green_genie
harvetheslayer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million   Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2019 5:30 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Unless he had an 8 figure sum sat in his bank account 3 years ago

I told you guys exactly that some years ago.
He's not a front for anyone the guy is seriously minted I would say in top 5% of all UK football chairman and he's exactly the guy that many have wished for this last 50 years
Take it you've seen his bank statements then?

Yes lol. From my work Level 3 information (its not free) you get to see the real assets of virtually anyone who is business related. Hallett in 2018 alone had a $31 Million bonus

Can we have a screenshot of that information, please?
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million   Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2019 11:55 am

Rickler wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

He's not a front for anyone the guy is seriously minted I would say in top 5% of all UK football chairman and he's exactly the guy that many have wished for this last 50 years

Yes lol. From my work Level 3 information (its not free) you get to see the real assets of virtually anyone who is business related. Hallett in 2018 alone had a $31 Million bonus

Bumped as Harve apparently can't see Rickler.

Fair request I'd say Harve.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million   Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2019 4:57 pm

Harding Loevner manage something like $40 billion in global assets, they seem pretty risk averse and go for high quality stock.

So even though the returns aren't particularly exiting I dount he struggles to pay the heating.

I get the impression this is just something he wants to do for enjoyment. We've waited for this sort of owner ever since I supported them.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million   Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2019 9:33 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Harding Loevner manage something like $40 billion in global assets, they seem pretty risk averse and go for high quality stock.

So even though the returns aren't particularly exiting I dount he struggles to pay the heating.

I get the impression this is just something he wants to do for enjoyment. We've waited for this sort of owner ever since I supported them.

He's like Mcauly Mk 2. He was the dream owner had the money but then his ego got the better of him and he lost his shit and Argyles in the process, having money isn't everything as to Halletts long term MO and his real motives only time will tell. Vs Brent he already wins hands down but I will still treat him with a healthy dose of scepticism for the time being. No one really knows him yet. I live in hope.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million   Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 30, 2019 2:11 pm

Im sure many will have listened to this podcast that Simon Hallett did 3 days ago - quite enlightening!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million   Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 30, 2019 2:20 pm

well hes feckin failed on the no dickheads hasnt he cause Nool and jb are there.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million   Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 30, 2019 8:52 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:

Agree totally with that. He is at the polar opposite end of the scale to Brent.

I've followed quite closely his decision making process regarding both finances and his overseeing of people leaving and new people arriving. Almost without exception, the decisions he's made have massively boosted the club financially, and have strengthened the club hugely in terms of personnel with the calibre of people who have arrived.

McCauley put money in, and when he did he couldn't wait to scream from the rooftops exactly how much he'd thrown at Shilton etc. Hallett is a kind of perfect opposite. He says all the sensible things like saying we should try and be sustainable, while quietly making financial decisions that in real terms are the equivalent of gifting huge sums to the club, the upgrade in spec of the mankover being a perfect example.

Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million   Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 30, 2019 9:17 pm

I was kind of onside with the Halletts until reading Harold and Lowe's assessment of Trevor East. Championship is the main goal, then what? I'm now convinced it's more 'jam tomorrow' as another highly respected poster here would say. We can't survive in the Championship without a sugar daddy and if we had one then surely the Prem would be the end goal.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million   Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 30, 2019 9:41 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
I was kind of onside with the Halletts until reading Harold and Lowe's assessment of Trevor East.  Championship is the main goal, then what?  I'm now convinced it's more 'jam tomorrow' as another highly respected poster here would say.  We can't survive in the Championship without a sugar daddy and if we had one then surely the Prem would be the end goal.

But that's just the thing. If we can get back to the Championship without too much fuss, then I'd be quietly confident Hallett could and would perform the role of Sugar Daddy, to an extent. Not that he is the type to brag or confirm he'd subsidise us at Tier2.

As far as Jam tomorrow goes, that couldn't be more wrong. Even as we speak it's very much Jam Today with the millions Hallett has almost in effect written off with his Grandstand funding, because unless we were to get to the Prem, there is zero chance of Hallett ever recouping the millions of £££'s he's converted into his own personal shares!
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million   Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 30, 2019 10:03 pm

Czarcasm, this forum needs fixing, impossible to quote you (not your problem I know).

How much would we need to compete in the Championship above sustainable?  Clubs like Millwall and their London prices are going to outdo us.  You're probably looking at an input of £10m a year to compete with the bottom half table.  

As for jam today, who for?  Not the ordinary punter who might wake up Saturday morning and decide the weather is decent enough.  You say there's zero chance of him recouping his millions, based on what?  How much is a £1.m-£1.5m per annum conference facility worth?  I've honestly no idea but Simon does.  We know nothing about future use of HHP yet either.

I'm not on the dark side here but I ain't fully subscribed.  Championship ambition seems safe to say, they all say it.  Time will tell I spose.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million   Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 30, 2019 10:22 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Czarcasm, this forum needs fixing, impossible to quote you (not your problem I know).

How much would we need to compete in the Championship above sustainable?  Clubs like Millwall and their London prices are going to outdo us.  You're probably looking at an input of £10m a year to compete with the bottom half table.  

As for jam today, who for?  Not the ordinary pundit who might wake up Saturday morning and decide the weather is decent enough.  You say there's zero chance of him recouping his millions, based on what?  How much is a £1.m-£1.5m per annum conference facility worth?  I've honestly no idea but Simon does.  We know nothing about future use of HHP yet either.

I'm not on the dark side here but I ain't fully subscribed.  Championship ambition seems safe to say, they all say it.  Time will tell I spose.

Well the definition of Jam tomorrow is empty promises that never materialise. My point is Hallett is here, now, putting money in that he is hugely unlikely to recoup unless we hit the big-time. Win win for the club, shorely.

In laymans terms he has ownership of shares that far outstrip the true value of the club. He's 'bought' them with real money though. Even the most pessimistic person should struggle to put a negative spin on that.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million   Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 30, 2019 10:33 pm

I find it hard to fault the Halletts as chairman/ woman of the club.

After the Bent era they are a breath of fresh air.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million   Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 30, 2019 10:36 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

As for jam today, who for?  Not the ordinary pundit who might wake up Saturday morning and decide the weather is decent enough.  You say there's zero chance of him recouping his millions, based on what?  How much is a £1.m-£1.5m per annum conference facility worth?  I've honestly no idea but Simon does.  We know nothing about future use of HHP yet either.

Well the definition of Jam tomorrow is empty promises that never materialise. My point is Hallett is here, now, putting money in that he is hugely unlikely to recoup unless we hit the big-time. Win win for the club, shorely.

In laymans terms he has ownership of shares that far outstrip the true value of the club. He's 'bought' them with real money though. Even the most pessimistic person should struggle to put a negative spin on that.

He currently deserves far more credit than the saviour foreshore. I'm also mindful he was a part of the BoD's that agreed the initial £5m mankover which has since risen to £10m. It's all peanuts when you're talking about the cost of running a Championship club. He can separate the club anytime he likes.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million   Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 01, 2019 1:14 am

Yea Man wrote:
Rickler wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

No can do absolutely not Yea Man. This is level 3 information which is strictly guarded and my access can be withdrawn (or anybody elses) for sharing information. Its also a very expensive yearly subscription. If Rickler wasn't such an unsufferable oaf that I may have risked it but no way .
I was asked couple years ago to share one piece on Brent which wasnt public information. Absolutely not even for that shyster.

Rest assured Hallett as I told you guys couple years ago has net assets in excess of 9 figures $
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million   Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 01, 2019 1:31 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
Rickler wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

No can do absolutely not Yea Man. This is level 3 information which is strictly guarded and my access can be withdrawn (or anybody elses) for sharing information. Its also a very expensive yearly subscription. If Rickler wasn't such an unsufferable oaf that I may have risked it but no way .
I was asked couple years ago to share one piece on Brent which wasnt public information. Absolutely not even for that shyster.

Well, there's a surprise... Harve can't come up with the goods.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million   Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 9:02 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Agree totally with that. He is at the polar opposite end of the scale to Brent.

I've followed quite closely his decision making process regarding both finances and his overseeing of people leaving and new people arriving. Almost without exception, the decisions he's made have massively boosted the club financially, and have strengthened the club hugely in terms of personnel with the calibre of people who have arrived.

McCauley put money in, and when he did he couldn't wait to scream from the rooftops exactly how much he'd thrown at Shilton etc. Hallett is a kind of perfect opposite. He says all the sensible things like saying we should try and be sustainable, while quietly making financial decisions that in real terms are the equivalent of gifting huge sums to the club, the upgrade in spec of the mankover being a perfect example.

McCauley was all about ego, he saw the love and affection Jack Walker and Steve Gibson were held in and wanted some of that for himself, he then made the decision that effectively destroyed any chance of it happening by appointing Shilton, who had neither the charisma or mentality to be a football manager and coming at the time of the Premier League and Sky money, i don't think we ever really recovered from it.

Championship footself of itself is unsustainable. There are 3 different types of clubs, recently relegated ones still on parachute money, then you've got the ones that aren't really going anywhere, QPR, Bristol City, Nottingham Forest who have owners that can bank roll the losses, then you ve got the ones struggling to stay in the division Look at how Luton and Barnsley are struggling like mad this season.

Paul Stapleton thought he could achieve this without the financial capability to do so and it nearly killed us,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million   Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Community Si chucks in another £1.5 million
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2