Earwegoagain
VillageGreen
Tgwu
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would Empty
PostSubject: Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would   Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would EmptyMon Jun 15, 2020 4:47 pm

Plymouth Argyle’s promotion to League One has emphasised to Simon Hallett just how much the club means to the city.

Despite the many restrictions in place due to the COVID-19 crisis, there has been a mood of celebration at the Pilgrims’ success, both among the Green Army and the wider community.

Hallett is well aware of the positive impact it has had, even though the Argyle owner and chairman lives in the United States.

He has received many congratulatory messages during what is an uncertain time for everyone, wherever they are in the world.

Hallett said: “I actually feel happier about it (promotion) than I expected. It has been a reminder just how much the success of the football club means to the local community.

“I’m so pleased that we can bring a ray of sunshine into what has been a gloomy few weeks.”

An example of what it meant to the city of Plymouth was when Smeaton’s Tower on The Hoe was lit up in green last Tuesday night, after Argyle’s promotion had been officially confirmed.

Hallett said: “It was a great honour and I have thanked the Tudor Evans and the Plymouth City Council cabinet.

It was a thrill to me to see Smeaton’s Tower, an iconic landmark, lit up in green because of something our club has done.”

Hallett thought the way that Argyle’s promotion was settled, off the pitch rather than on it, was the fairest way.

League Two clubs voted by 23 to one to curtail the 2019/20 season, which had been suspended in March due to the coronavirus pandemic, with points per game deciding the final positions.

Argyle were third, behind champions Swindon Town and runners-up Crewe Alexandra, and therefore clinched the last automatic promotion place.

Hallett said: “The way in which we got promoted was something that we had advocated from the early days.

“I wrote to the fans in April saying that we favoured promotion with points per game.

“We didn’t think that clubs would be able to withstand the financial strain of completing the season, particularly in League One and League Two.

“We also thought there shouldn’t be any relegation. Now we didn’t get our way on that.

“I’m pleased with the outcome but there are still difficult times ahead. The fact that we are playing in League One and not League Two doesn’t solve the essential problem.

“Until we play in front of crowds again, the finances of League and League Two clubs are going to be strained.”

Some clubs, notably Peterborough United and Tranmere Rovers in League One, were very unhappy with the outcome of the EFL talks and votes after they had suggested alternative solutions.

Peterborough missed out on a play-off place due to points-per-game, while Tranmere were on a good run of results and had been set to escape the relegation zone until the football shutdown.

Hallett said: “Outcomes in football are a combination of skill and luck.

“Over a league season, skill comes to dominate luck, but luck still plays a part over eight or nine games.

“The simulations I have seen suggest that Argyle had about a 70 per cent chance of getting promoted.

“We did get promoted, but we still had a 30 per cent chance of not getting promoted. These simulations are just that – they are models.

That’s really what we were trying to do with points per game.

“We were trying to model how the season would have ended so the people who deserved to go up did go up, and the people who deserved to go down did go down.

“But, you can’t allow for the fact that Tranmere had a good cup run and they invested in their squad in January and they were playing much better.

“You hang by a slender thread in this game at the best of times and to end this way is not fair.

“It’s not fair that we went up without playing games. It’s not fair Tranmere go down without playing games.

“But we are talking about the future of football and it’s important that we get last season ended and move on to thinking about the next and getting our finances in shape.”

Hallett added: “I think points per game was the simplest and most straightforward. At the top of League Two it was reasonably accurate.

“It’s the least unfair of many of the systems that we could have had, that would have been comprehensible as well.”

Hallett added: “I think it’s worth pointing out that a number of clubs in League Two acted in a very grown up way to make sure that we weren’t put under financial pressure from having to play the season out.

“I look at what Bradford and Port Vale, who were just outside the play-offs, did to support the ending of the season with a points per game. Frankly, Argyle fans need to thank them as well.

“We would much rather have played the season out – no question – but it’s such difficult times.

“I think we are better off closing it off, moving on and trying to think about next season.”

Taken from Herald
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would   Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 4:12 pm

And he has received offers for a stake in the club too.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would   Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 4:20 pm

It's a real wierd one. For me yes Im pleased we have gone up but it has lacked the euphoria of the day you get promoted obviously after winning a crucial game. I thought for a couple of months we would go up but when it came it was a bit of a damp squib. Interesting to hear Hallett talking of the simulation putting us at seventy per cent most of my mates think fifty fifty, several think we would have choked. Still we're up and like Hallett said luck played a part and for me it's nice to on the right side of lady luck for a change.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would   Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 6:15 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
It's a real wierd one. For me yes Im pleased we have gone up but it has lacked the euphoria of the day you get promoted obviously after winning a crucial game. I thought for a couple of months we would go up but when it came it was a bit of a damp squib. Interesting to hear Hallett talking of the simulation putting us at seventy per cent most of my mates think fifty fifty, several think we would have choked. Still we're up and like Hallett said luck played a part and for me it's nice to on the right side of lady luck for a change.

Earwegoagain wrote:
Oh the irony. Lol. Talking to a load of the Tavvy Argo bheys (at a safe distance obvs) on Saturday and none of us were particularly confident of going up this year if the season played out, most of us put it at fifty, fifty with the city game being mentioned in a banana skin type way. Mind you we all seemed to disregard their end of season stamina issues.

Do you know what you actually think or do you just post any old shit that comes to mind?
The latter it would appear.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would   Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 11:29 pm

Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Earwegoagain wrote:
Oh the irony. Lol. Talking to a load of the Tavvy Argo bheys (at a safe distance obvs) on Saturday and none of us were particularly confident of going up this year if the season played out, most of us put it at fifty, fifty with the city game being mentioned in a banana skin type way. Mind you we all seemed to disregard their end of season stamina issues.

Do you know what you actually think or do you just post any old shit that comes to mind?  

Have a think or even read what I post, I thought for a couple of months ie since the season was ended until promotion was recently announced that we'd go up. The fifty fifty for promotion was regarding if the season was played out. Capiche?
It's football chat btw, most of it is shite but it's what the forum is for.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would   Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would EmptyWed Jul 01, 2020 8:30 am

Funny how Ricks has ignored my reply where I show him up for being an out and out troll.
Back to top Go down
Augustus J Honeybun

Augustus J Honeybun

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would   Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would EmptyWed Jul 01, 2020 8:34 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Funny how Ricks has ignored my reply where I show him up for being an out and out troll.

I'm on Pasoti (dont shoot lol) but he was mentioned a lot in the past for similar acts
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would   Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would EmptyWed Jul 01, 2020 5:38 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

I ignored it because it's a waste of time commenting further.  You're barely literate half the time.

Last edited by Rickler on Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would   Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would EmptyWed Jul 01, 2020 5:41 pm

Augustus J Honeybun wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I'm on Pasoti (dont shoot lol) but he was mentioned a lot in the past for similar acts

Oh yeah.. By the likes of Nool and Posty. Fine judges of character.

Anyway.. No surprise you're on Pasoti. So are a lot of other people with a hand stuck up their arse.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would   Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would EmptyWed Jul 01, 2020 7:30 pm

Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I ignored it because it's a waste of time commenting further.  You're barely literate half the time.

Bollocks by highlighting my post minus the words "if the season were to be played out" you changed the meaning, you are so desperate to have an argument with me you're starting to make mistakes.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would   Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would EmptyWed Jul 01, 2020 10:23 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Bollocks by highlighting my post minus the words "if the season were to be played out" you changed the meaning, you are so desperate to have an argument with me you're starting to make mistakes.

Changed the meaning? How?  So you did think we would go up if the season played out?  Is that what you're saying?  

At this point... Who bloody cares?

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would   Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 10:05 am

Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Earwegoagain wrote:

Look at the bit you highlighted. It looks like I'm contradicting myself because you have left out "if the season played out" as evidence of me not knowing how to think. Embolden the "if the season played out" and it makes perfect sense.
This is classic Nool like behaviour. Don't get involved in the actual thread other than to pour scorn on WHO is posting because THEY are stupid, unable to think, a whack job, thick as a brick ect, ect.
After all is said and done you then realise that it was you that got it wrong but instead of backtracking or even apologising you'll just up the anti on another thread or post and still won't join in the conversation.
The main difference between you and the great man is that Nool was smart enough to buy the forum and even he had enough about him to surround himself with the mod pack for support yet you are so obnoxious you have less friends than Nool and have to act like the lone fookin ranger when on your quest to ruin the forum.
Now please feck off.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would   Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 5:15 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Earwegoagain wrote:

Look at the bit you highlighted. It looks like I'm contradicting myself because you have left out "if the season played out" as evidence of me not knowing how to think. Embolden the "if the season played out" and it makes perfect sense.
This is classic Nool like behaviour. Don't get involved in the actual thread other than to pour scorn on WHO is posting because THEY are stupid, unable to think, a whack job, thick as a brick ect, ect.
After all is said and done you then realise that it was you that got it wrong but instead of backtracking or even apologising you'll just up the anti on another thread or post and still won't join in the conversation.
The main difference between you and the great man is that Nool was smart enough to buy the forum and even he had enough about him to surround himself with the mod pack for support yet you are so obnoxious you have less friends than Nool and have to act like the lone fookin ranger when on your quest to ruin the forum.
Now please feck off.

Lol. Nool, nool, nool...

Can you say 'one trick pony'?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would   Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 6:23 pm

ATD is getting more like Pasoti every day, with any critisism on the Owner (SH, not JB) resulting in abuse
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would   Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 10:01 pm

Grovehill wrote:
ATD is getting more like Pasoti every day, with any critisism on the Owner (SH, not JB) resulting in abuse

No...  What generally earns ridicule or scorn is when someone like you, or earwegoagain, or Reg Green, or Harvetheslayer, comes out with a pile of made up shit that has no evidence to back it up whatsoever.

Case in point:  Your wild outlandish fantasy that Hallet is the 'face' of a hidden consortium that secretly owns Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would   Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 9:51 am

Rickler wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

No...  What generally earns ridicule or scorn is when someone like you, or earwegoagain, or Reg Green, or Harvetheslayer, comes out with a pile of made up shit that has no evidence to back it up whatsoever.

Case in point:  Your wild outlandish fantasy that Hallet is the 'face' of a hidden consortium that secretly owns Argyle.

lol! Just cast your eyes upwards. My made up shit with nothing to back it up whatsoever was musings on this seasons promotion which you misquoted to make it appear like I was contradicting myself.
Your main gripe with me is that I hate no POTD and the match day catering issues which again is just an opinion. You personally are making this place like pasoti which is ironic as you were booted off pasoti for having an opinion about the chairman that Nool didn't like.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would   Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 4:08 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

Whats your opinion of Kim Jung Nools, Dog shit forum?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would   Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 4:20 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I think Gus's original name rhymes with Munchy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would   Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 4:35 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I think Gus's original name rhymes with Munchy. Very Happy
I dont think Punchy would claim to post on a forum he loathes, it smells like the Rabbit is Pork Based to me, who else is that sad lonely and pathetic enough to bother? pig pig pig lol!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would   Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 6:08 pm

The Wabbit is on here as himself.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would   Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 6:24 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

lol! Just cast your eyes upwards. My made up shit with nothing to back it up whatsoever was musings on this seasons promotion which you misquoted to make it appear like I was contradicting myself.
Your main gripe with me is that I hate no POTD and the match day catering issues which again is just an opinion. You personally are making this place like pasoti which is ironic as you were booted off pasoti for having an opinion about the chairman that Nool didn't like.

I don't need to cast my eyes upward.  I wasn't referring to your "musings" on promototion.

I couldn't care less if you hate POTD or have issues with the catering.  I couldn't care less if you think I am making ATD like Pasoti - shows what a fool are.  

As for my main "gripe" about you?  Lol, I hadn't really thought about it.  But since you brought it up..   My main gripe with you is you're a hypocritical mouthy know it all, who isn't really very bright.

Oh, and..  I was booted off Pasoti for having an opinion about Nool (not Brent) that Nool didn't like.  Brent wasn't even in the picture at the time.  Totally unheard of. So.. Want another go?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would   Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 6:33 pm

Rickler wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

Thank you for so admirably proving my point
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would   Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 6:48 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

It's hilarious how you and a few others think that you can post any sort of old rubbish and expect to be given a free pass instead of being called out.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would   Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 7:54 pm

Rickler wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

It's hilarious how you and a few others think that you can post any sort of old rubbish and expect to be given a free pass instead of being called out.
excatly you answered your own question expect to be called out everytime you chat shit or your servere over the top cocknoshing of the chairman
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would   Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 8:32 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

What point is that then, that Hallett is fronting a consortium, total bollox
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would   Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would Empty

Back to top Go down

Simon Hallett enjoyed the promotion more than he thought he would
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next