Tringreen
Mapperley, darling
pepsipete
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

staying up!!! Empty
PostSubject: staying up!!!   staying up!!! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 1:26 pm

A 0 0 DRAW WITH DAGENHAM DOES NOT SEAL RELEGATION (this post gets more positive towards the end )

We hit the post twice and their keeper made a very good save, while dagenham hardly threatened us in the game. We have just gone 3 CLEAN SHEETS for the first time since 2008. It was a scrappy game, and most of them will be, if your expecting to see Barcelona for your hard earned money then you might aswell keep it in your wallet and get sky TV instead.

If we drew 0 0 at accrington then won 4 0 against Dagenham, you would all be jumping for joy, it makes no difference in which order, we got 4 points from the last 2 games.

WE HAVEN'T LOST AT HOME IN 5 MATCHES AND LOOK AT SOME OF THOSE TEAMS, BURTON, CRAWLEY, SOUTHEND, BARNET (WON THEIR LAST 4). To say things are not improving is a joke.

People are still saying we are going down, how, may I ask? Because current form suggests that we will finish above our current position, which is 2 places ABOVE the drop zone anyway. Important games against macclesfield, hereford and Northampton and Bradford coming up, so stay positive.

I might have green tinted specs on, but I don't need to. I AM LOOKING AT THE LEAGUE TABLE, AND RIGHT NOW, THAT MEANS WE ARE STAYING UP!!!.

If you don't want to part with 20/8 quid, then stay at home please!!! There was no question of effort on saturday. It was a matter of luck, and dagenham throwing 11 men behind the ball, on another day, we would have won 2 0, then you wouldn't be moaning about parting with your 20 cash...glory fan much?...if you go support Man City, you can see them win their games and all you have to do is get sky sports.

Sorry for the rant but this is TOTALLY the wrong attitude, the club need the support, and on a matchday regardless of the score, most of the fans cheer the team on until 90 minutes are up. (We're the left side argyle buys )

20. Macclesfield
21. Plymouth
22. Hereford

23. Northampton
24. Dagenham

We have played all those teams this season (dagenham twice) and we haven't lost 1 of them guys.

Next up is Macclesfield tonight, BIG game, support the lads, work hard through the week, look forward to saturday, and if hitting the post twice and outplaying our opposition isn't good enough, then don't come down.

Most of us will support them through thick and thin, so please, do us all a favour, and those doubters, look at the facts and lighten up, sometimes it almost seems like you want us to go down.

THINGS ARE GETTING BETTER, I AM EDGING MY WAY INTO THE PRO FLETCHER CAMP AND PRO BRENT CAMP AS THE CLUB IS BEING RUN WELL, THE TEAM IS BEING RUN WELL. Look at our league position before Fletcher took charge, fletcher has done what we all thought was impossible, giving us a good chance of staying in the league.

We all get frustrated at times... (yep including me, especially at half time when it's 0 0 lol) hope and being positive is key, and that reflects onto the pitch when those lads are running their socks off to cheer you up and make you happy when sky's are grey, you may not notice, how much I love you, so please don't take my argyle away

BIG GAME TONIGHT, COME ON YOU GREENS, THEN ANOTHER GAME ON SATURDAY

THE GREENS ARE STAYING UP, WE REFUSED TO DIE, AND WE REFUSE TO GO DOWN.

CB
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

staying up!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 1:44 pm

Your enthusiasm could be catching, wait until Freathy sees it.
Back to top Go down

staying up!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:11 pm

Block 4.....

VERY persuasive argument. Gawd, I hope you're right!! Very Happy

Merv Plummer

Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

staying up!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:14 pm

Cobi, aren't you too young for a swally?

i'd love to be proved wrong, but it aint over til its over and i reckon that to be march 24th
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

staying up!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 5:43 pm

I've gone totally potty and had £50 on Argyle to win at 8-5. £10 on Mac first goalscorer at 7-1 and £10 on Walton to score at anytime at 4-1 geek
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

staying up!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 6:00 pm

Block4Green wrote:
A 0 0 DRAW WITH DAGENHAM DOES NOT SEAL RELEGATION (this post gets more positive towards the end )

We hit the post twice and their keeper made a very good save, while dagenham hardly threatened us in the game. We have just gone 3 CLEAN SHEETS for the first time since 2008. It was a scrappy game, and most of them will be, if your expecting to see Barcelona for your hard earned money then you might aswell keep it in your wallet and get sky TV instead.

If we drew 0 0 at accrington then won 4 0 against Dagenham, you would all be jumping for joy, it makes no difference in which order, we got 4 points from the last 2 games.

WE HAVEN'T LOST AT HOME IN 5 MATCHES AND LOOK AT SOME OF THOSE TEAMS, BURTON, CRAWLEY, SOUTHEND, BARNET (WON THEIR LAST 4). To say things are not improving is a joke.

People are still saying we are going down, how, may I ask? Because current form suggests that we will finish above our current position, which is 2 places ABOVE the drop zone anyway. Important games against macclesfield, hereford and Northampton and Bradford coming up, so stay positive.

I might have green tinted specs on, but I don't need to. I AM LOOKING AT THE LEAGUE TABLE, AND RIGHT NOW, THAT MEANS WE ARE STAYING UP!!!.

If you don't want to part with 20/8 quid, then stay at home please!!! There was no question of effort on saturday. It was a matter of luck, and dagenham throwing 11 men behind the ball, on another day, we would have won 2 0, then you wouldn't be moaning about parting with your 20 cash...glory fan much?...if you go support Man City, you can see them win their games and all you have to do is get sky sports.

Sorry for the rant but this is TOTALLY the wrong attitude, the club need the support, and on a matchday regardless of the score, most of the fans cheer the team on until 90 minutes are up. (We're the left side argyle buys )

20. Macclesfield
21. Plymouth
22. Hereford

23. Northampton
24. Dagenham

We have played all those teams this season (dagenham twice) and we haven't lost 1 of them guys.

Next up is Macclesfield tonight, BIG game, support the lads, work hard through the week, look forward to saturday, and if hitting the post twice and outplaying our opposition isn't good enough, then don't come down.

Most of us will support them through thick and thin, so please, do us all a favour, and those doubters, look at the facts and lighten up, sometimes it almost seems like you want us to go down.

THINGS ARE GETTING BETTER, I AM EDGING MY WAY INTO THE PRO FLETCHER CAMP AND PRO BRENT CAMP AS THE CLUB IS BEING RUN WELL, THE TEAM IS BEING RUN WELL. Look at our league position before Fletcher took charge, fletcher has done what we all thought was impossible, giving us a good chance of staying in the league.

We all get frustrated at times... (yep including me, especially at half time when it's 0 0 lol) hope and being positive is key, and that reflects onto the pitch when those lads are running their socks off to cheer you up and make you happy when sky's are grey, you may not notice, how much I love you, so please don't take my argyle away

BIG GAME TONIGHT, COME ON YOU GREENS, THEN ANOTHER GAME ON SATURDAY

THE GREENS ARE STAYING UP, WE REFUSED TO DIE, AND WE REFUSE TO GO DOWN.

CB

Cannon fodder.
Back to top Go down

staying up!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 6:13 pm

Crikey Jock!! Hope you've paid for the break in Cornwall already!!

Edited to add Tring optimistic as ever.

Merv P.
Back to top Go down

staying up!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 6:22 pm

Not going to Cornwall now, have to go to bleddy Cadbury World pale
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

staying up!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 6:32 pm

A bit like we werent going down last season or the season before. cheers

You & the management team at home park need to get it into their skulls you HAVE to beat those around you at the bottom to stay above the relegation zone. Draws are NO good. You then rely on others to lose.
We'd be better off beating Dagger 4 nil & drawing at Accrington .

Our finishing on Saturday was poor, ok an off day for some but side liacked any zip & with a big crowd to support them too that is a huge worry.
Motivation from the Manager has to be questioned.........

Can you seriously see us getting 3 points at Northampton & Hereford ? Accrigton made serious errors on the day ie allowing us the wind passing out of defence into the wind.............
Northampton & Hereford will have done their homework unless they really are dumb.......
Back to top Go down

staying up!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 6:57 pm

Jock - All that chocolate tongue
I guess it's Bournville not Dunedin, New Zealand!! :arrow:

Merv P.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

staying up!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 7:00 pm

Staying up - I've heard this same old shit for the past 2 seasons and it's a tad boring. We're no more staying up than we were last season or the season before. I know some can't quite believe it, especially as we were on the verge of the big time just under 5 years ago until *****wallet f***ed it up, but we are now far too shit for the football league. Keep the tedious unfounded positivity crap for pasoti.
Back to top Go down

staying up!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 7:37 pm

Bloody hell Freathy!

Say what you really mean, stop being so restrained.
Back to top Go down

staying up!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 7:49 pm

Freathy is absolutely right!

Pasoti is the place for "tedious unfounded positivity crap".

ATD is the place for the unmitigatedly tedious what did you do in the war, I remember the good old days crap.

Let's make sure we don't get the two sites mixed up.
Back to top Go down

staying up!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 9:43 pm

Bizarre scores tonight!!

Edited to add: Unlucky Jock.

MervP.

Last edited by pafcineurope on Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

staying up!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 9:47 pm

Relegation all but confirmed. We are f***ing shit.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

staying up!!! Empty

pafcineurope wrote:

Bizarre scores tonight!!

Shoulda come in to 'Chat' Merv, we were having a right old yarn...
Back to top Go down

staying up!!! Empty

Oh dear
Back to top Go down

staying up!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 9:50 pm

Bring on Gillingham on Saturday....alot tougher then Barnet, Dagenham, and Macclesfield ill wager

I see Gillingham conceeded 4 against Hereford tonight.....wonder wholl bear the backlash of that on Saturday lol!

Dont worry though....according to Cobi all is well lol!
Back to top Go down

staying up!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 9:59 pm

Czarcasm - tried to watch TV and the scores at the same time. Chat would have been a step too far. Smile

Freathy - sounds like John Laurie in Dad's Army - We're doomed, doomed I tell you!! affraid

Didn't the Gills do well!!

Merv Plummer.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

staying up!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 6:47 am

pafcineurope wrote:
Crikey Jock!! Hope you've paid for the break in Cornwall already!!

Edited to add Tring optimistic as ever.

Merv P.

Unfounded optimism or positivity, the curse of the modern era, is for those who can't or won't think and face reality.

The lessons of history would appear to be absorbed by a mature and pragmatic minority.

I am one, as is Freathy and Greenskin and a select 'few' others.

No matter how we state our case and how many facts are used to verify our conclusions, the majority live for the day. Enjoy the ride.
Back to top Go down

staying up!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 9:35 am

I am still a bit undecided about whether we are crap or a tad unlucky, yes we are not the best team in the league by a long way, but are we worse than the 4 teams below us at the moment? Last nights games prove how difficult it is to win those games against the teams around us and vice versa, we also do better against teams higher up the league. In defence of the team last night the whistle should have blown a minute before they scored the equaliser, and we should have scored 3 against D&R, like I say though, is this down purely to luck or are we one of the better shit teams, I must say I can smell a bit of shit, maybe not a whole nappy full, but at least a very big skid mark.
Back to top Go down

staying up!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 10:25 am

Tringreen wrote:

I am one, as is Freathy and Greenskin and a select 'few' others.

No matter how we state our case and how many facts are used to verify our conclusions, the majority live for the day. Enjoy the ride.

That is because, whichever way you slice it, there are far more important things in life to the average fan than PAFC. We love our club, it's in our genes. A terrible affliction to bear at the moment, but it's still the club we support. When we go to HP we expect to win/hope to win/hope for a draw. I never ever go expecting defeat (unless we draw a high flying Prem team in the FA Cup) and always hope for the best. I expect my club to entertain me by playing attractive football and scoring goals. I expect them to be successful. I don't love my club any less when they are not doing well, have to play a grim Northern Town on a dreary Tuesday and only get a point.

Supporting PAFC is not the most important thing in my life, but I do enjoy it, through good and bad times. It's in my blood. No, I don't bleed green, but it's like having a beer or two at weekends. And yes, I get grumpy if I can't do that sometimes too, a bit like if we don't win two games in a row that we should have.

Does that make me terminally Aviva? If so, pass the flag!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

staying up!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 11:08 am

The very fact that you recognise your çondition, indicates you are not Aviva.

Back to top Go down

staying up!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 11:21 am

Summed it up pretty well Cerbera. Some weekends my wife doesn't even ask "what's wrong??", just checks the foootball results!! Smile

Still there's always next weekend....... bounce

Luckily no cat. lol!

MervPlummer

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

staying up!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 12:20 pm

pafcineurope wrote:

Summed it up pretty well Cerbera. Some weekends my wife doesn't even ask "what's wrong??", just checks the foootball results!! Smile

Still there's always next weekend....... bounce

Luckily no cat. lol!

MervPlummer

I used to be like that Merv.

A win on Saturday and the whole week was happy. A draw and it was ok. A defeat and the sun rarely shone.

Older and wiser now. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

staying up!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: staying up!!!   staying up!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

staying up!!!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next