Grace Less
Lord Melbury
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry

Exeter Chiefs - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 06, 2022 3:46 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:
I'm still waiting for the day snowflakes start to complain about our badge and demand it changed as its offensive to native Americans as the mayflower brought the people who started their genocide on it.

It'll come. Already there is talk of culture appropriation by Saracens (cheats) RFC who stand on the terraces wearing Tommy Cooper type fez hats. However, even more upsetting must be the club shirt badge worn by players and fans which depicts a star and crescent moon which is glaringly similar to that of Islam. Any visitor of that faith/snowflake to a game must surely notice fans quaffing copious pints of alcoholic (as seen at prem games) beverages to be suitably annoyed.  

very true and lets not forget that the term saracen was a name the christians called a muslim during one of the crusades in the holy land aswell so if someone tells the woke twats who demand the horrific chiefs logo that offended no one till 2020 to go after them where the whole club is a trigger then they might actually get something changed that has some merit and they wont have to find a random native american who's never heard of exeter to comment on the logo from their pov.

ultimate revenge and hopefully also brings an end to that stuid post match celebration war chant their players do
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 06, 2022 5:33 pm

I was in Sandy Park this afternoon, had to drop in on the way back from London. It was a very busy place and what a big hotel going up there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 8:02 am

I am no expert on branding, but I don't think the Chiefs had many options after the Washington Redskins finally changed their name. The imagery had become toxic (and rightly so). And lets be honest, why the feck did the Chiefs use that image anyway? What has it got to do with a rugby club in the middle of Devon?

It makes far more sense for Exeter to attempt to rebrand as a club for Devon and Cornwall. I had the misfortune to be at Twickenham for Exeter's first Premiership win. I was sat next to a chap from Barnstaple who supported Argyle and the Chiefs. He had no allegiance to either city, he just wanted to watch the best sport he could.

I cannot imagine anyone from the Muslim faith getting upset about Saracens. They haven't so far and its only been 150 years. It might be that one lentil hugger raises the issue, the Daily Mail amplify it a thousand times, and Saracens use it as the opportunity to rebrand as North London RFC and tap into a bigger market.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 9:17 am

The simple reason they chose Chiefs was because it looked cool and as a masculine and brave role model you cant get more imposing and brave than a Native American Chief. In their defence it was never ever done to upset anybody but as to whether to change it you only have to ask the question "did it offend anyone?" The answer was yes but the fact that it only offended a few Uni students is I'm sure a balancing factor. In the end it wasn't worth giving the Snowflakes a chance at airtime and I think the Chiefs did the right thing. Shame that Exeter doesn't really have an identity of their own apart from the fact that they surrendered to the Romans when we didn't.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2022 10:02 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
The simple reason they chose Chiefs was because it looked cool and as a masculine and brave role model you cant get more imposing and brave than a Native American Chief. In their defence it was never ever done to upset anybody but as to whether to change it you only have to ask the question "did it offend anyone?" The answer was yes but the fact that it only offended a few Uni students is I'm sure a balancing factor. In the end it wasn't worth giving the Snowflakes a chance at airtime and I think the Chiefs did the right thing. Shame that Exeter doesn't really have an identity of their own apart from the fact that they surrendered to the Romans when we didn't.

Exactly right. You only have to click on the club forum to note how the artist has depicted the Chief as that of a proud and resolute warrior who ain't gonna take no bullstuff from the 7th cavalry. When matched with the Chief's head on the fuel tank of the Polish made "Indian" motorcycles, it is easily more pleasing on the eye. Whether the local students hereabouts picket the local showroom which isn't a million miles from my house remains to be seen.

Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2022 10:39 am

The Chiefs face league leaders Leicester Tigers this Sunday (27th) at Sandy Park at 3:00. Due to injuries and suspensions the team line up without Cowan-Dickie, Nowell, Lonsdale and Jonny Hill, while suspensions mean the formidable Jannes Kirsten and Tom Hendrickson also miss out. Director of Rugby Rob Baxter has also chose to rest Scotland returnees Stuart Hogg and Sam Skinner.

TV coverage commences at 2:00 on BT Sport channel 409 SD & 431 HD
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 4:03 pm

Defence coach Julian Salvi has left the club after the Chiefs conceded 55 tries in 22 league games. I believe he intends to stay in the area as he is a partner in a property development company called Tomahawk Homes. Best of luck Jules.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 7:40 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Defence coach Julian Salvi has left the club after the Chiefs conceded 55 tries in 22 league games. I believe he intends to stay in the area as he is a partner in a property development company called Tomahawk Homes. Best of luck Jules.

he was a coach at albion for a few seasons before he took that role he did a good job aswell the head coach failings where covered up by someone who knew what he was doing with him alongside and when he got promoted at Chiefs Kieran Hallett went downhill fast. Would be ambitious if Albion where to give him a call and get him to return but i highly doubt they could afford him.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 8:31 pm

Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:

he was a coach at albion for a few seasons before he took that role he did a good job aswell the head coach failings where covered up by someone who knew what he was doing with him alongside and when he got promoted at Chiefs Kieran Hallett went downhill fast.  Would be ambitious if Albion where to give him a call and get him to return but i highly doubt they could afford him.

Albion's troubles run very deep I know Graham Dawe and he is completely an Albion fan through and through yet you'd best not mentioned the A word within hearing of him, he was properly pissed off the way they treated him and all to make the club much weaker to boot.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 9:00 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:

he was a coach at albion for a few seasons before he took that role he did a good job aswell the head coach failings where covered up by someone who knew what he was doing with him alongside and when he got promoted at Chiefs Kieran Hallett went downhill fast.  Would be ambitious if Albion where to give him a call and get him to return but i highly doubt they could afford him.

Albion's troubles run very deep I know Graham Dawe and he is completely an Albion fan through and through yet you'd best not mentioned the A word within hearing of him, he was properly pissed off the way they treated him and all to make the club much weaker to boot.

rightly so the venables who took over have done nothing but turn Albion into a local pub side with how they have run it and pissed off fans fired him for no good real reason when he was building a strong young side that would have gone up the following season and they have gone backwards eversince with ex cheifs players as head coaches only one of them was any good and they ran him off rather than back him.

i fear once they start to struggle financially again they are done as ive said it already elsewhere they are a ghost in this city these days and thats down on the owners.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 3 EmptyMon May 02, 2022 9:43 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:

All you need to get really started is a moneyed fan or some other to follow the Chiefs plan of action. As you've already got the stadia the journey is all that more the easier. One thing that Tony Rowe did was to make sure that all club paraphernalia such as shirts, coats, hats and photos had to be purchased from the club shop either by over the counter or mail order. It never ceased to amaze me just how crammed the shop was leading up to the game and after. Perhaps with such a person taking over the reins Dawe or Salvi could bring about a transformation the club deserves.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 3 EmptyTue May 03, 2022 9:17 am

Hugh Midde wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:

All you need to get really started is a moneyed fan or some other to follow the Chiefs plan of action. As you've already got the stadia the journey is all that more the easier. One thing that Tony Rowe did was to make sure that all club paraphernalia such as shirts, coats, hats and photos had to be purchased from the club shop either by over the counter or mail order. It never ceased to amaze me just how crammed the shop was leading up to the game and after. Perhaps with such a person taking over the reins Dawe or Salvi could bring about a transformation the club deserves.

Sandy Park Hotel opens it's doors....

https://www.exeterchiefs.co.uk/news/official-opening-of-the-courtyard-exeter-sandy-park-hotel
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 3 EmptyTue May 03, 2022 2:56 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:

the current owners dont live on this planet hugh unfortunately they seem determine to make albion a village team with their running off it.

As for merch idea you mentioned the albion owners closed down the club shop at the ground to operate online solely which for someone at a match or indeed nearby visiting wanting to buy merch however cheaply made and highly priced it is couldnt and the onlineshop was very poor. When a jersey for Albion costs more than a Chiefs one is it any wonder they struggled to sell anything online and still do? They have since put a ht back up in the ground that closes at halftime so they ae slowly lesrning merch is a potential profit maker,
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 3 EmptyFri May 06, 2022 8:09 am

Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:

the current owners dont live on this planet hugh unfortunately they seem determine to make albion a village team with their running off it.

As for merch idea you mentioned the albion owners closed down the club shop at the ground to operate online solely which for someone at a match or indeed nearby visiting wanting to buy merch however cheaply made and highly priced it is couldnt and the onlineshop was very poor. When a jersey for Albion costs more than a Chiefs one is it any wonder they struggled to sell anything online and still do? They have since put a ht back up in the ground that closes at halftime so they ae slowly lesrning merch is a potential profit maker,

You and Plymouth rugby fans have my sympathy Mr A. To be saddled with such intransigent and myopic owners must be thoroughly frustrating for the entire fan base strata. One word of warning though, Premiership Rugby is a cozy little club who really didn't like promotion/relegation being foisted on them - plus you've somehow got to obtain the necessary 'A shares' to be a fully paid up member of the club. The Chiefs were lucky that they were able to buy the shares off Leeds but even then they were made to feel unwelcome. Interestingly, although Saracens were in the Championship league last season, they were still a premiership side (cos they still owned the shares). That's the way it works.

Meanwhile the Chiefs say goodbye to 7 players....

https://www.ruck.co.uk/exeter-chiefs-confirm-seven-departures-ahead-of-2022-23-season/3/
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 3 EmptyFri May 06, 2022 11:08 am

Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:

You and Plymouth rugby fans have my sympathy Mr A. To be saddled with such intransigent and myopic owners must be thoroughly frustrating for  the entire fan base strata. One word of warning though, Premiership Rugby is a cozy little club who really didn't like promotion/relegation being foisted on them - plus you've somehow got to obtain the necessary 'A shares' to be a fully paid up member of the club. The Chiefs were lucky that they were able to buy the shares off Leeds but even then they were made to feel unwelcome. Interestingly, although Saracens were in the Championship league last season, they were still a premiership side (cos they still owned the shares). That's the way it works.

https://www.ruck.co.uk/exeter-chiefs-confirm-seven-departures-ahead-of-2022-23-season/3/

i believe the fans after two administrations and one where they almost cost albion there place in national league one for sending incorrect paperwork to RFU are just hopefully they dont run the club out of buisness. Next time their MD posts one of his blogs ill put up here for you to see and you'll understand why Albion wont ever go anywhere but down atm.

i truly believe it wont be too long before the premiership becomes like rugby league's super league and cut off from the rest of the pyramid. RFU dont give two shits and a flying feck about rugby outside the premiership so i cant see them preventing it.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 3 EmptyFri May 06, 2022 1:05 pm

Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:

You and Plymouth rugby fans have my sympathy Mr A. To be saddled with such intransigent and myopic owners must be thoroughly frustrating for  the entire fan base strata. One word of warning though, Premiership Rugby is a cozy little club who really didn't like promotion/relegation being foisted on them - plus you've somehow got to obtain the necessary 'A shares' to be a fully paid up member of the club. The Chiefs were lucky that they were able to buy the shares off Leeds but even then they were made to feel unwelcome. Interestingly, although Saracens were in the Championship league last season, they were still a premiership side (cos they still owned the shares). That's the way it works.

i believe the fans after two administrations and one where they almost cost albion there place in national league one for sending incorrect paperwork to RFU are just hopefully they dont run the club out of buisness. Next time their MD posts one of his blogs ill put up here for you  to see and you'll understand why Albion wont ever go anywhere but down atm.

i truly believe it wont be too long before the premiership becomes like rugby league's super league and cut off from the rest of the pyramid. RFU dont give two shits and a flying feck about rugby outside the premiership so i cant see them preventing it.

Yes, I would very much like to see their MD's posts Mr A, so a thanks for that. I believe the possibility of Premiership Rugby breaking away from the RFU has been bandied about before, however, I believe there is a fear that should that happen, what league would you go to for your international players? I imagine players in the 'Prem' hold dear their chances to win or add caps to their total - look how Tomas Francis left the Chiefs for floundering Ospreys for that very reason.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 3 EmptySat May 07, 2022 8:47 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:

i believe the fans after two administrations and one where they almost cost albion there place in national league one for sending incorrect paperwork to RFU are just hopefully they dont run the club out of buisness. Next time their MD posts one of his blogs ill put up here for you  to see and you'll understand why Albion wont ever go anywhere but down atm.

Yes, I would very much like to see their MD's posts Mr A, so a thanks for that. I believe the possibility of Premiership Rugby breaking away  from the RFU has been bandied about before, however, I believe there is a fear that should that happen, what league would you go to for your international players? I imagine players in the 'Prem' hold dear their chances to win or add caps to their total - look how Tomas Francis left the Chiefs for floundering Ospreys for that very reason.  

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/plymouth-albion-deserves-better-club-7011704  here is the latest from the commercial guy and boy is he a wannabe politican lol

as for the prem i cant see how they wont do it as the gulf between the premiership and championship is getting vast now and teams coming up cant afford to stay in the league without going into serious financial problems like london welsh, RFU needs to bring changes to bring more revenue and interest into the non premiership leagues starting with more promotion and relegation spots between the championship and league one

As for internationals as long as Eddie Jones is head coach saracens will always have its english players called up championship or prem as we saw with that farce of a punishment during covid.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2022 9:46 am

After the departure of three second rowers, Rob Baxter has gone about replacing them with Jack Dunne and this fellow....

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/rugby/rugby-news/a-dream-come-true-exeter-7201596

While Jack Dunne is England qualified, Van Heerden has become the club's fourth South African which I think should be about enough - I don't want the Chiefs to end up like Sale who's last year squad of Saffers ran into double figures. Still, I've heard there's also a few handy recruits joining from Exeter Uni

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2022 11:31 am

Hugh Midde wrote:
After the departure of three second rowers, Rob Baxter has gone about replacing them with Jack Dunne and this fellow....

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/rugby/rugby-news/a-dream-come-true-exeter-7201596

While Jack Dunne is England qualified, Van Heerden has become the club's fourth South African which I think should be about enough - I don't want the Chiefs to end up like Sale who's last year squad of Saffers ran into double figures. Still, I've heard there's also a few handy recruits joining from Exeter Uni

european rugby is getting infested with south african clubs, players and give it time the international scene very soon Hugh may aswell embrace the takeover at the expense of the english and indeed british and irish players.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 18, 2022 8:31 pm

Wasps RFC defeat at the hands of the Chiefs during the 2016/17 and 2019/20 in the Rugby Premiership finals has hardly made them bosom pals as this much later behaviour by Wasps water carriers/coaches.....

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/water-carrier-sent-after-sparking-21880813

After that episode, the Wasps were very much at the forefront regarding criticism of the Chiefs branding. Still, it seems the mighty Wasps have other problems much closer to home with which Coventry City are probably keeping a beady eye on....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-61827414

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 18, 2022 8:52 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Wasps RFC defeat at the hands of the Chiefs during the 2016/17 and 2019/20 in the Rugby Premiership finals has hardly made them bosom pals as this much later behaviour by Wasps water carriers/coaches.....

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/water-carrier-sent-after-sparking-21880813

After that episode, the Wasps were very much at the forefront regarding criticism of the Chiefs branding. Still, it seems the mighty Wasps have other problems much closer to home with which Coventry City are probably keeping a beady eye on....

they are no better than mk dons in my eyes leaving london to relocate to coventry. I am beginning to think that stadium is cursed no wonder Coventry City are still looking to build a new stadium despite moving back in last season. Hopefully Coventry council tell them to jog as £13m is far too much to justify
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 11:09 am

Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:

they are no better than mk dons in my eyes leaving london to relocate to coventry. I am beginning to think that stadium is cursed no wonder Coventry City are still looking to build a new stadium despite moving back in last season. Hopefully Coventry council tell them to jog as £13m is far too much to justify

Wasps should have rebranded themselves as the "Wasps Carpetbaggers" after they muscled into Coventry Rugby Club territory. The club's chairman complained they never received any warning what was about to happen and that he was concerned with not only his clubs future advertising appeal but the loss of some of their fans, especially the young ones who might be swayed by a Premiership team. As for how unhappy Worcester RFC were....

https://www.planetrugby.com/worcester-to-fight-wasps-move/

You mention Coventry City FC, well, here is their take on sharing the "Ricoh" with Wasps....

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-fans-wasps-stadium-22317742

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 11:30 am

Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:

Wasps should have rebranded themselves as the "Wasps Carpetbaggers" after they muscled into Coventry Rugby Club territory. The club's chairman complained they never received any warning what was about to happen and that he was concerned with not only his clubs future advertising appeal but the loss of some of their fans, especially the young ones who might be swayed by a Premiership team. As for how unhappy Worcester RFC were....

https://www.planetrugby.com/worcester-to-fight-wasps-move/

You mention Coventry City FC, well, here is their take on sharing the "Ricoh" with Wasps....

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-fans-wasps-stadium-22317742

Exactly they should never have been allowed to relocate there and as quick as they did till there was proper due diligence done to address the impact Wasps being in City would have on Coventry Rugby and indeed Worcester first. They managed to go there without so much as a stern word said by the RFU. But as we know the RFU dont care about clubs outside the premiership. If they did and thankfully for you chiefs and city games dont often clash at the same time if both are at home where as argyle and albion games often do which harms albion as they loose out on a few more attending games to argyle.

The Rioch or whatever its called now has always been a problem for the football team not the selling it out part but the operating costs and it seems wasps despite owning it are facing the same issues which is why the football team still want to build a new ground thats more affordable to run. As for not bringing in the fans well they upset alot of people in the city evicting the football team at first and impacting on the local rugby sides and i dint see them winning them over anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2022 12:46 pm

The move didn’t exactly please some of their own fans when they left High Wycombe!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2022 6:37 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
The move didn’t exactly please some of their own fans when they left High Wycombe!

They were originally the London Wasps and I imagine they've garnered a few Wycombe fans alone the way. I believe to Coventry and back must be something like 150miles for those Wycombe Wasps - and that's before you buy your ticket.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Exeter Chiefs
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next