Geezer
Earwegoagain
Czarcasm
Bob Crow
Chemical Ali
10 posters
AuthorMessage

Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth Empty
PostSubject: Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth   Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 10:38 am

lol! lol! lol!

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/plymouth-argyle-respond-talk-potential-3747075
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth   Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 11:05 am

How can they not consider Sid James, with its weird and small stands (bought 2nd hand from Barnet) and its array of portacabins Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

PostSubject: Re: Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth   Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 11:20 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
How can they not consider Sid James, with its weird and small stands (bought 2nd hand from Barnet) and its array of portacabins Very Happy

Premiership minimum requirement is 10k capacity so Sid James is in the bin immediately.
Same as that government funded vanity project in Truro will be no good for the Pirates should they win just one promotion to the Premiership.

I might be wrong but didn't the Pirates have a verbal agreement in principle with Argyle a few years ago to enter into a ground share should they win the championship.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth   Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 11:34 am

Aslong as albion isnt affected by them playing here if they do for a game ie its on the same day then cool. Strange sandy park has capacity issues as i thought it more than matched requirements. I Know brickfields was bought to reach requirements when albion wasn't run by incompetent idiots back when they were poised for the premiership but stopped short on finishing the stadium.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth   Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 12:01 pm

I can’t see them coming here at all.

If Home Park held 25,000 and there was an opportunity to making significantly more than a Sandy Park capacity crowd then yeah. But with only a 5,000 difference in capacity, after they paid Argyle a subsidy for staging the game, there won’t be that much of an uplift in revenue.

Plus of course it’d majorly piss off the locals that have to travel to Plymouth. Hardly worth the backlash.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth   Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 12:06 pm

Dunno about pissing off the locals Czarks one of the main problems Albion gave is that most of their fans fook off up the A 38 to watch the chiefs instead now including a few old players I know, whats more they talk of Chiefs as "us" now. Fickle cnuts the lot of them. As for Angers concerns that it would detract from Albions crowd it would be the final nail in the coffin IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth   Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 12:06 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I can’t see them coming here at all.  

If Home Park held 25,000 and there was an opportunity to making significantly more than a Sandy Park capacity crowd then yeah. But with only a 5,000 difference in capacity, after they paid Argyle a subsidy for staging the game, there won’t be that much of an uplift in revenue.

Plus of course it’d majorly piss off the locals that have to travel to Plymouth. Hardly worth the backlash.

thankyou mr brent for making sure 25000 is a pipe dream for this stadium Rant Rant Rant Rant
Back to top Go down
Geezer

Geezer

PostSubject: Re: Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth   Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 1:04 pm

What a bizarre thread. 'Exeter is so tinpot the Cheifs want to play in Plymouth'

No, Chiefs stadium just can't reach the demand in ticketing for a European Quarter Final so they're looking at larger stadiums. I'm sure in due course their stadium will far exceed yours in capacity terms anyway. The thread title would be more accurate if it read 'Exeter Chiefs sudden rise to become the best team in the country means they need to temporarily find a bigger stadium'

When was the last time Plymouth ever reached a European Quarter Final, by the way? Never, ah ok - And we're the tinpot ones lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth   Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 1:26 pm

Geezer wrote:
What a bizarre thread. 'Exeter is so tinpot the Cheifs want to play in Plymouth'

No, Chiefs stadium just can't reach the demand in ticketing for a European Quarter Final so they're looking at larger stadiums. I'm sure in due course their stadium will far exceed yours in capacity terms anyway. The thread title would be more accurate if it read 'Exeter Chiefs sudden rise to become the best team in the country means they need to temporarily find a bigger stadium'

When was the last time Plymouth ever reached a European Quarter Final, by the way? Never, ah ok - And we're the tinpot ones lol! lol!

zzzzzzzzz when was the last time exeter city sold out their field?
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth   Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 2:05 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
....one of the main problems Albion gave is that most of their fans fook off up the A 38 to watch the chiefs instead now including a few old players I know, whats more they talk of Chiefs as "us."

Poor old Earwig, If the more cerebral among the Plymouth rugby fans call the Chiefs "us," isn't it only a matter of time before the more the cultivated among your sorry number start giving "City" the same treatment? The catalyst could be City leaving you floundering in Div 2. Wink
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth   Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 2:17 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
....one of the main problems Albion gave is that most of their fans fook off up the A 38 to watch the chiefs instead now including a few old players I know, whats more they talk of Chiefs as "us."

Poor old Earwig, If the more cerebral among the Plymouth rugby fans call the Chiefs "us," isn't it only a matter of time before the more the cultivated among your sorry number start giving "City" the same treatment? The catalyst could be City leaving you floundering in Div 2.  Wink

Getting silly now.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth   Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 2:26 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:

Perhaps one day City will find it necessary to move to Sandy Park - especially when the Stadium enlargement is completed. Hopefully the ground will look like this....

https://www.exeterchiefs.co.uk/news/2012/stadium-plans-revealed

But first I believe the hotel is next on the agenda....

https://www.exeterchiefs.co.uk/news/sandy-park-hotels-vision-of-the-future
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth   Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 2:31 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

Perhaps one day City will find it necessary to move to Sandy Park - especially when the Stadium enlargement is completed. Hopefully the ground will look like this....

you guys said no when it was muted and now the owner wont entertain the idea so you kind of fecked now with sid james till you build another one lol.
Back to top Go down
Geezer

Geezer

PostSubject: Re: Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth   Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 2:36 pm

Plymouth are literally the least successful and most tinpot club in the country population wise.

The fact you even had the cheek to put this thread title up is beyond hilarious.

Chiefs are absolutely flying and are struggling to cope with their success, whilst Plymouth, with the population of the city and the largest catchment area imaginable, are struggling in League 2, much lower than teams like Accrington Stanley, Fleetwood, Burton Albion, Rochdale, Cheltenham and of course Exeter City.

What a bleddy tinpot city and club you have lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth   Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 2:40 pm

Geezer wrote:
Plymouth are literally the least successful and most tinpot club in the country population wise.

The fact you even had the cheek to put this thread title up is beyond hilarious.

Chiefs are absolutely flying and are struggling to cope with their success, whilst Plymouth, with the population of the city and the largest catchment area imaginable, are struggling in League 2, much lower than teams like Accrington Stanley, Fleetwood, Burton Albion, Rochdale, Cheltenham and of course Exeter City.

Things you love to see.

Geezer having an online tantrum.
Back to top Go down
Geezer

Geezer

PostSubject: Re: Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth   Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 2:50 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Geezer wrote:

Things you love to see.

Geezer having an online tantrum.

No tantrum from me matey, I find you lot hilarious !
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth   Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 3:07 pm

Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

you guys said no when it was muted and now the owner wont entertain the idea so you kind of fecked now with sid james till you build another one lol.

I see they've started on the hotel at Sandy Park. I wonder when they start work on what's going to be the biggest stadium in Devon.

https://www.exeterchiefs.co.uk/news/work-starts-on-new-sandy-park-hotel
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth   Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 4:32 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

I see they've started on the hotel at Sandy Park. I wonder when they start work on what's going to be the biggest stadium in Devon.

Well done for digging up some pretty stadium drawings from 2012. lol!

Is James Brent involved?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth   Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 4:54 pm

There's plenty of time for another Stapes/Brent type combo to rock up at Exeter and fook them over for a decade or so, I wouldn't wish it on a small club like city though they would still be dreaming of playing Turks by now if it were them. From next year onwards normal service will be resumed and we will be out historical one or two leagues above them. It will be worth putting up with City getting promoted this year just to see them getting hammered week in, week out next season.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth   Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 5:19 pm

There is a requirement for a minimum capacity of 15K for Heineken Cup quarter & semi final matches, hence the need for an alternative to Sandy Park which is currently 13.5K I think.
All pie in the sky however as the run-offs behind the goals are too short so as it is, Home Park is not suitable for rugby. This was the reason Cornish pirates never came here.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth   Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 5:23 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

Well done for digging up some pretty stadium drawings from 2012. lol!

Is James Brent involved?

Tony Rowe the Chiefs Chairman always said that the Hotel would come first followed by the stadium. With the hotel nicely placed next to the M5 it should be quite a money-spinner. Let's hope they keep a close eye on the salary cap. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth   Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 6:18 pm

Dont believe this has got any legs.

Wait till Rowe realises Brent's comparisons of HP and Sandy Park hospitality were laughable and only front rowers can get their knees into grandstand seats
Back to top Go down
Sturtz

Sturtz

PostSubject: Re: Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth   Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth EmptySun Jan 19, 2020 8:27 pm

Think that using this topic as ab illustration to argue that Plymouth is a better City than Exeter is somewhat bizarre! Laughing

I'm not a rugby fan but understand The Chiefs are doing quite well!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth   Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth EmptyMon Jan 20, 2020 11:14 am

Got a reaction though didn't it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth   Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth Empty

Back to top Go down

Exeter is so tinpot the Chiefs want to play in Plymouth
Page 1 of 1