the worst being lose of taste & smell for three weeks.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ??   Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ?? EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 5:37 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
This is the danger, the race is on to outdo and undercut their competitors, tis an accident waiting to happen. They should be working together to find the safest and most efficient/affordable option for all countries. They could share the profits, there'll be plenty to go around.

Agreed and that should have followed a united UK, EU and World wide response and rules to tackle the outbreak.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ??   Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ?? EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 5:58 pm

Knowing my luck, being a peasant and an oik, I'll be given the cheapo vaccine, and 6 months later I'll wake up with 3 eyes, a massive pointy head and tentacles where my spunk trumpet was. FFS. laugh
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ??   Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ?? EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 6:01 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
No overly bothered by a rushed vaccine but I’ll prefer to take my chances with my body’s own antibodies for the time being having already had CV19.
As Freathy said it’s bound to be a mass fuckup in some way. Incompetence abounds throughout the UK’s suited class.

Glad you're OK now, M'lud. Thumbs
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ??   Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ?? EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 8:15 pm

Indeed, good to hear it was mild.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ??   Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ?? EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 8:17 pm

Happy to have the vaccine as soon as possible, will i be able to go posh leg humping straight away after the vaccine ? just asking for a friend. cheers Pig
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ??   Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ?? EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 11:03 pm

I will take it when I am told too.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ??   Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ?? EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 11:11 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
seadog wrote:
Indeed SD. Mild symptoms though thankfully, the worst being lose of taste & smell for three weeks.

Good to hear you are well again.

We had a family friend who's daughter was in contact with someone who was positive. All the family were tested and father and daughter were positive but his wife wasn't. What pissed him off was the fact that it hit him the hardest and he said that some days he couldn't get out off bed because he felt so shit but the other two were fine, no symptoms from his daughter at all!

Over a month later he still hasn't got his full taste and smell back.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ??   Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ?? EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 12:08 pm

Angry wrote:
no i want to be 100% sure its safe and actually works against catching it.

Good point and one many on the talk-ins have raised.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ??   Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ?? EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 12:12 pm

POI wrote:
Lord Melbury wrote:

Glad you're OK now, M'lud. Thumbs

Second that.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ??   Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ?? EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 12:14 pm

POI wrote:
Yes, of course. Anything to get back to something resembling normality.

Quite hilarious reading the the anit-vaxers, flat-earthers and the Janner Illuminati's comments on these new mind-bending, brain-conditioning vaccines across social media. Laughing

On a serious note, I think everyone has a duty of care to the rest of us to have the vaccine - if only so PhE and the NHS can then get to grips with the oncoming cancer backlog tsunami - and other ailments that people haven't been able to get treatment for.

In it just !!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ??   Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ?? EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 1:49 pm

Talking to an anti vaxer mate of mine who's also a dedicated traveller he reckons he's going to get a forged certificate to say he's had the jab (probably via Harve) so he can travel next year as he thinks the jab is dangerous. FFS what's more dangerous? Having a jab which has been tested on 20,000 people or catching Covid or even worse carrying it to a country that has got on top of it. People are mental period.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ??   Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ?? EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 2:40 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Talking to an anti vaxer mate of mine who's also a dedicated traveller he reckons he's going to get a forged certificate to say he's had the jab (probably via Harve) so he can travel next year as he thinks the jab is dangerous. FFS what's more dangerous? Having a jab which has been tested on 20,000 people or catching Covid or even worse carrying it to a country that has got on top of it. People are mental period.

Innit Ears.

I’m all for the freedoms of choice we Brits take for granted every day. But it just perplexes me that some people honestly believe that getting vaccinated can be more dangerous than potentially getting Covid - because that is the exact choice you’re making.

Then of course, you have the situation whereby people choosing not to get vaccinated means Covid hangs around and will continue killing people for years to come.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ??   Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Vaccine.....will you take it at the earliest opportunity ??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next