Rickler
Earwegoagain
RegGreen
Tgwu
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Vaccine passports at football matches Empty
PostSubject: Vaccine passports at football matches   Vaccine passports at football matches EmptySun Jul 25, 2021 4:12 am

Vaccine passports at football matches coming meaning fans must be double jabbed

Government sources confirmed to the Sunday Mirror that talks between senior officials at the Department of Health, the Department of Culture Media and Sport and Premier League are ongoing

Vaccine passports set to be introduced at football matches could result in 210,000 fans being red-carded each week.

Supporters face being locked out of stadiums in England unless they are double-jabbed.

Plans to show passports at turnstiles are being finalised by the Tories after talks with footie chiefs, the Sunday Mirror can reveal.

The move would apply to ALL 92 professional clubs in England – raising fears of financial meltdown for lower-league teams who need matchday cash to survive.

A government source said yesterday: “Talks are taking place between the departments and the Premier League who are keen on this idea. No decision has been made yet.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine passports at football matches   Vaccine passports at football matches EmptySun Jul 25, 2021 8:39 am

I haven’t decided what to do for next season yet my health comes first if you haven’t got that you got nothing
My age & medicial history ..iam debating weather to have another season watching it on new Argyle TV…instead of perchasing my regular season tickets ..though health comes first even though I’ve been double jabbed it’s still
Not quaranteed that you won’t get it but it lessers the risks for people my age
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine passports at football matches   Vaccine passports at football matches EmptySun Jul 25, 2021 8:57 am

I am in the same boat as you Reg but I have bought my ST and have been to two preseason games. I still wear my mask in side the ground. I leave just before injury time because most fans do not put their mask back on when they leaves. If the young fans wants to help the club they need to receive their jabs.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine passports at football matches   Vaccine passports at football matches EmptySun Jul 25, 2021 9:18 am

The wife sudgestion if this is implicated that season ticket holders proof of vaccine could be put on to their ST account like age and concessions.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine passports at football matches   Vaccine passports at football matches EmptySun Jul 25, 2021 10:20 am

The story that I read said that all 92 clubs would implement it yet lower down it said "any game over 20,000 fans"? All blather at the moment I'm not sure of this is just a nudge to the unvaccinated under thirties following Southgate yesterday urging the same group to get it done.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine passports at football matches   Vaccine passports at football matches EmptySun Jul 25, 2021 2:36 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
The story that I read said that all 92 clubs would implement it yet lower down it said "any game over 20,000 fans"? All blather at the moment I'm not sure of this is just a nudge to the unvaccinated under thirties following Southgate yesterday urging the same group to get it done.

Agree
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine passports at football matches   Vaccine passports at football matches EmptySun Jul 25, 2021 8:03 pm

RegGreen wrote:
I haven’t decided what to do for next season yet my health comes first  if you haven’t got that you got nothing
My age  & medicial history ..iam debating weather to have another season watching it on new Argyle TV…instead of perchasing my regular season tickets ..though health comes first even though I’ve been double jabbed it’s still
Not quaranteed that you  won’t get it but it lessers the risks for people my age

I am pretty sure you will not be able to see any Live Argyle games in the UK on Argyle TV, except the odd Tuesday night game, and one of two of those cup ties that people boycott anyway...
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine passports at football matches   Vaccine passports at football matches EmptySun Jul 25, 2021 8:50 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

There’ll be lots of this in the coming weeks, and rightly so. It is basically a message to the under 30’s to say that if they chose not to get vaccinated, then be prepared to miss out on a lot of stuff.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine passports at football matches   Vaccine passports at football matches EmptySun Jul 25, 2021 9:49 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
There’ll be lots of this in the coming weeks, and rightly so. It is basically a message to the under 30’s to say that if they chose not to get vaccinated, then be prepared to miss out on a lot of stuff.
It’s nothing more than blackmail.
We were told once vulnerable groups had been vaccinated then we could go back to normal.
Nothing could be further from the truth.
The vaccine only reduces one’s chances of serious illness, doesn’t stop you catching it & doesn’t stop you spreading it so should be a personal choice whether to have it or not without any sort of Nanny state pressure.
If our new national religion, the NHS, is unable to cope, despite having ever increasing billions thrown at it, then there is the problem that needs urgent address, not curtailing people’s civil liberties or way of life in order to bodge the problem.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine passports at football matches   Vaccine passports at football matches EmptySun Jul 25, 2021 9:56 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
We were told once vulnerable groups had been vaccinated then we could go back to normal.
The vaccine only reduces one’s chances of serious illness, doesn’t stop you catching it & doesn’t stop you spreading it so should be a personal choice whether to have it or not without any sort of Nanny state pressure.
If our new national religion, the NHS, is unable to cope, despite having ever increasing billions thrown at it, then there is the problem that needs urgent address, not curtailing people’s civil liberties or way of life in order to bodge the problem.

I do lean towards your way of thinking but then on the other hand if in September loads of unvaccinated fans getting I'll enough to end up in hospital and gets football shut down again I would feel more than a little hard done by after doing my bit. Fair enough if people don't want te Vacc but they should at least be prepared to test then you need to check the tests and administer the whole thing which is a huge burden on small or large clubs.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine passports at football matches   Vaccine passports at football matches EmptySun Jul 25, 2021 10:21 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Circumstances change...

..and honestly with your way of thinking.. Civilization doesn't stand a chance. Back to the stone ages.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine passports at football matches   Vaccine passports at football matches EmptySun Jul 25, 2021 10:27 pm

Rickler wrote:
Circumstances change...
What circumstances ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine passports at football matches   Vaccine passports at football matches EmptySun Jul 25, 2021 10:29 pm

It may well be blackmail but I prefer a vaccine passport to enter HP, pubs, festivals and especially nightclubs, there was a higher %age not wearing masks in the concourses and while egressing HP on Friday, I’ve become a bit nervous about it since this pandemic and as I’m in the twilight of my life I want to feel free to move about as I want, watching the youngsters on TV at recent festivals head banging and all the rest of it is a recipe for infecting others.
In this 3rd wave I’ve had a daughter and granddaughter who’ve had both jabs become infected and prior to this I never knew of anybody who had it.
WTF this government withdrew compulsory mask wearing is beyond me
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine passports at football matches   Vaccine passports at football matches EmptySun Jul 25, 2021 10:30 pm

If you don't want the vaccine then you should accept being barred from certain events. Getting the vaccine and mask wearing in enclosed public spaces should be a public duty for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine passports at football matches   Vaccine passports at football matches EmptySun Jul 25, 2021 11:51 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Circumstances change...
What circumstances ?

The fact that you need to ask is troublesome.

Try the 'Delta virus' for starters...
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine passports at football matches   Vaccine passports at football matches EmptyMon Jul 26, 2021 7:29 am

Rickler wrote:
Lord Melbury wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Circumstances change...
What circumstances ?

It’s the same virus. Mutating & becoming ever weaker, as they always do.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine passports at football matches   Vaccine passports at football matches EmptyMon Jul 26, 2021 8:09 am

Lord Melbury wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Lord Melbury wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Circumstances change...
What circumstances ?

It’s the same virus. Mutating & becoming ever weaker, as they always do.

Weaker? As in less virulent or damaging?

Are you serious?

Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine passports at football matches   Vaccine passports at football matches EmptyMon Jul 26, 2021 11:27 am

Rickler wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
I haven’t decided what to do for next season yet my health comes first  if you haven’t got that you got nothing
My age  & medicial history ..iam debating weather to have another season watching it on new Argyle TV…instead of perchasing my regular season tickets ..though health comes first even though I’ve been double jabbed it’s still
Not quaranteed that you  won’t get it but it lessers the risks for people my age

I am pretty sure you will not be able to see any Live Argyle games in the UK on Argyle TV, except the odd Tuesday night game,   and one of two of those cup ties that people boycott anyway...  
what I meant is I use the new streaming service there equivalent to iFollow internationally use a VPN Won’t miss a game all season
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine passports at football matches   Vaccine passports at football matches EmptyMon Jul 26, 2021 12:20 pm

Rickler wrote:
Weaker?  As in less virulent or damaging?

Are you serious?

Yes, more transmissible but less harmful, as is always the case with a mutated virus.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine passports at football matches   Vaccine passports at football matches EmptyMon Jul 26, 2021 1:56 pm

Google is your friend,

"Scientists are still tracking the data to determine how deadly it is. Based on hospitalizations in the U.K., the Delta variant does seem to be more likely to lead to hospitalization and death, particularly among unvaccinated people, according to a recent study published in The Lancet.
12 Jul 2021"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine passports at football matches   Vaccine passports at football matches EmptyMon Jul 26, 2021 5:49 pm

Goodbye football😩
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine passports at football matches   Vaccine passports at football matches EmptyMon Jul 26, 2021 6:22 pm

Freathy wrote:
If you don't want the vaccine then you should accept being barred from certain events.  Getting the vaccine and mask wearing in enclosed public spaces should be a public duty for everyone.

This, totally.

The world has changed due to this pandemic, there's no going back to normal, whatever normal is these days. If there's a vaccine available take it, if not prepare to be treated differently, because that is what you're saying you want to happen.

I can hear the cries of my freedom is being compromised, the nanny state is taking over, my basic human rights are being ignored etc etc.

Is your freedom being compromised by you being forced to put on a seat belt when you get in a car, or is it for safety reasons? Same rationale for being jabbed I would have thought.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine passports at football matches   Vaccine passports at football matches EmptyMon Jul 26, 2021 11:50 pm

If you work for the NHS you have to get a Hepatitis jab as as condition of employment, it's not to protect you from Hepatitis it's to protect say somebody having Chemo after cancer surgery catching Hep A from an employee, whilst not quite in the same league as Covid same rules apply, it's not all about you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vaccine passports at football matches   Vaccine passports at football matches Empty

Back to top Go down

Vaccine passports at football matches
Page 1 of 1