Les Miserable
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

New season Empty
PostSubject: New season   New season EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 8:56 am

When is it likely to begin?

Not seen any dates mentioned, is it undecided or have I missed it?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

New season Empty
PostSubject: Re: New season   New season EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 9:38 am

Set to coincide with re-signing Gary Sawyer on his 47th birthday.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

New season Empty
PostSubject: Re: New season   New season EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 11:20 am

The big question when will fans be allowed back ?
Back to top Go down

New season Empty
PostSubject: Re: New season   New season EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 11:37 am

its all got to fall in line with the other leagues that dont all finish until the end of july. I imagine the new season will start nearer the end of september early october as the premiership darlings will still want to have their pre season breaks and tours.

Fans i imagine will be allowed back in parts by then all going well and precautions in place ie face masks.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

New season Empty
PostSubject: Re: New season   New season EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 11:43 am

Shorely it has to been sooner rather than later or the Euros will have to be cancelled again, I'd give them a 2 or 3 week break max and then straight into 20/21, they've had plenty of r&r and family time over the last 4 months.
Back to top Go down

New season Empty
PostSubject: Re: New season   New season EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 11:46 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Shorely it has to been sooner rather than later or the Euros will have to be cancelled again, I'd give them a 2 or 3 week break max and then straight into 20/21, they've had plenty of r&r and family time over the last 4 months.

they dont seem to care les as uefa announced the fixtures for that nations league yesterday to which i think is stupid given clubs are going to be playing more games a week till may so it will be a shorter season and to throw in all those pointless england games in that fashion isnt a good idea as it will affect the euros.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

New season Empty
PostSubject: Re: New season   New season EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 12:13 pm

See no reason why it wont start as scheduled early August. As others have mentioned they've had more than enough time off
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

New season Empty
PostSubject: Re: New season   New season EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 1:21 pm

No fans equals no money. No way will fans be let back in August, I reckon October. I can't see leagues 1 and 2 voting to play behind closed doors.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

New season Empty
PostSubject: Re: New season   New season EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 1:49 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
No fans equals no money. No way will fans be let back in August, I reckon October. I can't see leagues 1 and 2 voting to play behind closed doors.

I wasnt referring to any fans being there. The clubs have to adapt the season cant overrun for reasons already mentioned. Euros cant be postponed again
Am sure Hallett has something up his sleeve may well say something at 2pm today
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

New season Empty
PostSubject: Re: New season   New season EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 2:07 pm

L1 and L2 won't start with no fans for the same reason they voted to end this season. At very best I can see a later start in October with limited numbers of fans being allowed in stadiums. But that's only if we're not completely locked down again with the second wave of this poxy virus all the 'experts' are predicting will happen.

Need the eggheads to hurry up with a vaccine
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

New season Empty
PostSubject: Re: New season   New season EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 3:33 pm

The future of a big number of clubs hangs in the balance and everything hinges on us getting our infection rate lower. That's the only way even a limited number would be allowed back in grounds.

I don't think any date can be put on starting the season until a plan is in place for fans to return, as clearly the vast majority of league clubs will not survive playing in empty stadiums.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

New season Empty
PostSubject: Re: New season   New season EmptySun Jun 28, 2020 9:16 am

The government are thinking about a local lockdown in Leicester after a spike there caused by a meat processing plant and queues at takeaways have caused a spread of the virus. Very worrying when you see the complete lack of social distancing being observed in Dorset, Devon and Cornwall. We are an accident waiting to happen and a football match is probably the hardest thig to organise without people arriving from about three hours prior to a game and toilets being a particular area of concern.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

New season Empty
PostSubject: Re: New season   New season EmptySun Jun 28, 2020 12:48 pm

What about the away team fans? Don't want hundreds of people from a hotspot at Home Park. Can't stop day trippers coming to the westcountry, let alone footie fans

Liverpool v Athletico Madrid is suspected to have lead to a spike of cases in the North West
Back to top Go down

New season Empty
PostSubject: Re: New season   New season EmptySun Jun 28, 2020 5:07 pm

Grovehill wrote:
What about the away team fans? Don't want hundreds of people from a hotspot at Home Park. Can't stop day trippers coming to the westcountry, let alone footie fans

Liverpool v Athletico Madrid is suspected to have lead to a spike of cases in the North West

Hopefully by september/october time when the season is rumoured to start the country will be in admission from covid and have little restrictions in place all being well and if that is the case away fans should be allowed into grounds with the procedures in place. Their are few teams in our league that will sell out Barn Park so social distancing wont be an issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New season Empty
PostSubject: Re: New season   New season Empty

Back to top Go down

New season
Page 1 of 1