harvetheslayer
Les Miserable
Tgwu
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Grovehill

BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news   BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 5:36 pm

I bet Lowe says something stupid in the post match interviews. Pick 1 from:

"We got better as the game went on"

"The pitch didn't help"

"The ref had a bad game"

We will learn from this"
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news   BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 5:50 pm

Grovehill wrote:

"The pitch didn't help"

"The ref had a bad game"

We will learn from this"
we got better as the game went on lol! nailed on
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news   BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 6:05 pm

All managers talk shit like that after a loss, maybe Ryan could explain why he didn't start Hardie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news   BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 6:37 pm

every season we suffer from a lack of decent squad strengthening in january while teams around us add to their numbers and this year is no exception. We have to break this cycle of believing that having a strong 11 is enough as we keep seeing one or two players drop out we go to shit. we need a squad that has strength and depth that encourages competition for places.

Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news   BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 7:13 pm

Grovehill wrote:

"The pitch didn't help"

"The ref had a bad game"

We will learn from this"

Yep, he's rolled out the first three in his comments on the OS!

Hallett should give him what he wants and let him go home
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news   BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 7:13 pm

We are falling off now because the squad isn't strong enough and the defence is shite. January is for tweaking not complete feckin rebuilds like we need. The writing was on the wall in August only some of us chose not to admit it.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news   BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 7:15 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

"The pitch didn't help"

"The ref had a bad game"

We will learn from this"

Just proves Lowe reads ATD.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news   BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 7:21 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

"The pitch didn't help"

"The ref had a bad game"

We will learn from this"

He rolled out the "first three" because to a large degree they were true.

Did you actually watch the game Grovehill?
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news   BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 7:54 pm

Rapidly getting pissed off with Lowe and his shite excuses. The content of his interviews are irrelavant and I dont even bother watching anymore.

Deliver or feck off Lowe
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news   BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 9:46 pm

Pitch looked worse than Macclesfield
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news   BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 10:04 pm

Rickler wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

"The pitch didn't help"

"The ref had a bad game"

We will learn from this"

Takes a big man to say things like "best team won, we weren't good enough, tackle was reckless, as a senior player he should know better"

RL isn't a big man
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news   BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 10:19 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

"The pitch didn't help"

"The ref had a bad game"

We will learn from this"

Takes a big man to say things like "best team won, we weren't good enough, tackle was reckless, as a senior player he should know better"

RL isn't a big man

But the "best team" didn't win. We were good enough, we just didn't do it. We simply didn't create enough chances. Yes, the tackle was reckless but was it a red? As a senior player, yes he should know better - but what senior player has never made the same mistake on a similar pitch?

..and as for RL not being a "big man". I think your snarky unwarranted obsession with him makes you half his size.

I noticed you avoided answering whether you watched the game. I think the answer is obviously no.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news   BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 10:48 pm

Ifs buts and maybes . Lowe is full of shit
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news   BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 01, 2020 4:46 am

2 Points from 9 and yet the other clubs have hardly pulled away. Correct me if I'm wrong we were 4 off top pre the game  ??   Still right in the mix albeit Grimsby really is a must win now to get back on track

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news   BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 01, 2020 5:03 am

I personally thought Rick Cowdery was good on the mic today. Sometimes, ex pro's have to be impartial, even though they're there 'for' Argyle, if that makes sense. But summarisers who are also fans can afford to be a bit green-goggled and show a bit of emotion, and dare I say it, a little bit of annoyance at the opposition or officials. The main commentator cannot really do that, they just call the match.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news   BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 01, 2020 6:05 am

from free chat... Moi... For a club with no top division history and resultant , developed fanbase, championship football doesn't inspire the interest and attendances for long. Only clear, cash backed ambition from the owners will create the necessary belief and support surge. SH has made a start but will likely need help to grow the product on and off the pitch .

James Green
James Green Andrew Brooks Simon ran the numbers. We are (already) spending like a team in 17th position I the Championship. That seems sustainable. Keep the faith. 🙂

Moi... James Green Been around the block too many times lol if we are already spending like a championship club, why is the team so unconvincing in the 4th division ?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news   BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 01, 2020 7:37 am

SteelCannon wrote:
I personally thought Rick Cowdery was good on the mic today. Sometimes, ex pro's have to be impartial, even though they're there 'for' Argyle, if that makes sense. But summarisers who are also fans can afford to be a bit green-goggled and show a bit of emotion, and dare I say it, a little bit of annoyance at the opposition or officials. The main commentator cannot really do that, they just call the match.

Oh summarisers who are fans can of course be green goggled. Rick is an employee. Big big difference.

I think fans listening appreciate it far more when a summariser calls it as it is - I’m not referring to yesterday’s game btw but just generally. Cowdrey couldn’t and wouldn’t ever call it as it is no matter how bad we may have played.

It’s a big reason why I never read any match report on the official site. I like to read a balanced view if I’m not at the game myself....and the same applies to the comms. And I have to say when you’re on, you do a pretty decent job tbf. I love you
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news   BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 01, 2020 11:25 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
2 Points from 9 and yet the other clubs have hardly pulled away. Correct me if I'm wrong we were 4 off top pre the game  ??   Still right in the mix albeit Grimsby really is a must win now to get back on track

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Argyle will need to up their game if they want to go up automatically, if not, then it will the Play-Off lottery.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news   BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 01, 2020 11:46 am

Czarcasm wrote:
SteelCannon wrote:

Oh summarisers who are fans can of course be green goggled. Rick is an employee. Big big difference.

I think fans listening appreciate it far more when a summariser calls it as it is - I’m not referring to yesterday’s game btw but just generally. Cowdrey couldn’t and wouldn’t ever call it as it is no matter how bad we may have played.

It’s a big reason why I never read any match report on the official site. I like to read a balanced view if I’m not at the game myself....and the same applies to the comms. And I have to say when you’re on, you do a pretty decent job tbf. I love you

I agree with all of that I never get wound up by Lowes shite because I very rarely read it and I see it for what it is compulsory soundbytes for the media.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news   BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 01, 2020 12:28 pm

Regardless of the theatrics of the Bradford player, the Sawyer tackle in real time at that point looks bad - not seen the Scarc sending off but he is a hot head at times.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news   BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 01, 2020 12:35 pm

Rickler wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

"The pitch didn't help"

"The ref had a bad game"

We will learn from this"

RL isn't a big man

But the "best team" didn't win.  We were good enough, we just didn't do it.  We simply didn't create enough chances.  Yes, the tackle was reckless but was it a red?  As a senior player, yes he should know better - but what senior player has never made the same mistake on a similar pitch?

..and as for RL not being a "big man".   I think your snarky unwarranted obsession with him makes you half his size.

I noticed you avoided answering whether you watched the game.  I think the answer is obviously no.

My post was about the prospect of RL making a trite remark/excuse after the game, not about the match itself. My point is that RL needs to think a bit more before he opens his mouth.

As for the game itself-no I did not attend, I have better things to do. I think Liverpool and Man City are good teams, but as I have never seen them live, does that make my opinion invalid. I also thought ATD was supposed to be an open unbiased forum-critisism of people with a different opinion makes ADT more like Pasoti, then it should be.

As for the remarks by Lowe:

Did Bradford play on a different pitch, or just adapt better.

Most teams 2 up against 10 or 9 men will ease off, but still be in total control despite the other team looking better.

Gary Sawyer has played at levels from the Conference upwards-a poor pitch should be no excuse. Both he and Sarcevic, are experienced players, and both the sendings off really left the ref no alternative (as said on Quest's coverage) Anyway, no experienced player should be committing a possible sending off tackle just a few yards inside their own half, near the touchline. Such desperate tackles should only be committed to avoid conceding a goal.

Edited to add: It was also obvious Argyle had targeted Connolly? for some heavy treatment-hardly sits well with RL's so called purist views on how the game should be played or his condemnation of teams who do the same to Mayor, does it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news   BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 01, 2020 4:24 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
Regardless of the theatrics of the Bradford player, the Sawyer tackle in real time at that point looks bad - not seen the Scarc sending off but he is a hot head at times.

it was a carbon copy of the last red he got a few weeks ago stupid ill timed tackle that he is experienced enough to know will land him in hot water if doesnt time it to perfection and two feet will always get a red.. sarcevic i think got 2 yellows so at least he only misses tuesday nights game but with numbers so thin in defence and with josh grant out till a week or two and aimson only just coming back to full training as of tomorrow he has again dropped us in it and the club should be disciplining him for his conduct.

Last edited by Angry on Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news   BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 01, 2020 5:04 pm

Got a feeling Tuesday night against Grimsby and u know who will be challenging.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news   BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 01, 2020 5:52 pm

Unprofessinal plie of shit from Lowes tippy tappy bores, two muppets sent off and the crap manager blames the ref ffs! Have a look at your shit selections and crap signings Ryan.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news   BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 01, 2020 10:37 pm

Bandwagon wrote:

Sarce heard into the sea and did it to the player not the ball.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news   BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

BRADFORD CITY V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE & team news
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next