Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Plymouth Argyle nowhere near having the biggest budget in League Two, says Ryan Lowe

Go down 
+2
PlymouthCasual
Earwegoagain
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Plymouth Argyle nowhere near having the biggest budget in League Two, says Ryan Lowe Empty
PostSubject: Plymouth Argyle nowhere near having the biggest budget in League Two, says Ryan Lowe   Plymouth Argyle nowhere near having the biggest budget in League Two, says Ryan Lowe EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 1:38 pm

Are the excuses starting now?

herald link

the herald wrote:
Plymouth Argyle are ‘nowhere near’ to having one of the biggest budgets in League Two, manager Ryan Lowe has declared.

Lowe made the remark as he discussed the Pilgrims’ position in the table with three months of the season remaining.

Argyle are in fourth place, with 51 points from 28 games, ahead of their fixture against Newport County at Home Park on Saturday.

His side are unbeaten in their last five matches, with four successive wins followed by a 2-2 draw with Crawley Town in midweek.

Lowe insisted he did not read too much into the league table at the end of January.

He said: “I’m not concerned about the position we are in at the moment. If anything, we are in a position where you think ‘You know what, fair play’.

“There are clubs out there that have got big massive budgets and we are nowhere near them budgets believe me, I can tell you that straight.

“There are teams under-performing and there are teams over-performing. I feel we are in a good spot.”

Argyle dropped one position from third to fourth in the table after their draw with Crawley, who equalised in second half stoppage time.

However, the Pilgrims closed the points gap on the top two, with leaders Swindon Town and Exeter City both losing 3-1 away from home, to Colchester United and Port Vale respectively.

Lowe said: “We can’t look at the top teams at the moment in terms of when they are losing games because there is going to be times when teams lose games, that’s just the way football is.

“For us, we just need to make sure that we solely focus on us. That’s important.”

Argyle’s five-match unbeaten run has been fuelled by five goals from Luke Jephcott, three from new loan signing Ryan Hardie and a couple from Byron Moore.

Ryan Taylor and Dom Telford will soon be added to the attacking mix when they return from injuries.

Lowe said: “We have got decent enough firepower for when called upon.

“Ryan has been scoring. He was a bit disappointed in himself for not scoring on Tuesday night but he’s getting in them places at the right time.

“He will score goals, as seen, and as for young Luke he has been terrific.

“We want the competition. It will be nice to have Dom and Ryan back when they are fully with us.”
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Plymouth Argyle nowhere near having the biggest budget in League Two, says Ryan Lowe Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle nowhere near having the biggest budget in League Two, says Ryan Lowe   Plymouth Argyle nowhere near having the biggest budget in League Two, says Ryan Lowe EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 2:21 pm

No shit Sherlock, it's obvious where Sis millions have gone and it's all confined to the prawn sandwich section.
Back to top Go down
PlymouthCasual

PlymouthCasual

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle nowhere near having the biggest budget in League Two, says Ryan Lowe   Plymouth Argyle nowhere near having the biggest budget in League Two, says Ryan Lowe EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 3:54 pm

I could be completely wrong here but looking at things from afar, only Swindon, Bradford and Mansfield strike me as having larger budgets than ourselves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle nowhere near having the biggest budget in League Two, says Ryan Lowe   Plymouth Argyle nowhere near having the biggest budget in League Two, says Ryan Lowe EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 3:58 pm

PlymouthCasual wrote:
I could be completely wrong here but looking at things from afar, only Swindon, Bradford and Mansfield strike me as having larger budgets than ourselves.  

Salford have a bit of cash to play with aswell but yes those teams certainly bar bradford as i think they have financial issues given how keen they have been to get rid of top players like vaughan and doyle
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle nowhere near having the biggest budget in League Two, says Ryan Lowe   Plymouth Argyle nowhere near having the biggest budget in League Two, says Ryan Lowe EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 4:40 pm

PlymouthCasual wrote:

I’d agree with that but also Salford’s potential clout with Peter Lim involved would dwarf every other team in the league, should he choose to splash the cash.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle nowhere near having the biggest budget in League Two, says Ryan Lowe   Plymouth Argyle nowhere near having the biggest budget in League Two, says Ryan Lowe EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 5:54 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
PlymouthCasual wrote:

I’d agree with that but also Salford’s potential clout with Peter Lim involved would dwarf every other team in the league, should he choose to splash the cash.

Peter Lim - Net worth: 2.1 billion USD (2020) Shocked
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle nowhere near having the biggest budget in League Two, says Ryan Lowe   Plymouth Argyle nowhere near having the biggest budget in League Two, says Ryan Lowe EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 6:48 pm

You think he'd have learnt from last season.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle nowhere near having the biggest budget in League Two, says Ryan Lowe   Plymouth Argyle nowhere near having the biggest budget in League Two, says Ryan Lowe EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 8:45 am

Sounds like typical managerial bollox to me, without searching the quotes he said a couple of months ago he was happy with the budget, it's what RL does with the whatever sized budget he has is the biggest issue.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle nowhere near having the biggest budget in League Two, says Ryan Lowe   Plymouth Argyle nowhere near having the biggest budget in League Two, says Ryan Lowe EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 8:49 am

Newport captain Joss Labadie looks ahead to the game  

Plymouth are one of the favourites for the league.
They’re a massive club with a big budget, a good manager and good players so they will be looking to go up automatically.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle nowhere near having the biggest budget in League Two, says Ryan Lowe   Plymouth Argyle nowhere near having the biggest budget in League Two, says Ryan Lowe EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 11:23 am

With the crowds we get there is no excuse not to have at least a top five budget.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle nowhere near having the biggest budget in League Two, says Ryan Lowe   Plymouth Argyle nowhere near having the biggest budget in League Two, says Ryan Lowe EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 1:25 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
With the crowds we get there is no excuse not to have at least a top five budget.
Spot on bhey! Some of the clubs in this Village league take five games to draw ten thousand punters, we get it every home game ffs! we should be top budget without a doubt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle nowhere near having the biggest budget in League Two, says Ryan Lowe   Plymouth Argyle nowhere near having the biggest budget in League Two, says Ryan Lowe Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Argyle nowhere near having the biggest budget in League Two, says Ryan Lowe
Page 1 of 1