Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS)

Go down 
+11
Greenskin
Mook
Earwegoagain
Grovehill
Les Miserable
RegGreen
Freathy
akagreengull
Czarcasm
harvetheslayer
Tgwu
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS) Empty
PostSubject: Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS)    Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2020 9:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The man in the middle
KEVIN JOHNSON
Assisted by
John Flynn and Mark Derrien
Fourth Official
Scott Jackson

Argyle Match Preview

On Saturday afternoon, Argyle host Neil Critchley’s Blackpool in our keenly awaited Sky Bet League One opener.
Ryan Lowe’s Pilgrims got off to a superb start in their 20/21 campaign with an eye-catching 3-2 victory over Queens Park Rangers in the Carabao Cup first-round – with goals from Joe Edwards, Danny Mayor and debutant Frank Nouble setting the Greens up for a second-round clash with Leyton Orient on Tuesday.

With the fixtures coming thick and fast, Argyle made wholesale changes for their EFL Trophy opener against Norwich City in midweek, with ten players produced by the Argyle Academy, including three scholars, in the squad for the Pilgrims’ narrow 2-3 reversal.

While the Greens have made significant strides in the off-season, on and off the field, the Seasiders have also invested heavily in their squad, and enter the league season with high expectations of their own.

High-scoring fixtures against Premier League Everton (3-3) and English Champions Liverpool (2-7), were the most notable pre-season outings for the Tangerines, who also overcame Southport (4-0) and and League Two duo Port Vale and Barrow (both 2-1).

Critchley’s first competitive fixture in charge saw Blackpool hold Championship opposition Stoke City to a 0-0 draw in the Carabao Cup first round, before losing out on penalties. A week later, in their EFL Trophy opener, the Seasiders played out another stalemate with Barrow, this time winning on spot-kicks at Bloomfield Road.

Pilgrims no.9 Ryan Hardie in ineligible to line up against his parent club, although his regular strike partner from last season, Luke Jephcott, is back in contention after missing the QPR fixture through international duty the Welsh under-21 side. Other striking options including Nouble and former Blackpool man Dom Telford, who both got off the mark last week.

Visiting manager Critchley shares the Argyle gaffer’s footballing philosophy, and supporters can expect to see two teams playing out from the back, with plenty of technical ability on show. While last season’s leading marksman, Armand Gnanduillet, left the club in the summer, the visitors have bolstered their attacking options with the recruitment of Jerry Yates, CJ Hamilton, Bez Lubala and Keshi Anderson – who all impressed at League Two level last season.

First-choice left back James Husband is a doubt with a hamstring injury which saw him withdraw from EFL Trophy action in midweek, but Matty Virtue and Oliver Sarkic could feature for the visitors, having been cleared to return to training.

ARGYLE AT HOME TO BLACKPOOL IN THE EFL

The Record:

P 25 W 9 D 3 L 13 F 31 A 39

The First Time: Robert Jack’s men lost 0-3 at home to the Seasiders on Saturday, 25 November, 1933, in Division Two.

The Last Time: Derek Adams’ Argyle lost 1-0 to the weekend’s visitors on Saturday, 15 September, 2018 in Sky Bet League One, with Mark Cullen scoring the goal for the visitors, who finished the clash with nine men after two red cards in stoppage time.

Our Biggest Win: A 3-0 Championship victory for Paul Sturrock’s men on Saturday, 26 April, 2008. Our goals came from Jermaine Easter and a brace from Rory Fallon. Both Luke McCormick and Gary Sawyer were in our starting eleven.

Most goals in a single game: Five, in a 3-2 victory for Argyle on Saturday, 14 March, 1936. Arthur Eggleston, Jack Vidler and George Briggs were our scorers.

Blackpool Match Preview

Blackpool face a challenging test as they travel to Plymouth Argyle in the 20/21 League One season opener on Saturday.

The Seasiders come into the fixture full of confidence after their EFL Trophy victory against Barrow AFC on Tuesday. New signing Daniel Kemp scored the decisive penalty to earn Neil Critchley’s men a bonus point in Group G.

Plymouth, meanwhile, have had a mixed run of results since their return to action. The Pilgrims have picked up two victories, including an impressive 3-2 victory over Queens Park Rangers in the first round of the Carabao Cup.

Ryan Lowe’s side have suffered defeat twice in their warm up to the league campaign – their most recent coming against Norwich City U21 side in the EFL Trophy.

Neil Critchley

“It’s a tough game for us to start away from home. They’ve got some very good attacking players, so we have to be very mindful of that.

“They have a clear way of playing, with a lot of momentum from last season, but we feel as though we’re ready. The mood amongst the squad is that they’re ready to play and get going in the league.”

Ryan Lowe

“I’m expecting a good game, as they’re a good team. We’ve got to make sure we respect them. They’ve got some fantastic players and they play the right way. It’s an exciting game and we’re looking forward to the occasion.

“I think we’ve got to expect the unexpected against them. Teams will look to play good football when they come up against us and we’ve got to learn to manage that. We’re not in this league to make up the numbers, so hopefully we can show teams what we’ve about as the season goes on.”

Team News

James Husband and Oliver Sarkic are both doubtful for the Seasiders. New signing Demetri Mitchell could potentially make his debut.

As for the hosts, Ben Reeves and Gary Sawyer are doubtful. New signings Lewis Macleod and Frank Nouble could take part

Argyle 2 - 2 Blackpool

Last edited by Tgwu on Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS)    Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS) EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 4:34 am

2-1 Argyle
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS)    Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS) EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 6:54 am

This will be a tough start, particularly with Hardie being ineligible.

League One generally won't be easy, particularly when you think that our most creative player and best striker were unwanted at Peterborough and Blackpool.

Would love to be wrong but it feels like a 1-2.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS)    Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS) EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 8:22 am

I think we will get something from the game.
COYG cheers
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS)    Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS) EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 8:23 am

They'll have far too much for us. Very hard season ahead (if it's not cancelled).

Argo 0-3 Blackpool
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS)    Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS) EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 8:38 am

Tbh I fancy us today 2-0
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS)    Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS) EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 9:27 am

3 points foreshore.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS)    Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS) EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 9:39 am

Les Miserable wrote:
3 points foreshore.

Even though it's Blackpool, the game will not be played at the water's edge. That is for sure.

2-2 draw
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS)    Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS) EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 12:26 pm

I fancy is to get some point age today. Argyle 3 Blackpool 2. I think it's a great time to play the bigger teams before they get too settled in.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS)    Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS) EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 1:29 pm

Just purchsed my Ifollow pass for the match. I will use chrome cast to big telly what's every bodies opinion on pc vs phone app? Any difference?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS)    Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS) EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 1:37 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Just purchsed my Ifollow pass for the match. I will use chrome cast to big telly what's every bodies opinion on pc vs phone app? Any difference?

Let me know if you manage to cast it to tv Ears.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS)    Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS) EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 1:55 pm

Be watching on the TV me got it streamed to 3 different devices at same time ...but if your a ST holder I believe you can only watch it on one device one code To one device
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS)    Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS) EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 1:59 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

I bought chrome cast last week and took it back this week, couldn’t get the Bleddy thing to work, bought the Apple lightening cable and a 5metre HDMI to HDMI cable from Argos for £55 and works perfectly
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS)    Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS) EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 2:22 pm

Freathy there with his usual positive outlook Laughing

Without Hardie I think its a 1-1 draw
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS)    Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS) EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 2:23 pm

Chrome cast doesn't work blocked by EFL the fookin twats don't understand what it's for I mean I can only stream it within range of my broadband at 3mbs!
Got the pc in the lounge now easiest way that I can see would be to just use an hdmi lead and use your tv as a monitor. I was just going to connect hdmi when I remembered it was eaten by a rat when I was in India. I didn't take it with me btw.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS)    Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS) EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 2:25 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I bought chrome cast last week and took it back this week, couldn’t get the Bleddy thing to work, bought the Apple lightening cable and a 5metre HDMI to HDMI cable from Argos for £55 and works perfectly

I only usually use chrome cast on my phone and stream to tv, amazon prime, Netflix, I player, YouTube all works fine for me.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS)    Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS) EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 3:03 pm

Jephcot 3 mins
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS)    Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS) EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 3:04 pm

Bang......
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS)    Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS) EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 3:04 pm

Dream start to the season. cheers
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS)    Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS) EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 3:05 pm

great header
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS)    Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS) EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 3:14 pm

Mine's fine.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS)    Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS) EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 3:17 pm

All fine here....
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS)    Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS) EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 3:44 pm

Blackpool well on to now and should go on to win
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS)    Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS) EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 3:51 pm

Good first 10 mins. Then total domination from Blackpool for the next 35 mins. Michael Cooper to thank for not being 1-3 down. Outstanding first 45 mins from him.

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS)    Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS) EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 3:52 pm

Michael Cooper has made three good saves, Nouble very quiet so far, Jephers playing well looks a threat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS)    Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS) Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Argyle v Blackpool FC (TEAMS NEWS)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next