sufferedsince 68
Earwegoagain
harvetheslayer
Tgwu
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors  Empty
PostSubject: All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors    All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors  EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 11:06 am

All games across the Championship, League One and League Two are set to be broadcast live on television or online after the English Football League confirmed football will resume behind closed doors.

An open letter to fans from EFL chairman Rick Parry confirmed that there is no scheduled date for the return of football across the country due to the uncertainty that follows the coronavirus crisis, with the government on Thursday announcing a further three-week UK lockdown that runs until 7 May at the very least.

Parry confirmed that when games eventually resume, fans will be locked out of EFL matches, meaning hundreds of thousands of season-ticket holders and match-going supporters face missing out on a large chunk of the remaining 2019/20 season, if not all of it.

To make up for the absence of attendable matches, the EFL has vowed to try and make every match across their leagues available to watch from home after entering talks with broadcast partners, iFollow and club streaming services, which should in theory should enable football to return sooner than if thousands of supporters were in attendance.

All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors and broadcast on TV or online

The Independent has seen a letter sent by the EFL to all club members detailing a plan that recommends a return-to-training date for players of 16 May, should the level of lockdown be eased next month, and that while a return date has not been officially rubber-stamped clubs have been instructed to prepare for a resumption ‘at short notice’.

Parry said: “To give you an honest assessment of the current situation; the point at which you will be able to attend games again remains unclear. Please be assured, however, that we are going to welcome you back to stadiums as soon as it is safe to do so. Your contribution to the matchday experience and atmospheres created in stadia up and down the country is something we should never take for granted. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you today when football will resume, though whenever we do return, matches are likely to be played without crowds.

“And whilst we are unfortunately without the presence of the hundreds of thousands of supporters who pass through EFL turnstiles each week, we will endeavour to bring live football direct into your homes once it returns. Plans are continuing to be worked up for all games to be broadcast either via our broadcast partners, iFollow or equivalent Club streaming services. We will update you on this once we know when matches will recommence.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors    All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors  EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 11:09 am

Its as if whoever is coming up with these plans have no concept of the social distancing that only this morning on Sky was touted to last at least until this years end.
How long do they plan to defer these matches ??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors    All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors  EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 11:30 am

so when can expect my money back on games i'll miss that ive payed for with my season ticket then rick parry?? As Argyle can piss off if they think im paying £10 a pop to watch these games on the website with the poor quality and comms they provide.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors    All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors  EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 12:17 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Its as if whoever is coming up with these plans have no concept of the social distancing that only this morning on Sky was touted to last at least until this years end.

I read something a couple of weeks back that said all players would need to test negative for games to go ahead. Surely they have to implement testing for this to go ahead.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors    All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors  EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 12:18 pm

Angry wrote:
so when can expect my money back on games i'll miss that ive payed for with my season ticket then rick parry?? As Argyle can piss off if they think im paying £10 a pop to watch these games on the website with the poor quality and comms they provide.

Shorely they will have to offer season ticket holders a free pass to watch the games?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors    All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors  EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 12:21 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:

Shorely they will have to offer season ticket holders a free pass to watch the games?

even if they did do that your still going to be out of pocket
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors    All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors  EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 12:25 pm

I’ve paid for the Exeter ticket £24 and £90 for the Forest Green corporate thing - if they think I’m paying again to watch that substandard iFollow stream they can fcuk off!!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors    All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors  EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 12:33 pm

It wont happen, where are they going to get the medical staff for the players, and the police from to make sure morons dont gather in numbers outside grounds?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors    All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors  EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 12:43 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
It wont happen, where are they going to get the medical staff for the players, and the police from to make sure morons dont gather in numbers outside grounds?

that is a good point it will be like sky sports news's transfer deadline day coverage outside the grounds utter chaos
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors    All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors  EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 12:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors    All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors  EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 12:52 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:

That not going to work, what about about families,I have five ST holders in my family,
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors    All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors  EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 1:12 pm

Angry wrote:
gotta be free to ST holders surely not only that On top of my STs would mind a refund for the 5 extra Exeter tickets I’ve got as well
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors    All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors  EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 2:34 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

The EFL should do what the Scots have just done, end the season now and leave final placings as they are. Certain Clubs will moan no doubt but, I can't see no other option tbh.

Call it now and plan for the 2020-2021.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors    All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors  EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 2:55 pm

I read something a couple of weeks back that said all players would need to test negative for games to go ahead. Surely they have to implement testing for this to go ahead.[/quote]

But if they all test negative, it means they could still catch and pass on the virus. They only fully safe way would be that only those who have caught and recovered (and therefore can't pass it on) are allowed to play.

Also I find it quite funny how many posters have been talking about "unique circumstances" "clubs at risk of folding" etc etc. start crying as soon as it looks like they might lose out by 10% of their ST value
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors    All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors  EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 3:18 pm

Grovehill wrote:

I read something a couple of weeks back that said all players would need to test negative for games to go ahead. Surely they have to implement testing for this to go ahead.

But if they all test negative, it means they could still catch and pass on the virus. They only fully safe way would be that only those who have caught and recovered (and therefore can't pass it on) are allowed to play.

Also I find it quite funny how many posters have been talking about "unique circumstances" "clubs at risk of folding" etc etc. start crying as soon as it looks like they might lose out by 10% of their ST value[/quote]

The only way it could work is every football club hired a hotel for a few months to use as quarantine centres. Get tested go to quarantine. All the staff would need to follow the same procedure as well. Every time anyone leaves the quarantine centre they would again need testing. Youd also have hundreds of coaches driving the length and breadth of the country. The more I think about it the more I think it isn't going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors    All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors  EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 3:31 pm

Trying to play out the season could just make it more of a farce. One player tests positive and then the whole squad go into self-isolation for a fortnight. Unless official government advice softens massively, games ain’t being played any time soon.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors    All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors  EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 4:56 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Trying to play out the season could just make it more of a farce. One player tests positive and then the whole squad go into self-isolation for a fortnight. Unless official government advice softens massively, games ain’t being played any time soon.

You ain't wrong there.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors    All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors  Empty

Back to top Go down

All English Football League games to resume behind closed doors
Page 1 of 1