seadog
Tgwu
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Geezer

Geezer

Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 4:59 pm

Agree with akagreengull. Fingers crossed england win and I win on england at -6! 25 on for 49 back. That with exeter winning and Swindon and crewe drawing and you lot getting smashed itll literally be the perfect day
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 5:00 pm

Angry wrote:
Sure its one result a bad oen at that with a very poor first half. We have to regroup and come back stronger.

but if we are to stand a chance of going up or even entertain the idea of over taking exeter and swindon who both have winning mentalities throughout the squad we need to beat teams who like us want to go up.

bad day at the office.

It's not just a bad day at the office though. We have been completely outplayed far too many times this season and have been extremely lucky not to come way with far more scorelines like Exeter and this one. Make no mistake Argo are a VERY VERY poor team.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 5:04 pm

Another defensive horror show. Wholesale centre-back changes in the summer, regardless of what division we're in.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 5:05 pm

I was saying the defence would cost us in August. What a load of shite.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 5:07 pm

As Simon once said, ''It's about more than results''

Let's not forget the hospitality packages on offer at HP, The ''Community stuff'' and of course the ladies team.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 5:12 pm

PatDunne wrote:

Let's not forget the hospitality packages on offer at HP, The ''Community stuff'' and of course the ladies team.

We''ll have the finest dining in the 4th division for many years to come. Hallett will be happy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 5:13 pm

what it comes down to liek has under Sheridan and Del Bhey, Managers and chairman are too reliant on a strong starting 11 and NOTHING afterwards. We need strength and depth through out the squad where competition for places is encouraged. As soon as 1 or 2 players drop out of our 11 we take 4 steps backwards in terms of performances and results.

Not having options on the bench costed us many times over the years it appears even under a new manager ad chairman we havent changed to address this.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 5:17 pm

Angry wrote:
Geezer wrote:
Lmfao

why arent you watching city today then? they were at home
Why would he ? nobody else does jocolor
Back to top Go down
Geezer

Geezer

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 5:18 pm

I've had my fun in this shiiiit hole so going back to zoo corner where I'm welcome x
Back to top Go down
Geezer

Geezer

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 5:19 pm

Sufferedsince68...I'm at the end of my 4 year ban.. I'll be back in December lol! Till then I'm gunna give you crap everytime you lose on here lol
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 5:22 pm

Lowe claims we had a good window hmmm Si, may have done we spent nothing! A Striker midfielder and quality defender short in my opinion, another season in Brents Basement is unacceptable to ten thousand fans paying top whack.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 5:24 pm

Geezer wrote:
Sufferedsince68...I'm at the end of my 4 year ban.. I'll be back in December lol! Till then I'm gunna give you crap everytime you lose on here lol
Gosh thats something to look forward to.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 5:31 pm

Geezer wrote:
Agree with akagreengull. Fingers crossed england win and I win on england at -6! 25 on for 49 back. That with exeter winning and Swindon and crewe drawing and you lot getting smashed itll literally be the perfect day
Close thing at the moment Geezer only 3 nil up.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 6:03 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Am I the only on concerned that (as usual) about half the team are loanees? Makes us little better than TUFC.

If we end up in the play-offs, will we lose a third of the team?

This definitely bit us on the ass today-2-0 down in half an hour and half the team are thinking "So what? I won't be here in 3 months time anyway"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 6:30 pm

PatDunne wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 6:34 pm

Geezer wrote:

sad and lonely life you must lead if getting banned by exeter city is seen as something to brag about lol amateur
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 11:29 pm

Even ignoring our games in hand I think most of us pre season would have been happy at 4th after 30 games and just six off top

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 10:17 am

Defensive shambles again. I hear that Sonny Bradley isnt cutting the mustard at Luton in the Championship, with Sawyer, Caravan and wooton contracts up at the end of the season surely an option there.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 10:59 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Lowe claims we had a good window hmmm Si, may have done we spent nothing! A Striker midfielder and quality defender short in my opinion, another season in Brents Basement is unacceptable to ten thousand fans paying top whack.

Moore Jephcott Lalos Hardie, Taylor Telford, Grant-certainly got enough forwards,numbers wise. but that hides two problems.

There is a serious lack of quality in the squad, it is full of journeyman players who have done the rounds of lower league clubs without ever arousing the interest of top flight clubs-just look at all the Bury exiles who have ended up at Home Park, were any of them offered the chance to join a  Championship Club closer to their North West base?

Obviously, RL's promotion winning team last season were never tested in a higher league, but I suspect they (like Argyle who still have a chance of promotion from a very average division) would have crashed and burnt had they not had a major squad overhaul.

The other problem is the injury list. It's plain to see that we have problems both with players being rushed back from injury and breaking down again, and with chronically unfit players being signed. Is the Manager overruling the medical staff in both of these areas? Or is the training regime causing problems?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 11:14 am

akagreengull wrote:
Let's hope England can thrash the Scots to balance out the afternoon.

Most of that was as painful to watch as the Argyle highlights. Admittedly we looked like way the better team at the end but it took an hour to get into gear. Couldn't understand all the high kicks into the teeth of that wind and the ref was only interested in our bad line out ball not the scots.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 11:20 am

Grovehill wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Moore Jephcott Lalos Hardie, Taylor Telford, Grant-certainly got enough forwards,numbers wise. but that hides two problems.

There is a serious lack of quality in the squad, it is full of journeyman players who have done the rounds of lower league clubs without ever arousing the interest of top flight clubs-just look at all the Bury exiles who have ended up at Home Park, were any of them offered the chance to join a  Championship Club closer to their North West base?

Obviously, RL's promotion winning team last season were never tested in a higher league, but I suspect they (like Argyle who still have a chance of promotion from a very average division) would have crashed and burnt had they not had a major squad overhaul.

The other problem is the injury list. It's plain to see that we have problems both with players being rushed back from injury and breaking down again, and with chronically unfit players being signed. Is the Manager overruling the medical staff in both of these areas? Or is the training regime causing problems?
Aimison and Telford have been crap signings, i agree we have a lot of bodies amongst the strikers its the lack of a consistent goal scorer that makes me think it will be the lottery of the playoffs. I dont believe the training regime is the cause of any injuries.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 11:23 am

Punchdrunk wrote:
Defensive shambles again. I hear that Sonny Bradley isnt cutting the mustard at Luton in the Championship, with Sawyer, Caravan and wooton contracts up at the end of the season surely an option there.
Losing Bradley cost us our place in league one, (cheers Jimmy) i would love to see him back.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 11:57 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
Losing Bradley cost us our place in league one, (cheers Jimmy) i would love to see him back.

Bang on Bhey. If we'd hung onto Hourihane, Bradley plus numerous other players we'd have been in the CCC years ago. We have a good squad of league 2 players which will have to perform better than their ability to get out of this god awful league.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 09, 2020 8:58 pm

The main problem was never addressed at the start of the season THE DEFENCE that let in 84 goal the previous season simples
I think Lowe took a gamble with the defence even though we got relegated I think he thought there be still good enough for L2 so he could use the budget to get his mates down from oop north instead of sorting the defence out first
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 1:27 am

RegGreen wrote:
The main problem was never addressed at the start of the season THE DEFENCE that let in 84 goal the previous season simples
I think Lowe took a gamble with the defence even though we got relegated I think he thought there be still good enough for L2 so he could use the budget to get his mates down from oop north instead of sorting the defence out first

Yes and thats not worked either Reg. Mayor touted as a world beater has been frankly a disaster. Telford and Aimson non existant. Macfz started season well but thats all

Crazy thing is I think we'll still get promoted. I fancy autos still but play offs put us in with a great shout
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Colchester FC   Argyle v Colchester FC - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle v Colchester FC
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next