Elias
Tringreen
Mapperley, darling
pepsipete
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

staying up!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 2:14 pm

Well that's clearly the plan.

Brent is only interested in making a profit from Home Park. What actually takes place there is incidental and unimportant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 2:46 pm

Where Brent says it wouldn't be the end of the world, of course he is right. But, and it's a big "but", it's there that I think he doesn't "get" what it is to be a football fan. I wonder if he is prepared for the onslaught not only if we do get relegated but also if we don't bounce right back up!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 6:16 pm

If we get relegated the first thing that will happen is that most of the staff will be sacked. We need crowds of 7500 to pay the staff debt. This obviously won't be able to be paid, what then? Write it off? Go into another period of admin?
Chelsea have just admitted that they made a huge mistake in appointing an inexperienced manager, does Brent have the bollocks or can he even be bothered to address the situation?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 6:24 pm

Brent looks like being the biggest single disaster ever to befall Argyle in its history. And after *****wallet that is some feat! Brent has had plenty of time and opportunity to save Argyle but has done nothing. In his watch Argyle will certainly cease to be a league club and will probably cease to exist at all. Why aren't the fans kicking up hell??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 7:09 pm

Freathy wrote:
Brent looks like being the biggest single disaster ever to befall Argyle in its history. And after *****wallet that is some feat! Brent has had plenty of time and opportunity to save Argyle but has done nothing. In his watch Argyle will certainly cease to be a league club and will probably cease to exist at all. Why aren't the fans kicking up hell??

Because we started from such a low point that improvement was easy - and we have improved. If you look at the side yesterday from the little kiddies in nappies that Reid had at his disposal at the beginning of the season, the club has moved on. We are better than we were - whether that is good enough - who knows?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 7:59 pm

knecht wrote:
Where Brent says it wouldn't be the end of the world, of course he is right. But, and it's a big "but", it's there that I think he doesn't "get" what it is to be a football fan. I wonder if he is prepared for the onslaught not only if we do get relegated but also if we don't bounce right back up!

You've just reminded me. In this interview - sure I didn't dream it: I don't usually swear at the radio in my dreams - he indicated that he'd been advised that we'd be straight back up again. Heard that last year, and the year before ...

With everything that's gone on this season, both on the pitch (no need to expand on this) and off it (the imposition of Salsa Verde on loyal season ticket holders, the delay in appointing people who actually know what they're doing, the endless attacks on fellow fans - even creating a whole website just for the purpose) I suspect I'm not the only one who fears a lifelong passion's nearing its end.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 6:04 am

That passion has been stolen from me slowly and steathily over the whole 50 years I've had this club in my heart by a succession of rogues and chancers both on and off the pitch. It has infrequently been reignited as the cycle turns and foolish optimism reasserts itself, but I've been through that cycle one to many times now, maybe I'll be spared to see one more resurrection but I know that will end in tears as well so, as Tringy says, I'm finally older and wise enough to shrug my shoulders at the disaster continuing to unfold in front of our eyes.

I had a grand day out on Saturday, visiting a proper community carnival with beer and food from all over the world and happy people enjoying themselves in the sun. Then on to a proper stadium to see, an admittedly pretty crappy, rugby match. The home(my) team popping a penalty over with 2 minutes to go to win 15-12 and ignite the stadium. I got home around midnight and still had to log on and see the totally expected score from HP to which my reaction was...who fecking cares!!

See you later, chums. Off to the golf course again now.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 6:32 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
That passion has been stolen from me slowly and steathily over the whole 50 years I've had this club in my heart by a succession of rogues and chancers both on and off the pitch. It has infrequently been reignited as the cycle turns and foolish optimism reasserts itself, but I've been through that cycle one to many times now, maybe I'll be spared to see one more resurrection but I know that will end in tears as well so, as Tringy says, I'm finally older and wise enough to shrug my shoulders at the disaster continuing to unfold in front of our eyes.

I had a grand day out on Saturday, visiting a proper community carnival with beer and food from all over the world and happy people enjoying themselves in the sun. Then on to a proper stadium to see, an admittedly pretty crappy, rugby match. The home(my) team popping a penalty over with 2 minutes to go to win 15-12 and ignite the stadium. I got home around midnight and still had to log on and see the totally expected score from HP to which my reaction was...who fecking cares!!

See you later, chums. Off to the golf course again now.
You bastard!

Me, my life is crap...I saw 600+ runs yesterday in a corking game at the Gabba. I thought Sri Lanka were going to complete the most unlikely comeback but they just fell short in the final over. Today I went to the beach at Surfer's Paradise and got sunburnt.

tongue
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:02 am

Did the Conference adopt their plan to kick out any club that enters Administration?

Is there a wage cap in the Conference?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:55 am

If we're staying up we have to win about 6 games out of our last 12. Our next 2 games are away, followed by a home game against promotion contenders Shrewsbury.

3 of our last 4 games are against top 6 teams, Oxford, Swindon and Cheltenham.

In between we play Bristol rovers, Bradford, Hereford and Northampton.

Which 6 games can we win? We can't beat the teams around us at the bottom, so are we going for a grandstand finish beating all of the highflying clubs or are we relying on the few mid table sides rolling over because they have nothing to play for?

On form we will lose our next 3 games, leaving just 9 games.

Anyone accusing me of being negative can feck right off. When you see the equation in black and white it shows a more likely picture than all of this "we only have to be better than 2 other teams" shit. Only one defeat in 5 blah blah blah.

We have 12 points from our last 12 games, against a lot of poor teams. If we can match that against 5 of the promotion candidates and the other teams fighting against the drop, we will have 41 points!

If we lose against the 5 decent sides challenging for promotion, and we will be odds on to lose all of them, we have 7 games that can be considered better chances to pick up 3 points.

X-isle can knock people for being surrender monkeys all he likes, I'm trying to work out how exactly we are going to turn our season around in the blink of an eye.

The excuses for Fletcher have ran out. Yes Reid's side only got 1 point from 9 games, so super Fletcher has improved us so dramatically with 28 points from 25 games, still relegation zone material, with the players being paid, and the luxury of choosing an entirely new team, from the kids Reid had to put out every week.

If im a surrender monkey then good. You stick to putting up with total shit week in week out whilstthe owner makes apathetic janners look like a thrash metal band on speed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 11:00 am

I'm a surrender monkey, I think we're down and buried and we need to consider options in the Conference for next season, just as Brent himself has done.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 11:16 am

Greenjock wrote:
If we're staying up we have to win about 6 games out of our last 12. Our next 2 games are away, followed by a home game against promotion contenders Shrewsbury.

3 of our last 4 games are against top 6 teams, Oxford, Swindon and Cheltenham.

In between we play Bristol rovers, Bradford, Hereford and Northampton.

Which 6 games can we win? We can't beat the teams around us at the bottom, so are we going for a grandstand finish beating all of the highflying clubs or are we relying on the few mid table sides rolling over because they have nothing to play for?

On form we will lose our next 3 games, leaving just 9 games.

Anyone accusing me of being negative can feck right off. When you see the equation in black and white it shows a more likely picture than all of this "we only have to be better than 2 other teams" shit. Only one defeat in 5 blah blah blah.

We have 12 points from our last 12 games, against a lot of poor teams. If we can match that against 5 of the promotion candidates and the other teams fighting against the drop, we will have 41 points!

If we lose against the 5 decent sides challenging for promotion, and we will be odds on to lose all of them, we have 7 games that can be considered better chances to pick up 3 points.

X-isle can knock people for being surrender monkeys all he likes, I'm trying to work out how exactly we are going to turn our season around in the blink of an eye.

The excuses for Fletcher have ran out. Yes Reid's side only got 1 point from 9 games, so super Fletcher has improved us so dramatically with 28 points from 25 games, still relegation zone material, with the players being paid, and the luxury of choosing an entirely new team, from the kids Reid had to put out every week.

If im a surrender monkey then good. You stick to putting up with total shit week in week out whilstthe owner makes apathetic janners look like a thrash metal band on speed.

I think the answer is to get bigger flags. The improvement in form isn't just down to Fletch equal praise must go to an improved atmosphere better songs and steady drumming.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 11:22 am

Until it is a mathematical certainty, I will not contemplate life in the BSP. However, I will concede it is looking increasingly likely.

Brent is not going to do anything. He wants the club to ultimately fail so he can snap up the land cheap in order to develop it. He has no interest in the fortunes of PAFC on the field, it's just a business that brings in money - and has to make a profit.

He cares little whether Pilgrim Pete is picking the team or Avram Grant. He has had forecasts of projected revenue streams for both L2 and BSP and has decided that he can operate on both. That's my guess anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 7:08 pm

Look at these games, and pick the wins out of them. On present form I don’t see many, if any:

AFC Wimbledon (A)
Rotherham (A)
Shrewsbury (H)
Bristol Rovers (H)
Northampton (A)
Bradford (H)
Hereford (A)
Aldershot (H)
Swindon (A)
Oxford Utd (H)
Morecambe (A)
Cheltenham (H)

Before our present collapse and others improving, I thought Bristol Rovers/Northampton/Bradford/Hereford/Aldershot were possible. Now it’s fingers crossed for every game.
Waiting for others to fail is not/should not be an option.

Merv Plummer

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

staying up!!!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3