Freathy
Punchdrunk
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Saturday's game - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 5:29 pm

Angry wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
Everyone knows the pitch will stand up to the rain, strong winds granted but as long as the bloody roof does not blow off again my guess is it will be on.
Crewe have already travelled down and as I'm speaking not one single game in the football league has been posponed as of yet.
I hope it's on anyway if it does get called off that will be the third time this season my saturday has been keboshed by the bloody weather or other stuff.

its going to get called off there is no way they can play football in 70mph wind and heavy rain whether the pitch is perfect or not. Albion have had there game cancelled and if they have had to do that then you know its going to be bad as they would rather drown their fans in the wind and rain then call a game off. plus those conditions are going to make it dangerous to travel to the game which the FA wont allow or police for a starters. Crewe maybe in town already most of their fans wont be.

Games will be called off soon if not first thing in the morning thats for certain. I hope the weather isnt as bad as they are sayingof course and the game goes ahead obviously as 3 games to make up will hurt us as much as it could benefit us if results go our way but even now its starting to kick in the weather i generally cant see the game happening.

The storm is due to hit from midday, so it will be interesting to see how this pans out with regards to the game being postponed.

Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 5:32 pm

Call it off now and we could get a 15k attendance in April
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 6:07 pm

Responsible thing would be to call it off now before away fans start travelling. Going to be horrendous conditions to play football tomorrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 6:33 pm

Freathy wrote:
Responsible thing would be to call it off now before away fans start travelling.  Going to be horrendous conditions to play football tomorrow.

agreed
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 7:06 pm

Bungo's going for the, "we had no choice" pisstake when he callsit off half hour before kickoff.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 7:29 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Call it off now and we could get a 15k attendance in April

Would be a shrewd move, doubt anyone at Argyle has even considered it.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 7:36 pm

Surely it's not up to the home club to decide when a game gets called off - that would be ripe for exploitation?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 7:38 pm

True, but with the predicted weather I doubt the efl or crewe would have any objections.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 8:06 pm

The wind may we’ll be 70mph outside the ground but inside at pitch level it would be considerably less I would imagine. You could argue about travel etc but travelling is the choice of the individual, if I decide to drive to Tesco’s then flip over in the wind is it my fault for traveling or Tesco’s for being open ?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 8:17 pm

Rickler wrote:
Surely it's not up to the home club to decide when a game gets called off - that would be ripe for exploitation?

Exactly !!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 8:17 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
The wind may we’ll be 70mph outside the ground but inside at pitch level it would be considerably less I would imagine. You could argue about travel etc but travelling is the choice of the individual, if I decide to drive to Tesco’s then flip over in the wind is it my fault for traveling or Tesco’s for being open ?

if your dumb enough to go tescos in that weather than you deserve everything that happens cause you ignored the warnings. the winds will still factor inside the ground so it will make any game if the club are again dumb enough to play in it a complete clusterfuck.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 8:26 pm

Angry wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

if your dumb enough to go tescos in that weather than you deserve everything that happens cause you ignored the warnings.  the winds will still factor inside the ground so it will make any game if the club are again dumb enough to play in it a complete clusterfuck.

You missed the point completely but never mind eh
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 8:37 pm

No league 1 or 2 games has been cancel yet
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 10:41 pm

Plenty of seats left in the Mayflower, while covered seating areas remain closed. Modern football is shit.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 6:57 am

Les Miserable wrote:
True, but with the predicted weather I doubt the efl or crewe would have any objections.

I don’t think Argyle can unilaterally call off a game. They’d have to get a ref in then also bring Crewe into the conversation because it isn’t until a lot closer to kick off time that there’ll be a weather issue.

I hope it goes ahead, mainly because I don’t fancy a mega Sunday hangover if I am forced to stay in the boozer all day. Tis’ true though - a game rearranged for the sharp end of April could literally mean doubling the attendance almost.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 7:44 am

Not a good day for sitting in the lower mankover
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 7:51 am

I wonder where the Directors will sit today?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 8:20 am

They have a platform hoist on standby outside the Devonport stand
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 8:39 am

Tgwu wrote:
They have a platform hoist on standby outside the Devonport stand

That’s to get Nools hot fork in position
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 8:46 am

Plymouth Argyle FC
Only1Argyle ·18m

We’re monitoring Storm Dennis but there is no reason, at present, to suppose that today’s game against crewe alex fc is in jeopardy.

If that changes, we will immediately let you know through all [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] communications channels, including our website, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 10:11 am

Tgwu wrote:

Plymouth Argyle FC
Only1Argyle ·18m

We’re monitoring Storm Dennis but there is no reason, at present, to suppose that today’s game against crewe alex fc  is in jeopardy.

If that changes, we will immediately let you know through all [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] communications channels, including our website, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

at the moment it doesnt seem to bad but the eye hits at 1500 and thats when the 70mph and heavy rain kicks in which will make the game unplayable and abandoned if they insist on going ahead despite warnings.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 10:29 am

Yep if it goes ahead it will be abandoned. Safety of travelling supporters and players is good enough reason to have postponed it yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 10:49 am

It will go ahead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 10:55 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
It will go ahead.

thats the jon back in you talking Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 10:57 am

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
It will go ahead.

thats the jon back in you talking Laughing Laughing

No it's the part of me wondering when we last had a game called off bar the one when the roof came loose and that's in a couple of years where we've had storm after storm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saturday's game   Saturday's game - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saturday's game
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next